What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Louis CK is both incredibly hilarious and incredibly yuck. At least he didn’t actually assault people with his penis. Or (bleep) his step children.

Having now listened to his latest stand-up special without visuals, my God, he is one of the funniest human beings alive.

"Have fun and use all the holes.

How could you eat a perfectly fvckable pig."

So sayeth the Lord.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Louis CK: legit one of the funniest stand up sets I've ever heard.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject:

At this point, Webster's needs to change the definition for "cancelled" to "consequences" because that is the true meaning of it in today's usage.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

The term woke is dead. There needs to be a new one that the right wingers will ruin and twist into a pretzel in 2 months time. Wokeness is now as loaded and ugly a word to yokels that it's even worse than the L word.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Louis CK: legit one of the funniest stand up sets I've ever heard.

Thank you for turning me on to Louis CK. I found him very entertaining. For some reason, I didn't find his use of the N-word offensive.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

Keep my name out cho fn mouth.
LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

Men are allowed to have vasectomies, there's a push to make it illegal for women to have abortions. Misogyny at its apex.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Men are allowed to have vasectomies, there's a push to make it illegal for women to have abortions. Misogyny at its apex.

As much as I'm on the pro-choice side, this is an invalid comparison. The female equivalent to a vasectomy would be having one's tubes tied, not an abortion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
jodeke wrote:

As much as I'm on the pro-choice side, this is an invalid comparison. The female equivalent to a vasectomy would be having one's tubes tied, not an abortion.

OK, I concede unequal/invalid equivalency. I think you get my drift.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject:

EXPLAINER: What do new Alabama laws say on transgender kids?

LINK

Refusing medication could be life-threatening. I don't know this to be a fact thus could be. I understand but don't agree with the bathroom laws.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I think society has went way overboard in praising the stay at home parent as some sort of herculean job
Ive done both and being a stay at home parent is a cake walk to a real job in my book.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think society has went way overboard in praising the stay at home parent as some sort of herculean job
Ive done both and being a stay at home parent is a cake walk to a real job in my book.

How do stay at home taught children qualify for college?

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject:

This world would be a better place if women held most of the (official) positions of power.

President

Prime Minister

Premier

etc.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
This world would be a better place if women held most of the (official) positions of power.

President

Prime Minister

Premier

etc.

And this country is way behind much of the rest of the world in that regard, unfortunately.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

President

Prime Minister

Premier

etc.

And this country is way behind much of the rest of the world in that regard, unfortunately.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/06/politics/linda-(bleep)-us-coast-guard/index.html

Biden nominates first woman to lead US military branch
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

President

Prime Minister

Premier

etc.

I advocated something like this long ago. I was fearsly scolded.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Rules of war. War cannot be governed like boxing Marquis of Queensbury rules. It's a street fight. Survival of the fittest. Is it fair? NO! Do I understand how war is waged, YES!

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Rules of war. War cannot be governed like boxing Marquis of Queensbury rules. It's a street fight. Survival of the fittest. Is it fair, NO? Do I understand how war is waged, YES!

What you are advocating is the acceptance of war crimes. What you claim to understand is not legitimate warfare, but needless brutality.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Rules of war. War cannot be governed like boxing Marquis of Queensbury rules. It's a street fight. Survival of the fittest. Is it fair, NO? Do I understand how war is waged, YES!

What you are advocating is the acceptance of war crimes. What you claim to understand is not legitimate warfare, but needless brutality.

I'm not advocating anything. I'm offering my view on the reality of war. How do you legitimize war? The needless brutality is the war in itself.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'ma voice why? I don't know if any here are watching the series Bel-Air. The finale had Vivian (Cassandra Freeman) in a long-haired black natural wig. That ain't us. Our hair is short and coarse. If properly cared for it's beautiful.

Why in the hell is long hair, which is what Caucasians project to be beautiful and is false because they're mostly weaved, a thing being adopted and inserted by Hollyweird and the damned Blacks accepting them?

There was a time when Halle Berry's short hair style was the in thing. What in the hell happened? It wasn't perpetuated. We let it take a back seat and went with a conception. I'ma get on the James Brown bus, I'ma

SAY IT LOUD, I'M BLACK AND I'M PROUD!!!

I SAID, WE DIDN'T LAND ON PLYMOUTH ROCK! PLYMOUTH ROCK LANDED ON US!

Habari gani, my brothers, but I stay out of the Black Hair Wars. I have a wife, daughter & granddaughter. Wife had long hair when we met, cut it short when we married and has spent a quarter century plus trying to grow it back (now has braids down her back). Daughter has never cut her hair - wears a thick, full natural style, mostly. Granddaughter is a tweenager who, if she could, would have her hair dragging the ground like a Disney Princess.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not advocating anything. I'm offering my view on the reality of war. How do you legitimize war? The needless brutality is the war in itself.

I agree completely on that part.

The part that is wholly problematic is where you use that to justify an all out, unregulated "street fight" attitude. That's the approach of brutal war criminals like Putin who intentionally level civilian neighborhoods, killing women and children, to no actual strategic advantage other than to punish the innocent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree completely on that part.

The part that is wholly problematic is where you use that to justify an all out, unregulated "street fight" attitude. That's the approach of brutal war criminals like Putin who intentionally level civilian neighborhoods, killing women and children, to no actual strategic advantage other than to punish the innocent.

Where did I justify an unregulated "street fight"? My post is about the realities of war. What Putin is doing is the reality of war. He's a brutal dictator. The lives lost on either sides are of no concern to him. He wants to rule by any means neccessary. He doesn't care about the "rules of war" that's a reality.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

Christians who don't accept immigrants, the poor, racial and ethnic diversity, and the Christian queer community are hypocrites.

Also, Satan isn't behind everything they don't agree with or understand.

Love wins.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject:

Birria needs to pump its brakes...it's wayyyy overrated. It's not even as good as the basic tijuana style paleta ("carne asada") taco. Gringos and yelp bots in southern california are blowing it up which is taking valuable space and funding away from the one true king: vertical flame rotisserie adobada

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:24 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Birria needs to pump its brakes...it's wayyyy overrated. It's not even as good as the basic tijuana style paleta ("carne asada") taco. Gringos and yelp bots in southern california are blowing it up which is taking valuable space and funding away from the one true king: vertical flame rotisserie adobada

I don't know what style it is but the overstuff meat and potato burrito out of pomona is fire, the spices are on point (you gotta put the salsa picante tho)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 66 of 80
Jump to: