ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyhandsome
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Clippers are a solid 3 point shooting team, but Utah has the foot speed to at least force challenged shots. Clippers are 100% vulnerable in the key. Utah has enough offense to hang with the Clippers, but I think the play of Rudy Gobert will be the difference maker. Ingles usually gets into the head of Paul George, so if the Jazz can somehow slow down Kawhi, then I say Utah in 5.

Dallas lost to the Clippers because 1) Dallas has poor defense and could not stop Kawhi, 2) Dallas only has Luka to rely on offensively 3) PG and KL played unusually out of their minds.

Dallas stopped the 3pt shooting of the Clippers for most of the series. That is why both PG and Kawhi used the paint to attack. Kawhi still had his mid-range.In fact, it was role reversal for both teams because Mavs looked like the best 3pt shooting team. Luka had Tim Hardaway jr, Finney-Smith, and Kleber shooting lights out for most of the series until Clippers adjusted. Luka wasn't alone. They had the best offense last season so why would that narrative still persist? Clippers played it correctly. Let Luka get his and stop the crazy 3pt shooting. Kleber went cold after they moved Zu out of the starting line-up so Luka had less time to find the open man. Thus allowing the defense to stick close to their men with less clean looks to take the shot.
It was all about adjustments. Once Batum started at center, the 3pt shooting from the other guys fell. Mavs tried to adjust by using Boban and going big. That gimmick didn't really work and that to me, was the real reason why the Clips pulled it out. Game seven was about the supporting cast hitting threes. They went back to being the best 3pt shooting team in the final game. The Utah series will ultimately show us if they're a fluke or not.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
the only bright side, is if the clips do win a title, it was because the shame from last year fueled their fire. maybe that will work out the same for us next year.

There is no bright side to them winning a chip. Go Utah!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
the only bright side, is if the clips do win a title, it was because the shame from last year fueled their fire. maybe that will work out the same for us next year.

we don't have the team to win a ring. we have one dimensional offense and our coach suck at Offense.

You didn't think we'd win last year either. So your opinions don't mean much. You keep telling us how good the Clippers are. Eventually, they just might win one. But just because you say its going to rain every day, and when it eventually does, doesn't make you a good weather man. Go start some more brilliant threads for the mods to lock up. And just give it up already with the "we" stuff. LOL! You are happy the Lakers lost so you can finally be right with all your anti-Laker takes the past 2 years.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Nobody is beating Brooklyn. I'm not worried about the Clippers winning a chip.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

You are a KD injury away...

As long as the Nets are healthy they should be the heavy favorites to win the chip.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Clips gotta go through Jazz, then Nuggs/Suns first. Not exactly an easy road. Honestly, Luka with no help, that shouldn't have gone 7 games for the Clips who are relatively healthy, even without Ibaka.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

As long as the Nets are healthy they should be the heavy favorites to win the chip.

It's amazing that despite Harden's absence, the Bucks are only 1 pt favorites tonight.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

And we were an AD injury away.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Yep an AD injury away from advancing. Don’t know if good enough to win it all though. Not with some of the low bball iq and lack of commitment on this team.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
i'm honestly worried Rondo will be the difference maker for the clippers. he was like our defacto offensive coordinator last year. he's seemingly doing the same for Lue and the clips.

i don't think it was a coincidence Rondo was ripping everyone, including the coach a new A-Hole after the 0-2 start to the series... then things started to turn around.

i sure as heck hope Rajon entertains the idea of being Vogel's right hand man once he hangs 'em up.

He did that on game 3. Pretty much show the angles on how to orchestrate their offense and where Jackson and Morris gonna be in their offensive scheme. He also showed the defensive rotation of defending Luka. He can dissect any team. Lue does have a clue after going 0-2 and Dallas putting a shooting clinic at the start of game 3. Hopefully he can be our assistant coach someday . His bball IQ is on another level and more important guys like Lebron respect him. Just too bad that Lakers prioritize players that never won anything on this league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Yep an AD injury away from advancing. Don’t know if good enough to win it all though. Not with some of the low bball iq and lack of commitment on this team.

With a healthy AD we were tearing every team a new one. We were the best defensive team in the league(by a wide margin) and AD and LeBron could both individually tear up a team's defense and did.

Again, AD being hurt and not having those 33 PPG he was giving us really hurts. If AD is healthy he's hitting that stride sooner and there's nothing Phoenix or any other team in the league bar the Nets maybe, could have done about it. The team had the pieces to repeat. Our problem was our coach's inability to understand offense, and the injuries to our two biggest players. It really isn't more complicated than that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

With a healthy AD we were tearing every team a new one. We were the best defensive team in the league(by a wide margin) and AD and LeBron could both individually tear up a team's defense and did.

Again, AD being hurt and not having those 33 PPG he was giving us really hurts. If AD is healthy he's hitting that stride sooner and there's nothing Phoenix or any other team in the league bar the Nets maybe, could have done about it. The team had the pieces to repeat. Our problem was our coach's inability to understand offense, and the injuries to our two biggest players. It really isn't more complicated than that.

I mean we can play the what if game forever. A lot of fan bases have done that over the years.

What if the Lakers embarrassing shooting continued? Injuries are part of the game so we will never know.

I do agree we had the pieces, but something was just off. Imo it goes beyond the injuries...some of the exit interviews demonstrated locker room issues and just a tough season.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

off topic, but i just thought about this (i'm a little slow at times). is this roger federer guy VLF's new handle?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Conley is questionable for game 1. He's always injured. Remember when he was the highest-paid player in the league for a minute. He signed a 5 year / $152,605,578 contract with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2016.

Last edited by 32 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
off topic, but i just thought about this (i'm a little slow at times). is this roger federer guy VLF's new handle?

I don't think so.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

I would believe so. That dude was the only one who refused to acknowledge our championship run last year and seems to have that Clipper flavor in his cool aid.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Somebody said VLF hasn't made a post since November of last year.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Conley is questionable for game 1. He's always injured. Remember when he was the highest-paid player in the league for a minute. He signed a 5 year / $152,605,578 contract with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2016.

A hurt Conley means Clips are the favorites. Hamstring injuries are risky, so they'll have to be super careful with him. Mitchell will have to play out of this world for them to have a chance.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
32 wrote:

A hurt Conley means Clips are the favorites. Hamstring injuries are risky, so they'll have to be super careful with him. Mitchell will have to play out of this world for them to have a chance.

At least they have Rudy. Mavs only had Luka.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It feels that way, but on paper, it seems like it should be a good match without Harden. Freak, Middleton, and Jrue should give them a good match, but Middleton can be disappointing at times.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It feels that way, but on paper, it seems like it should be a good match without Harden. Freak, Middleton, and Jrue should give them a good match, but Middleton can be disappointing at times.

40 point beatdown tonight without Harden. Bucks are and have always been pretenders. This game is really simple. You need stars, and Giannis doesn't have a legit 2nd star to help him out. He has a bunch of guys that would make great third/fourth options on a championship team, though (Middleton, Holiday, Lopez)

Say what you want about Pandemic P's inconsistent play, but Clippers are closer to being a legit contender than the Bucks because Kawhi actually has a Robin.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Somebody said VLF hasn't made a post since November of last year.

I'm a young member, but even I'm familiar with VLF. Where is Pastor Riley as well?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

If the Clippers get by Utah they will likely have to play three straight series without home court advantage and that includes the finals.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Do the Suns/Nuggets even have a chance to beat the Clippers/Jazz winner? Seems like C/J series is gonna decide the WC champ, imo
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

And Pippers are a KL injury away from being swept...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 342, 343, 344 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 343 of 439
Jump to: