KINGS -at- LAKERS - 2/23 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Great Job like always.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
imho: sasha seems to do a better defensive job on the quick guards such as bibby. unfortunately he draws the fouls. I love how he throws the rhythm off of bibby.

from my observations of late, he does a better job of keeping the offensive player from driving past him, better than smush. sasha's low stance has a look of defense. I love how he keeps his guy in front of him. his mindset is defensive and he's improved on his turnovers.

Great Job DB!

Sasha does seem to provide much more energy on defense than Smuch - especially when Smush doesn't even bother to put up his hands in the shooter's face?!?!?! Good defensive teams like Pistons/Spurs/etc. always run at the shooters with their hands up in the air because you never know what happens - of course, if you don't at least run at the ball/raise your hands - the defender has an uncontested shot.

I hope that the Lakers give Sasha a tape of Artest playing defense because the TV commentators were accurate on how RonRon plays hard-nose without commiting needless fouls by only reaching when he has a chance while constantly moving his feet. Smush is starting to play defense like this which makes him valuable at key points of the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: