To Danny G. and Markieff M.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:33 am    Post subject: To Danny G. and Markieff M.

I know it's hard for both of you these bashings and all the bad stuff thrown towards the both of you. I know both of you tried your best it just didn't go well. Please ignore those fans who stand by your side only when things are good. But I do ask both of you in game 6 to focus; forget all the distractions and let those 3s fly. I still believe in you. Le's do this !
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject:

And also, please earn the millions of dollars you both make.

I wouldn't stand a chance beating either of you in a 1 on 1 game, and yet DG, you made about 3 more baskets than I could make in an NBA game, and your last shot game 5 probably matched what I could do. And MM, I'm pretty sure I can manage to have a brain fart at the end of an important game and throw the ball wildly out of bounds, causing a soul crushing turnover.

Difference is I don't practice and play basketball every day and night and I probably have to work several months to make what you guys make per game.

So please...at least do better than what I can do out there.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject:

things are different when you're on the game and when you're only watching the game.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Until such time that they’re no longer Lakers, I’m backing both. We need them to bring everything they’ve got today. Confidence. Courage. Redemption. Mamba Mentality.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Danny's fiance received threats. That is not cool man. Grow the (bleep) up, basketball is just a game

Also I talk (bleep) all the time too but I know my place, I wouldn't last more than 10 mintues playing with these guys on the court
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Danny's fiance received threats. That is not cool man. Grow the (bleep) up, basketball is just a game

Also I talk (bleep) all the time too but I know my place, I wouldn't last more than 10 mintues playing with these guys on the court

If that's true then I'm appalled. Never have Laker fans behaved like this. I think one year some fans through some stuff on the court, but that's the worst I've ever seen. Couple that with the team walking off the court before the final buzzer and there's a bad trend going on in LakerLand.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

If that's true then I'm appalled. Never have Laker fans behaved like this. I think one year some fans through some stuff on the court, but that's the worst I've ever seen. Couple that with the team walking off the court before the final buzzer and there's a bad trend going on in LakerLand.

https://lakersdaily.com/danny-greens-fiancee-receives-death-threats-after-husband-misses-crucial-game-5-3-pointer/
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:

They both did

Per Nichols (video at link)

Danny Green on the fans who've made death threats against him & his fiancé after his missed shot: "I hope they're that passionate about voting, or injustice for these people who deserve justice - we'll get some better change in the country." Green calls himself "an easy target."

https://twitter.com/rachel__nichols/status/1315317850182168576?s=21
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

If you want to criticize the shot, criticize the shot and the subsequent play. But bashing a player and sending him and his fiance threats is taking things way too far. And DG is actually a good person.

I'm hoping he has that one great game in him in these playoffs. He's overdue. Please let it be tonight.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

It was one shot, we must move on.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Game was lost before the DG shot and Markieff turnover. Lakers defense was simply not good enough.

Although, Markieff’s turnover is bad and unacceptable but it wasn’t the reason they lost.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Game was lost before the DG shot and Markieff turnover. Lakers defense was simply not good enough.

Although, Markieff’s turnover is bad and unacceptable but it wasn’t the reason they lost.

Absolutely, and it's a game of basketball. I love the lakers and would like banner 17, but if it doesn't happen it's life.
Having fun and talking trash about games is cool with me, slandering and threatening people is simply uncalled for.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Man I think it will be the funniest thing in the world if Danny Green shoots like he did on opening day. Would be absolutely hilarious the reactions he would get then
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Man I think it will be the funniest thing in the world if Danny Green shoots like he did on opening day. Would be absolutely hilarious the reactions he would get then

I have always like danny green going back to his days at North Carolina. He always seemed like a good dude. Model citizen with Spurs, Raptors, and Lakers. Obviously he hasn't been playoff danny as his career once was, but if he has that shot again I want him to take it. He admitted himself he rushed the shot, and it was "PANIC AT THE DISCO" after that.
Danny Green has a playoff resume. I'll ride with him.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

Professional athletes get death threats all the time. Lebron gets it constantly for his BLM stance. Kareem used to get them. Magic received hate mail and death threats after he beat the Celtics. Kobe got a ton of them around that false rape charge he received, and he also received race-hate mail. Days after he died, people like actress Even Rachel Wood were still trashing him for that so called rape. Doesn't matter which sport, it happens.

Danny Green is a professional athlete. You don't get $15 million a year and not expect higher than normal standards from rabid fans. You get paid that sort of money not just to play the game, but to deal with all the craziness surrounding it. People are people. There are going to be passionate people out there who vent their frustrations on athletes. That's a part of being a professional athlete. You brush the emotions of fans off your shoulder and you concentrate on doing your job. Kobe did it. Lebron did it. DG needs to shutup about pissing off fans and hit some shots, like he's paid to do.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Threatening a player over a game? I want LAL's to win as much as
anyone, but we're not thugs here; hopefully those few get
caught and processed.

Let's win !!!
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Yeah, Lebron was the only reason we were anywhere close that game. Should have been a convincing win for the Heat but every time the increased the gap to near ten, Lebron would transform into Steph Curry
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
#savethekids wrote:

Yeah, Lebron was the only reason we were anywhere close that game. Should have been a convincing win for the Heat but every time the increased the gap to near ten, Lebron would transform into Steph Curry

🤣🤣🤣🤣
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Go Danny, Go Markief! Go Lakers!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Dear Danny Green, Markieff Morris, and every other Laker

We love you

We just mess up sometimes too, and its an important lesson for all.

Keep working hard, thank you.

Sincerely
Laker fans
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

They both failed to deliver in the last game, but let's not forget:

- The Lakers had no timeouts remaining.

- Morris grabbed an offensive rebound to keep that possession alive before he panicked and turned it over. He likely thought he had less time than he did, and is not a shot creator. It was a tough spot for him to be in.

- Danny Green didn't have a perfect catch and had to dribble and step into it with a defender rushing at him under pressure. Even a top shooter is going to miss that shot half the time, and Green hasn't had a great season shooting as is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: