Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 200, 201, 202  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 22859

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 116717

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.


But go back in time.

Kobe had to beat out a stud in Eddie Jones. He did.
Then he had to find his place amongst Shaq.

Lakers tend to do a sink/swim approach (talking about 90s and beyond) with their rookies. I think maybe Bynum was the best one where they drafted him and he made a few all star teams. But even Kobe wanted him shipped out too.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 22859

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.


But go back in time.

Kobe had to beat out a stud in Eddie Jones. He did.
Then he had to find his place amongst Shaq.

Lakers tend to do a sink/swim approach (talking about 90s and beyond) with their rookies. I think maybe Bynum was the best one where they drafted him and he made a few all star teams. But even Kobe wanted him shipped out too.


If not for Jerry West both Del Harris and Phil Jackson would have traded Kobe early in his career. So yeah. Having a GM to tell these people NO and committing to development is important too.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22252

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.


But go back in time.

Kobe had to beat out a stud in Eddie Jones. He did.
Then he had to find his place amongst Shaq.

Lakers tend to do a sink/swim approach (talking about 90s and beyond) with their rookies. I think maybe Bynum was the best one where they drafted him and he made a few all star teams. But even Kobe wanted him shipped out too.


If not for Jerry West both Del Harris and Phil Jackson would have traded Kobe early in his career. So yeah. Having a GM to tell these people NO and committing to development is important too.


Also if it weren’t for ownership, Jerry West would have been able to trade Eddie Jones for Tracy McGrady as well that next year.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zgly9vnC2gY

Big 3 of Kobe, McGrady and Shaq from 2000 on would have landed us 5 straight titles at least. Besides Jerry West, it feels like we never had a true front office that looked at the bigger picture. Mitch’s job was saved when Jerry let them have Pau Gasol just like McHale let the Celtics have Garnett.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 3053
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.

Perhaps but the THT experience shows no evidence of that.
_________________
Kyrie in 23
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 116717

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Bear in mind, Caruso came to the Lakers as a raw G-league level player. The team worked with him and he started a closeout Game 6 in the Finals.

Maybe they struggle with the top draft pick and the insane expectations put on them at such an early age. Lots of truly bottom feeding teams allow them to grow over half a decade while the Lakers and their fanbase are less patient about immediate results. The Lakers are not a crucible that every player young or old can withstand. Just ask Russ.
_________________
Make the Lakers Great Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 3813
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bear in mind, Caruso came to the Lakers as a raw G-league level player. The team worked with him and he started a closeout Game 6 in the Finals.

Maybe they struggle with the top draft pick and the insane expectations put on them at such an early age. Lots of truly bottom feeding teams allow them to grow over half a decade while the Lakers and their fanbase are less patient about immediate results. The Lakers are not a crucible that every player young or old can withstand. Just ask Russ.


That raw version of Caruso in 2017 was already 23 as well so not really all that comparable to 18-19 year old draft picks. Just again shows how young THT was/is.. He still has two more years until he's even at the same age as the g-league Caruso was yet alone a few years later when he really took the huge leap into becoming a great role player.

It really is sink or swim here though. It's kind of silly to wait this long to trade THT for such a mediocre at best return imo but it is what it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 15962

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.


But go back in time.

Kobe had to beat out a stud in Eddie Jones. He did.
Then he had to find his place amongst Shaq.

Lakers tend to do a sink/swim approach (talking about 90s and beyond) with their rookies. I think maybe Bynum was the best one where they drafted him and he made a few all star teams. But even Kobe wanted him shipped out too.


If not for Jerry West both Del Harris and Phil Jackson would have traded Kobe early in his career. So yeah. Having a GM to tell these people NO and committing to development is important too.


Also if it weren’t for ownership, Jerry West would have been able to trade Eddie Jones for Tracy McGrady as well that next year.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zgly9vnC2gY

Big 3 of Kobe, McGrady and Shaq from 2000 on would have landed us 5 straight titles at least. Besides Jerry West, it feels like we never had a true front office that looked at the bigger picture. Mitch’s job was saved when Jerry let them have Pau Gasol just like McHale let the Celtics have Garnett.


Jerry West wasn't with Memphis when the Gasol trade happened.

Kobe met Pau in Barcelona that summer and they started working on it.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 12033
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=talen+horton-tucker+career+high
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2832

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

https://lakersdaily.com/report-talen-horton-tucker-was-kind-of-on-an-island-with-lakers-and-didnt-have-many-friends/amp/

Most of his time in LA he was to young to go to the clubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 33830
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
We have to accept the idea that the Lakers are poor at developing young players.


That’s been accepted for awhile now. Only young players with limiting roles would succeed here.


Only because LeBron is here tbh.


But go back in time.

Kobe had to beat out a stud in Eddie Jones. He did.
Then he had to find his place amongst Shaq.

Lakers tend to do a sink/swim approach (talking about 90s and beyond) with their rookies. I think maybe Bynum was the best one where they drafted him and he made a few all star teams. But even Kobe wanted him shipped out too.


Bynum only made one all star game.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 12033
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://lakersdaily.com/report-talen-horton-tucker-was-kind-of-on-an-island-with-lakers-and-didnt-have-many-friends/amp/

Most of his time in LA he was to young to go to the clubs.


Back when he had Wesley Matthews as his benchmate he had more MOJO..
He even looked a bit lonely without him
Reminded me a lot of Devean George.. Good Kid who you really feed bad to hate on

Wish him all the best out there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 41866

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Reminded me a lot of Devean George.. Good Kid who you really feed bad to hate on


Weird comparison

Gump could not dribble a basketball and ankles broke defending crossovers - Tony Parker got him in the playoffs, Tracy McGrady got him for a game winner off the top of my head. Gump had no talent. Wing defender that could not defend on-ball (see above). I think the only time Gump felt superior was watching Caron Butler try to dribble a basketball. Gump had better handles than Caron.

Talen actually had talent (pun?). He developed into a decent playmaker.

The guy who I felt bad for is Caron. He was traded because he was a bad triangle fit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Aug 2005
Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject:

No hate for THT. He is a ball dominant guard that is not comfortable as a spot up shooter. His role was reduced to nothing with the arrival of Russ as he too was a ball dominant guard that was not a good spot up shooter. That role belongs to Lebron, who actually is OK as a spot up shooter. Front office clearly doesn't understand fit very well. THT had a great game late in the season when Lebron sat (and maybe Russ cannot remember). He is most like Harden but doesn't have the 3pt shot that Harden had. If he did, his first three years would start to resemble Harden's first three.

I wish him the best. He has talent but that talent doesn't fit with the roster. Sad the FO didn't get that when they let Alex go and kept THT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2832

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/AndrewDBailey/status/1562653483311894528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1562653483311894528%7Ctwgr%5Ed6269344875ba783dd289980856e38ce4c99b0e8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-37958984362384755237.ampproject.net%2F2208121708000%2Fframe.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10676

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Good Luck THT. Hope you go off for 40 on us.

Good luck to Stanley Johnson too. Hope you deflect a game tying shot attempt by Lebron to teach us a lessen for letting a 16 win team hang in their whole game.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 20652

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

This move will be good for THT. He gets away from Lebron ball and can be more on ball in Utah with Mitchell on his way out.
_________________
Rule #1 for Beginner GM: Do not trade FRPs for role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 3768

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

The latest LFR podcast was pretty good and glad Pete, Darius, and Trudell spoke about the same things that the few THT fans here have been saying all along.

-his role and fit on the team was the biggest detriment to his success. Having Russ last year made it very hard for him to showcase his true talents

-he is an on ball player and needs reps on the ball. His ideal role would be Russ’s role, but lakers are not in a position to give him reps and let him develop into that

- his lack of three point shot made it hard to use him as a role player.

-they made comparisons to Kuz, but in Kuz’s case he could still rebound, defend, and shoot to make him a serviceable role player

-THT may be the next laker young guy that pops off after moving onto a new team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2832

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-badly-mismanaged-talen-horton-tucker-s-situation/ar-AA11kEoN?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=21c61ce97426474c8fb6f783c58bbbc9
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22252

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-badly-mismanaged-talen-horton-tucker-s-situation/ar-AA11kEoN?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=21c61ce97426474c8fb6f783c58bbbc9


Now with Mitchell out of the way, THT can takeover in Utah.

I predict at least 18ppg, 5apg, 5rpg.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 3827

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-badly-mismanaged-talen-horton-tucker-s-situation/ar-AA11kEoN?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=21c61ce97426474c8fb6f783c58bbbc9


Now with Mitchell out of the way, THT can takeover in Utah.

I predict at least 18ppg, 5apg, 5rpg.


Sexton/Clarkson says NO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2832

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-badly-mismanaged-talen-horton-tucker-s-situation/ar-AA11kEoN?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=21c61ce97426474c8fb6f783c58bbbc9


Now with Mitchell out of the way, THT can takeover in Utah.

I predict at least 18ppg, 5apg, 5rpg.


Sexton/Clarkson says NO


THT gonna have to earn it. Clarkson likely traded, but Sexton is Russ lite….
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 2832

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/KQh39-agDtg

Keep grindin….
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 6022
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:32 am    Post subject:

He might like the ability to acquire a few more wives, then he would have a good excuse for being such a poor shooter, if he has to keep 4 wives happy...
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 582

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject:

Farewell young fella
_________________
White guy to white guy alley oop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 201 of 202
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB