ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Worst the Clippers only had to win one game to stay in, and had to lose two to be out. They lost two

The Lakers even have a better play-in record than the Clippers.

The Lakers weren’t good enough to make the play in.

Man. Clippers fans standards are low if you are bragging about almost making the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Worst the Clippers only had to win one game to stay in, and had to lose two to be out. They lost two

Man. Clippers fans standards are low if you are bragging about almost making the playoffs.

You should see the complaints on Twitter about Pels being 6.5 games below the Clippers. Not fair!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
I think the Clippers are going to be the heavy favorites next year with Pandemic and Snake coming back. Next year will the last chance to win it all and Ballmer will do everything to get that ring.

How do you figure? AD is trashed relentlessly for being unavailable on these boards and yet he's played more games since coming to LA than either Kawhi or PG. I don't see either of them making it through the season injury free. Kawhi in particular has to be the most perplexing player for them. He's literally the MOST load managed player in NBA history by a country mile and my man still can't stay healthy or finish out the season. It's wild to me that he's only 30 too. His entire prime thus far has been a combination of street clothes and load management.

Kawaii is going to be well rested after missing more than 82 games, their supporting cast is awesome with lots of young players that play defense and you know Jerry West always find a way to improve the team unlike our FO.

Kawhi has a d-e-g-e-n-e-r-a-t-i-v-e disease. It won't heal with rest or over time. It continues to get worse, which forces his other muscles to overcompensate, causing injuries to other body parts.

Is this real? I have never heard this disease being linked to Kawhi.

It's called "quad tendinopathy", which causes his knees to overcompensate and leads to (bleep) like his ACL tear last year

Dang!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
I think the Clippers are going to be the heavy favorites next year with Pandemic and Snake coming back. Next year will the last chance to win it all and Ballmer will do everything to get that ring.

How do you figure? AD is trashed relentlessly for being unavailable on these boards and yet he's played more games since coming to LA than either Kawhi or PG. I don't see either of them making it through the season injury free. Kawhi in particular has to be the most perplexing player for them. He's literally the MOST load managed player in NBA history by a country mile and my man still can't stay healthy or finish out the season. It's wild to me that he's only 30 too. His entire prime thus far has been a combination of street clothes and load management.

Kawaii is going to be well rested after missing more than 82 games, their supporting cast is awesome with lots of young players that play defense and you know Jerry West always find a way to improve the team unlike our FO.

Kawhi has a d-e-g-e-n-e-r-a-t-i-v-e disease. It won't heal with rest or over time. It continues to get worse, which forces his other muscles to overcompensate, causing injuries to other body parts.

It's called "quad tendinopathy", which causes his knees to overcompensate and leads to (bleep) like his ACL tear last year

Bingo. Knee/ankle/hip issues, etc. are inevitable.

Yup, I see people talking about his "rest" a lot. Dude already has multiple issues that are only getting worse with age and now an ACL tear he's returning from as well. They can probably let him "rest" a ton as usual in the regular season but what happens when it comes to the Playoffs where rest isn't an option and to beat the good teams they will need him playing heavy minutes consistently throughout the entire Playoffs?

Then you have PG who is also beginning to get older now and has a laundry list of injuries. The chances that both of these guys will remain healthy through an entire regular Season (even with in-season "resting") and then in a much more condensed Playoffs is def. not something i'd be counting on. I will say though next Season is very likely the last year there's any kind of real hope of it even having a chance of working.

All this talk about how good there supporting cast plays without them is absolutely irrelevant and worthless if your two Superstars aren't there when it counts (or when they are they have failed epically). You're still not winning a Championship, so who cares in the end?

Congrats on being slightly more mediocre then the team you share a city with that has 17 Championships to there name.. Well done Clips!
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Dang!

It doesn't help that Uncle Dennis is now blaming the clippers for misdiagnosing his knee injury and is upset at the clippers for having the gall to suggest Kawhi return for the playoffs this year.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

You are some piece of work why are you here what does it matter who makes the play in whenever they don’t even make it to the chip you do realize that the Lakers have a chip and the clippers don’t as a matter of fact the Lakers have several they just have one more recently
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:

Dang!

It doesn't help that Uncle Dennis is now blaming the clippers for misdiagnosing his knee injury and is upset at the clippers for having the gall to suggest Kawhi return for the playoffs this year.

that's how he got out of SAS.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lol at your bragging about your team making a play-in and losing twice in it. Sorry your team couldn’t even win a “bubble” ring either.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lol at your bragging about your team making a play-in and losing twice in it. Sorry your team couldn’t even win a “bubble” ring either.

Just ignore the concern troll. He makes this board toxic without adding anything relevant at best, and turning off real lakers fans at worst. Now when I see his post, all I remember is how he was MIA during our last title run, and how nice the energy of this forum wss back then. We should really have an ignore button in this forum. Then at least the mods can see how irrelevant his ideas are, and how harmful he is to this board. Lol
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

ESPN just had a segment today basically saying this current Clippers team is the greatest Clippers team in history, if healthy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ESPN just had a segment today basically saying this current Clippers team is the greatest Clippers team in history, if healthy

That's like saying Bea Arthur was the sexiest of the Golden Girls, or that Alec is the tallest of the Baldwins. Tito was the best of the Jackson 5 not named Michael.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Health isn’t a given for them
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

That's like saying Bea Arthur was the sexiest of the Golden Girls, or that Alec is the tallest of the Baldwins. Tito was the best of the Jackson 5 not named Michael.

Thanks so much for that one!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

IF.. big if.. but IF healthy, Clippers are the best team in the NBA. Depth is insane. They can go big or small. Play fast or slow. Have shooters, defenders, 3&D guys, ball handling, length, and athleticism. All that + a great coach... they're my bet for a title.

Zu, Morris
Covington, Batum
Kawhi, Mann
PG, Norm, Kennard
Reggie, Wall

Crazy lineup. Also, crazy bad health issues.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

I don't think any team is stopping from winning it all this year. Kawaii is well rested, PG13 is coming back with a vengeance and their role players are scary good. It wouldn't surprised me if they win 70 games!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
twisted wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Dang!
that's how he got out of SAS.
Clippers have potential, like most other teams, if healthy

Kwahi - how many games will he play
PG13 - how many games will he play and how many games will they play together
Deep Squad - does that mean that they have their 8th to 10th player able to be in the starting lineup for most other teams that are not contenders being satisfied with not playing an important role with PT
How will Tyronne Lue get this team to go past the second round
If this team doesn't go beyond the second round, which players will be traded
Tupac is an average center with nice hands that hasn't played much at the end of the fourth quarters
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

How sad is that statement
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I don't think any team is stopping from winning it all this year. Kawaii is well rested, PG13 is coming back with a vengeance and their role players are scary good. It wouldn't surprised me if they win 70 games!

I'd certainly be surprised. 70 wins has only been accomplished twice. Twice! We know those teams to be the Jordan/Pippen Bulls and the Steph/Klay/Draymond Warriors.

The Clippers have several players who are (or at least were before injuries) incredibly talented, but so many things have to break right for a team to run off a 70-win season. Kawhi is going to load manage. I cannot see how this team, or any with Kawhi for that matter, can possibly win 70 games with him in/out of the lineup so often. It ruins the kind of cohesion and focus needed for a team to win that many games.

I would gladly take the "under" on Clippers winning 70!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject:

Been listening to this Clippers are the best team in the league "IF" nonsense for 3 years. When was the last time Leonard even played a game?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

Quote:
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers will square off on following dates for 2022-23 NBA season:

Oct. 20 on TNT (Lakers home)
Nov. 9 on ESPN (Clippers home)
Jan. 24 on TNT (Lakers home)
April 5 on ESPN (Clippers home)

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

Quote:
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers will square off on following dates for 2022-23 NBA season:

Oct. 20 on TNT (Lakers home)
Nov. 9 on ESPN (Clippers home)
Jan. 24 on TNT (Lakers home)
April 5 on ESPN (Clippers home)

4 winnable home games, let's go!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

IF.. big if.. but IF healthy, Clippers are the best team in the NBA. Depth is insane. They can go big or small. Play fast or slow. Have shooters, defenders, 3&D guys, ball handling, length, and athleticism. All that + a great coach... they're my bet for a title.

Zu, Morris
Covington, Batum
Kawhi, Mann
PG, Norm, Kennard
Reggie, Wall

I don't know why people are expecting John Wall to be great again. He shot 40.4 percent from the field and 31.7 percent from downtown in his last full season - after returning from a torn ACL.

He was even less efficient overall than Russ.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Zu, Morris
Covington, Batum
Kawhi, Mann
PG, Norm, Kennard
Reggie, Wall

I don't know why people are expecting John Wall to be great again. He shot 40.4 percent from the field and 31.7 percent from downtown in his last full season - after returning from a torn ACL.

He was even less efficient overall than Russ.

Lol 2019 has Wall as a backup and doesn’t mention anything else about him.

Are you replying to his post or just ranting about Wall?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
I'd certainly be surprised. 70 wins has only been accomplished twice. Twice! We know those teams to be the Jordan/Pippen Bulls and the Steph/Klay/Draymond Warriors.

The Clippers have several players who are (or at least were before injuries) incredibly talented, but so many things have to break right for a team to run off a 70-win season. Kawhi is going to load manage. I cannot see how this team, or any with Kawhi for that matter, can possibly win 70 games with him in/out of the lineup so often. It ruins the kind of cohesion and focus needed for a team to win that many games.

I would gladly take the "under" on Clippers winning 70!
ESPN does a great job of hyping the Clippers

Do the Clippers have a lot of talent, yes
Do the Nets have a lot of talent, yes
~ When "healthy" - is Kwahi/PG23 > KD/Kyrie???
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

How much money do you want to bet. I’m game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 401 of 442
Jump to: