No Thoughts and :-)) Ratings tonight...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: No Thoughts and :-)) Ratings tonight...

DB and family too sick. I'm on the IR tonight. If anyone else wants to give it a go, I will sticky it for ya.

Thanks.

Last edited by DancingBarry on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Hope you're all feeling better soon. I just got back from the CVS with fever relief supplies for the family.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Good deal. If this game continues as such, "T&R" would only make you sicker.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

That's ok, you didn't want to rate this one anyhow... really.

Feel better DB.
ki1983ng
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject:

get well soon
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject:

hope you feel better dude

hey how about we take over for DB today by committee? each one of us can take on one player and do smiley rankings and report for that player. ill take on a hard player to get us started.

Andrew Bynum -- -- Earned a DNP today. Nothing to report.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject:

The Lakers --

--

Nothing to report pathetic game nothingtheless we have had plenty of pathetic games it was just one of those days in Laker-land
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject:

get well soon
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry to hear that you and your family aren't feeling well. I hope you and your family get well soon. I want to thank you for your many reports on the Lakers that you have done.
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject:

Hey DB, get well soon!

I hope you'll be on board again for the next game.
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
The Lakers --

--

Nothing to report pathetic game nothingtheless we have had plenty of pathetic games it was just one of those days in Laker-land

I didn't know nothingtheless was a word O_O
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject:

Turiaf =
Prometheus8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

Take care DB, hope you're up and dancing again soon!
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Get well soon, DB.

Lakers dug their own grave with another flat 3rd quarter plus missing critical 4th Quarter FT's.

NKPOG = Refs. They totally bogged down the game into a 3 hour slogfest. 80 FT's? Either Pierce is too well respected by the refs, a can't-touch-him bubble boy or he's Violet Palmer's love child.

Only player I can single out as bringing it was Turiaf. I'll give some credit to the ROT for staging the late comeback, but where were they in the 1st 3 quarters?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

Overall - A show of heart after a strong lack of effort. It goes to prove that slacking hurts you in the end. Remember this boys and girls. Keep your heads up Laker fans. The goal was for the team to make the Playoffs. We all see more potential, but who knows what happens once the goal is achieved.

I'm not so angry about this game. I hate watching the team lose, but the game was entertaining. Phil showing why we drafted Turiaf and Sasha coming in to play inspired on both ends really were highlights. It also put a fire under Lamar and Smush and they responded well. They both missed free throws, but continued to be aggressive and active once they realized their jobs are really on the line.

Devean George played well. Pierce is just too much of a match up for him. I admire him for the effort and energy his displayed. He also played pretty damn smart.

Cook is good for 20-25 minutes a night and has really bought into the attitude of "I am a Laker. I live and die Purple and Gold."

Turiaf will soon displace Kwame, who will either realize that his replacement at PF just had open heart surgery less than 9 months ago and that there are no excuses or just wither away. Even Phil said in his post game interview he keeps Ronny on the floor if his conditioning is better. Ronny really sparked the New York Crew (Odom & Parker) and eliminated the dominance Boston was enjoying in the low blocks and offensive boards.

One-half year under Rudy T. and getting injured seems to have destroyed Luke Walton's confidence. He missed a wide open Lamar under the basket in the last play and his passing in general is not up to his level of par. He rebounded and played D well in the last 2 minutes, but the right decision on the last play gives us a W. His shooting has fallen off and I watched him play at Arizona for 4 years. His mid range game is nice, or should I say was.

Chris Mihm is hurt oppossed to injured. It is apparent. The guy has always had a fire similar to Turiaf, but the refs gave him no love. You can see him thinking about his shoulder. He needs to recouperate for a few more weeks and get right. I trust his abilities. He clearly came back to benefit the team and is not ready.

Kwame Brown is a bust. He does not love to play basketball. I fear he will never reach his potential and will be out of the league when this contract is up. He will go be a construction worker. Why not, he is already a brick layer? May be Ronny can wake him up. Still, it doesn't seem to be in his heart. I like the kid and wish him the best of luck, but until he realizes he has to get better and this is his best opportunity, all is lost. The one positive I saw was him speaking to Rambis during the last time out. His head was still on the game, even if it wasn't in it.

Kobe is great, but he is losing confidence in this squad. You can see fear of last year's collapse creeping into his play. The Clipper game really meant a lot to him. Not in terms of W's or L's, but in terms of knowing he has warriors to go to battle with. A sign of his desperation is the reach on Pierce in the last 5 seconds of the game. The foul should not have been called, but the reach should not have occcurred. It was nice to see the squad come back in the 4th with him only contributing 4 points. Maybe this will bring some of his confidence back in the guys on the floor with him.

Sasha is becoming a complete player. His offense is still limited, but that can approve. He really does a good job of applying pressure to opposing point guards. He is constantly getting in their faces and playing aggressive, clean D. In the next year or two if his mid range game improves and he learns how to drive to the hole he will be a nice player. He, along with Turiaf, really lit that fire on the New York Crew. He talks about how he works on every part of the game and we as fans have to realize certain areas will develop faster than others. I like the effort.

Smush Parker. Wow! He has the ability to be a true star in this league. Right now it takes him too long to wake up and smell the coffee. When his energy level is high, he dominates opposing point guards. His arms are long, his feet move well, he has quick hands, he can shoot the 3 and get to the hole with ease. Once he stops pouting and comes with it, this will be the steal of 2005-6 campaign for the Lakers (not including Turiaf and Bynum who were drafted). The first half through the first half of the 3rd his performance garners a C- due to a lack of effort and focus. The second half of the 3rd and 4th get a B. It would have been an A if he could make free throws and slightly better decisions on the fast break. I appreciate what he was trying to do getting the ball to Turiaf, but he should have just dunked on Delonte West. Speaking of dunks, that was a sic highlight in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Lamar Odom - this is the older, taller and higher paid version of Smush. Funny they come from the same background huh? It was nice to see him get his head in the game in the 2nd half after an almost non-existence 1st half. He really took over offensively down the stretch and was wide open on the last play. He even told Greg Anthony he was going to make a play before hitting the and 1 that tied the game. Alas, Devean had fouled out and Luke missed him wide open under the basket. You know you're open when Wally Z goes on national tv and says so in the post game interview. Once he and Smush wake up and come with it consistently (which in all reality probably won't happen), we can really do a lot of things as a squad.

Phil Jackson - I enjoyed his coaching. I like how he pulled certain players that were not playing with effort and inserted Turiaf and Sasha. The increase in the level of play was significant and really sent shockwaves to those guys who were slacking. The sad part is, he really doesn't have the experience on the bench besides George to go to.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

GET WELL SOON!

I have to work, I can't be typing this much every game day morning.

It really makes me appreciate what you do even more.

TRU_KOBE_FANS
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

Nice post psydesho!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

Thank you .

koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

Hope you're feeling better soon DB. Great job in the meantime psydesho.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Overall - A show of heart after a strong lack of effort. The goal was for the team to make the Playoffs. We all see more potential, but who knows what happens once the goal is achieved.

I'm not so angry about this game. I hate watching the team lose, but the game was entertaining. Phil showing why we drafted Turiaf and Sasha coming in to play inspired on both ends really were highlights. It also put a fire under Lamar and Smush and they responded well. They both missed free throws, but continued to be aggressive and active once they realized their jobs are really on the line.

Devean George played well. Pierce is just too much of a match up for him. I admire him for the effort and energy his displayed. He also played pretty damn smart.

Cook is good for 20-25 minutes a night and has really bought into the attitude of "I am a Laker. I live and die Purple and Gold."

Turiaf will soon displace Kwame, who will either realize that his replacement at PF just had open heart surgery less than 9 months ago and that there are no excuses or just wither away. Even Phil said in his post game interview he keeps Ronny on the floor if his conditioning is better. Ronny really sparked the New York Crew (Odom & Parker) and eliminated the dominance Boston was enjoying in the low blocks and offensive boards.

One-half year under Rudy T. and getting injured seems to have destroyed Luke Walton's confidence.

Chris Mihm is hurt oppossed to injured. It is apparent. The guy has always had a fire similar to Turiaf, but the refs gave him no love.

Kwame Brown is a bust. He does not love to play basketball. The one positive I saw was him speaking to Rambis during the last time out. His head was still on the game, even if it wasn't in it.

Kobe is great, but he is losing confidence in this squad.

Sasha is becoming a complete player. His offense is still limited, but that can approve. He, along with Turiaf, really lit that fire on the New York Crew.

Smush Parker. Wow! He has the ability to be a true star in this league. Right now it takes him too long to wake up and smell the coffee. The first half through the first half of the 3rd his performance garners a C- due to a lack of effort and focus. The second half of the 3rd and 4th get a B.

Lamar Odom - this is the older, taller and higher paid version of Smush. He really took over offensively down the stretch and was wide open on the last play.

Phil Jackson - I enjoyed his coaching. I like how he pulled certain players that were not playing with effort and inserted Turiaf and Sasha. The increase in the level of play was significant and really sent shockwaves to those guys who were slacking. The sad part is, he really doesn't have the experience on the bench besides George to go to.
DB - get better soon and "psydesho" - nice job
I agree that the goal is to do serious damage in the playoffs. Even with their recent streak of BAD games, they are still 1 1/2 games in front of Utah, while only 1 1/2 to 21/2 games out of 6th place - the ideal playoff position.

PJ is starting to give PT to players that deserve to be on the court - best example is Turiaff and Green. Hopefully Smush knows that for him to keep getting his normal PT - he has to play defense and not make stupid/lazy passes that leads to unnecessary TOs?!?!

Looks like PJ is shaping this squad into a team filled with players that can play at the necessary high energy level between 15 to 20 minutes while playing with players who will be there during crunch time (i.e. Kobe, DGeorge and MAYBE LO).

PJ may have found an "Energy Squad" in playing a combination of Turiaff, Sasha, DGeorge, Kobe and Bynum (maybe) that provides the needed intensity?!?!
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

They just didn't had energy to start the 3rd quarter. They played in slow motion.
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Descent work Psydesho. Appreciate it.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Thanks all, feeling better today.

psydesho -- -- Nice work.

Quote:
Even Phil said in his post game interview he keeps Ronny on the floor if his conditioning is better. Ronny really sparked the New York Crew (Odom & Parker) and eliminated the dominance Boston was enjoying in the low blocks and offensive boards

There have been a couple games this year where his spark might have lifted us to wins. Hopefully, he continues to get PT and deliver results. Don't know if Kwame will rise to the challenge that Turiaf will bring.

I was glad to see Phil bench the guys last night. That seemed to wake up a couple people momentarily.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:

- I was kind of dissapointed Kobe didnt take over in the second half. He only attempted like 3 shots in the 3rd and I think 4 in the 4th(not sure.) Honestly this was the first time this season I felt Kobe looked a bit "scared" and uncertain on what to do. He couldnt stop Pierce. His 3 pointers werent dropping. Usually when someone provokes him(Pierce grabbed his neck in the second quarter) Kobe usually goes into agressive mode. I didnt really see that down the stretch.

- odom, kwame, and smush clearly got high before the game.
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Positives
Turiaf- He's a smart, hustle type player. He uses his head instead of just standing around watching. When kobe would attack the basket he would get into open position next to the basket so that if kobe had to dump it off, he was right there for the open basket. I can't wait till he gets enough conditioning so that he can play alot of minutes.
Sasha- He's becoming a solid player. He caused alot of problems for delonte west, and he still has alot of room to grow. Once he gets comfortable shooting in the real game, that comibined with his effort, he'll be a solid role player for us.

Negitives
Defense- it was atrocious. Mainly the permiter defense. Kobe was gambling alot and it created alot of easy baskets for them. Our defense needs to improve.
Effort- Besides kobe, sasha, turiaf, and george, mihm when he's in the game, I just don't see enough effort on both sides of the ball. We would win alot more games if they would just put in more effort. They need to play the whole game, not just a few quarters.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: