BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - Ahmaud Arbery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 72, 73, 74  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19057
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

full video

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzZYfvFW-LM&has_verified=1&bpctr=1590546222
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 2983

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I'm a pretty hardened guy when it comes to viewing many troubling things similar to this - more so than I realize I'd like to be.

But the videos of this shockingly unnecessary and sadistic act just rips my heart and disturbs the hell out of me. I never need to watch again. The disgusting nature of it is seared indelibly into my mind and gut.


Same, that was brutal to watch.

To think, white people are protesting with firearms right now because they can’t go to a restaurant for a few weeks, yet they have the audacity to question things like Black Lives Matter who are literally protesting so they let not senselessly murdered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.


i wouldn't bat an eye and there'd might even be a sense of satisfaction to it.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 24761
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

We're in the social media age where the cops know that there's a strong possibility that everything is being recorded, one way or another (bodycam footage, bystanders shooting it on their cell phones, etc.), and these incidents STILL happen. Here is a case where the cop knows he's being recorded and he still not only continues to do what he does, but he mocks them.

Can you possibly imagine how widespread police corruption was pre-social media? Before 2000, let's say? There were definitely decades and decades of outright killing and fabrication of evidence at scenes. Think of how easy it would be for them to have basically had carte blanche before social media. African-American distrust of the police doesn't just come from nothing.

It's just so sad. It's getting really really difficult for me to just say "well, most cops are great, but there are a few bad apples." Seems like it goes beyond that. Like it's ingrained. Like it's not just some small minority who are bad apples.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89064
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

As someone with a law enforcement background, I can tell you both then and now that when cops see a white man they only notice him if he’s giving contextual clues (dress or behavior) that would tickle their radar, but when they see a black man, him being black IS that tickle of the radar.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89064
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject:

surprise surprise
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28418

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
We're in the social media age where the cops know that there's a strong possibility that everything is being recorded, one way or another (bodycam footage, bystanders shooting it on their cell phones, etc.), and these incidents STILL happen. Here is a case where the cop knows he's being recorded and he still not only continues to do what he does, but he mocks them.

Can you possibly imagine how widespread police corruption was pre-social media? Before 2000, let's say? There were definitely decades and decades of outright killing and fabrication of evidence at scenes. Think of how easy it would be for them to have basically had carte blanche before social media. African-American distrust of the police doesn't just come from nothing.

It's just so sad. It's getting really really difficult for me to just say "well, most cops are great, but there are a few bad apples." Seems like it goes beyond that. Like it's ingrained. Like it's not just some small minority who are bad apples.


The crowd was PLEADING for the cop to stop for a good 10 minutes and he still murdered him.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 10276
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.


i wouldn't bat an eye and there'd might even be a sense of satisfaction to it.



Just from the picture alone and reading people say he was saying he couldn't breathe makes me lose all compassion

He should be put down like a rabid dog. There is nothing worth saving that I can think of.. he murdered the man right in front of everyone because BECAUSE HE HAS A BADGE.. and is a racist diseased piece of trash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 10276
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're in the social media age where the cops know that there's a strong possibility that everything is being recorded, one way or another (bodycam footage, bystanders shooting it on their cell phones, etc.), and these incidents STILL happen. Here is a case where the cop knows he's being recorded and he still not only continues to do what he does, but he mocks them.

Can you possibly imagine how widespread police corruption was pre-social media? Before 2000, let's say? There were definitely decades and decades of outright killing and fabrication of evidence at scenes. Think of how easy it would be for them to have basically had carte blanche before social media. African-American distrust of the police doesn't just come from nothing.

It's just so sad. It's getting really really difficult for me to just say "well, most cops are great, but there are a few bad apples." Seems like it goes beyond that. Like it's ingrained. Like it's not just some small minority who are bad apples.


The crowd was PLEADING for the cop to stop for a good 10 minutes and he still murdered him.


Citizens Arrest is what should have happened. Someone should have hit that POS cop with a flying tackle to save the black man.
This (bleep) starts at the top.. obviously as Omar posted below.. ALL the way up

Cops need to police themselves properly and call out this BS or face riots and all the stuff that comes with them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89064
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're in the social media age where the cops know that there's a strong possibility that everything is being recorded, one way or another (bodycam footage, bystanders shooting it on their cell phones, etc.), and these incidents STILL happen. Here is a case where the cop knows he's being recorded and he still not only continues to do what he does, but he mocks them.

Can you possibly imagine how widespread police corruption was pre-social media? Before 2000, let's say? There were definitely decades and decades of outright killing and fabrication of evidence at scenes. Think of how easy it would be for them to have basically had carte blanche before social media. African-American distrust of the police doesn't just come from nothing.

It's just so sad. It's getting really really difficult for me to just say "well, most cops are great, but there are a few bad apples." Seems like it goes beyond that. Like it's ingrained. Like it's not just some small minority who are bad apples.


The crowd was PLEADING for the cop to stop for a good 10 minutes and he still murdered him.


Citizens Arrest is what should have happened. Someone should have hit that POS cop with a flying tackle to save the black man.
This (bleep) starts at the top.. obviously as Omar posted below.. ALL the way up

Cops need to police themselves properly and call out this BS or face riots and all the stuff that comes with them


There were four cops there. Anyone trying to jump in might have shared the same fate.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 10276
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
We're in the social media age where the cops know that there's a strong possibility that everything is being recorded, one way or another (bodycam footage, bystanders shooting it on their cell phones, etc.), and these incidents STILL happen. Here is a case where the cop knows he's being recorded and he still not only continues to do what he does, but he mocks them.

Can you possibly imagine how widespread police corruption was pre-social media? Before 2000, let's say? There were definitely decades and decades of outright killing and fabrication of evidence at scenes. Think of how easy it would be for them to have basically had carte blanche before social media. African-American distrust of the police doesn't just come from nothing.

It's just so sad. It's getting really really difficult for me to just say "well, most cops are great, but there are a few bad apples." Seems like it goes beyond that. Like it's ingrained. Like it's not just some small minority who are bad apples.


The crowd was PLEADING for the cop to stop for a good 10 minutes and he still murdered him.


Citizens Arrest is what should have happened. Someone should have hit that POS cop with a flying tackle to save the black man.
This (bleep) starts at the top.. obviously as Omar posted below.. ALL the way up

Cops need to police themselves properly and call out this BS or face riots and all the stuff that comes with them


There were four cops there. Anyone trying to jump in might have shared the same fate.


Can the city DA or state AG bring charges and arrest the officer(s)?
One of the "Very fine people" Trump supports

More detail about cops policing themselves I mean other cities and states Police Officers Demanding charges pressed on the murderer etc.. I think it would go a long way to helping some of the community struggles and bring accountability
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
There were four cops there. Anyone trying to jump in might have shared the same fate.


I think we all know that there are easily identifiable scenarios as to how that would go down.

White dude dives on cop in attempt to get the cop off the victim = White guy walks away in handcuffs charged with misdemeanor interfering with an officer.

Black guy dives on cop in attempt to get the cop off the victim = Black guy is the "deserving recipient of lethal force".
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26875
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
As someone with a law enforcement background, I can tell you both then and now that when cops see a white man they only notice him if he’s giving contextual clues (dress or behavior) that would tickle their radar, but when they see a black man, him being black IS that tickle of the radar.


From the Ahmaud Arbery Shooting Thread just 2 weeks ago:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The presumption, and how natural it is to white people, that a black man jogging...is inherently worthy of suspicion


My friends and I call it getting a BIP (black in public). BIP is a serious crime and for many the sentencing is capital punishment.

_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."


Last edited by kikanga on Tue May 26, 2020 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6557
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.

Giving that cop the death penalty would be stooping down to his level. I'd rather lock him up for life without the possibility of parole so that he'll suffer much longer than he would with a death sentence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 10276
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

So, I try not to watch videos like this and have not this one.. I read as much as I can to understand

7 Minutes?

On video the whole time?

I sincerely suspect this could be a beginning of some serious revenge attempts

That is Racial Humiliation...as DMR easily diagrams...

Imagine what they do when they can turn off the cameras?


Every leader everywhere should round those cops up and put them in a jail to protect them from what their freedom will cause the city

Panther Protection force or something like that?

Just wait til this video gets Russianized... played over and over on Facebook and other places. It would be so easy to abuse the energy in this legitimate outrage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.

Giving that cop the death penalty would be stooping down to his level. I'd rather lock him up for life without the possibility of parole so that he'll suffer much longer than he would with a death sentence.


Sorry, but vermin like that aren’t going to suffer by living out their life, even in prison. They’ll just spend their time in segregation safely away from any harm and will get to visit the miserable family members who support them. They’ll just while away the years convincing themselves that they are the true victims and they were just doing their job by getting another uppity black man out of society.

That cop and the 3 others who were complicit in that brutal murder deserve to go out the same way that poor man did. Gasping for air, pleading for their mom, and pissing themselves because of the horror and distress of the brutality. But we are more civilized than that, so a lethal injection instead for those scumbags is (bleep) gift to them.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 24761
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.

Giving that cop the death penalty would be stooping down to his level. I'd rather lock him up for life without the possibility of parole so that he'll suffer much longer than he would with a death sentence.


I know that's a common way that people look at it. I'm not going to begrudge anyone for not believing in the death penalty. As I said, I only believe in it under certain circumstances. This would be one of those circumstances for me. Maybe if we started executing some of these murderous police officers, they'd think twice about actually murdering people. George Carlin once said that the death penalty doesn't mean anything unless you use it on people who are afraid to die.

Also, he might get preferential treatment in the joint because of his police ties, who knows. Maybe he wouldn't suffer much in prison. I don't know and don't care. I just know I don't want him on this Earth anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89064
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

The problem is that the death penalty doesn’t actually act as a deterrent. It tends to make societies more murderous. And it just lowers the society to the level of the worst.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 24761
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The problem is that the death penalty doesn’t actually act as a deterrent. It tends to make societies more murderous. And it just lowers the society to the level of the worst.


How much lower can we get? We've already jumped the shark. As I said, I don't begrudge anyone for their views on this. But I don't think it's unreasonable to believe in the death penalty under certain circumstances. I'm not saying to just execute everyone who is found guilty of murder. But this dude? Yeah, kill him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26875
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

For every one of these cases there are countless others that we don't know about.
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 22206
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:46 am    Post subject:

Just wanted to point out that when peaceful protesters showed up last night to protest they were met with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Contrast that with the armed no-mask wearing yahoos that showed up with AR-15s in their state capitol building to protest social distancing and vehemently screamed at police from point blank range and were met with -- nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 32081

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just wanted to point out that when peaceful protesters showed up last night to protest they were met with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Contrast that with the armed no-mask wearing yahoos that showed up with AR-15s in their state capitol building to protest social distancing and vehemently screamed at police from point blank range and were met with -- nothing.

Exactly this.
_________________
Under New Management
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The problem is that the death penalty doesn’t actually act as a deterrent. It tends to make societies more murderous. And it just lowers the society to the level of the worst.


But no one is talking about using it as such in this instance.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The problem is that the death penalty doesn’t actually act as a deterrent. It tends to make societies more murderous. And it just lowers the society to the level of the worst.


How much lower can we get? We've already jumped the shark. As I said, I don't begrudge anyone for their views on this. But I don't think it's unreasonable to believe in the death penalty under certain circumstances. I'm not saying to just execute everyone who is found guilty of murder. But this dude? Yeah, kill him.


And it's not like society has grown worse because people like Timothy McVeigh have been executed. I'm with you. Execution as a general tool of punishment for murder isn't a good idea (for reasons of false convictions alone). However, in certain heinous and egregious acts like this murder under color of authority where guilt is unquestionable, I see no threat to the fabric of moral society.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Just wanted to point out that when peaceful protesters showed up last night to protest they were met with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Contrast that with the armed no-mask wearing yahoos that showed up with AR-15s in their state capitol building to protest social distancing and vehemently screamed at police from point blank range and were met with -- nothing.


Yep. As was said when the gun toting white dudes showed up to visibly intimidate the governor in Michigan, the PD just sat there passively and let it play out and everyone said there'd be no way that would happen if they were black.

There have been a number of these killings where there were peaceful protests were met with over the top and aggressive responses by the PD that escalated the situations into violence.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 2 of 74
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB