ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 440, 441, 442  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

As much as it kills me, I'll give props to even the clips. That was a hell of a comeback.

Still amazed the Jazz gave up so many open shots and in some cases didn't even make an effort to close out. But the clips players still had to make the shots. 51% 3pt is pretty amazing. Mann for 39 pts, ridiculous!

Suns / clips will be an interesting series. Both playing defense and hitting shots. Should be a hell of a series. Have to go with the Suns. Just can't stand the clips or Balmer celebrating.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

The clippers do better without pressure. Once kawhi went down they can play underdog and guys like George can let loose.

But you have to give them props, our team fell apart with injuries while their team pulled it together on the fly. That def says something.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are the reigning champions and they aren't. The Lakers have 17 championships and they have a 2nd round championship.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Poor game planning by the Jazz in the 2nd half....how do you give up that many points without making adjustments when Clips are raining 3's and you do nothing. They gave them wide open looks and just asked for them to come back from a huge deficit.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Yeah, but if they win a chip this year, it's gonna be exhausting for Lakers fans. Not to mention these punks will actually get the LA parade we didn't. Gah!

Can't the clippers just play at the forum until their arena is ready? Just go!

My only hope is without kawai, the suns should be able to handle them. I guess CP3 deserves a shot at a ring for once in his life.

32 wrote:
The Lakers are the reigning champions and they aren't. The Lakers have 17 championships and they have a 2nd round championship.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

If they win the championship this year I will give them credit. As a fan, I know how hard it is to win a championship. I live in LA so it will be good for the city. The rivalry will be amped up big time. The last two champions playing in the same city.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

Suns still favored in Game 1 despite no CP3.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Suns still favored in Game 1 despite no CP3.

5 points.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

Everything seems to be falling in their favor (except for Kawhi injury):

Round 1: Dysfunctional Dallas with an all-time great single handedly taking them to 7 games.

Round 2: Fraud “1 seed” with an insult of a DPOY to former DPOYs

Round 3: Young team with their floor general out with COVID.

The only thing honestly standing in the way of them getting the chip is a Nets team with at least 2 of the big 3 healthy.

I just don’t want the spastic mf Ballmer getting a chip

Maybe the basketball gods are rewarding him for his commitment while punishing Kawhi for being snake during FA and breaking FA rules
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

You nailed it. More than anything, i don't want Ballmer to get a chip. That dude is the epitome of privileged rich old white guy. Super cocky just for merely being in the right place at the right time his entire life.

Is Jeanie a trust fund baby? Sure, but I get the vibe she knows that and followed her dad's directive that it's players first before anything. They make it happen, not ownership.

I bet Steve thinks he's just as important to the team's success as kawai. Barf.

LakerSD wrote:

Round 1: Dysfunctional Dallas with an all-time great single handedly taking them to 7 games.

The only thing honestly standing in the way of them getting the chip is a Nets team with at least 2 of the big 3 healthy.

Maybe the basketball gods are rewarding him for his commitment while punishing Kawhi for being snake during FA and breaking FA rules
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Who the F is Terrance Mann? Gah!

Looks to be another Jerry West special.

Jerry West was also with the Clippers when they drafted Jerome Robinson in the lottery. You win some, you lose some.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Jerry West was also with the Clippers when they drafted Jerome Robinson in the lottery. You win some, you lose some.

Jerry's been with the Clippers since 2017. Four years later, the Clippers made WCF first time ever. It's no coincidence. Apparently, he wins more often than he loses. Meanwhile, the Warriors are slowly becoming like a lottery team ever since Jerry left them.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

Anyone else in the Southern California area who got out early today see their first set of Clipper flags yet hanging from some chumps car window? 💀💀💀😂🤣😂

Clip fans out in full force today ☠️
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Jerry's been with the Clippers since 2017. Four years later, the Clippers made WCF first time ever. It's no coincidence. Apparently, he wins more often than he loses. Meanwhile, the Warriors are slowly becoming like a lottery team ever since Jerry left them.

Definitely not a coincidence.

But Jeanie will never let JW back in the organization as long she’s in charge. It is what it is...but Jeanie did have a chance to make sure Jerry didn’t put his touch on the Clippers but that apparently wasn’t enough.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I definitely give them props for coming back from down 0-2 twice now, and the second time without their best player for half of the comeback (plus the crazy in-game comeback from down 25). Ty Lue is legit one of the best coaches in the league, and it's a damn shame we didn't get the Lue/Vogel pairing we deserved. His mid-series adjustments going back to the Cavs' days have really been great.

I guess I could go either way on how fortunate their path has been so far, though, not just because of the 0-2 holes they found themselves in and losing Kawhi, but also the quality of opponents. As dysfunctional as the Mavs ended up being, they faced two straight teams that went on damn near historic shooting streaks multiple times during both series, seemingly at random. And I'm biased because I'm a Luka fanboy, but history will probably look back on the last two Mavs' series as the beginnings of an all-time great playoff performer and future GOAT contender...not exactly light work for the first round. Then Mitchell somehow follows Luka's act up with a similar, if not more explosive, individual scoring display of his own...another guy who's probably going to be looked at one day as one of the great postseason players. That's tough for the first two rounds, not gonna lie.

The flip side is that both the Mavs and Jazz had glaring weaknesses that Lue was smart in exploiting to the fullest. The Mavs had no real scoring threat outside of Luka, and the Jazz/Gobert can't hang with a fully realized smallball lineup. Both teams lived and died by the three, and really don't have much in the way of perimeter defenders (like literally the cupboard is bare). So the Clippers, with their abundance of perimeter talent and outside shooting, really were the worst matchup for both of them.

I do see the Suns and Nets/Bucks/Philly being infinitely better equipped to handle the Clippers' small ball, but we'll see...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

But Jeanie will never let JW back in the organization as long she’s in charge. It is what it is...but Jeanie did have a chance to make sure Jerry didn’t put his touch on the Clippers but that apparently wasn’t enough.

Jerry has always been great at recognizing talent, but his most underrated trait as a team builder has been how flexible he's been across different eras in realizing what wins in the league at any given time. Being part of the Splash Brothers/Death Lineup revolution with Golden State, and now helping to take that small ball/shooting concept to another level with the Clippers - it's just been an insane run of roster construction for him. And then you contrast that with all the other NBA old timers and how they cling to outdated cliches, it's crazy how in tune with the modern game Jerry has been when pre-dates almost all of them.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

That's why I'm so salty about Jeanie. She let go of possibly the best basketball mind ever and brought in a rookie like Rob to run the show. Rob is like an employee in training. It's why I'm so worried about Rob making changes this season just like how I felt about Magic when he was in charge.

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Jerry has always been great at recognizing talent, but his most underrated trait as a team builder has been how flexible he's been across different eras in realizing what wins in the league at any given time. Being part of the Splash Brothers/Death Lineup revolution with Golden State, and now helping to take that small ball/shooting concept to another level with the Clippers - it's just been an insane run of roster construction for him. And then you contrast that with all the other NBA old timers and how they cling to outdated cliches, it's crazy how in tune with the modern game Jerry has been when pre-dates almost all of them.

I hope he leaves the Clippers after just one championship. He's made his point. No need to sour his relationship with the Laker nation any further.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I tip my cap to the Clippers coaching staff for developing and empowering their role players throughout the regular season so come playoff time they have the confidence in themselves and the confidence of the coaching staff & teammates to deliver.

That's something the Lakers coaching staff did not do with a number of our role players.

It's pretty unrealistic to limit players during the regular season, have them play a certain role & then get upset when those players arent ready to step up & do more when it matters most.

That Terance Mann performance is a result of his coaching staff & teammates building him up throughout the entire season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Jazz were frauds as usual. So I wasn't surprised by any of it, including the comeback. They've always been a loser franchise.

Suns will kill em.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

The Jerry worship is getting to be a bit over the top. Klay Thompson's injuries had nothing to do with Jerry. With Klay the Warriors are contenders. Nothing matters unless the Clippers win a championship. They are still losers until then.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
RashardA wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

The Jerry worship is getting to be a bit over the top. Klay Thompson's injuries had nothing to do with Jerry. With Klay the Warriors are contenders. Nothing matters unless the Clippers win a championship. They are still losers until then.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Wow. I can't believe this is real. They are celebrating like they won the championship.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoseWithOranges/status/1406123349076439043
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Wow. I can't believe this is real. They are celebrating like they won the championship.

Quote:
@GucciWasCloned Replying to @JoseWithOranges

PG really got Pat Bev feet water and poured it on Mann Face with tears of joy

Hahaha.
Also notice Kawhi in the background. At least he can stand.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

They are going to the conference finals for the 1st time. It's not a crime to celebrate it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
32 wrote:

They are going to the conference finals for the 1st time. It's not a crime to celebrate it.

The celebrating is understandable. Took 50 yrs and a lot of current self doubt to get here. Enjoy the moment.

I'm more interested in the Lue comment. Wants Laker fans to root for the clips because we are "all one city". He's joking right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 352, 353, 354 ... 440, 441, 442  Next
Page 353 of 442
Jump to: