Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1239, 1240, 1241 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

Feel AD is making a strong case for the FO to make a move to upgrade the roster. The issue is does the FO believe AD will stay healthy and play like this all season. This AD, you put a deeper roster around them, especiallu some wings that can shoot and defend, and now you have a closing lineup.

As bad as our offense has been most of the season, with AD and Lebron, you can get by when they play this well, which is what would happen in the play ins or playoffs. Moreso, I feel we'd get exposed on defense for lack of wing size, lack of defense inside (when AD is out of the paint on switches). This is where I feel we're really toast.

It may be the AD is playing like a MVP kool aid, but if we can get 2 three and D role guys, we at least give them a shot in the playoffs. I know we're 9-12 even after this, but it's still a situation where I feel we need to do something. Either cash in on AD as he's playing like one of the best players in the NBA, or cash in and do something around them. Our upside is .500 with this roster, IMO, always has been my argument that we're not as bad as our 2-10 start, but we're also not as good as our recent run (7 of 10 wins).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

The Lakers will go places with this version of AD.

You can mix in any combination of role players. It’s always about AD being top 5 and just getting Lebron’s consistent production.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
remember when dudes were trading him for KD? and then John Collins?

played better than Giannis tonight. he's that dude.

Let’s see how we end this trip. In regard to trade it’s not about getting AD back in a trade, it’s that we are in no man’s land. Bron is immovable and getting worse. Trading AD is our only hope of an immediate future. It wasn’t collins. It was Collins, hunter and picks. Then what can an expiring Russ net us.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
It was Collins, hunter and picks.

I don’t think you realize how much of a joke that trade is. On so many levels.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:

No trade gets us AD back. So unless we can move Bron and his remaining 140m I don’t see how we are ever going to truly be anything other than average. If we end this road trip with a gaudy record maybe there is hope but if we lose the next few we are in the worst place imaginable in sports plus it would show as great as AD is he isn’t the guy to get us there.

His play is great. The only way to build a perfect AD team is to move bron and his gigantic number.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:

It wasn’t my trade but I did enhance with picks because the original that was posted was more ridiculous.

Ad is not getting us the other teams best player.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:

No trade gets us AD back.

No (bleep). That’s not the point at all. And again, you don’t seem to realize how awful that particular trade idea is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Feel AD is making a strong case for the FO to make a move to upgrade the roster. The issue is does the FO believe AD will stay healthy and play like this all season. This AD, you put a deeper roster around them, especiallu some wings that can shoot and defend, and now you have a closing lineup.

As bad as our offense has been most of the season, with AD and Lebron, you can get by when they play this well, which is what would happen in the play ins or playoffs. Moreso, I feel we'd get exposed on defense for lack of wing size, lack of defense inside (when AD is out of the paint on switches). This is where I feel we're really toast.

It may be the AD is playing like a MVP kool aid, but if we can get 2 three and D role guys, we at least give them a shot in the playoffs. I know we're 9-12 even after this, but it's still a situation where I feel we need to do something. Either cash in on AD as he's playing like one of the best players in the NBA, or cash in and do something around them. Our upside is .500 with this roster, IMO, always has been my argument that we're not as bad as our 2-10 start, but we're also not as good as our recent run (7 of 10 wins).

I believe the opposite, the FO is seeing that this roster is developing and won’t want to upset things by moving guys. At least not for awhile. It’s been reported that is why they gave the roster 20 or however many games before they assess things. Balancing making moves and not taking on future salary is tricky.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:

No trade gets us AD back.

No (bleep). That’s not the point at all. And again, you don’t seem to realize how awful that particular trade idea is.

Every trade is awful for this current version of AD. Unfortunately for us to be legitimately a contender beyond today we need an AD centric team. As long as Bron is here that won’t happen.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
So, what's actually attributing to the recent stellar play from AD??

Just him feeling healthier (back feeling better)?
Inspirational talk from coach?
Pressure from the Lakers FO on wanting to see if he's THE GUY?
Getting inspiration from football?

I honestly never saw this resurgence coming. Even if it's not sustainable, this string of games is still super impressive coming from a guy we have lost so much faith on.

Team made a focus of feeding him the ball in spots he can do damage. Dumping the ball to him around the 18 ft area like before is really not helping. Russ and bron got him a ton of easy baskets, and AD has his jumper back now which made him the Unicorn like 2020
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

AD is putting up Shaq numbers out there. He has best player in the league potential when he brings it like this, need to keep him healthy and you will see bubble AD out there every night. Man he looks great lately!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

The Lead
@TheLeadSM

List of players in NBA history to put up 25 and 12 on 50% FG in 8 consecutive games:

- Wilt Chamberlain
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Anthony Davis

AD is the first to do it in 50 years 🤯

Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Lead
@TheLeadSM

List of players in NBA history to put up 25 and 12 on 50% FG in 8 consecutive games:

- Wilt Chamberlain
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Anthony Davis

AD is the first to do it in 50 years 🤯

According to SportsCenter, he’s the first guy with 25/10/3 blocks in 5 straight since Shaq in ‘99.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Please get him a starting center 🙏🏼

Our defense would be litty AF! Dude can play elite defense against wings for real.

https://streamable.com/5ozb72
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Our defense would be litty AF! Dude can play elite defense against wings for real.

Pat Beverly + Nunn + Lotto protected 1st for Vucevic would work.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Pat Beverly + Nunn + Lotto protected 1st for Vucevic would work.

A first for Vucevic and his expiring? Come on now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Crazy when you consider that Giannis in year 10 and Davis is in year 11 at ages 28 and 29. They were just drafted one year apart. Even Davis seemed surprised that this is Giannis's 10th year in the post game interview.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:31 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
remember when dudes were trading him for KD? and then John Collins?

played better than Giannis tonight. he's that dude.

Yeah, people were ready to quit 5-6 games into the season. This AD is one of the best in the league, MVP/DPOY caliber season so far

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Crazy when you consider that Giannis in year 10 and Davis is in year 11 at ages 28 and 29. They were just drafted one year apart. Even Davis seemed surprised that this is Giannis's 10th year in the post game interview.

Yea I think people forget that Giannis was in the league before he started looking like the Hulk.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Three times NO!! It will not.

You guys want AD out of the paint again. Are you forgetting when we got the layup parade when we had MGasol, Djordan & ADrummond??!!

Vusevic is even worse. That guy is really allergic to the paint and slow as maple syrup!

He can guard the freak, yes he can but the freak, can guard him?
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

where you get those tho? FAs i dont think you can upgrade much there. youd have to make something with Beverley+Toscano and Nunn+Jones, maybe with a couple of 2nds. no idea if that gets you something good tho

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

You guys want AD out of the paint again. Are you forgetting when we got the layup parade when we had MGasol, Djordan & ADrummond??!!

Vusevic is even worse. That guy is really allergic to the paint and slow as maple syrup!

I’m not advocating for Vuc personally, but I still would take that scenario over keeping AD at the 5.

You brought up our center platoon from the 2020/21 season where Vogs was really messing around with their minutes. But you do recall AD only playing half the season that year and our defense was still pretty lit.

I understand some of you are living AD’s performance right now at the 5, but we’re still not playing elite D with him at the rim protector spot. You put AD out at the wing and his task defensive potential gets realized imho.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
lakerican wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

I’m not advocating for Vuc personally, but I still would take that scenario over keeping AD at the 5.

You brought up our center platoon from the 2020/21 season where Vogs was really messing around with their minutes. But you do recall AD only playing half the season that year and our defense was still pretty lit.

I understand some of you are living AD’s performance right now at the 5, but we’re still not playing elite D with him at the rim protector spot. You put AD out at the wing and his task defensive potential gets realized imho.

Turner or McGee are the only real answers imho that would take us next level
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Mo Bamba is also available. He looks like he is what he'll be at this point, but if you get him to focus on lobs and defense you could have something like a poor man's McGee. Except Bamba can hit threes.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Mo Bamba is also available. He looks like he is what he'll be at this point, but if you get him to focus on lobs and defense you could have something like a poor man's McGee. Except Bamba can hit threes.

The fact he can be had for very cheap, and on a cheep contract makes him desirably.

Much rather have him than Turner considering the cost.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1239, 1240, 1241 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1240 of 1430
Jump to: