View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The way to beat the Bucs is to pressure Brady. That's the chink in his armor. When Tom's pressured he gets happy feet. He's been countering that by getting rid of the ball. Brady ranks seventh in the NFL at 2.6 seconds per throw.

He has made some excellent hot reads this year......often it will be to Gronk, AB or the RB. Ronald Jones is atrocious at picking up the block on a blitz...and Fournette is not much better.

RoJo is making crazy errors this season, missing assignments left and right, and that doesn't take into account the fumble in Week 1. He is clearly a better runner than Fournette with the ball in his hands, and Fournette isn't a very good pass-catcher, but he can pick up the blitz and he'll just get what's blocked. He isn't very good, truthfully, but with as good as the Bucs offense is, they just need someone who won't screw things up. RoJo is playing himself out of time so far.

He's a better runner than Fournette, true.

He's worse than Fournette at catching passes. His drop rate is greater. But then neither of them excel in this category.

He's far worse than Fournette at pass protection, it isn't even close. Fournette is adequate in pass protection, whereas RoJo absolutely stinks.

The Bucs need to move on from RoJo. He's one dimensional and inconsistent. In fact having him on the field is either a poker tell for a run play or a potentially suicidal move for any QB.

The Buc OLine should be mentioned here as well. They are proficient at pass protection, but not particularly good at run blocking. Some nerd service published a misleading stat about them winning one-on-one battles, but that's absurd. The measure of an O Line in the running game is the ability to produce a running lane. The Buc O Line is just mediocre in that regard. During the Buc postseason you may have noticed Fournette creating his own opportunities as the OLine stalled.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

The Rams may have caught a break: Antonio Brown has been added to the reserve Covid list. He's vaccinated, so he'll need two negative tests that are at least 24 hours apart prior to Sunday.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
The Rams may have caught a break: Antonio Brown has been added to the reserve Covid list. He's vaccinated, so he'll need two negative tests that are at least 24 hours apart prior to Sunday.

He has time. Hope he's in the lineup. I want the Rams to play the best version of the Bucs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

He has time. Hope he's in the lineup. I want the Rams to play the best version of the Bucs.

Fair enough, but then shouldn't the Rams be their best version as well? They're without their first string running back and may be without their second choice as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Fair enough, but then shouldn't the Rams be their best version as well? They're without their first string running back and may be without their second choice as well.

It's like restaurant kitchen doors, they swing both ways. Of course, I want the Rams at their best also.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I doubt he plays....thought I heard he actually tested positive today (or yesterday)....I would love to see Tyler Johnson get some run. Still think he has a ton of potential.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The way to beat the Bucs is to pressure Brady. That's the chink in his armor. When Tom's pressured he gets happy feet. He's been countering that by getting rid of the ball. Brady ranks seventh in the NFL at 2.6 seconds per throw.

He has made some excellent hot reads this year......often it will be to Gronk, AB or the RB. Ronald Jones is atrocious at picking up the block on a blitz...and Fournette is not much better.

RoJo is making crazy errors this season, missing assignments left and right, and that doesn't take into account the fumble in Week 1. He is clearly a better runner than Fournette with the ball in his hands, and Fournette isn't a very good pass-catcher, but he can pick up the blitz and he'll just get what's blocked. He isn't very good, truthfully, but with as good as the Bucs offense is, they just need someone who won't screw things up. RoJo is playing himself out of time so far.

He's worse than Fournette at catching passes. His drop rate is greater. But then neither of them excel in this category.

He's far worse than Fournette at pass protection, it isn't even close. Fournette is adequate in pass protection, whereas RoJo absolutely stinks.

The Bucs need to move on from RoJo. He's one dimensional and inconsistent. In fact having him on the field is either a poker tell for a run play or a potentially suicidal move for any QB.

The Buc OLine should be mentioned here as well. They are proficient at pass protection, but not particularly good at run blocking. Some nerd service published a misleading stat about them winning one-on-one battles, but that's absurd. The measure of an O Line in the running game is the ability to produce a running lane. The Buc O Line is just mediocre in that regard. During the Buc postseason you may have noticed Fournette creating his own opportunities as the OLine stalled.

Giovani Bernard was supposed to help the pass blocking in the backfield. At some point, they need to get Vaughn some touches to see what he can do, because I doubt RoJo or Fournette are on the roster next season.

I consider the Bucs OLine....top half of the league. All of the starters are capable....Wirfs is probably the best....followed by Cappa/Marpet. Donavan Smith either has great games or horrible games....I think much of it is mental. Ryan Jenkins has flaws, but he provides some toughness to the group....guy has a mean streak....and he has became kind of the heart and soul of the OLine. Gronk is still an excellent blocker @ TE.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I doubt he plays....thought I heard he actually tested positive today (or yesterday)....I would love to see Tyler Johnson get some run. Still think he has a ton of potential.

He did. I also want to see what Johnson is about. If he turns out to be a good receiver the Bucs are just about a shoo-in to win the trophy. Especially if he can pass block.

BREAKING: Buccaneers WR Antonio Brown’s status vs. Rams in doubt after positive COVID-19 test LINK

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Giovani Bernard was supposed to help the pass blocking in the backfield. At some point, they need to get Vaughn some touches to see what he can do, because I doubt RoJo or Fournette are on the roster next season.

I consider the Bucs OLine....top half of the league. All of the starters are capable....Wirfs is probably the best....followed by Cappa/Marpet. Donavan Smith either has great games or horrible games....I think much of it is mental. Ryan Jenkins has flaws, but he provides some toughness to the group....guy has a mean streak....and he has became kind of the heart and soul of the OLine. Gronk is still an excellent blocker @ TE.

I don't think either Fournette or RoJo should be kept on the roster either. Despite RoJo being the senior RB, he still doesn't get it. He had two monumental brain farts in the last game, the talent that he possesses doesn't match his deficits. It's time to move on. Fournette is just OK, he excelled during the playoffs but I think over the course of the season he'll regress to the mean. He's not bad, but he is not exceptional either.

The OLine needs to be better at run blocking. Some of that might be coaching. Wirfs is good, but "good" is a step back from how he played last season. One recent lapse led to a Brady hit; a penalty kept that hit off the records. He is giving up more pressure. Cappa played well down the stretch before injury last season, but he looked bad at times during the preseason. Hopefully it was just rust; a Brady sack during preseason game 3 was from Cappa having a major brain fart. He stalled and stopped retreating during pass protection, opening a gap for the OLB. Marpet is a stud, one of the best guards in the game. Despite the recent oral diarrhea by Arians, Donovan Smith was responsible for that sack and fumble on Sunday. And of course Jenkins blocks well but his snaps are as erratic as his temper. He's gotten better with the stupid penalties, but the snapping seems to never improve.

One more note on Arians: I think Arians is playing a political game with Brady. It is obvious that Brady changes many calls from what Leftwich and Arians dictate. Brady was blamed for that sack and fumble, but that was pure stupidity on the part of Arians. Brady was sacked at the 3 second mark from behind by an EDGE defender that Donovan Smith should have blocked out. If you look at the replay, Brady stepped up into the pocket which is what he does at 3 seconds, and kept his vision upfield, which is exactly what a QB should do. Smith pushed his defender to the outside and well past Brady, which he did. But then he didn't stay with his assignment. The defender blew by him and crushed Brady, causing the fumble.

Now if Brady was holding the ball at 5+ seconds, Arians would have been right. And sometimes Brady does that, which is not a good thing. But on that play Brady did what he was supposed to do: Keep his vision upfield and trust his O Line at the 3 second mark. My guess is that Arians called for a shorter pass play and Brady disregarded the instruction. Or Arians is just being the loud mouth fool (yet again) in the press.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Rams-Bucs would seem to be lining up to be a high scoring game.

Bucs offense has been so weird this year.....very hot and cold. When it is clicking, it truly looks unstoppable.....it is as if they are playing against air. Then suddenly for several drives, one thing will go wrong, and it will go ice cold....a penalty, sack....just something that breaks the pace and puts them behind the chains.

The soft spot of the defense is the secondary. Carlton Davis (CB) and the safeties are above average.....but Dean and whoever is @ Nickel are vulnerable to give up big plays. I would not waste much effort trying to go heavy on the run....not many have had success in several years rushing against the Bucs defense.

I will take the Bucs....but it will be one of their toughest games on the schedule....of not the toughest. I think the line is 1 point in favor of the Bucs....which is basically a pickem per Vegas. Bucs have lost 6 of their last 7 against the Rams....including last season.

In terms of the offense, Brady was definitely out of sync during much of the second half. I think I know the problem: Too many running plays take Brady out of his passing rhythm. I think most of the early first half and early second half plays are heavily scripted and Brady just follows orders.

In terms of the secondary, remember draft night? I was pretty pissed that the Buc brain trust selected Trask in the second round. It was a WTF moment. Brady rarely ever misses games, it's a wasted pick. If Brady goes down, Trask won't even have his number called this season or possibly next season as he underwhelmed during the preseason practice. He was overdrafted, taking him in the second was stupid. What the Bucs really needed was CB depth, something I mentioned repeatedly before the draft.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

And the Bucs continue to drop like flies!

Jason Pierre-Paul, the Pro Bowler OLB will most likely miss Sunday's game due to a shoulder injury.

JPP is one of the more complete OLBs in the league, effective at pass rush, sealing the edge and dropping back into coverage. The Bucs fans overwhelmingly prefer Shaq Barrett who bookends on the strong side, but JPP is the far more complete player.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams injury updates for Sunday's game vs. Bucs:

- RB Darrell Henderson is dealing with rib issue, will be game-time decision
- OLB Leonard Floyd has nagging ankle issue, but will play
- CB Darious Williams is sick, negative for COVID. Game status not anticipated to be affected

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Jason Pierre-Paul, the Pro Bowler OLB will most likely miss Sunday's game due to a shoulder injury.

JPP is one of the more complete OLBs in the league, effective at pass rush, sealing the edge and dropping back into coverage. The Bucs fans overwhelmingly prefer Shaq Barrett who bookends on the strong side, but JPP is the far more complete player.

The two rookies will have to step up....Darden for Mickens (as a return guy) and Tryon for JPP.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:13 am    Post subject:

My pick: Rams 31, Bucs 24. Bucs are due to finally lose one, they come into Sunday a bit shorthanded, and I think the Rams are equipped to exploit their weaknesses.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

The two rookies will have to step up....Darden for Mickens (as a return guy) and Tryon for JPP.

Tryon-Shoyinka looks like he has a couple of nice moves and is adept at the speed rush. Based on what little I've seen out of JPP this season, he might even constitute a slight upgrade at rushing the passer. I'm not confident about his ability to seal the edge or drop into coverage. He looks like a rookie out there at times.

For all the excitement over Darden, he looks like a wet skyrocket so far. I can only go on what I've seen during the preseason, and he looks green as an NFL return man. They say he has nice wiggle and speed, but so far all I've seen is this guy running horizontal after the catch in an effort to beat everyone on speed. Maybe that worked in college with slower guys on the field, but he's looked remarkably mediocre at generating a return based on that move in the pros. Hand size isn't everything, but in general you don't want small hands on an NFL return man either due to the increased tumble action.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
My pick: Rams 31, Bucs 24. Bucs are due to finally lose one, they come into Sunday a bit shorthanded, and I think the Rams are equipped to exploit their weaknesses.

I'd take the Rams too and the extra point and a half is gravy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rams’ RB Darrell Henderson, who is questionable for Sunday due to a rib injury, is not expected to play today vs. the Buccaneers, per source.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1442075916801384448
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1442190729359491073?s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Concerns on rams offense is the running game. Can Sony Michel keep the Bucs defense honest. On defense can Leonard Floyd apply some pressure to Brady. He's playing on a bad ankle. Let's see if this game lives up to the hype. Final prediction Rams 30 Bucs 27.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

A lot of celebrities and athletes are in attendance for this game. Here are some of them I heard reported. LA sports is on fire.

Mike Tyson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Jason Sudeikis
Halsey
Kate Hudson
Leslie Mann
Judd Apatow
Kevin Hart
Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
DeAndre Jordan
Russell Westbrook
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
A lot of celebrities and athletes are in attendance for this game. Here are some of them I heard reported. LA sports is on fire.

Mike Tyson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Jason Sudeikis
Halsey
Kate Hudson
Leslie Mann
Judd Apatow
Kevin Hart
Kawhi Leonard
Paul George
DeAndre Jordan
Russell Westbrook

Lakers and Sailboat Crew hanging out.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Let's go Rams!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Good Start by the Defense 3 and out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Great stop, I'm surprised the Bucs didn't try to run for 1st down

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Kupp dropped what was almost a INT

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 228, 229, 230  Next
Page 41 of 230
Jump to: