What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Leftists should whine less and instead move to purple/red states or join conservative organizations and subvert them from the inside.

Not just leftists. All Democrats should move to purple/red states.

But I get why people don't (myself included). Quality of life matters. And if you have a family or are planning to have one. Sacrificing their quality of life, for political beliefs, is a tough decision.

Yeah I definitely posted like mostly serious but a touch in jest just because I personally wouldn’t/cannot make that move. At least not today.

But I have given serious thought to joining the Federalist Society. Conservatives are easy to dupe and as someone who spent too much time in law school arguing with those idiots, I’m pretty well-versed in their lingo.

Being appointed by republicans as a lifetime judge and then stabbing them in the back ala Souter and revealing myself as a dyed in the blue Dem would be a dream
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Leftists should whine less and instead move to purple/red states or join conservative organizations and subvert them from the inside.

Yep, the problem is that the modern leftist is really just spoiled and entitled and screams that they want what they want and they want it now (while ignorantly and ironically claiming they are "progressive") without actually putting in the work to get it done. They just demand that everyone show up to vote the way they want them to, and if people don't follow along, they will withhold their vote, or "protest" vote, as a counterproductive punishment for not being acquiesced.

It’s a bit scary out there on the internet. You see a lot of “leftists” once again directing their ire at the party nearest them, instead of galvanizing themselves to combat Republicans at every level.

I’m not sure if what I’m seeing is real or just clever subterfuge by Russian bots - or even just garden variety trolling by our terminally online brethren. I like to think they are more practical on an organizational level, but the Bernie Bro to Alt-Right pipeline is still flowing so color me skeptical
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Seriously. There are consequential elections all over the country where abortion is on the ballot right now. If you live in Wisconsin, the only reason you still have access to abortion is because the state elected Democratic Governor Tony Evers in 2018 who is running for reelection now. If you don't vote him back into office, you will not only lose access to abortion for years or decades, but you may have Republicans in your state follow the path of Texas, Missouri, and other states that have made abortion illegal punishable up to life in prison or death for the woman receiving the abortion and any person who performs that abortion. Every miscarriage will be investigated as a murder case; insurers will not provide coverage for most or all of prenatal care; OBGYNs and obstetricians may flee your state. This is on top of the baseline horrors of forcing women to die in pregnancy/labor and forcing them to give birth to unwanted and/or nonviable foetuses.

That is on the ballot in states all over the country - WI, MI, PA, AZ, GA, etc
- and broadly for every American at the federal level. So why are you, leftist crank, b!tching incessantly about Biden not being a dictator instead of trying to help win local and state races where you have power to save girls', women's, and trans men's lives?

Cut, sorry for the delayed movie responses - they're comin'. Busy at work combined with Westbrook bs and the hell of recent politics have taken me out of the movie mindset at the moment.

Most of them just don't understand our government. "Why didn't we codify it . . . why didn't ruth retire . . . why didn't Biden block this . . . etc etc." Because we don't live in a dictatorship. Because we can't jam laws down an unwilling legislature. because even if Ruth retired, we've seen Mitchy baby block a nomination, and so on and so forth.

it's hard and takes time - good governance is not sexy, it's just hard.

And no worries bb - take your time.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

usc and Ucla moving to the big10 is a mistake.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I f'n hate CFB.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

I f'n hate CFB.

Same. I've been done with it since mid-2000s. I'm just about done with the NFL as well -- just waiting for my boy Tom to retire.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I f'n hate CFB.

Same. I've been done with it since mid-2000s. I'm just about done with the NFL as well -- just waiting for my boy Tom to retire.

Respect. I remember a reitired Junior Seau shooting a shotgun into his chest in order to preserve his brain for CTE analysis as the beginning of the end for me.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

*too much even for me*

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:49 am    Post subject:

The last post was a bit much, so to take the temperature down:

Dongles suck, right?

I go to listen to a song on my phone, I grab my headphones, and then.... where's the dongle?!??

Dongle?!??! Where?!!?!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:54 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

I wish we on the left had some kind of insidious longterm movement to make America into a fully functioning social democracy, just like how conservatives have had an insidious longterm movement to turn America into a Christian autocratic theocracy.

At this point, short of violence and other immoral things, I don't give a F how it looks. We just need to get it done, and if we get it done, our nation and everyone in it will be so much better off.

I wish the left had an evil genius like Karl Rove or Steve Bannon to help us out with this.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

Dongles suck, right?

I go to listen to a song on my phone, I grab my headphones, and then.... where's the dongle?!??

Dongle?!??! Where?!!?!

Uhhhhhh . . . Bluetooth anybody?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

I want wires where my audio listening is concerned.

Headphones

Record Player

Receiver

Speakers

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

FB Audio Set-up

Last edited by FernieBee on Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

Headphones

Record Player

Receiver

Speakers

I was there until recently. Still keep the wired earbuds for backup and still use a wired mouse, but went to EarPods and Bluetooth speakers.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Brittney Griner should've known better. I'd never travel with THC of any kind... in the states. Let alone a foreign country.

I know some people travel with edibles. I won't even do that.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Were those really hers, or were they planted there by Putin's lackeys?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:16 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

Headphones

Record Player

Receiver

Speakers

Totally get it for serious listening, but when just playing music on your phone, being encumbered by a chord is just a hassle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Headphones

Record Player

Receiver

Speakers

Totally get it for serious listening, but when just playing music on your phone, being encumbered by a chord is just a hassle.

Hard to find music with no chords
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

Headphones

Record Player

Receiver

Speakers

Hard to find music with no chords

An a cappella might do.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Dongles suck, right?

Dongle?!??! Where?!!?!

Yeah, when I'm working out. Otherwise gimme that cord - preferably without the need for a damn dongle.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Since Clerks III is coming out soon, I had a Chasing Amy take that might be a little too spicy for the regular film thread - it's actually aged well. It's very much a snapshot of the late '90s cultural environment in which sexuality was viewed as a strict binary rather than fluid. Bisexuality was "just a phase" on the path towards homosexuality for men; women were "just experimenting" by sleeping with another woman; the straights and gays were on "different teams" - a recurring pop cultural joke from the era - and "switching teams" was viewed with derision, suspicion, or even outright hostility.

Chasing Amy is about 2 (possibly 3) bisexuals trying to navigate the polarized social and sexual norms of the 1990s. Did Kevin Smith intend to do that in 1997? Hell no! But as steeped as he was in the era he stumbled into creating a time capsule of the sexual prejudices of his day in his effort to work through his personal experience on screen.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/father-china-abandons-5-old-225334709.html

What this dude did to the kid was wrong but my question is when parents separate and the father finds out the child is not his biological (wife cheated), should the biological father be responsible financially or him?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject:

Since Clerks III is coming out soon, I had a Chasing Amy take that might be a little too spicy for the regular film thread - it's actually aged well. It's very much a snapshot of the late '90s cultural environment in which sexuality was viewed as a strict binary rather than fluid. Bisexuality was "just a phase" on the path towards homosexuality for men; women were "just experimenting" by sleeping with another woman; the straights and gays were on "different teams" - a recurring pop cultural joke from the era - and "switching teams" was viewed with derision, suspicion, or even outright hostility.

Chasing Amy is about 2 (possibly 3) bisexuals trying to navigate the polarized social and sexual norms of the 1990s. Did Kevin Smith intend to do that in 1997? Hell no! But as steeped as he was in the era he stumbled into creating a time capsule of the sexual prejudices of his day in his effort to work through his personal experience on screen.

There was that flick "Threesome" (early 90s) with Lara Flynn Boyle and one of the lesser Baldwins. That one kinda jibes w/ your phase point.

Sidebar: No matter what they say now, Lara was hot at her peak, pre-Jack Nicholson, let's call it.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

Because of the playoff system in college football, the Big 10 and the SEC will become like the AFC and the NFC.

It is already affecting college basketball.

The playoff system in college football is ruining college sports.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Dongles suck, right?

Dongle?!??! Where?!!?!

I have Acoustic Audio AAT5005 Bluetooth Tower 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System with 8" Powered Subwoofer. Connected using Bluetooth + internal speakers.

It's an inexpensive system, $228.88. I use Bluetooth only when watching movies. I watched Top Gun: Maverick on my big screen with it. Great sound.

I plug into Pandora music o listen to my favorite artists. Luther Vandross blows me away. Pandora allows all genres. I have a lot of jazz, Dizzy Gillespie Miles Davis, Clifford Brown, Sahib Shihab, and like. Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, and Billie Holiday are a few female artists I listen to. The sound quality is good.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 69 of 80
Jump to: