TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 1763

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
THT has to work on and improve several aspects of his offensive game but I think where he can really make a difference is on DEFENSE.
That is where his true potential upside lies.
IMO THT has the physical tools to be a good defender if he puts more effort, focus and energy into that facet of his game.
He has shown flashes of his defensive prowess but has been inconsistent so far.
I hoped Coach Vogel could unlock some of his defensive potential but the results have been mixed at best.

THT has work to do but IMO he could become a solid contributor on both ends of the floor if he continues to develop his skill-set and understanding of the game.


Nice post. The 2 hopes I had for THT this season were defense & shooting. He didn't fully deliver on either, hopefully next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2557

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

THT, MVP of garbage games...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9214
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
He was a ball hog and never passed the ball the whole game, this the reason he got 40 points.


Three assists beg to differ... As do numerous other potential assists. He also had some nice moment defensively, and 4 steals.

THT is just a pup. A second round pick with promise. Tonight he had similar elements to those he had in the preseason last year. He had the ball in his hands and the floor spread. So yeah it's a good sign that he responded with a big night.

Where else were the Lakers going to get their points tonight with no Lebron, AD, Russ, or Melo? It was primarily on THT and Monk. They both played well.


Not trying to argue. You’re a fan, I’m not.
If he stays, he needs to work on his game.
Use both hands, versus one.
Practice the 3 ball.
And, last but not least, improve his basketball IQ. Sometimes he’s a dumbass out there.

For the record, it has nothing to do with Caruso. I just think the Lakers FO were overhyping THT and he got paid.

I am just not a fan. Maybe he will get better and it will change my mind.


It’s one thing not to be a fan.

But calling him a clown, horrible, and trash with every other post is borderline psycho hater lol.

Everyone knew he would look bad next to Russ. Is he a perfect player? No. But without Russ he showed he can be an effective player with more on ball opportunities which is his game.

Having him stand in the corner isn’t playing to his strengths.

He might not be a good fit for our team but he isn’t a clown or trash like you say with every other post.


Ok, relax. We all complain about players here.
Have you ever read the in game posts from other people?
Don’t single me out.
I post as I see things, like everyone else.
I have called other players trash, clowns, sucky, worthless, etc., not just THT.
Just saying, he has one good game, let’s not anoint him just yet.
I watched every single game this year, and THT, like others, has basically underachieved and been trash this year.
That’s all I was saying…
One meaningless game doesn’t change my opinion…
But, like everyone here, I am entitled to like or hate any player I want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1072

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Vogel Kuzma'ed him


Playing him at PF and SF when his clear advantage is getting to the rim off the dribble against smaller guards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 21642

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

Didn't watch the game yesterday, but will check out the highlights. When I saw the 40, I didn't know whether to be happy for him, or disappointed that we didn't see any of this during the regular season, when it could've meant something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2016
Posts: 1332

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
I find it funny that so many haters don’t like THT.

Be patient, he will be a star.


Just remember when you see the fans bashing a 21 year old, calling the 40 point game meaningless, taking credit away and doing whatever they can to rain all over it....


Just remember how they'd have reacted if the 28 year old Alex Caruso or 26 year old Kyle Kuzma had done it.


Bro you cant take this moral high ground when you've done the same thing with Kuz/Caruso. You downplayed their importance every chance you got.

Even after Kuz was gone you posted every bad game he had in the general basketball thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 3144

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

the curse of westbrook stunting his growth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 22589

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
THT has to work on and improve several aspects of his offensive game but I think where he can really make a difference is on DEFENSE.
That is where his true potential upside lies.
IMO THT has the physical tools to be a good defender if he puts more effort, focus and energy into that facet of his game.
He has shown flashes of his defensive prowess but has been inconsistent so far.
I hoped Coach Vogel could unlock some of his defensive potential but the results have been mixed at best.

THT has work to do but IMO he could become a solid contributor on both ends of the floor if he continues to develop his skill-set and understanding of the game.


Him adding a three point shot and a consistent shot from mid off something other than a step back will be beneficial.

The rest will happen as he grows more into his size and his strength increases through hard work and his body changing. He hasn't even gotten his "man strength" yet.

That said, A perfect role for THT as he develops would be one where he gets a solid amount of touches with the starters. He is capable, and with an off-season of work he can become more consistent, that is up to him though.

But if his jumper continues to develop, the strength and other stuff will come. Not as soon as some Lakers fans want it to, but it definitely will. He shows the flashes of potential that he has when in the right situation and scenario and the reality is we may have just 1 more year of LeBron. If they think THT is going to be any kind of star, they need to invest in that.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 33634

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
I find it funny that so many haters don’t like THT.

Be patient, he will be a star.


After three seasons, there is no evidence that THT will grow into a legitimate NBA starter, let alone a star. It could happen, of course, but pretty soon he'll be reaching the point where we'll have to judge him based solely on production, not potential.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 22589

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
I find it funny that so many haters don’t like THT.

Be patient, he will be a star.


After three seasons, there is no evidence that THT will grow into a legitimate NBA starter, let alone a star. .


Pretty much what everyone said about Randle, Russell and Ingram.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9214
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
I find it funny that so many haters don’t like THT.

Be patient, he will be a star.


After three seasons, there is no evidence that THT will grow into a legitimate NBA starter, let alone a star. .


Pretty much what everyone said about Randle, Russell and Ingram.


THT, a star? Lol. Well, not yet.
He has a lot of work to do on his game.
Learn to use the second hand he was born with.
Learn to build a jump shot and 3pt shot, not just layups.
And improve his decision making. He often hesitates when the ball goes to him. He's got to improve that low Bball IQ he has.

Don't think anyone can dispute these things he needs to work on.
Dude has a 40 point game, in a meaningless game with no starters playing and now he's a "star"
Wow.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 2629

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping for a strong finish of 30 ppg +

Need to increase that trade value
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 2195

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Don’t pass the ball once tht, go for 50

Last edited by Dennis100mtrash on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 2514
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
I'm hoping for a strong finish of 30 ppg +

Need to increase that trade value


Does not fit the LBJ timeline. Hopefully they will be able to move him.
_________________
"OH NO! WE SUCK AGAIN!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1891

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

whoa, just found out he scored 40 the other night, lol. how much did his trade value go up?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1029

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Total Hot Trash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14235

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

TRADE HIM THIS summer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14235

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
I find it funny that so many haters don’t like THT.

Be patient, he will be a star.


After three seasons, there is no evidence that THT will grow into a legitimate NBA starter, let alone a star. .


Pretty much what everyone said about Randle, Russell and Ingram.

i think 90% of the people here said BI was going to be a star, Randle and Russell to a lesser degree, but they have been starting their entire career before they even left the lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3539

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he works on his game this summer.

Excited for Austin and THT next year if not traded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14235

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hopefully he works on his game this summer.

Excited for Austin and THT next year if not traded

same thing was said for THT every summer since he came, and after he got that big contract, he regressed this season. even worse 3 point shooting and FG%. he is like a mini westbrook no without passing and rebounding, so he is a bad fit next to Lebron and AD. i'd invest in Monk and AR and trade THT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3539

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hopefully he works on his game this summer.

Excited for Austin and THT next year if not traded

same thing was said for THT every summer since he came, and after he got that big contract, he regressed this season. even worse 3 point shooting and FG%. he is like a mini westbrook no without passing and rebounding, so he is a bad fit next to Lebron and AD. i'd invest in Monk and AR and trade THT


Yes I know you don’t like him as a player lol.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 14235

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hopefully he works on his game this summer.

Excited for Austin and THT next year if not traded

same thing was said for THT every summer since he came, and after he got that big contract, he regressed this season. even worse 3 point shooting and FG%. he is like a mini westbrook no without passing and rebounding, so he is a bad fit next to Lebron and AD. i'd invest in Monk and AR and trade THT


Yes I know you don’t like him as a player lol.

Thanks for your thoughts!

i liked him a lot before this season, and excited like you, but this season really changes my opinion. a young player regress this much after his first big contract is never a good sign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3539

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Hopefully he works on his game this summer.

Excited for Austin and THT next year if not traded

same thing was said for THT every summer since he came, and after he got that big contract, he regressed this season. even worse 3 point shooting and FG%. he is like a mini westbrook no without passing and rebounding, so he is a bad fit next to Lebron and AD. i'd invest in Monk and AR and trade THT


Yes I know you don’t like him as a player lol.

Thanks for your thoughts!

i liked him a lot before this season, and excited like you, but this season really changes my opinion. a young player regress this much after his first big contract is never a good sign.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope we can trade him. I dont see him becoming elite
_________________
17 99 19 22 44 13 25 52 33
32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3 Mic.

48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 1763

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:34 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I hope we can trade him. I dont see him becoming elite


Well this off-season is definitely key (3-shooting and/or mid-range) regardless of whether the Lakers choose to keep him or trade him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 191 of 194
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB