Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 227, 228, 229  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

Raiders are just living off the legacy of their name and fans. The team right now is not good, their 5-7 record coming into the Rams game was deceptive in that they are a much worse team than the record indicates. I'm not surprised they are probably going to dump Carr after this season.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Raiders are just living off the legacy of their name and fans. The team right now is not good, their 5-7 record coming into the Rams game was deceptive in that they are a much worse team than the record indicates. I'm not surprised they are probably going to dump Carr after this season.

Raiders have not been real contenders going on exactly 20 years now......the 2002 season with MVP Rich Gannon, Charlie Garner, Tim Brown and Jerry Rice with Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson on defense. Boy I miss those days. I will say Al Davis moving the Raiders was a terrible move as most people in LA would rather have the Raiders than the Rams. With the popularity of the Raiders back then in LA transported to modern times, the LA Raiders could have become THE brand name in the NFL
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject:

That game last night was the first time in a looooong time that I saw heart and grit and effort and fire from this team. Love to see it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Not sure how excited I can be watching Baker do well for us...It's nothing that can be transferred, or built upon, going into next year, as Staff is the longterm option...And there are definitely other teams out there with crappy QB's who he could easily start for, which he should prefer over being a backup for any team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Not sure how excited I can be watching Baker do well for us...It's nothing that can be transferred, or built upon, going into next year, as Staff is the longterm option...And there are definitely other teams out there with crappy QB's who he could easily start for, which he should prefer over being a backup for any team.

Baker can be a good addition in the right system. I think this game demonstrates how bad the Broncos are this year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Rams put up 51 against the Broncos defense and still 4 minutes left in the game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Baker can be a good addition in the right system. I think this game demonstrates how bad the Broncos are this year.

What is demonstrates to me is how bad the coaching is. They have the talent. A coach's job is to get the max from the talent he has. Hackett wasn't getting it. IMO that's the reasoning management used to let him go.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Baker Mayfield's making a case to be a starter. I think what's being displayed is classic fools gold. Baker is Baker. I don't think he's a starter. I think he's a great backup.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Call me Foolish, but he is doing better than any of the other reserve QB's and better than Stafford did in several of his games, I know it's a small sample, but a win is a win...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Mayfield is actually a better option than Stafford if the offensive line is going to continue to suck. Stafford might not be a Joe Flacco-esque statue, but at his age and with the punishment his body has taken, he's not really equipped to evade rushers and get out on the move anymore, buy time, and make plays. At least Mayfield is still elusive enough to potentially do that, although we've seen enough of him by now to know that he'll make mistakes and deliver inaccurate balls eventually. The biggest mistake the Rams made this year was throwing money at A-Rob and even Wagner, in lieu of solidifying that offensive line. Wagner's still good, but they flat-out needed OL reinforcements. The defense was still good enough, and Wagner was more of a name-brand, luxury addition. Ask yourself who would be more important to the Rams this year, Austin Corbett or Bobby Wagner?

Anyway, priority #1 this offseason has to be to replenish that O-line. If you can't block up front, your team is not a contender. Football 101.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Cam Akers is back. The burst is back. Bodes well for next season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Cam Akers is back. The burst is back. Bodes well for next season.

Yeah. Because this one is ova.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Rumors are swirling that this could be mcvay's last game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

If true it shows how much can change over the course of a season. Guess he doesn't want to be around for the rebuild.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:

If true it shows how much can change over the course of a season. Guess he doesn't want to be around for the rebuild.

Suggests he doesn't think they will contend next year, so you have to wonder about Stafford's health despite anything he or the team says publicly. I don't know if the Rams would ever do this, but a total rebuild would make some sense if they don't think Stafford can hold up. They could get a truckload of picks if they moved Donald and Ramsey. Maybe you bottom out next year and tank for Caleb Williams lol.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Mark sanchez is pretty funny.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject:

That point after the pick was something
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Could the officials have handed that game to Seattle any more than they did? The Lions have to be sick.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Sucks to not have our first round pick with how bad we finished this year...Only silver lining is that our picks in the other rounds will be slightly better.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

My guess is McVay takes some time off before he makes a decision. The season was a rough one for everyone associated with the Rams.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Multiple sources with knowledge of the conversations say Sean McVay has been telling staff he will be back in 2023 (@diannaESPN first).
Additionally, he has begun evaluating changes/additions to his staff.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1613998008957566976?t=5NLGVxO6YTnuNUsFafJEnw&s=19
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sean McVay is returning to the Rams, meaning there currently are five head coach openings.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1613997408509169672?t=Kkz7C-gNyOk-wQVV9mGy0A&s=19
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

The Colts are interviewing Eric Bieniemy. He's been interviewed by a dozen teams during the yearly head coach cycles. Seems Eric has a plan but has trouble detailing it. He's been coaching since 2001. I hope the colts hire him. They hired Jeff Saturday who I don't think ever coached anywhere.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I am a bit surprised actually to hear McVay is coming back again next season.

I think he may regret this decision, other than his bank account of course.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am a bit surprised actually to hear McVay is coming back again next season.

I think he may regret this decision, other than his bank account of course.

TV will always be there waiting for him. I guess he's not done, and I assume he didn't want to go out on such a sour note.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
Page 198 of 229
Jump to: