(bleep) this entire organization
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6952

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject: (bleep) this entire organization

that's all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 42012

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I agree
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
travanx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 633
Location: Downtown Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Oct 2020
Posts: 1262

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I agree, I think I was a bangwaggon fan all along. I think I don't even like basketball. I think I was just a fan of Kobes determination.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 22594

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Ham can’t coach and Lebron is breaking down.

AD deserves better. Done with this team.
_________________
Dennis Schroder: https://media.tenor.com/images/3c15249955860a4b16b59e8ae035fb75/tenor.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8170

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6952

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!

what's your preferred drink?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Mar 2005
Posts: 4604

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

I agree with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 3871

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

πŸ’―
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8170

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!

what's your preferred drink?


When the foods greasy, Coke. Although I have been enjoying root beer these days. I'm also fine w/ some quality H2O.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 6952

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!

what's your preferred drink?


When the foods greasy, Coke. Although I have been enjoying root beer these days. I'm also fine w/ some quality H2O.

I'm not so sure about you, fam
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 4383

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I agreeeeeeee

give Reaves the keys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 1453

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:03 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!


Mucho agreeo! I absolutely love this team. Always will. I might not be enamored of all its players. But, I'll always bleed Purple & Gold. Even when times are hurty bad, lol.

Win, or lose, I only ask they play enjoyable basketball.
_________________
ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 35997

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject:

Players, GM's and coaches come and go. We will be back. I have no doubt about that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 14530

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

I been saying this 2 years ago. When you put in context the level of talent they gave up on, it's pretty easy to be stoic about these losses.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." β€” Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 4185

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

The problem isn't the entire franchise, the problem is this:

Jeanie Buss, who failed to put into place competent people to facilitate the construction and endurance of a quality roster.

Rob Pelinka, who has failed to maintain a grasp on what was once a winning formula, and instead, has overturned the roster every season since he's been GM.

Other front office people behind the scenes, for not having a vision of what this franchise should stand for.

Lebron James, who cannot be relied upon to make the plays during what Magic Johnson infamously called, "Winning Time"-- that crucial stretch during close games when a particular play can either win or lose games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28970

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
The problem isn't the entire franchise, the problem is this:

Jeanie Buss, who failed to put into place competent people to facilitate the construction and endurance of a quality roster.

Rob Pelinka, who has failed to maintain a grasp on what was once a winning formula, and instead, has overturned the roster every season since he's been GM.

Other front office people behind the scenes, for not having a vision of what this franchise should stand for.

Lebron James, who cannot be relied upon to make the plays during what Magic Johnson infamously called, "Winning Time"-- that crucial stretch during close games when a particular play can either win or lose games.


If that's not the entire franchise, what's left? The banners hanging from the roof of the arena?

For all of the great things that Dr. Buss did for this franchise, he screwed up in the end. It was the classic error of an old man wanting to turn over the family business to his kids. The kids aren't total losers, but they're mediocre. Worse, they're all marinated in Lakers Exceptionalism. Dr. Buss changed with the times. Jeanie is stuck in the past.

I choose to be optimistic in the sense that the front office may learn something from this debacle. After last night, I hope that some people can see that Turner and Hield are not the magical cure for our ills. They would make us better. They would not make us a contender. The fact that the front office did not pursue this quick fix gives me hope.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 57250

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
troy wrote:
The problem isn't the entire franchise, the problem is this:

Jeanie Buss, who failed to put into place competent people to facilitate the construction and endurance of a quality roster.

Rob Pelinka, who has failed to maintain a grasp on what was once a winning formula, and instead, has overturned the roster every season since he's been GM.

Other front office people behind the scenes, for not having a vision of what this franchise should stand for.

Lebron James, who cannot be relied upon to make the plays during what Magic Johnson infamously called, "Winning Time"-- that crucial stretch during close games when a particular play can either win or lose games.


If that's not the entire franchise, what's left? The banners hanging from the roof of the arena?

For all of the great things that Dr. Buss did for this franchise, he screwed up in the end. It was the classic error of an old man wanting to turn over the family business to his kids. The kids aren't total losers, but they're mediocre. Worse, they're all marinated in Lakers Exceptionalism. Dr. Buss changed with the times. Jeanie is stuck in the past.

I choose to be optimistic in the sense that the front office may learn something from this debacle. After last night, I hope that some people can see that Turner and Hield are not the magical cure for our ills. They would make us better. They would not make us a contender. The fact that the front office did not pursue this quick fix gives me hope.

Yes, I agree if the reasoning was that they didn't think they could get to where they aim to be and it was like taking a 35 win team to a 45 win team. However I worry this is not their thinking with that. We were apparently willing to deal the same assets for Kyrie, who would have not taken us anywhere further, either. It seems to me this was about salary and lux tax. If you trade 2 picks for those guys, you need to keep them. Keeping them past this season + keeping AD/Lebron, re-signing Reaves, and now you're in the repeater tax situation I believe. How much of this was about tax, and all that, and how much was about them not believing they would get over the top with them. Because we were willing to deal for Kyrie, and lets be real, he's not getting us over the top, either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 28970

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yes, I agree if the reasoning was that they didn't think they could get to where they aim to be and it was like taking a 35 win team to a 45 win team. However I worry this is not their thinking with that. We were apparently willing to deal the same assets for Kyrie, who would have not taken us anywhere further, either. It seems to me this was about salary and lux tax. If you trade 2 picks for those guys, you need to keep them. Keeping them past this season + keeping AD/Lebron, re-signing Reaves, and now you're in the repeater tax situation I believe. How much of this was about tax, and all that, and how much was about them not believing they would get over the top with them. Because we were willing to deal for Kyrie, and lets be real, he's not getting us over the top, either.


I think we could have gotten under the tax threshold, but we'd be in the same boat when it comes to depth. In your scenario, as of next summer, we'd have Lebron, Davis, Turner, Hield, and Reaves, then a bunch of minimums. We might be able to use the midlevel, but that would depend on how much Turner and Reaves cost. V+ could run the numbers, but it would just be a guess because we don't know how much Turner and Reaves would cost.

Let's assume that we could us all or part of the midlevel to sign a starting point guard like, say, Schroder. The starting five plus Reaves would be decent, although there would be age and injury risks. We would have little or no ability to upgrade the roster. That might be okay if we just want to ride out the Lebron era as a play-in contender. That's just where we are right now.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 21038

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!


Same.

But also, see my sig so that our love can return to actually winning
_________________
Jeanie, if you love your dad, please sell the franchise.

Please get Klutch and their lackey Rob out of LA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 1096

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Ham can’t coach and Lebron is breaking down.

AD deserves better. Done with this team.


Thank you for posting out an obvious issue. Coaching. The front office gets so much blame but when the other team goes on the run and you look dazed, you might need some improvement and that is what happened. But I don' t agree about AD/ Last night AD basically quit on the team. His effort near the end was pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11429
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Can the Coach figure out a way the players can defend THREES?
_________________
β€œAlways remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 39392
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Weird, I love the Lakers. Hope they win.
Go Lakers, go!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 9628

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Win or lose, I want to see Jeanie going on radio to give interviews every week just like what Jerry Jones has been doing.

When your team wins a championship, you stand in the spotlight and give a speech. When your team is doing poorly, you should also man up and take the blame or at least provide the fans updates on your future plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2207

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:08 pm    Post subject:

can jimbo stage a coup and get back in control? lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB