Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
THT just becoming a 35% three point shooter would open up his game in so many ways it'd make the Lakers fans that gave up on another young 21 year old talent "too soon" yet again.

But again, it wasn't gonna happen in a single off-season, particularly with the injury.

So once more, understand what he's good at, try to maximize that. He's good at slashing and catching a rhythm from mid off the dribble, work on that. Not making him a stand in the corner 3 point shooter.

The Lakers should be using THT as a weapon in more off the ball cuts than they do. That's for sure.

It’s the Lebron show. He’s going for scoring champion. He doesn’t give a fu&k about developing THT for when he is gone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
MJST wrote:
THT just becoming a 35% three point shooter would open up his game in so many ways it'd make the Lakers fans that gave up on another young 21 year old talent "too soon" yet again.

But again, it wasn't gonna happen in a single off-season, particularly with the injury.

So once more, understand what he's good at, try to maximize that. He's good at slashing and catching a rhythm from mid off the dribble, work on that. Not making him a stand in the corner 3 point shooter.

The Lakers should be using THT as a weapon in more off the ball cuts than they do. That's for sure.

It’s the Lebron show. He’s going for scoring champion. He doesn’t give a fu&k about developing THT for when he is gone.

He shouldn’t, that is the job of the coaching staff.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

One of his better games tonight. Shows flashes of what he could be if we didn’t have Russ.

I so wish we could see how he’d look next to KCP or Caruso instead of Russ.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
I would rather develop reaves than THT at this point.

Reaves doesn't have a whole lot that he can develop. Improve his shot and passing skills I suppose. But his upside is limited. Sky is the limit with THT.

He played a great game tonight. Some good defensive moments (2 blocks), hit some threes, scored and dished well.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Been playing good recently
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I would rather develop THT Monk and Reaves over watching Russ at this point.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Props to THT for the nice set of good games recently.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:

The way we make trades we'll trade him for someone playing half as good. At this point hang on to the guy. There isn't a trade that can fix this, unless RW is involved.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:

He has played well lately, unfortunately I don’t see him finishing the season as a laker, only because our roster construction wa a garbage and now they will make a desperate move.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
joeblow wrote:

The way we make trades we'll trade him for someone playing half as good. At this point hang on to the guy. There isn't a trade that can fix this, unless RW is involved.

Any team that takes on WB, will want a longterm asset attached to it. The only longterm assets we have are THT or the 2027 FRP.

Agreed he has had some very good games as of late.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

[quote="wolfpaclaker"]
Mamba Mentality wrote:
joeblow wrote:

Any team that takes on WB, will want a longterm asset attached to it. The only longterm assets we have are THT or the 2027 FRP.

And that team will likely eventually bench Russ and groom THT, but we can’t do that here.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Only thing that matters is what can we get for him.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

That bogus flagrant on THT should get rescinded.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

I'll hate to lose THT due to the fact we picked up Westbrook in the off-season.
He's going to cost us. if the Lakers choose to not make a reactive decision, then we'll lose this year, but keep THT, at least for a little while longer.

He gets out of control sometimes, but it's worth his development.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

He isn’t going to develop as well playing with Lebron.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

u think it's LeBron or any young guys playing with high usage vet star? Like would a youngster develop better playing along side KD or Harden or Steph?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling that Lakers will not trade him. The FO is not so bright but Rob and co are not stupid too. They will learn on their mistakes. We traded so many young guys in recent years and we didn't have a chance to see any of them developing under our roof. Its time that Lakers stick with young guy for longer period of time. I am not saying don't trade THT for a star or game changer. But trading him just to get rid of RW would be huge mistake.
THT has his flaws but he is 20 years old. He has at least 3-4 years of development. Lakers already invested in him giving him a contract. Losing him just to fix mistake they did with RW would be utterly stupid.
Lets see where he will go in the future. Maybe we have a great player there. We still don't know.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I have a feeling that Lakers will not trade him. The FO is not so bright but Rob and co are not stupid too. They will learn on their mistakes. We traded so many young guys in recent years and we didn't have a chance to see any of them developing under our roof. Its time that Lakers stick with young guy for longer period of time. I am not saying don't trade THT for a star or game changer. But trading him just to get rid of RW would be huge mistake.
THT has his flaws but he is 20 years old. He has at least 3-4 years of development. Lakers already invested in him giving him a contract. Losing him just to fix mistake they did with RW would be utterly stupid.
Lets see where he will go in the future. Maybe we have a great player there. We still don't know.

FO will trade whoever can get Bron a shot at another chip, we only got like 1-2 MVP seasons left, chip or bust, THT/Reaves/picks are all in play
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

FO will trade whoever can get Bron a shot at another chip, we only got like 1-2 MVP seasons left, chip or bust, THT/Reaves/picks are all in play

Yeah maybe. But I am Laker fan and I am interested for Lakers future. For me Lakers are much more than pleasing Lebron and his needs.
Lakers will exist after Lebron is gone too.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I have a feeling that Lakers will not trade him. The FO is not so bright but Rob and co are not stupid too. They will learn on their mistakes. We traded so many young guys in recent years and we didn't have a chance to see any of them developing under our roof. Its time that Lakers stick with young guy for longer period of time.
<snip>

The mistake wasn't trading the young guys, the mistakes were selling them for less than they were worth (Zubac, Bryant, Randle) - or could have been worth. And wasting away other assets like FRP's and trade exceptions (Westbrook trade). And valuing names (Westbrook, Drummond) over skill-set/fit.
Never mistake activity for achievement - John Wooden.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Yeah maybe. But I am Laker fan and I am interested for Lakers future. For me Lakers are much more than pleasing Lebron and his needs.
Lakers will exist after Lebron is gone too.

100%, I'm not saying it's right or wrong
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

u think it's LeBron or any young guys playing with high usage vet star? Like would a youngster develop better playing along side KD or Harden or Steph?

Steph yes, we are seeing that now with the young Warriors players. But not the others, they play too much hero ball to share with young players. The Warriors play a share the ball system, the others don’t.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Nah it's more like they won't trade THT because his value isn't decent enough to get good value that could help lebron now.

Not many teams value a perimeter player with potential at 10 mil while having a 49 TS% and shooting 25% from 3.

It might be fair to say THT has negative value right now. You can find someone of his calibur in the g-league for 1/4 the cost.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Trade
Him
Today
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Trade
Him
Today

Don't let lakesh0wtime see this, that's his boy. lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 172 of 202
Jump to: