NBA Season COVID-19 Thread (**No politics or racial/ethnic remarks or personal insults**)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
NY entering phase 1B tmrw (75+, first responders, teacher, etc), still lagging behind but I heard Cali is much further behind in vaccination goal? You guys still healthcare only?

It is healthcare only..but with some exceptions...for example, in Orange county they are giving it to officers in high exposure areas like Anaheim.

Right now vaccinating private offices and private doctor's isn't going to be easy. I got mine through my employer (a community health center) and that was fast..but I also got an email link through my associations website for private office doctors for vaccination. I was curious how it worked and I clicked on the link and no appointments are available currently. You can call the public health department also, but it takes a while for them to answer.

So if they wait till they get a significant portion of these private offices vaccinated, it will be a while. These people have to go to vaccination sites and there seems to be too few of them.

Hope the thing is NYC is an isolated incidence. Once a vaccine vial is open, it only lasts a few hours..so if an error occurred where a vial was opened and no one got the sample, it would be wasted.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:
NY entering phase 1B tmrw (75+, first responders, teacher, etc), still lagging behind but I heard Cali is much further behind in vaccination goal? You guys still healthcare only?

It is healthcare only..but with some exceptions...for example, in Orange county they are giving it to officers in high exposure areas like Anaheim.

Right now vaccinating private offices and private doctor's isn't going to be easy. I got mine through my employer (a community health center) and that was fast..but I also got an email link through my associations website for private office doctors for vaccination. I was curious how it worked and I clicked on the link and no appointments are available currently. You can call the public health department also, but it takes a while for them to answer.

So if they wait till they get a significant portion of these private offices vaccinated, it will be a while. These people have to go to vaccination sites and there seems to be too few of them.

Hope the thing is NYC is an isolated incidence. Once a vaccine vial is open, it only lasts a few hours..so if an error occurred where a vial was opened and no one got the sample, it would be wasted.

Hope so too.
Vaccine administration is by appt only and each administering facility only open vials based on the number of people on appt (some will get bumped/moved to diff time slot if less than 10 people per appt time for moderna... at least this does limit wasted dose to a minimum)

There’s a fine line that we might have to cross, setting deadline for each group unless you get medical waiver (tested Covid pos within 90 days or exposed directly within 14 days) for extension. Once deadline is passed, automatically open to next group... but this might not guarantee there’s enough 2nd dose on time for everybody
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:

Hope so too.
Vaccine administration is by appt only and each administering facility only open vials based on the number of people on appt (some will get bumped/moved to diff time slot if less than 10 people per appt time for moderna... at least this does limit wasted dose to a minimum)

There’s a fine line that we might have to cross, setting deadline for each group unless you get medical waiver (tested Covid pos within 90 days or exposed directly within 14 days) for extension. Once deadline is passed, automatically open to next group... but this might not guarantee there’s enough 2nd dose on time for everybody

well the medical people i know are bimodal - either cannot get it fast enough or no way i am putting mrna vaccine in my body. i would think the first group would jump at the opportunity...

i read on either cnn or similar that some vaccine has to be thrown out.

if moderna only has a few hours after opening with its less stringent temperature storage requirements, hard to imagine what it is like for pfizer.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

Fingers crossed that Johnson & Johnson will ultimately be single dose and 97% effective.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

With a couple more games postponed why does it feel like the will postpone the season for a little bit
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
With a couple more games postponed why does it feel like the will postpone the season for a little bit

I see how that could happen especially if someone gets severely affected or worse. These guys are super athletes so their risk of severity is very low. But it’s a matter of time before someone gets a bad case and heard from someone on this forum someone isn’t in good shape right now?

And also something could happen to their families if they bring it home.

Hopefully they can get the vaccine before that happens but there is risk.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Fingers crossed that Johnson & Johnson will ultimately be single dose and 97% effective.

if people are having doubts with MRNA vaccines, wait until you see the DNA ones
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1348689078854713349
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Bubble Playoffs coming.

not if they are vaccinated by then
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

I see how that could happen especially if someone gets severely affected or worse. These guys are super athletes so their risk of severity is very low. But it’s a matter of time before someone gets a bad case and heard from someone on this forum someone isn’t in good shape right now?

our startup actually contacted the lakers about our personal protection system, but no interest at all. it seems they are ready to work with their their test routines safety protocols...
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

i am waiting on the protein based vaccines.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

i think the sports teams really dont care much about covid other than from a PR angle. as you indicated they are world class athletes so risk of severity is very low.

i would imagine they could fly the players somewhere in the world where they can buy vaccine, but they dont seem to want to do that due to optics and PR
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Good news as far as distribution. Operation wrap speed has been holding back vaccine doses to ensure they have supply for the second dose.

Now they can predict distribution they can distribute that supply rather than hold them back so more is Available. Hopefully that will help speed up distribution and the people eligible for the vaccine.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/01/us-asking-states-to-speed-vaccine-not-hold-back-2nd-dose/amp/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

New rules in place for NBA players and staff as COVID-19 has spread in the league.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1349080734724546563?s=09
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

not sure about how y'all doing in cali but NY/NJ numbers is going up pretty high, double digit % positive rates in some counties. Essential workers have to self quarantine if exposed even with a neg test/no symptoms starting last friday (some still get exempt/hospital folks)
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
New rules in place for NBA players and staff as COVID-19 has spread in the league.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1349080734724546563?s=09

Also a moratorium on "special guests."
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

3 elderly relatives of my colleague in texas had moderna yesterday. no problems in 24 hours.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

i highly doubt nba will be able to stop covid without the bubble. i think all the procedures are pr.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
not sure about how y'all doing in cali but NY/NJ numbers is going up pretty high, double digit % positive rates in some counties. Essential workers have to self quarantine if exposed even with a neg test/no symptoms starting last friday (some still get exempt/hospital folks)

It is tough governator..and getting tougher in a lot of places. I have seen the numbers in NY and it seems they have increased to near 20K daily cases after being around 10K a month ago.

Right now it seems like LA is pretty much COVID central and probably the worse city as far as COVID spread in this pandemic ever. 15-20K daily cases have occurred in LA, that iss more than some countries like France.

And my feeling that is an understatement..for the last 2 weeks, the numbers seem to have flatten around 15-20K, but that seems to be because LA has reached maximum testing capacity. And there are more restrictions, like Kaiser is only allowing testing for those that have symptoms AND been exposed.

Also I am seeing significantly less people at the Health Center I work at because half of people who made appointments months ago, can't come because they got COVID. I think that maybe overexaggerated, but that is what the people who confirm appointments tell me. But its still a lot even it was an overstatement.

I heard certain places like Dodger's stadium where a lot of testing is done are going to switch half testing, half vaccine administration. This will lower testing capacity, but perhaps is necessary as the vaccine has become so much more important now.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:

It is tough governator..and getting tougher in a lot of places. I have seen the numbers in NY and it seems they have increased to near 20K daily cases after being around 10K a month ago.

Right now it seems like LA is pretty much COVID central and probably the worse city as far as COVID spread in this pandemic ever. 15-20K daily cases have occurred in LA, that iss more than some countries like France.

And my feeling that is an understatement..for the last 2 weeks, the numbers seem to have flatten around 15-20K, but that seems to be because LA has reached maximum testing capacity. And there are more restrictions, like Kaiser is only allowing testing for those that have symptoms AND been exposed.

Also I am seeing significantly less people at the Health Center I work at because half of people who made appointments months ago, can't come because they got COVID. I think that maybe overexaggerated, but that is what the people who confirm appointments tell me. But its still a lot even it was an overstatement.

I heard certain places like Dodger's stadium where a lot of testing is done are going to switch half testing, half vaccine administration. This will lower testing capacity, but perhaps is necessary as the vaccine has become so much more important now.

what happened to all those rapid tests that can be done anyone?

well i have delayed my physical and an elective procedure for more than 6 months now...
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

The Novavax shot is going to be the gold star.. Everyone is going to want it, the Supply probably won't meet the demand so it's going to be a while before you get it.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

The Novavax shot is going to be the gold star.. Everyone is going to want it, the Supply probably won't meet the demand so it's going to be a while before you get it.

i know the early trials data is really good, but novavax has a new adjuvant.
so i rather wait for GSK even if it is less effective.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:

well i have delayed my physical and an elective procedure for more than 6 months now...

yeah, we'll see with a new administration in 2 weeks if there would be a proper shutdown (I'm not really advocating it) plus massive vaccine roll out (2nd dose be damned) if it curb the spread within a month
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:

yeah, we'll see with a new administration in 2 weeks if there would be a proper shutdown (I'm not really advocating it) plus massive vaccine roll out (2nd dose be damned) if it curb the spread within a month

i dont think a shutdown will work with so many people ready to fight against it.

right now, is the problem that there is not enough vaccine or not enough people in the intended categories who wants the vaccine?

intuitively, waiting longer for the booster would not hurt the results. i guess the ability to double the # of people with 50% immunity is more important than worrying about 85% vs 95%. particularly there will be likely be protection against severe cases...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
governator wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
governator wrote:

i dont think a shutdown will work with so many people ready to fight against it.

right now, is the problem that there is not enough vaccine or not enough people in the intended categories who wants the vaccine?

intuitively, waiting longer for the booster would not hurt the results. i guess the ability to double the # of people with 50% immunity is more important than worrying about 85% vs 95%. particularly there will be likely be protection against severe cases...

might not curb spread if just one dose (but might be necessary to decrease death rate)... just hope people don't become reckless just by getting a dose

You're right about shutdown, we had a chance last year in the beginning but not possible now

Hang in there HCW, this nightmare will be over soon
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 119 of 130
Jump to: