Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
So my wife is just getting over Covid. Pretty sure our 1 year old had it too before her as she had a few days of fever and light cough, but is back to normal now. Oddly even though we’re in the same house and sleeping in the same room, I didn’t get it. Our 9 year didn’t either, but she just got her booster like 3 weeks ago so that’s not super surprising. I haven’t been boosted since November when I was last eligible. My wife was boosted that same month. I have a work friend that had the same experience where her youngest and partner got it, but she and her older daughter didn’t. Weird how that works.

Glad everyone is okay. Thank goodness for vaccines.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
So my wife is just getting over Covid. Pretty sure our 1 year old had it too before her as she had a few days of fever and light cough, but is back to normal now. Oddly even though we’re in the same house and sleeping in the same room, I didn’t get it. Our 9 year didn’t either, but she just got her booster like 3 weeks ago so that’s not super surprising. I haven’t been boosted since November when I was last eligible. My wife was boosted that same month. I have a work friend that had the same experience where her youngest and partner got it, but she and her older daughter didn’t. Weird how that works.

Glad to hear everything is OK with you all. It's definitely weird how inconsistently things are playing out at this phase after the height of the pandemic. From what I have heard from many of my friends, the events you describe are not uncommon.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(U.S. Sees 100k Covid Cases A Day | Zerlina.)

Quote:
As much as people act like Covid is over, the virus has other plans. Dr. Uché Blackstock breaks down where the country stands.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

(U.S. Sees 100k Covid Cases A Day | Zerlina.)

Quote:
As much as people act like Covid is over, the virus has other plans. Dr. Uché Blackstock breaks down where the country stands.

Those who are easing precautions are prolonging the pandemic. It's not over people. Stay diligent.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

I don't see a return to normal or something close . . . too much selfishness in this country and not enough people vaccinated around the world.

I see this pandemic going on for quite some time . . . more.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
I don't see a return to normal or something close . . . too much selfishness in this country and not enough people vaccinated around the world.

I see this pandemic going on for quite some time . . . more.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

CNN

('That's not water': Scenes from China's Covid response illustrate brutal heat)

Quote:
Extreme heat has made China's zero-Covid policy much more difficult - and dangerous - for front line health care workers. CNN's Selina Wang reports.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Biden tests positive for COVID-19

LINK

XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, President Biden has to hold off on his heart meds for a while in order to take Paxlovid. Please get well soon! 🙏
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

NBC News

(U.S. Facing Summer Covid-19 Surge)

Quote:
Following President Biden’s positive Covid-19 test, many health officials are sounding alarms from coast to coast regarding another summer surge. The U.S. this week passed 90 million reported Covid-19 cases since the pandemic began. In the last two weeks cases are up about 16 percent and deaths are up 28 percent. Many school districts are focusing on “back to school” and some are now resurrecting or reconsidering mask mandates.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Tested positive for the rona this morning for the first time, at least according to my in-home test. And today was the day of my family's annual picnic, also. (Of course I didn't go.) My husband has tested negative, at least so far. Last night I had a slightly dry throat, a slight cough, and very similar general body and joint soreness and aches that I felt after my second Moderna vaccine shot. I woke up and was feeling similarly after not getting much sleep due to the pestering cough, so I took the in-home test. I feel OK, nothing is terrible, and the body aches are the worst part. But if I had to play tennis, I could. It's certainly nothing debilitating. We'll see how long this lasts.

Stay safe out there, everyone.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tested positive for the rona this morning for the first time, at least according to my in-home test. And today was the day of my family's annual picnic, also. (Of course I didn't go.) My husband has tested negative, at least so far. Last night I had a slightly dry throat, a slight cough, and very similar general body and joint soreness and aches that I felt after my second Moderna vaccine shot. I woke up and was feeling similarly after not getting much sleep due to the pestering cough, so I took the in-home test. I feel OK, nothing is terrible, and the body aches are the worst part. But if I had to play tennis, I could. It's certainly nothing debilitating. We'll see how long this lasts.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Get well soon ChickenStu.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

My brother and his wife recently got infected but their daughter did not, and they all live together. They got it while traveling from San Diego to NYC for vacation, about two weeks ago.

They recovered quickly, and I was told this infection was much milder than when my brother's wife and daughter got infected from the Delta variant. That time, my brother avoided the infection.

Weird but interesting.

Good luck.

YMMV

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
My brother and his wife recently got infected but their daughter did not, and they all live together. They got it while traveling from San Diego to NYC for vacation, about two weeks ago.

They recovered quickly, and I was told this infection was much milder than when my brother's wife and daughter got infected from the Delta variant. That time, my brother avoided the infection.

Weird but interesting.

Good luck.

YMMV

At least anecdotally, it seems the omicron variant is much less severe. Seems like many (but of course not all) fully vaccinated and boosted people who have gotten one of the omicron variants have had nothing more than a cold or mild flu-like symptoms.

I've heard at least one doctor on TV, including Dr. Ashish Jha, say that if you're fully vaccinated and boosted and in decent health, you'll only have "mild" symptoms if/when you get COVID these days.

By NO means is the pandemic over. But at least it seems more manageable than it was even less than a year ago.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

COVID-19 has been around for about 3 years. We shouldn't get lax. The virus is still mutating. People refusing to mask are prolonging the pandemic.

LA County's Indoor Mask Mandate Could Come Back This Week

LINK

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:02 am    Post subject:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2022/aug/10/newly-identified-langya-virus-tracked-after-china-reports-dozens-of-cases
Quote:
The novel Langya henipavirus (LayV) was first detected in the north-eastern provinces of Shandong and Henan in late 2018 but was only formally identified by scientists last week.

The virus was likely transmitted from animals to humans, scientists said, and Taiwan’s health authority is now monitoring the spread. The researchers tested wild animals and found LayV viral RNA in more than a quarter of 262 shrews, “a finding that suggests that the shrew may be a natural reservoir”. The virus was also detected in 2% of domestic goats and 5% of dogs.
A smiling 12-year-old Nathaniel Harland leans against a railing with a gorge in the background

Initial investigations into the virus were outlined in correspondence published by scientists from China, Singapore and Australia in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) last week.

In people, the virus caused symptoms including fever, fatigue, cough, loss of appetite and muscle aches. All of the people infected had a fever, the scientists said. The virus was the only potential pathogen found in 26 of the 35 people, suggesting that “LayV was the cause of febrile illness”.

There have been no deaths from LayV to date. Prof Wang Linfa of the Duke-NUS Medical School, a co-author of the NEJM paper, told the state-run Global Times that the LayV cases had “not been fatal or very serious” so far and that there was “no need for panic”.

It was still unclear whether the virus can be transmitted between people, researchers said. Most of the 35 cases were in farmers, and other infected individuals included factory workers. “Contact tracing of nine patients with 15 close-contact family members revealed no close-contact LayV transmission, but our sample size was too small to determine the status of human-to-human transmission,” the researchers found.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

AP

(Should you get a new COVID booster? If so, when?)

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday endorsed updated COVID-19 boosters, opening the way for a fall vaccination campaign that could blunt a winter surge if enough Americans roll up their sleeves. (Sept. 2) (AP Video/Angie Wang and Shelby Lum)

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(How To Properly Assess Impact of COVID As Regulations Relax)

Quote:
With millions of Americans making plans to return to work or school after the holiday weekend, will conditions be ripe for a deadly COVID-19 surge? Lenox Hill hospital Medical Director Dr. Daniel Baker says maybe not. “We have medications that can help with some more moderate to severe symptoms...There are a lot of things that we can do to keep each other safe,” but with return to work and school, “we need to increase the dialogue.”

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject:

I had minor flu symptoms 2 wks ago, but absolutely zero in the way of congestion/coughing. Just migraine that drones on and on for 2 days and the cold vs hot sweats rotation. I'm triple vaxed but last one was in Jan 2022 and I've still yet to get anything cough or congestion wise. However, I've worked w/ people who got it last week and the week before. I think not getting any chest related stuff since the outset of Covid has made me ignant to what it actually looks like now, especially given that people can test and find out that they have it w/o knowing it. I've probably had Covid at least once w/o knowing it just based on odds. But are you guys/gals getting chest related probs? If so, how bad are they? I'm assuming most of it is Omicron by this point.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject:

Just got my third booster: Pfizer Bivalent.

I walked there and back, about 12 blocks, round trip.

I feel fine.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I had minor flu symptoms 2 wks ago, but absolutely zero in the way of congestion/coughing. Just migraine that drones on and on for 2 days and the cold vs hot sweats rotation. I'm triple vaxed but last one was in Jan 2022 and I've still yet to get anything cough or congestion wise. However, I've worked w/ people who got it last week and the week before. I think not getting any chest related stuff since the outset of Covid has made me ignant to what it actually looks like now, especially given that people can test and find out that they have it w/o knowing it. I've probably had Covid at least once w/o knowing it just based on odds. But are you guys/gals getting chest related probs? If so, how bad are they? I'm assuming most of it is Omicron by this point.

I had Covid last week. I didn’t get any chest stuff. Just some body aches one day, then head congestion and some fatigue. I’m pretty much back to normal now except for some random dry cough a few times a day.

For me it was mostly like a cold, but that’s why I’m vaccinated! I have not had the updated vaccine yet. Just the two original shots plus normal booster last October (Pfizer). My wife and I were going to get the updated one this past weekend, but I had the Covid. Now it seems it’s suggested I wait 90 days after recovery to get it. So December for me I guess.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

Don't become complacent. COVID-19 is still out there. I vaguely remember hearing on the news LA City Council won't meet because 2 members tested positive for COVID-19. The virus is still out there. GET VACINATED

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

BBC News

(Record daily China Covid cases despite strict lockdowns - BBC News)

Quote:
China has recorded its highest number of daily Covid cases since the pandemic began, despite stringent measures designed to eliminate the virus.

Several major cities including the capital Beijing and southern trade hub Guangzhou are experiencing outbreaks.

Wednesday saw 31,527 cases recorded compared with an April peak of 28,000.

The latest lockdown measures have been imposed in the city of Zhengzhou, home to the world's largest iPhone factory
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I highly recommend getting the latest COVID vaccine and annual flu vaccine. COVID in the U.S. is already trending back up and with indoor get togethers over the holidays it will get worse.

(I had a mild head cold this past week for the first time in several years. Runny eyes, nose, sore throat but no fever, no muscle aches, no chills, no chest congestion. Since those symptoms are similar to new version of mild COVID I went ahead and tested a couple of times. Both negative. But I'm not 100% convinced I didn't have it. Almost cleared up now after one week. But I had peace of mind knowing I had both the new COVID and flu vaccine so I didn't have to needlessly worry about it being much worse.)
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I’ll probably get one in late December. I had Covid in September and they recommend waiting 3-4 months after to get the booster for the best benefits.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 315 of 318
Jump to: