Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1687/rr-6 an article from 2 weeks ago on the BMJ - giving validity to Vaers, same validity it's always had with vaccines. It also says only a fraction of adverse reactions are probably reported - BMJ concludes that due to the amount of adverse reports, children should not get the vaccine.

Look I don't mean to stir you guys up. This specific topic on vaccinating children is one that more people have at least some hesitation about..and might be more open to a conversation about
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n1687/rr-6 an article from 2 weeks ago on the BMJ - giving validity to Vaers, same validity it's always had with vaccines. It also says only a fraction of adverse reactions are probably reported - BMJ concludes that due to the amount of adverse reports, children should not get the vaccine.

Look I don't mean to stir you guys up. This specific topic on vaccinating children is one that more people have at least some hesitation about..and might be more open to a conversation about

Nothing stirred here. this is exactly why trials are done to specific age groups, combine that with the observations from adult&teens vaccinations so far, then make the appropriate recommendations. I think to make recommendation now with the trials not completed is a little premature (unless they have access to the preliminary results then the recommendation to not vaccinate children is legit)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

In the US, the VAERS collects reports of adverse effects in patients following vaccination but it does not show whether those adverse effects were caused by a vaccine.

Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” (here). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data does not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality”

In the US, the VAERS collects reports of adverse effects in patients following vaccination but it does not show whether those adverse effects were caused by a vaccine. The death of a one-year-old included in the data could not have been caused by a vaccine for COVID-19, as the child had not received one.

Quote:
Fact check: Reports of adverse effects in US database aren’t confirmed to be linked to vaccination

Reuters
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

There are adverse events (AE) and serious adverse events (SAE).

Adverse events are expected when administering any vaccine. A vaccine's purpose is to produce an immune response. But SAEs (untoward medical occurrence that at any dose. Results in death. Is life-threatening. Requires inpatient hospitalization or causes prolongation of existing hospitalization) are another story.

I don't find what Mark is saying as good reasoning for abandoning the vaccine for hydroxychloroquine 2.0.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:

Nothing stirred here. this is exactly why trials are done to specific age groups, combine that with the observations from adult&teens vaccinations so far, then make the appropriate recommendations. I think to make recommendation now with the trials not completed is a little premature (unless they have access to the preliminary results then the recommendation to not vaccinate children is legit)

thanks for the response
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
In the US, the VAERS collects reports of adverse effects in patients following vaccination but it does not show whether those adverse effects were caused by a vaccine.

Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says: “The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable” (here). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data does not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says “the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality”

In the US, the VAERS collects reports of adverse effects in patients following vaccination but it does not show whether those adverse effects were caused by a vaccine. The death of a one-year-old included in the data could not have been caused by a vaccine for COVID-19, as the child had not received one.

Quote:
Fact check: Reports of adverse effects in US database aren’t confirmed to be linked to vaccination

Reuters

pinning causality requires sound thinking and diagnosis, sure. Vaers is still so often referenced by top tier health professionals as having a lot of weight. In order to report to Vaers you need name & location of facility, vaccine type, manufacturer, lot# etc, etc. It is a detailed form. And for this highly important, high profile vaccine, people are reporting getting contacted after submission, for vetting. There's a reason why Vaers has always been instrumental in decision making regarding keeping vaccines on the market; and is referenced by top docs, even in congress meetings.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n747/rr-12 here's an article from the BMJ on "The politicization of Ivermectin"

"In unusual times likes these, when the world is battling with a virus, drug repurposing can be possible solution to avoid needless deaths. It is concerning that few drugs (Remdesivir, tocilizumab) were given emergency approval for use against COVID-19 without adequate trials on their safety profiles, Ivermectin, on the other hand has been withheld in spite of 35 years of favorable pharmacovigilance records, and many well designed Randomized controlled trials on its efficacy. [1]

Secondly, recent studies have shown Vitamin D to play a role in COVID-19 and to call it an "orphan treatment" would be incorrect. [2]

The hospitals are overwhelmed and the doctors are overworked. They depend on health authorities to carry out meta-analyses and come up with guidelines that need to be followed. In the present circumstances, what seems unusual is the focussed intentional systematic suppression, forbidding and censoring of a cheap, widely available, life-saving therapeutic, Ivermectin, in the middle of a pandemic."

if I can say again, these people are the medical journal standard..

-
jumping topics , I'm posting this to respond to the statement that, it's too hard to know whether the adverse effects are related to the vaccine . Here's a post/story from a mother who got her 2nd shot and breastfed later; and her baby developed a rash. https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateVaccines/comments/n8sny2/i_got_my_2nd_shot_yesterday_and_my_baby_now_has_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
the doctor report is in the link she posted, it's the only photo, it says she may report it to Vaers.
Anecdotal reports have been posted in this thread and I hope this one is okay. This case stuck with me. https://twitter.com/sid8998/status/1403385560752812032?s=20 here's a summary of 3 studies on whether the MRNA is detected in breastmilk, 2 studies say it's not, and 1 study found a minuscule quantity rarely. But it's such an important issue, with mother/child, man...just kind of instinctively out of caution, a lot of women are opposed to getting the vaccine if breastfeeding.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

^What you quoted is not the actual article, but a Doctor from Mumbai India's response (who also happens to advocate for vaccines in addition to masks, social distancing, etc.). It is also significant that other countries may advocate for the use of certain drugs earlier than the US might be they have more of a covid problem and less access to the vaccines.

It may very well be the case that there are unavailable drugs which may assist in fighting covid that have been neglected while people focus on vaccine efficacy, but that also doesn't replace the efficacy of the vaccine. The most direct course to getting over the pandemic is wide spread vaccination. It always has been, especially given that variants will continue to arise.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

The FDA is looking into Ivermectin.

Here's what they have released so far.

Quote:
Here’s What You Need to Know about Ivermectin

*FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans. Ivermectin tablets are approved at very specific doses for some parasitic worms, and there are topical (on the skin) formulations for head lice and skin conditions like rosacea. Ivermectin is not an anti-viral (a drug for treating viruses).
*Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.
*If you have a prescription for ivermectin for an FDA-approved use, get it from a legitimate source and take it exactly as prescribed.
*Never use medications intended for animals on yourself. Ivermectin preparations for animals are very different from those approved for humans.

FDA
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
L.A. County Reports Over 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases for First Time Since February 13.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1418710022406742019
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Banner week for Florida

73,166 new cases up from 45,584 last week

15.1% positive rate up from 11.6% last week
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
L.A. County Reports Over 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases for First Time Since February 13.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1418710022406742019

Thank you. I had been hoping it had plateaued when we saw <2000 on Tuesday (7/20), but since then we've had 2551, 2767, and now 3058.

The disturbing stat released yesterday about June was that 20% of the new cases were from fully vaccinated people.
https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1418361478642606084/photo/1
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject:

LA County Sheriff.

Quote:
As I’ve said before, @countyofla’s mask mandate is a knee-jerk reaction. I discussed this on @CNN @AC360. I thank @andersoncooper for his viewpoint. The fact remains @LASDHQ won't enforce the order. We need collaboration, not @lapublichealth draconian rule.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LACoSheriff/status/1418664355634188291
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

The LA County Sheriff sounds like a GOP stooge.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LA County Sheriff.

Quote:
As I’ve said before, @countyofla’s mask mandate is a knee-jerk reaction. I discussed this on @CNN @AC360. I thank @andersoncooper for his viewpoint. The fact remains @LASDHQ won't enforce the order. We need collaboration, not @lapublichealth draconian rule.

I heard something like the vaccination rate is around 50% definitely not anywhere close to herd immunity. Vaccinations will probably have be mandatory by your employer to get those numbers up. As long as there are large numbers of holdouts new variants will continue to infect those people.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
LA County Sheriff.

Quote:

I heard something like the vaccination rate is around 50% definitely not anywhere close to herd immunity. Vaccinations will probably have be mandatory by your employer to get those numbers up. As long as there are large numbers of holdouts new variants will continue to infect those people.

LA County (16 & Older) currently sits at 70% One Dose & 62% Fully Vaccinated
LA County

Comparatively, King County (Seattle) (16 & Older) sits @ 81% & 76% respectively
King County
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

He probably is. Trump and the GOP tend to poll well with law enforcement.

But their is some nuance. Not on the anti-mask front. But specifically on the vaccine front.

There are people who don't vote Republican who are hesitant about the vaccine.

Trumpers/GOPers can't be reached for the most part. But others are in play. They talk about it on Monday's Pod Save America: https://crooked.com/podcast/is-facebook-killing-people-with-sen-brian-schatz/

Apparently the best way to reach "vaccine hesitant people" is literally just listening to them. And after you've listened to their concerns. Address their fears calmly with the science available to the public. And there are actually people who are very good at changing the minds of people who are vaccine hesitant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/technology/vaccine-misinformation.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/covid-vaccines-biden-trump/2021/07/15/adaf6c7e-e4bd-11eb-a41e-c8442c213fa8_story.html
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

Wikipedia has him listed as a Democrat.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Wikipedia is a (bleep) show of user driven incorrect data. Villanueva is a total MAGA Moron.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
32 wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Wikipedia is a (bleep) show of user driven incorrect data. Villanueva is a total MAGA Moron.

Yeah, the guy has issued more Concealed Carry Permits in LA County than had the last 3 Sheriffs had issued combined in the prior quarter century. And now that gun violence is ticking upwards, he's doubling down to make it even easier to put guns in the hands of Angelinos in the sadistic hope that voters will demand a stern hand be applied to both the criminals and homeless population. Thankfully it seems the voters are seeing through it as his popularity rating has dipped below 35% and his unfavourable is at 30% and rising rapidly. The guy is about political expediency and his support for pretty much anything shifts wildly based on where he thinks he's able to guess the political winds might be shifting. The only reason he was voted in was because he was able to convince voters that he wasn't an actual criminal like Baca. But you can only polish a turd so much before the luster finally wears off and folks start to smell the frangrance of the turd.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:
LA County Sheriff.

Quote:

LA County (16 & Older) currently sits at 70% One Dose & 62% Fully Vaccinated
LA County

Comparatively, King County (Seattle) (16 & Older) sits @ 81% & 76% respectively
King County

LA is at 5.1M fully vaccinated out of 10M people. At 20% of positive tests from fully vaccinated, that's a 4X improvement which is about a 75% protection from testing positive.

5M Vaccinated. 5M unvaccinated.
1/5 and 4/5 of positive tests.

- Unvaccinated skews younger which really helps their numbers
- Partially vaccinated are counted in the unvaccinated even though they have partial immunity.
- But, vaccinated probably engage in less risky behavior.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

Just came back from a week long trip to Missouri. This is a low vax state that is now combining no mask wearing with going back to life as usual in large crowds indoors. The combinations of adults and kids unmasked/unvaxxed indoors is just making this one large breeding ground for Delta.

I should have taken some pics/vids but it was pretty much worst case scenarios you can imagine. One city had a massive crowd of thousands attending some country music event (no masks) with another crowd of many hundreds of kids for a soccer tournament. So a whole lot of demographic that isn’t vaccinated. We backed out of a restaurant that was wall to wall packed with this combo.

I will say I didn’t see any MAGA hats or didn’t hear any comments about wearing masks in the cities. We toured thru some of the countryside where there are still Trump signs and Eff Biden signs, but didn’t have reason to stop anywhere there. But the Petri dish in this part of the Midwest is looking quite fertile.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
But the Petri dish in this part of the Midwest is looking quite fertile.

FreeDumb: to be bamboozled & infected because of GOP leadership

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Just came back from a week long trip to Missouri. This is a low vax state that is now combining no mask wearing with going back to life as usual in large crowds indoors. The combinations of adults and kids unmasked/unvaxxed indoors is just making this one large breeding ground for Delta.

I should have taken some pics/vids but it was pretty much worst case scenarios you can imagine. One city had a massive crowd of thousands attending some country music event (no masks) with another crowd of many hundreds of kids for a soccer tournament. So a whole lot of demographic that isn’t vaccinated. We backed out of a restaurant that was wall to wall packed with this combo.

I will say I didn’t see any MAGA hats or didn’t hear any comments about wearing masks in the cities. We toured thru some of the countryside where there are still Trump signs and Eff Biden signs, but didn’t have reason to stop anywhere there. But the Petri dish in this part of the Midwest is looking quite fertile.

Yup. Rachel Maddow has been reporting on the emergency situation in Missouri almost nightly. The poor doctors, nurses and hospital administrators are literally begging their governor for help and begging the public to get vaccinated. They were already traumatized from round 1 and they know what's coming in round 2. And it is really, really bad.

Hope you had a great vacation otherwise.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Tennessee radio host doubted and mocked vaccines – now he has Covid

Quote:
What are my odds of getting Covid? They’re pretty low. What are my odds of dying from Covid if I do get it? Probably way less than 1%.

Cool ...
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

COVID-19 Update:
July 24, 2021
New Cases: 2,600 (1,281,760 to date)
New Deaths: 10 (24,624 to date)
Current Hospitalizations: 688

https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1419076781663997958/photo/1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 259 of 318
Jump to: