Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

He’s done. Brandon Roy.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

This video of AD sulking and not jumping to celebrate LeBron surpassing the scoring record like every single other Laker is worrisome. What’s going on?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
This video of AD sulking and not jumping to celebrate LeBron surpassing the scoring record like every single other Laker is worrisome. What’s going on?

Yeah that was strange
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we can’t put together a streak in February, maybe he should just get the surgery done so he can come back stronger
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

ArminNBA wrote:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with LeBron throwing his teammates under the bus saying he was disappointed they didn't get Kyrie(which would have meant Westbrook got sent away).
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm getting sick of Russell's constant errors... and AD's constant apathy.

Just a terrible performance other than James.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with LeBron throwing his teammates under the bus saying he was disappointed they didn't get Kyrie(which would have meant Westbrook got sent away).

What a REACH……
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Barry Seal wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

What a REACH……

One of the resident haters
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

No stats to pull out so u reaching now 😂
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Barry Seal wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

What a REACH……

One of the resident haters

Ah I see. Makes sense now
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 pm    Post subject:

No matter what happens the rest of the season we have to start looking to trade AD in the offseason. Its obvious by now hes never going to be the next Laker great that we need him to be.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
No matter what happens the rest of the season we have to start looking to trade AD in the offseason. Its obvious by now hes never going to be the next Laker great that we need him to be.

He can’t even be #2 on a contender
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Dude is getting dragged on Twitter, as he should be. One shot attempt in the 4th quarter. Nine for the entire game. This after he was also invisible for the last 20 minutes or so of the previous game after he was dominating the Pelicans. Something is off with him.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dude is getting dragged on Twitter, as he should be. One shot attempt in the 4th quarter. Nine for the entire game. This after he was also invisible for the last 20 minutes or so of the previous game after he was dominating the Pelicans. Something is off with him.

He’s a 7 foot big playing on a bad foot that everyone knows needs surgery. He has a coach trotting out three point guards and Troy Brown at power forward and he’s supposed to cover their mistakes. The team dynamic changed again from the time they were winning when he went out mostly because of the record. There is a looming of a trade maybe coming because the nets leaked a deal and he’s been in a locker room where a trade tore it apart, and lebron lost his first la locker room with it. His coach didn’t stick to his minutes restriction at all and admitted as much when he sat him versus Brooklyn. He got snubbed for the all star game for bs reasons when Zion played less games than him. He has to sit through Russ mistakes. He was entitled to a bid night. And we haven’t even touched on the fact both our backup bigs showed they can play and yet the coach won’t play one of the next to ad and neither of them at the same time in the rotation even though AD has expressed he likes another big on the floor with him defensively and offensively since the first day he got to the team, yet it’s always ignored in the narrative of be our star you’re the future
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

He’s a 7 foot big playing on a bad foot that everyone knows needs surgery. He has a coach trotting out three point guards and Troy Brown at power forward and he’s supposed to cover their mistakes. The team dynamic changed again from the time they were winning when he went out mostly because of the record. There is a looming of a trade maybe coming because the nets leaked a deal and he’s been in a locker room where a trade tore it apart, and lebron lost his first la locker room with it. His coach didn’t stick to his minutes restriction at all and admitted as much when he sat him versus Brooklyn. He got snubbed for the all star game for bs reasons when Zion played less games than him. He has to sit through Russ mistakes. He was entitled to a bid night. And we haven’t even touched on the fact both our backup bigs showed they can play and yet the coach won’t play one of the next to ad and neither of them at the same time in the rotation even though AD has expressed he likes another big on the floor with him defensively and offensively since the first day he got to the team, yet it’s always ignored in the narrative of be our star you’re the future

If he's hurt he shouldn't be out there. If he's out there, he cannot be limited to 9 shots.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I sure hope he isn't playing hurt on what could become a worse injury than it's already been. But I have no other explanation for his play at this point.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:00 am    Post subject:

AD pouted sulked and darn near protested LBJ breaking the record. If he gaf he would have at least faked it…looks like he don’t gaf. There was a rebound the announcers pointed out that bounced twice…AD didn’t make an effort. I saw that and wondered if anything was of it then later saw the video. It might not mean anything but it looked like AD was in his feelings about something.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:17 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
MJST wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

No stats to pull out so u reaching now 😂

No, I was just seeing how easily it'd be to get the same 3 people that only show up to bash AD to take the bait

And ya'll didn't disappoint

Last edited by MJST on Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:23 am    Post subject:

For the record, Anthony Davis just came off a 34/14 with 2 blocks game

He's also averaged 30/12/2 the 3 games prior to this one.

But it only takes one bad game, for the same 3-4 people to come out of the woodwork and smack talk saying he doesn't care. They're very easy to bring out though, just act like you're critiquing LeBron and they'll see the Bat Signal.

Anyway, needed a better game from AD tonight, he's been great since his return from injury, but tonight we needed a bit more from him. But the people trying to use this game to say he doesn't care or has just been apathetic all season are more so just showing their true colors and exist only to criticize him, like Skip Bayless exists solely to disrespect LeBron.

So ultimately, nothing to take seriously.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:45 am    Post subject:

I can see where you're coming from MJST, but you didn't find it odd that he went to sit by himself and didn't bother to get up/cheer when LeBron broke the scoring record? His body language, especially at that moment, seemed really off.

Maybe he knows he's getting traded? I don't know. It seemed super weird to not get caught up in the excitement of that record breaking shot.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
I can see where you're coming from MJST, but you didn't find it odd that he went to sit by himself and didn't bother to get up/cheer when LeBron broke the scoring record? His body language, especially at that moment, seemed really off.

Maybe he knows he's getting traded? I don't know. It seemed super weird to not get caught up in the excitement of that record breaking shot.

Yea just totally weird body language from AD… I’ve seen him crack smiles or laugh on some nights we lost. You’re telling me he cant be happy for Lebron in that moment? Something is definitely off, even Lebron’s words were weird

Lebron: I know! Just want to tell you I love you bro. That’s all I want you know. Then Lebron proceeded to say “That’s crazy!”.

Maybe word got to them that AD is being shopped around?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:46 am    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:

The video that cuts off before AD gets up? Has anyone uploaded the full video of whats happened there yet?

AS far as what bothered AD tonight, it could be a multitude of things. Could have been pissed at his game, or that the team was behind. Could be dealing with personal issues. LeBron told him "Just want you to know I love you." So whatever it is LeBron seems to have an idea as he was privy to whatever was bothering AD.

I am fairly certain though the "Maybe AD is getting traded" stuff wouldn't be a part of the equation if he had the usual 28/12 night. It just gets amplified because he wasn't playing well. That seemed to bother him a lot tonight as well.

We'll either know in the future or never know. The most important thing we can ask for is whatever it is, if its personal life related, that he has the support he needs, and if it's basketball related, that a few bounce back games will help. Outside of that, the most we could do is speculate, which ultimately doesn't mean much in the grand scheme, unless one of them says.

Replacing AD with anyone at his level is pointless(as right now only Giannis and KD are at AD's level at the position he plays) is a lateral move and does nothing. Replacing Russ is more a move that can upgrade or fill some holes in the roster.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:53 am    Post subject:

My hot take: Lebron is going to ask for a trade, and let AD know, that is why AD was sulking
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:21 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
My hot take: Lebron is going to ask for a trade, and let AD know, that is why AD was sulking

LeBron can't be traded, so cool that take.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:31 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
twisted wrote:

LeBron can't be traded, so cool that take.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant Lebron is going to ask to be traded after the season and he let AD know. Hence, the AD sulking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1270 of 1430
Jump to: