TALEN HORTON-TUCKER - He’s a 46th Pick!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2998
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
How much money would it take for the team to retain this guy?


Kind of a rare position he's in so if he continues to play like he has it will likely be the max of the rarely seen “Gilbert Arenas Provision”. Check out this article which explains it much better then I can.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/talen-horton-tuckers-contract-situation-explained/ar-BB1dvNb0

Basically the Lakers are nearly guaranteed to keep him but they will have to make a little extra room going into that third year where the big increase happens. Lebron if he resigns will likely come back for much cheaper at that point (hopefully) so that will probably help things quite a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 2564

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
How much money would it take for the team to retain this guy?


Kind of a rare position he's in so if he continues to play like he has it will likely be the max of the rarely seen “Gilbert Arenas Provision”. Check out this article which explains it much better then I can.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/talen-horton-tuckers-contract-situation-explained/ar-BB1dvNb0

Basically the Lakers are nearly guaranteed to keep him but they will have to make a little extra room going into that third year where the big increase happens. Lebron if he resigns will likely come back for much cheaper at that point (hopefully) so that will probably help things quite a bit.


The cap rules make my head spin. Bottom line is the Lakers have the advantage, good to know.
_________________
Smrek 2, Nevitt 1, Barkley 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21269

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are clearly keeping THT (we refused to part with him in a Lowry trade).

I think the bigger question is WHO ELSE will go? Will we see a package trade of KCP/Kuzma for one better player while retaining Schroder and THT? That will be the most interesting question going into the offseason.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11367

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Will we see a package trade of KCP/Kuzma for one better player while retaining Schroder and THT?


My guess is either they do a sign and trade for Schroder which reduces some salary but gets back cheaper assets and/or picks or Kuzma/KCP is moved. I'd say Kuzma would be the guy you prefer to move, KCP's inconsistent offensively but his defense is very important for a title team. Where Kuzma's ability to score might give him higher trade value. The argument for moving KCP instead though would be that he, like THT is a guard so that frees up some time for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Posts: 1643

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

KCP was our starting PG in last year’s championship run and he has been our starting guard this season. Despite his inconsistencies, he is smart and experienced and make sound decisions and no mistakes on the court. He is a keeper.

Kuz plays much better this season. He is a good rebounder, decent shooter and has improved defense and finishing skills. His size, young legs are much needed against tall guard/wing like PG or Kawai alongside aging LBJ. He is a keeper too.

Schroder is good but not a good fit and may be too expensive. Lowry or Rose are true PGs with good range and could be cheaper.

AC is a decent backup PG. He is a good defender and play smartly. His scoring skills and range have been improved this season. Worth to keep.

THT is a decent defender. He has range and can bring the ball to the basket and has good finishing skill. Worth to keep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 1206

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

I so wish he works with Hakeem and Steph Curry in the offseason. Kobe would have been a great mentor for him as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakers are clearly keeping THT (we refused to part with him in a Lowry trade).

I think the bigger question is WHO ELSE will go? Will we see a package trade of KCP/Kuzma for one better player while retaining Schroder and THT? That will be the most interesting question going into the offseason.

No one offered anything for Lowry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 21966
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
KCP was our starting PG in last year’s championship run and he has been our starting guard this season. Despite his inconsistencies, he is smart and experienced and make sound decisions and no mistakes on the court. He is a keeper.

Kuz plays much better this season. He is a good rebounder, decent shooter and has improved defense and finishing skills. His size, young legs are much needed against tall guard/wing like PG or Kawai alongside aging LBJ. He is a keeper too.

Schroder is good but not a good fit and may be too expensive. Lowry or Rose are true PGs with good range and could be cheaper.

AC is a decent backup PG. He is a good defender and play smartly. His scoring skills and range have been improved this season. Worth to keep.

THT is a decent defender. He has range and can bring the ball to the basket and has good finishing skill. Worth to keep.


KCP has no PG skills. He was in the starting lineup in the championship run, but we all know who the point guard was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 21269

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers are clearly keeping THT (we refused to part with him in a Lowry trade).

I think the bigger question is WHO ELSE will go? Will we see a package trade of KCP/Kuzma for one better player while retaining Schroder and THT? That will be the most interesting question going into the offseason.

No one offered anything for Lowry.


KCP and Schroder were most certainly offered. But they wanted THT with them.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 112270

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Sina wrote:
KCP was our starting PG in last year’s championship run and he has been our starting guard this season. Despite his inconsistencies, he is smart and experienced and make sound decisions and no mistakes on the court. He is a keeper.

Kuz plays much better this season. He is a good rebounder, decent shooter and has improved defense and finishing skills. His size, young legs are much needed against tall guard/wing like PG or Kawai alongside aging LBJ. He is a keeper too.

Schroder is good but not a good fit and may be too expensive. Lowry or Rose are true PGs with good range and could be cheaper.

AC is a decent backup PG. He is a good defender and play smartly. His scoring skills and range have been improved this season. Worth to keep.

THT is a decent defender. He has range and can bring the ball to the basket and has good finishing skill. Worth to keep.


KCP has no PG skills. He was in the starting lineup in the championship run, but we all know who the point guard was.


I've never heard anyone referring to KCP as our starting "PG" before. That's a first.
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers are clearly keeping THT (we refused to part with him in a Lowry trade).

I think the bigger question is WHO ELSE will go? Will we see a package trade of KCP/Kuzma for one better player while retaining Schroder and THT? That will be the most interesting question going into the offseason.

No one offered anything for Lowry.


KCP and Schroder were most certainly offered. But they wanted THT with them.

That’s the point. If kcp and Schroeder...no disrespect...are the best offer from the league IMO no one was offered.

Plus we don’t know if we even offered that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 2090
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Definitely not playoff ready. He is future of the Lakers for sure but at this moment he should be out of rotation. Give McLemore his minutes. He can be more productive.
_________________
MY LAKERS HYPE VIDEO FOR NEW SEASON 2019-2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHCvesImQdQ&t=167s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 2340

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

I can see THT play like how Payne was playing in game 2 but our winning formula is let AD + LBJ do the work and everyone else just play within their role whereas Suns needed someone to step up to replace Paul's role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 112270

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

Love THT's upside but this series shows why he's got a long ways to go before being a starter (and why it's important we hang on to guys like Dennis if we can).

He needs to make 1000 3s a day in the summer. They are completely playing off of him and packing the lane. Right now, it might be better to play Wes/BMac instead to be a 3 point shooting threat.

His time will come, but I've said he's at least 2 seasons away from being a full starter level player.
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 19276
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Love THT's upside but this series shows why he's got a long ways to go before being a starter (and why it's important we hang on to guys like Dennis if we can).

He needs to make 1000 3s a day in the summer. They are completely playing off of him and packing the lane. Right now, it might be better to play Wes/BMac instead to be a 3 point shooting threat.

His time will come, but I've said he's at least 2 seasons away from being a full starter level player.


I agree. And 2 seasons from now he'll still be 22 years old
That's how young he is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 2335

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Right now, it's more useful to play McLemore

That's not a slight against young THT though, he has a way higher ceiling right now. He just needs to work on his weaknesses not just over this summer, but also the next couple of years

I absolutely believe he can become a good starter in this league. He's still young though, the Lakers organisation needs to have patience (which I believe they will have)
_________________
We did it for Kobe Bean!!!! #17

PG: Schroder - Caruso
SG: KCP - Matthews - THT
SF: LeBron - Kuzma - McLemore - McKinnie
PF: Davis - Morris - Dudley
C: Drummond - Gasol - Harrell

#18 next...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9226

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

i don't think he should get any big minutes except for blowouts. he is not ready, and they will just leave him open for 3 every time he wants to drive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 112270

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Love THT's upside but this series shows why he's got a long ways to go before being a starter (and why it's important we hang on to guys like Dennis if we can).

He needs to make 1000 3s a day in the summer. They are completely playing off of him and packing the lane. Right now, it might be better to play Wes/BMac instead to be a 3 point shooting threat.

His time will come, but I've said he's at least 2 seasons away from being a full starter level player.


I agree. And 2 seasons from now he'll still be 22 years old
That's how young he is.


Absolutely. And look at how much of a jump guys like BI/Jules made once they got older.

I think it's good for him to see why he needs a functioning 3 point shot (at least get to 33-34% by next year) and understanding of team defense.

But he has some really good instincts and of course interesting clay with his wingspan.
_________________
Never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

He missed two 3s in 6 minutes. Kuz was way worse. THT will bounce back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ScHoolBoy B
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 777

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
He missed two 3s in 6 minutes. Kuz was way worse. THT will bounce back.


Seriously...Seems like to some fans THT plays 40+ minutes a game as a starter...lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
He missed two 3s in 6 minutes. Kuz was way worse. THT will bounce back.


He also missed defensive assignments and rotations. He got no play in the play in game or either playoff game in the second half because he is a chicken with no head on defense.

Kuz isn’t blowing defensive assignment, neither is KCP, or Caruso. They contest, deflect, rotate, and don’t force anything
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ScHoolBoy B
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 777

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
He missed two 3s in 6 minutes. Kuz was way worse. THT will bounce back.


He also missed defensive assignments and rotations. He got no play in the play in game or either playoff game in the second half because he is a chicken with no head on defense.

Kuz isn’t blowing defensive assignment, neither is KCP, or Caruso. They contest, deflect, rotate, and don’t force anything


THT played the exact same minutes he did this previous game as the play in and he played 7 minutes in the PHNX loss. He averages 6.3 minutes per game in the playoffs (including the play in tournament). What exactly do you want him to do in 6.3 minutes? Out of the 3 playoff games so far, he's been a positive in 2 games out of the 3. Seems like you just have a personal hate for THT.

Schroder PER 13.84
THT PER 12.99 This kid is 20 years old...
Kuzma PER 12.80
Caruso PER 11.13
KCP PER 10.74
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 802

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject:

Do you think if AD is out the next game(s), there are more chances for THT to play?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject:

Koalita wrote:
Do you think if AD is out the next game(s), there are more chances for THT to play?


THT is good, but not great. His basketball IQ needs improvement. He drives into defenses hoping to create, but everyone has watched the tape on him and knows he will try to drive to the left for the opposite side of the rim layup. His kick out passes when he drives are too erratic. If anything, he would be more valuable as a perimeter defender at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1545

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Vogel needs to utilize THT. Matthews experience means nothing if he can’t produce like in Game 4. Give THT a short leash and see what he can do off the bench.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next
Page 126 of 129
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB