Clippers: A History of Dissapointment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

The better team won last night. I haven’t been watching but Denver is for real. Proof that Malone >>>>>>>>> Doc.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Five picks, two swaps, and SGA for a blown 3-1 lead in the second round. What happens when Kawhi and PG opt out next year?

Lottery for 10 straight years. They don't have a 1st round pick until 2027 or something
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi and PG13 lowlights
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Five picks, two swaps, and SGA for a blown 3-1 lead in the second round. What happens when Kawhi and PG opt out next year?

Lottery for 10 straight years. They don't have a 1st round pick until 2027 or something

That's not true. They can't trade a FRP if it leaves them without any FRP in consecutive years. They don't have to have keep "theirs", but they must have at least one every other year in future years.

They traded their FRP in 2022, 2024, 2026 and MIA's 2021, 2023 FRP.
They gave OKC pick swaps on their FRP in 2023, 2025. So they still own a FRP, it just may not be their original pick if it's better than what OKC ends up with.

This is the status of their picks. They gave up all these FRPs/Swaps for Marcus Morris and PG13%
2020 - Knicks own
2021 - Pick swap with Knicks
2022 - OKC owns
2023 - Pick swap with OKC
2024 - OKC owns
2025 - Pick swap with OKC
2026 - OKC owns

D-D-D-D-DAMN!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:

This is the status of their picks. They gave up all these FRPs/Swaps for Marcus Morris and PG13%
2020 - Knicks own
2021 - Pick swap with Knicks
2022 - OKC owns
2023 - Pick swap with OKC
2024 - OKC owns
2025 - Pick swap with OKC
2026 - OKC owns

D-D-D-D-DAMN!

Well they have certainly done a sterling job in building for the future!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

The clippers are so pathetic. I mean, I almost feel bad for Ballmer, but he’ll be able to wipe his tears away with hundred dollar bills.

The Clips are done. I think this is the closest they get to sniffing a championship (yes, a 2nd round exit) in the next 10 years or so.

1) We know they mortgaged their future.
2) They don’t have the heart to come back from this. PG-13 has faced experienced plenty of playoff failure and has yet to mature from it. He’s 30. He’s done. Instead of rising to the challenge he has run from it.
3) Kawhi is an exceptional player except he doesn’t have the leadership qualities to lift everyone up.
4) Doc Rivers.
5) Next year, Kawhi will keep load managing and this will further suppress their chemistry and he will continue to have cardio issues in the playoffs. Against Denver, this guy was huffing and puffing in the 3rd quarter.
6) Their team is just not good. Beverly/Lou/Harrell, etc. are all one dimensional players.

Man, the only thing that can take the edge off of Kobe’s death is a Clippers collapse and our 17th Larry O’Brien. So far so good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
The clippers are so pathetic. I mean, I almost feel bad for Ballmer, but he’ll be able to wipe his tears away with hundred dollar bills.

The Clips are done. I think this is the closest they get to sniffing a championship (yes, a 2nd round exit) in the next 10 years or so.

1) We know they mortgaged their future.
2) They don’t have the heart to come back from this. PG-13 has faced experienced plenty of playoff failure and has yet to mature from it. He’s 30. He’s done. Instead of rising to the challenge he has run from it.
3) Kawhi is an exceptional player except he doesn’t have the leadership qualities to lift everyone up.
4) Doc Rivers.
5) Next year, Kawhi will keep load managing and this will further suppress their chemistry and he will continue to have cardio issues in the playoffs. Against Denver, this guy was huffing and puffing in the 3rd quarter.
6) Their team is just not good. Beverly/Lou/Harrell, etc. are all one dimensional players.

Man, the only thing that can take the edge off of Kobe’s death is a Clippers collapse and our 17th Larry O’Brien. So far so good.

I can't tell you how much I want this. I know a lot of people were poo poo-ing the rest of the season with what's going on in the world but franklly, on an emotional level, I need this bad (along with millions of other Lakers' fans).
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

CURSED !!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:18 am    Post subject:

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS: More Dissension in Clippers Organization

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/clippers-players-were-upset-with-organizations-preferential-treatment-towards-kawhi-leonard-per-report/

Hopefully this will lead to people wanting to leave, to opt out and trades that further weaken them...!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Bump
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: