Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
If Bron keeps this up he’s either delusional or he’d rather chase records than get wins.

It’s obvious this team needs AD to be the focal point to be at its best

Is it worth potentially sacrificing the all-time scoring title for a chance at the 7 seed and getting beat in the first round for LeBron?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
People talk about wasting Lebrons years. Davis is the one that's being wasted.

Last 2 years, AD was not at this level due to injuries and Lebron was playing very well. Lets not pretend like at one point, Lebron was having the Lakers 22-6 and 1st in the West. With an AD coming off a title and not looking himself. AD has had not been at this level for 2 years. He's had spurts, but some injuries happen. He's playing extremely well, but so was Lebron for 2 years and AD didn't deliever his end (due to injuries).

It's not so much I fault either of these guys. They won a title, and I'm grateful. I think the real issue is that the team is relying way way way too much on them to win. We once had depth and talent. Look at the Wizards. They have Porzingis, Kuz, Beal, Morris, etc all putting in 15-20 points and whatever. They're a .500 level team, but say we had the supporting cast Beal had, around AD/Lebron, we wouldn't need them to be the superstars on a consistent basis. We've blown all our wad ($$$ wise) on 3 players, and get 1.5 level superstar impact. You can't win this way. You need team depth, and 2 stars. Or 1 star and great depth, 9-10 players deep.

Lebron's decline was inevitable and has been noticable each year. Even last year, he'd have a few great games, then would have an off night or two, take a break and then come back strong. He is good for 30-40 games of quality. The rest he either rests or are garbage for his level. He's in year 20. Just compare his level to Kobe's at the same time and Lebron is still lightyears ahead of that broken down Kobe (No disrepect to Kobe, Kobe is far more my favored player and not even close).

This is poor management, and I don't particularly think Ham has been a good coach for Lebron or AD in terms of his scheming. It took Lebron going out and going 2-8 for them to force AD to play the way we needed to from the start and we still play him at the 5, out of his natural position. He seems to have been brought in simply to ensure he can deal with the stress of losing and dealing with Westbrook. His value added on offense has not been present at all. Clearly he also needs a better team, but we're 27th in offense and #1 in pace, and we have old Lebron on our team and the best (arguable) big in the league when healthy. #1 in pace makes no sense to me, personally. As we saw last night, when we have to actually play in the halfcourt, we tend to stink. Until you don't run a pace that suits old Lebron and AD, then you won't have consistency. The team needs to develop a halfcourt game, as Lebron can not play at this pace game in and game out and neither can AD. Certainly, that's not the way they had their success in '19-20, '20-21.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
This is poor management
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
DEMAND the ball in crunch-time AD!!

AD touched the ball for 10 seconds total in the last 3 minutes of the game. Even Vince Carter called Lebron on that and said you need to feed him and not keep a pecking order of AD eats only when it’s convenient to you. He’s the hit hand and he should have been fed that fourth quarter. Perk called Bron on that too. So yeah that’s on Lebron. You can’t not feed, not play defense, hold the ball, and go 2-8 while losing that lead and then say well AD can be more forceful.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I think AD was gassed at the end of the game. He's not in super elite shape, but more he's carrying a big load on both sides. Needs more defensive help.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Ad deserves 0 blame
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
22 wrote:
If Bron keeps this up he’s either delusional or he’d rather chase records than get wins.

Is it worth potentially sacrificing the all-time scoring title for a chance at the 7 seed and getting beat in the first round for LeBron?

How is he sacrificing the all time scoring title? He has three seasons to score 1,000 points.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Did you not watch last year? He only cared about scoring. He got guilted into not winning scoring title. He had it in the bag.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject:

AD is getting 2.7 FGA in the 4th this season, down from 3.6 in the 2019-2020 season, so he is getting the ball less. His shot attempts from <10 feet are about the same while his catch and shoot attempts are down. His has been making more attempts with higher efficiency. Getting him another 2 attempts in the 4th probably won’t reduce that efficiency significantly.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Top 5 in RAPTOR now. Best he's been playing since frankly before the 2019 regular season.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
22 wrote:

How is he sacrificing the all time scoring title? He has three seasons to score 1,000 points.

You never know when a season ending injury could hit you at that age. I think a lot of people figured he would’ve already passed Kareem by now.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I have been trying to think why AD is getting less shot attempts in the 4th?

I am trying to remember, but games like last night and the Kings game, are teams double teaming him immediately, even double teaming before he gets the ball.. and meaningly reserving this method till the 4th?

And is that why AD is getting less shot attempts in the 4th?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

I am trying to remember, but games like last night and the Kings game, are teams double teaming him immediately, even double teaming before he gets the ball.. and meaningly reserving this method till the 4th?

Russ likes to be star, LeBron over dribbles before settling for bad shots, and then teams double off of non shooters.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I miss Rondo circa 2020.
He always made sure AD got fed.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

without looking at the detailed stats, i think if you overlay the shot attempts by AD in the 4th with how many games Lebron played, you will see AD took more shots in the 4th in games Lebron didn't play.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

without looking at the detailed stats, i think if you overlay the shot attempts by AD in the 4th with how many games Lebron played, you will see AD took more shots in the 4th in games Lebron didn't play.

I would have assumed this too. I just did a quick skim of the box scores, and it actually doesn't look like Lebron's presence or absence has a huge impact on the number of shots AD takes overall or in the 4th quarter. That surprised me.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I would have assumed this too. I just did a quick skim of the box scores, and it actually doesn't look like Lebron's presence or absence has a huge impact on the number of shots AD takes overall or in the 4th quarter. That surprised me.

It’s not that we go away from AD willingly, but teams really dial up the defensive attention on AD in the 4th and force our other guys (including Lebron, and Russ) to beat them. Russ tried a bunch times to get AD the ball in the last game in the 4th, and it just lead to turnovers. The defense just waits for us to try to get it to AD.

Teams have almost zero reason to worry about anyone on our team spaced to the perimeter. Everyone knows we have to score in the paint, that’s all we can do. Guard AD, and be weary of cutters…we have no other reliable ways to score.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Healthy active AD is so awesome.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Need a monster game from him in Milwaukee, but it's going to be difficult
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Still don't get why Vogel and Pelinka wanted AD to develop the three after winning the championship. Worst and dumbest decision ever. This is how AD should play. Around the basket utilizing his size for offensive rebounds!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Still don't get why Vogel and Pelinka wanted AD to develop the three after winning the championship. Worst and dumbest decision ever. This is how AD should play. Around the basket utilizing his size for offensive rebounds!!

Vogel actually was encouraging him to shoot three per game during the title year. He took 3.5 that season in the regular season (making 33%). And he was on fire in the playoffs from three (38.3%). He had shot 33-34% in the previous two seasons, as well. Not great, but sufficient to take the shot if you are open. He's been abysmal since the title run though from three.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

It was Vogel and Kidd, and the reason was spacing. The Lakers were running AD at the 4, and moving him to the 5 later on. If your 4 and 5 both can't shoot, your spacing is awful. So the Lakers were thinking about floor spacing. I don't have the advanced stats on this, but from what I recall, AD was very active in the paint. It's not like we had him sit outside the 3 point line all game long. But if AD is your 4, you need him to be able to catch and shoot some 3s. The other thing is when he slides over to 5, to have your 5 to be able to play from way out there, it's tough on the opposing defense. That's a lot of changes to their defensive game plan, from going to defending 2 bigs attacking the paint, to a 5 like AD out at the perimeter at the death.

Honest, the plan was brilliant. We should have never abandoned it, and should still try to get AD back at the 4 with a floor spacing 5 to start games then close with AD at the 5 during the death lineups, allowing Lebron to go into drive and kick mode. No matter what, the death/clutch time will be the game running through Lebron. You'll get some sets for AD, but the game will run through your guard at that juncture.

I wouldn't encourage him to shoot a lot of 3s but I wouldn't encourage him to pass up open looks later in the shot clock either. Have to keep defenses honest, at times.

We simply won't be able to beat elite teams with AD at the 5, Lebron at the 4 and smalls around them, IMO. It puts as much fear in elite teams as my pinky would. There's no rebounding pressure, not enough physical play, and not enough defensive size for switches. Even if we get into the play ins, we'll get smoked playing this tactic, IMO.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject:

DO any of these duos win the ship?

AD-Luka
AD-Giannis
AD-Durant
AD-Steph
AD-Tatum
AD-Butler
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

AD-Luka
AD-Giannis
AD-Durant
AD-Steph
AD-Tatum
AD-Butler

yes. all of them. IMHO. Butler is probably the shakiest but certainly doable.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

AD-Luka
AD-Giannis
AD-Durant
AD-Steph
AD-Tatum
AD-Butler

Luka, Giannis, Steph, Tatum could be up there. Assuming they don’t have a $47M sixth man limiting the rest of the roster of course*
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1237 of 1427
Jump to: