ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 309, 310, 311  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3587

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
My opinion, Luka is better than PG. Yes, I said it. Luka has no fear. PG plays scared and takes plays off. Luka doesn't take plays off.


Why do you say it as if to defend it, if it's true? I'd take LD over PG everyday and twice on Sundays. He's that much better! Yeah, I said it...again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 884

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

The Clippers aren't even our biggest problem anymore. They are a tough matchup for us as we struggle with big wings, but if AD is healthy come playoff time I'm confident we can take care of them.

Our biggest problem now is BKN. They have their own question marks but in terms of pure firepower they are the biggest problem by far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2981
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
The Clippers aren't even our biggest problem anymore. They are a tough matchup for us as we struggle with big wings, but if AD is healthy come playoff time I'm confident we can take care of them.

Our biggest problem now is BKN. They have their own question marks but in terms of pure firepower they are the biggest problem by far.


Yeah, I firmly believe as teams are structured today the Clips are still a piece or two away from being able to beat us if we're both at full strength. They're less scary then last year to me and I don't see how they get much better since they have mostly trash assets unless it's PG13 they trade which I def. don't see happening.

Thankfully the Nets are in the Eastern Conference and will likely have some tough matchups along the way and Vogel and his staff will have the opportunity to scout what teams throw at them to help make some quality adjustments which we saw last year how good he is at doing once in the Playoffs.

As far as Luka vs PG13, i'm fairly certain if you ran a poll for GM's or fans Luka would be the massively lopsided winner every time. They're in two different tier's imo (I'm talking career PG13 not just the overly cocky hot streak to start the year version of him).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64479

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:



source: espn

Quote:
LA Clippers All-Star Paul George was fined $35,000 by the NBA for critical comments he made about officiating following Wednesday's loss to the Dallas Mavericks.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 64479

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Toronto choked. They led Utah by 5 points with a little over a minute to play. Terrible loss.
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3889

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Toronto choked. They led Utah by 5 points with a little over a minute to play. Terrible loss.


Toronto just straight up not having fun lately
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 4331
Location: Next door to 24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

Love to see the Hornets lay one on the Zips today. They're capable in there somewhere. It's Melo yellow time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Just the daily dose of Slipper trolling...

Trailing Atlanta 88-68 with 3:51 left in the 3rd...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 2187
Location: Pleasanton, CA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Just the daily dose of Slipper trolling...

Trailing Atlanta 88-68 with 3:51 left in the 3rd...




_________________
“You can't be held captive by the fear of failure or the fear of what people may say.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3889

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Just the daily dose of Slipper trolling...

Trailing Atlanta 88-68 with 3:51 left in the 3rd...




Quote:
Clippers were down 22 points to the Atlanta Hawks when Luke Kennard enters to play his first third quarter minutes in a month. He proceeds to shoot 8-8 FG, 4-4 from the 3, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 blocks, no turnovers to will the Clippers to victory.


-Reddit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Just the daily dose of Slipper trolling...

Trailing Atlanta 88-68 with 3:51 left in the 3rd...




Quote:
Clippers were down 22 points to the Atlanta Hawks when Luke Kennard enters to play his first third quarter minutes in a month. He proceeds to shoot 8-8 FG, 4-4 from the 3, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 blocks, no turnovers to will the Clippers to victory.


-Reddit


Yep, I kind of kept up with it.

Slippers didn't win, but rather Atlanta lost.

In the 3rd, LA put in Mann-Batum-Coffey-Kennard-Patterson and Atlanta played like they could not possibly lose. They allowed Kennard and Mann to rip them apart and all Atlanta was doing was going down and chucking 3's.

If Atlanta played with anything above pure non-caring effort, this wouldn't have happened. But alas, Atlanta shows us the true trash heap they are, despite having Trae, Bogdanovic, Capela, Collins, Rondo, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 1511

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Reggie,Luke, and Batum ....ugh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15800

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3093

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Reggie,Luke, and Batum ....ugh


They had a nice shooting night. We could use one more wing piece for them because I don’t know much we’ll play THT.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 196

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Teams don’t give the same fight vs other teams like they do vs the Lakers. The bucks mailed this game in after the first quarter. Just another game for them, definitely not going all out like they would versus us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2981
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Teams don’t give the same fight vs other teams like they do vs the Lakers. The bucks mailed this game in after the first quarter. Just another game for them, definitely not going all out like they would versus us.


Plus they still had Kawhi who is there main superstar so not really the same as our current team at all. That's like us still having Lebron with AD out which I feel we could still beat them as well if that's the case. Agree completely about them and most other teams not getting up for the Clippers though. That's a very real thing sadly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3093

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Once the Clippers adjusted to the zone, the Bucks never counter adjusted and allowed those guys to get in a rhythm. They didn’t play outstanding defence on the Bucks as the Bucks as a team had a 49% FG. Not hating but Bucks can’t allow them to shoot 56% team from 3. Their Bucks defence lost them the game.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 20165

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Once the Clippers adjusted to the zone, the Bucks never counter adjusted and allowed those guys to get in a rhythm. They didn’t play outstanding defence on the Bucks as the Bucks as a team had a 49% FG. Not hating but Bucks can’t allow them to shoot 56% team from 3. Their Bucks defence lost them the game.



In bold is the reason why the Bucks never get further than they do, each and every year, once the playoffs roll around.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aiel
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 May 2001
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

With Rondo joining the Clips there is a possible 2nd round matchup with Chris Paul and the Suns, that series could get real ugly. Those two really hate each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 839

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Teams don’t give the same fight vs other teams like they do vs the Lakers. The bucks mailed this game in after the first quarter. Just another game for them, definitely not going all out like they would versus us.


why is that? Did Cavs and ORL gave good fight against us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15800

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ahaider wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Once the Clippers adjusted to the zone, the Bucks never counter adjusted and allowed those guys to get in a rhythm. They didn’t play outstanding defence on the Bucks as the Bucks as a team had a 49% FG. Not hating but Bucks can’t allow them to shoot 56% team from 3. Their Bucks defence lost them the game.



In bold is the reason why the Bucks never get further than they do, each and every year, once the playoffs roll around.


I have been saying for year’s Budenholzer is a poor man’s D’Antoni. They have no clue on adjusting...one trick pony systems.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 9822

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

Clippers signing Boogie, because well you know
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14410

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
At the end of the day, they win their fair share of games without their stars. It made sense last season because they had the deeper roster. This season it doesn’t make sense for the Lakers to struggle as much they do without LBJ and AD.

The Clippers beat the Bucks without PG. I don’t think we will even make it competitive on Wednesday and that’s bad because the Clippers don’t have the depth roster advantage on the Lakers. No Ibaka and no Rondo either and they blew out the Bucks.


Teams don’t give the same fight vs other teams like they do vs the Lakers. The bucks mailed this game in after the first quarter. Just another game for them, definitely not going all out like they would versus us.


why is that? Did Cavs and ORL gave good fight against us?


Orlando gave your team, the Clippers, a good fight.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18994
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Clippers signing Boogie, because well you know


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1862

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Clippers signing Boogie, because well you know


He must be desperate and not getting any interest despite all the rumors...

We could have signed him to a 10 day contract?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 309, 310, 311  Next
Page 305 of 311
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB