Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I don't care how, but front office needs to find a way to keep him. He is future of the Lakers alongside AD. If it means to lose DS and Trez I am in.
Don't really care about others like Caruso, KCP. If they need to be traded for THT to get long term contract than do it. He has unique skills and will become great player. Everyone can see it.

This x 10.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Last 10 games

14.3 points, 46% shooting, 36.7% 3 pointers, 3.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 steals and 77.4 FT shooting in 25.6 minutes of play
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I don't care how, but front office needs to find a way to keep him. He is future of the Lakers alongside AD. If it means to lose DS and Trez I am in.
Don't really care about others like Caruso, KCP. If they need to be traded for THT to get long term contract than do it. He has unique skills and will become great player. Everyone can see it.

I dont think you have to worry so much. The fact that the Lakers wouldn't part with him for Lowry means they value him highly. I can easily see THT start for this team next season or the year after. There is too much promise in the kid with both his physical and skill gifts that many players don't have.

The kid can freaking score. Even with a limited jump shot and role player minutes, the kid is capable of averaging a very good amount of points. With a jump shot even from mid range? Kid would already be Demar Derozen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

This x 10.

There is no way after rejecting a Lowry trade, that the Lakers will let him go.

If I had my guess, they will prioritize Dennis/THT, and let Caruso go. That's my hunch (especially since they already made a huge extension offer to Dennis).
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

This x 10.

If I had my guess, they will prioritize Dennis/THT, and let Caruso go. That's my hunch (especially since they already made a huge extension offer to Dennis).

You say Laker front office will prioritize DS, then why did Rob Pelinka offered DS and KCP for Kyle Lowry? The only reason the trade was killed was because Toronto was demanding that THT be included in the trade package.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

This x 10.

Hopefully they are prioritizing Caruso and THT on reasonable contracts
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

This x 10.

You say Laker front office will prioritize DS, then why did Rob Pelinka offered DS and KCP for Kyle Lowry? The only reason the trade was killed was because Toronto was demanding that THT be included in the trade package.

It's b/c they offered Dennis the max extension possible and he turned it down.

I would have personally done the same if Dennis rejected the max extension. I would have also rejected including THT. Doesn't mean they don't value Dennis (b/c why would they offer a max extension in the first place)?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

This x 10.

Hopefully they are prioritizing Caruso and THT on reasonable contracts

I think it's Dennis/THT that they will prioritize. I think AC may get a big deal from some team, and the Lakers may not match it for a backup guard.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

Anyways, I think we all agree the Lakers will keep THT.

The question is about what we do with the following unrestricted FAs:

Dennis
AC
Trezz (player option)
Gasol (player option)
Kieff
Drummond
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we repeat and Jeanie pays everyone and goes over the cap.
THT has been more fluid in his movement on the court lately, less herky jerky, much more of a smooth glide. Training with Bron he will get strong in the weight room too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Anyways, I think we all agree the Lakers will keep THT.

The question is about what we do with the following unrestricted FAs:

Dennis
AC
Trezz (player option)
Gasol (player option)
Kieff
Drummond

THT with low starting $ but poison pill type at the end of the contract
Trez or Drummond for the MLE so I think Lakers would prioritize Drummond with promise of payday after bird
Kieff or Kuz for $13m cause I think it's what they're both would get in the open market(maybe even more)
Gasol retire
DS needs to sign for $19m so maybe the 5th year guaranteed to entice him (and need to clear KCP/Kuz for him)
AC... no more cap for him
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

<snip>
Kieff or Kuz for $13m cause I think it's what they're both would get in the open market(maybe even more)

Max that Kieff can be offered is 10m per Early Bird - there's no cap room for anything else.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
governator wrote:

<snip>

Max that Kieff can be offered is 10m per Early Bird - there's no cap room for anything else.

Assuming DS is top priority then KCP-Kuz-Kieff

tough choice
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Unless there's an explicit wink-wink deal, not sure Kieff fetches $10m/year on the open market. Maybe we could give him $5m/year level, but who knows.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Last 10 games

14.3 points, 46% shooting, 36.7% 3 pointers, 3.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 steals and 77.4 FT shooting in 25.6 minutes of play

Those are the numbers that the FO was/is hoping Kuzma reached. At 20, unless he seriously regresses, this is one of the keepers going forth.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Unless there's an explicit wink-wink deal, not sure Kieff fetches $10m/year on the open market. Maybe we could give him $5m/year level, but who knows.

Sure, but I have a feeling the Lakers will give him well north of 5.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

if he can once become an All Star, would he be the only freshman picked in the 2nd round that became an all star? Ricght now, I can't remember such a player.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
if he can once become an All Star, would he be the only freshman picked in the 2nd round that became an all star? Ricght now, I can't remember such a player.

That's an interesting stat.. I think he would be though! Every other All Star I thought of that was drafted in the second round played at least 2 years of college before coming out. The only other exceptions I came up with were our very own Marc Gasol and Ginobli since they played overseas but they both had much more experience coming out.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Losing DS, Trez and KCP is way too much just to keep THT. THT could become an All-Star in a few years, but he could also max out as a guy who provides some instant scoring off the bench but is a flawed player.

With LeBron aging fast and about to decline in who knows how long, we need offensive depth around him.

If I were Pelinka I'd prioritize DS and THT most, followed by Trez and KCP. If we have to lose Caruso to keep at least 2 or 3 of those guys then fine, but I'd rather keep them all.

I'd really love to have a starting backcourt of DS and THT either next year or the year after if THT earns a starting job.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Losing DS, Trez and KCP is way too much just to keep THT. THT could become an All-Star in a few years, but he could also max out as a guy who provides some instant scoring off the bench but is a flawed player.

With LeBron aging fast and about to decline in who knows how long, we need offensive depth around him.

If I were Pelinka I'd prioritize DS and THT most, followed by Trez and KCP. If we have to lose Caruso to keep at least 2 or 3 of those guys then fine, but I'd rather keep them all.

I'd really love to have a starting backcourt of DS and THT either next year or the year after if THT earns a starting job.

Agreed. We need to keep DS and THT.

Trez is a good contributor who is very replaceable, and he'll get a big deal from a small market team or playoff team and he should take it.

KCP is also an inconsequential player. He wouldn't even be here if it not were for Klutch.

Kief I think is also as good as gone no matter what happens. He should get paid and I wouldn't blame him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
KCP is also an inconsequential player. He wouldn't even be here if it not were for Klutch.

I'm not a big KCP fan either but his defense is elite. It's a very big part of why we are the number 1 defensive team in the league. Losing him would not be inconsequential
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
matigol wrote:

That's an interesting stat.. I think he would be though! Every other All Star I thought of that was drafted in the second round played at least 2 years of college before coming out. The only other exceptions I came up with were our very own Marc Gasol and Ginobli since they played overseas but they both had much more experience coming out.

Monta Ellis was a highschool prospect but not an allstar. (But brderline)
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
methdxman wrote:

I'm not a big KCP fan either but his defense is elite. It's a very big part of why we are the number 1 defensive team in the league. Losing him would not be inconsequential

KCP’s also shooting 42 percent from three this year despite his heavy defensive burden and despite going through large swaths of the season without having any true creators on the floor with him. He’s by far the best shooter on the team. And he is one of the best lock and trail defenders in the entire NBA - there’s almost nobody better at chasing shooters around screens. Oh yea and he’s just six months removed from a playoff run in which he was arguably the third best player on a championship team. He’s far from inconsequential. If anything if you pair KCP with the stars on this team, his skillset (shooting, speed in transition, and defense) is probably more valuable than that of any of the other role players on this roster.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Not to derail the THT thread, but the KCP hate makes no sense. Yes, he's inconsistent offensively. But he plays hard, plays great defense, and knocks down open looks. I'd like to see him more assertive but I think players are expecting him to be something that he's not.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Last 10 games

Those are the numbers that the FO was/is hoping Kuzma reached. At 20, unless he seriously regresses, this is one of the keepers going forth.

Kuzma is at 12.9 ppg and 6.5 rpg on 35% 3 point shooting in 28 mpg, never mind that he exceeded 14ppg in two seasons already. Not sure what point you're trying to make with this counting stats as a comparison to Kuzma. They have different roles and obviously Kuzma has met whatever expectations the Lakers had of him otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the contract extension.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 121 of 202
Jump to: