Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

undefeatedAJ wrote:
1/8 from 3 against a bunch of 24 hour fitness managers? That’s encouraging

Lebron was 2 for 13 lmao
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

Lebron was 2 for 13 lmao

Yeah not a big deal yet.
If he's like that in preseason, then it's time to worry haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

Lebron was 2 for 13 lmao

Yeah not a big deal yet.
If he's like that in preseason, then it's time to worry haha

Lol yeah.

THT went 1/8 from 3 and 4/5 from 2s. His stats basically depend on him being able to shoot.

But anyways he probably gets moved if we don’t move Russ. So might not be our problem much longer
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

Lebron was 2 for 13 lmao

Yeah I know it's just a Drew League game, but Lebron also had a lot of shooting nights like that last season.

I don't consider Lebron a great shooter. He's a capable one, and he has range, and he can get hot and going. But naturally you want Lebron driving and kicking, you want him in the paint and mid-range area and to create high percentage shots for himself or find open teammates. At his best, that is what Lebron has always been. He won his first title in Miami without really using the 3 point shot a lot. As he's gotten older he's become more 3 point reliant.

THT one of the reasons he doesn't fit, he needs the ball, and doesn't play off Lebron that well. So his lack of quality 3 point shooting, gets exposed much more with Lebron. As does Westbrook's for that matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject:

It’s the same story with THT that it was with Randle, Lonzo, and BI. If THT had made 4/8 3s he would have had 23 and 6 and everyone would be hyped. The long ball takes time. Sucks he’s not there yet and we so depend on him to be. Hoping this focuses his workouts the next 3 months to improve his 3 point percentage .
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
It’s the same story with THT that it was with Randle, Lonzo, and BI. If THT had made 4/8 3s he would have had 23 and 6 and everyone would be hyped. The long ball takes time. Sucks he’s not there yet and we so depend on him to be. Hoping this focuses his workouts the next 3 months to improve his 3 point percentage .

If you took virtually any player and magically gave them four for eight from three point land they would have a great game, so that's not exactly a compelling point.

I don't know about the presumption that every NBA player takes a while to develop a good three-point shot or that every NBA player will inevitably develop a good three-point shot.

Ingram, for example, shot 39% from three point land in his second season. No one can say if THT will ever improve as a three-point shooter. All we know now is he is an extremely bad 3-point shooter
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
undefeatedAJ wrote:

Lebron was 2 for 13 lmao

Yeah I know it's just a Drew League game, but Lebron also had a lot of shooting nights like that last season.

I don't consider Lebron a great shooter. He's a capable one, and he has range, and he can get hot and going. But naturally you want Lebron driving and kicking, you want him in the paint and mid-range area and to create high percentage shots for himself or find open teammates. At his best, that is what Lebron has always been. He won his first title in Miami without really using the 3 point shot a lot. As he's gotten older he's become more 3 point reliant.

THT one of the reasons he doesn't fit, he needs the ball, and doesn't play off Lebron that well. So his lack of quality 3 point shooting, gets exposed much more with Lebron. As does Westbrook's for that matter.

I honestly think James’ days of being an elite “drive and kick” player are over.

He might be better served to pick and choose his times, but to be more effective he can play off ball more as others attack and kick.

James spending more time as a spot up 3pt shooter, cutting to the basket and more of the move the ball in a hockey assist manner may prolong his career.

It may be time to acknowledge James is not the same old James.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Still can't believe out of all the young talent the Lakers shipped out he was the one that was deemed untouchable.

Another example of how clueless this front office currently is.

They have absolutely no idea what they're doing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Still can't believe out of all the young talent the Lakers shipped out he was the one that was deemed untouchable.

Was he untouchable or was he just the most recently acquired? Facts say that later.

However, the fact that they paid him what they did was clear a Klutch thing.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject:

What has been longer: Kuzma on the trade block or THT?
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I hope THT gets his shot with Indy. He can take a ton of possessions on a crappy team and get better much sooner with way less at stake.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:36 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

Was he untouchable or was he just the most recently acquired? Facts say that later.

Yeah, I don't buy he was remotely untouchable at any time.. That's just random speculation with zero backing. He's been in endless trade rumors.

I get we need top performing players now especially since he got a bigger contract but once again you got to look at his age.. At his age Caruso was still bouncing all throughout the G League begging for a roster spot and didn't get one until he was two years older then THT is now. He's still polishing his game and not a finished product whatsoever. I'm all for trading him in the right package for sure but he's far from trash or a lost cause like I see many here acting like.

I do agree though that if Russ is still on the roster it will just keep hindering the bit of potential he still has.. We saw him look great at times at the end of the Season when Russ was sitting and much of that imo is that he was able to get some confidence early in those games by getting to the basket and once his confidence gets going his outside shot gets substantially better.. I highly doubt he'll ever be an elite catch and shoot 3 point shooter that can just come in and drill those shots consistently.. That's just not his style at all. Having him stand around the perimeter and take the majority of his shots from there is going to strip his chance of catching any kind of rhythm in most games.

His play is just yet another reason out of 1,000,001 that we need Russ tf off this roster sooner rather then later.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:03 am    Post subject:

Still very young, I feel he was use by Frank improperly last year. He should not be a facilitator, he is better suited as an attacker after we swing the ball around. This offense of Coach Ham should unlock his potential in offense more, but defensively as guard is what I am more interested in for THT coming to his 4th season.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

It's funny how adults in positions of organizational power have no agency and only do things because "Lebron told them to."

As far as I am aware, neither Rob, nor Jeanie have financial stakes in Klutch. So if they are making moves that benefit Klutch over the Lakers, aren't they committing management malfeasance?

So given they are do not financially gain from padding Rich Paul's bottom line, how about we just accept they're just terrible at what they do? Jeanie signs the checks, so at the end of the day Klutch isn't responsible for her compounding bad decisions. Jeanie et al. have apparently collectively discovered they can tell Lebron "no" with a Kyrie trade, therefore this has always been possible, therefore every bad choice the Lakers have made rests on the people in charge.

The "Klutch made me do it" excuses are just so tiresome at this point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:49 am    Post subject:

"Klutch made me win a 2020 championship."

"Klutch made me trade for AD."

"Klutch made me sign LBJ."

"Klutch made me extend THT."

"Klutch made me trade for Russ."

Feckless argument and look for the Lakers if that's their excuse.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject:

Are some denying the influence that James / Klutch have on the Lakers?

Most marquee players have some. James has made a career of using it on every stop. It is at it’s pinnacle with the Lakers.

Let’s not try to ignore the influence he has on decision making on the past few years. Whether subtly or not, the Lakers make these decisions to make their Superstar happy.

Just review some of the recent opinions on the Irving negotiations. Lakers are now considered incompetent by many posters because they reportedly won’t include every FRP they have. Even though most agree it is an overpay.

Let’s be honest, imagine the response if the Lakers would have said “no” to the Westbrook trade last year. Most commented it was a bad fit, but media and fans alike would have roasted the FO if they had not given James what he wanted.

It’s the price you you pay for a marquee savior. I’m also a Broncos fan. Watching Wilson arrive is looking similar. A very expensive prima donna that requires a lot of coddling but hopefully brings some wins. James did.

The rest of it, including deferring to James/Klutch is just the price you pay for the privilege. A professional version of the old saying “ happy wife, happy life”. Because if James is not happy he would make it miserable. Kind of like now.

As for THT, I am interested to see if another year of refining his game has helped. IMO he played out of control way too often. He showed signs of defensive ability and some basket attacking drives. Can he learn to finish and pass out of it more consistently? We will find out. Hopefully as a Laker. But Westbrook hinders his growth. A solution has to be found.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Most marquee players have some. James has made a career of using it on every stop. It is at it’s pinnacle with the Lakers.

Let’s not try to ignore the influence he has on decision making on the past few years. Whether subtly or not, the Lakers make these decisions to make their Superstar happy.

Just review some of the recent opinions on the Irving negotiations. Lakers are now considered incompetent by many posters because they reportedly won’t include every FRP they have. Even though most agree it is an overpay.

Let’s be honest, imagine the response if the Lakers would have said “no” to the Westbrook trade last year. Most commented it was a bad fit, but media and fans alike would have roasted the FO if they had not given James what he wanted.

It’s the price you you pay for a marquee savior. I’m also a Broncos fan. Watching Wilson arrive is looking similar. A very expensive prima donna that requires a lot of coddling but hopefully brings some wins. James did.

The rest of it, including deferring to James/Klutch is just the price you pay for the privilege. A professional version of the old saying “ happy wife, happy life”. Because if James is not happy he would make it miserable. Kind of like now.

As for THT, I am interested to see if another year of refining his game has helped. IMO he played out of control way too often. He showed signs of defensive ability and some basket attacking drives. Can he learn to finish and pass out of it more consistently? We will find out. Hopefully as a Laker. But Westbrook hinders his growth. A solution has to be found.

So if you opened the door to let the devil in, what does that make you?

I still think that LBJ/Klutch saved Jeanie/Rob's butt, not the other way around.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

So if you opened the door to let the devil in, what does that make you?

I still think that LBJ/Klutch saved Jeanie/Rob's butt, not the other way around.

You have a valid point. I am not arguing with you except to state it has been a symbiotic relationship. Both have benefitted significantly.

My ongoing point is for how long must the price be payed before they are able to move on?

The player empowerment aspect is not just a James / Klutch / Lakers issue. It is throughout most sports. The marquee greats have the influence to “ make me happy” or I will hold out, request a trade, or make damning statements on social media. The list is long that have done any combination of the above.

Can you agree that James /Klutch has and uses their influence as much or more as any superstar?

Including getting THT a significant contract that is arguably not matched by his development or consistent production?

I like THT. I am intrigued by his “potential” and hopefully he grows into his contract. But he does not get that contract without the influence of Big Brother Lebron.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject:

THT was raw as f***. Give him the reps and he gonna be good…
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:04 am    Post subject:

Talen developing moves to get to the free throw line? It's hard to believe he's only 21 years old.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Talen developing moves to get to the free throw line? It's hard to believe he's only 21 years old.

Remove non spacers like Russ/DeAndre Jordan. 1/2 complete.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

He has shown little to no improvement. Sometimes second rounders are really second rounders.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

He has shown little to no improvement. Sometimes second rounders are really second rounders.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, thumb surgery on his shooting hand last season hinder the development but after a healthy summer, no excuse
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, thumb surgery on his shooting hand last season hinder the development but after a healthy summer, no excuse

He isn’t a guy you give up on yet but he also isn’t a guy you give $10 mil to. His contract alone could be the barrier between signing a max next offseason or not.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

He isn’t a guy you give up on yet but he also isn’t a guy you give $10 mil to. His contract alone could be the barrier between signing a max next offseason or not.

yeah, hope he outplays his contract
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 197 of 202
Jump to: