Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1243, 1244, 1245 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Anthony Davis was just named the NBA’s Player of the Week for the Western Conference.

That's right.

Giving it to Ayton last week over Davis was robbery. Ayton averaged 22 points a game while Davis averaged like 34 and 14 rebounds.
People are blind!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Anthony Davis was just named the NBA’s Player of the Week for the Western Conference.

That's right.

Giving it to Ayton last week over Davis was robbery. Ayton averaged 22 points a game while Davis averaged like 34 and 14 rebounds.
People are blind!!!

Laker tax tbh.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Never expected this. A lot of people including myself have written AD off. This is quite a surprise and refreshing. Question is do we have enough around him to contend for a championship? I think so. AD playing great makes Westbrook play better too because there's a lot of easy, gimme assists just for dumping the ball into AD.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Don't look now but he's at 33% from 3. Low attempts, but that's out of the "just dare him to shoot those every time" territory.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Never expected this. A lot of people including myself have written AD off. This is quite a surprise and refreshing. Question is do we have enough around him to contend for a championship? I think so. AD playing great makes Westbrook play better too because there's a lot of easy, gimme assists just for dumping the ball into AD.

Still need some more pieces. Preferably a two way wing, which will be hard to come by. We need to get a lucky trade or buyout situation emerge.

But AD is finally realizing his potential which is BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. AD is taking the throne finally.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Don't look now but he's at 33% from 3. Low attempts, but that's out of the "just dare him to shoot those every time" territory.

i dont mind him not shooting them much. he should take the open ones though

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I don't know if it was about writing him off. it was about his ability to carry us and he has. However, the real test will be the season. If we end up in playoffs he is our guy. if not we need to take a hard look at where we are going.

I certainly have changed my mind on trading him. We have to move bron and get AD a legit running mate.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Giannis with a jumper
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

AD seems to be unstoppable whenever I give up hope on him.

So... I guess I'll keep doubting him?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

That's right.

People are blind!!!

I believe the week that Ayton won Davis missed a game. We were 1-1 in the game he played and he averaged about 24-14 in those two games

So if I'm right about all that Ayton did have a better week and he deserved the award.

Ayton's stats for that week in three winning games were

23.7 PPG
16.0 RPG
1.3 BPG
67.4 FG%

It's not a big deal. Davis is already one player of the week seven times in the past
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AD dropped 55 on Washington while scoring just 2 of those points in isolations (from the perimeter or post)

LA is manufacturing an insane number of roll & dump off looks for him (which is a sign of a well functioning offense)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
AD dropped 55 on Washington while scoring just 2 of those points in isolations (from the perimeter or post)

LA is manufacturing an insane number of roll & dump off looks for him (which is a sign of a well functioning offense)

Gotta give Ham's offense some credit.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

its crazy how dominant he became when the reins were forced on him.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
There is a stark contrast between Davis’ screens per game and his efficiency over the past nine games vs. the first 11 games, according to Second Spectrum data. James and Davis’ two-man game, already lethal, continues to become more dangerous. The Lakers used a steady dose down the stretch of their thrilling win over the Bucks, with the league’s then-No. 1 defense unable to stop LA’s relatively simple action. The Lakers have adjusted to have Davis set the screen lower on the floor, often well inside the three-point line, rather than up high. That shift plays to Los Angeles’ strength given the group’s collective finishing ability, but particularly Davis’. “With me being 6-foot-8, 6-foot-9, being able to see the whole floor, the closer you get to the rim, it makes the offense run a lot easier, keeps the defense even more at bay,” James said. “And AD’s ability to pick-and-pop or pick-and-roll or pick-and-slip and he’s got great hands. I can throw it pretty much anywhere for him to go get it.” – via Jovan Buha @ The Athletic

First 11 games: 31.1% from 3; Ortg 22nd in league; Drtg 11th in league
Last 9 games: 36.7% from 3; Ortg 3rd in league; Drtg 9th in league

Definitely an improvement, but more than possibly the shooting opening up our PnR, I’m sure AD’s early back injury limited his ability. Either way, the offense seems to have been addressed, but going to the defensive side of the ball, wonder what it does if we add a 7fter to that big Bron/AD frontline 🤔
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

I respect JWill's knowledge of the game. he says the reason for his dominance is because he's playing the 5. If that's the case is Myles the answer?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

Shooting can open it up for the inside game, but killing it in the paint can also open it up for shooting. When you have 2-3 guys collapsing on Davis, Lebron and Westbrook, it can only help the spacing.

Its a balancing act
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I respect JWill's knowledge of the game. he says the reason for his dominance is because he's playing the 5. If that's the case is Myles the answer?

I mean, AD is doing this in SPITE of Bev starting with him and giving him zero floor spacing. At least Myles is a near 40% 3 point shooter.

For me, getting Myles is about unleashing an even more vicious AD on defense, and having Myles who is a 16-18ppg level player. But, I think the Myles boat may have sailed b/c the Pacers are playing too well now.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

We can’t ignore the quality of opponent as well. But that Bucks game did provide a nice forecast if we do end up figuring this thing out this season.

T- 10 days till we can potentially start shuffling up the cards we’ve been dealt. Either way, my personal priority: make AD com4table!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I mean, AD is doing this in SPITE of Bev starting with him and giving him zero floor spacing. At least Myles is a near 40% 3 point shooter.

For me, getting Myles is about unleashing an even more vicious AD on defense, and having Myles who is a 16-18ppg level player. But, I think the Myles boat may have sailed b/c the Pacers are playing too well now.

This is certainly something we agree on. I am a huge Myles fan. Just brought it up.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

This is certainly something we agree on. I am a huge Myles fan. Just brought it up.

Maybe he can play the McGee/Howard role at about 20 mins a game.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Maybe he can play the McGee/Howard role at about 20 mins a game.

he's more than that. Hes still youngish and has a pretty decent offense to go along with his D.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

another reason we can't trade RW now.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
Team goes as far as AD goes.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

another reason we can't trade RW now.

Yep, he’s that 6th man facilitator for AD.

We already know Dennis doesn’t have that kind of chemistry with AD.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I think we can expect Davis to have bad games when he comes back. Coming off a fever is not easy on the body.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1243, 1244, 1245 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1244 of 1425
Jump to: