🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/15/kliff-kingsbury-tests-positive-for-covid-wont-coach-this-weekend/

Quote:
Kliff Kingsbury tests positive for COVID, won’t coach this weekend
Posted by Mike Florio on October 15, 2021, 8:23 PM EDT
San Francisco 49ers v Arizona Cardinals
Getty Images
When the 5-0 Cardinals face the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday, Arizona won’t have its head coach.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has tested positive for COVID, and he will not be present for Sunday’s game against the Browns.

Cardinals defensive end Chandler Jones already is expected to miss the game due to a COVID diagnosis. Not having Kingsbury will make it even harder to win.

That said, the Browns steamrolled the Steelers in the playoffs in January without coach Kevin Stefanski, who missed the game due to a positive COVID diagnosis.

Kingsbury is the first head coach to miss a game this season due to the infection.

UPDATE 8:25 p.m. ET: The Cardinals have announced Kingsbury’s positive test. Also testing positive were quarterbacks coach Cam Turner and defensive tackle Zach Allen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Browns are missing Nick Chubb.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Brady looked good on opening drive.

Goat doing Goat things. What a legend. MVP season.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

Brian flores got outcoached by Urban Meyer. Tough scene.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

Mahomes being Mahomes. Throwing across his body for 19 to Hill.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Hill has to be in the top 5 for RAC.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Kyler Murray is another running QB with a good arm. Running QB's are becoming the new way at the position. Pocket passers are becoming a thing of the past.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Dallas is playing New England tuff. No Brady. 14 10 Pats

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Dolphins and Giants are the two worst teams in football. I think the Jags and Jets are both better. I'm giving Houston a pass because they're sitting Watson.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Not a smart play by Dallas. Should have gone for it 4th and 1. Zuerlein hasn't been that good all season.

Diggs may have saved Dallas's ass with an INT. 2:27 left. That would be a lot of time if Terrible Tom were playing.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Jones hit a 75 yard TD to put Pats on top

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Zuerlein finally hit a FG. Tie 29 29 probably going to OT

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Cowboys win in OT 35 29. Raiders win their first game without Gruden 34 24 over Denver

I've been watching NFL Sunday Ticket on my IPTV. When I viewed my DTV bill online I saw where I was charged $13.58 past due. I pay all my bills in full monthly. I called DTV to see what was happening.

The explanation wasn't to my satisfaction. I told the agent I was seriously thinking about dropping the service. She said DTV may be able to save on my bill. The wait for the billing department took too long. I hung up.

DTV called me back. They reduced my bill from $169.00 a month to $99.00 for 1 year. I also get NFL Sunday Ticket free for the season. I've been getting NFL Sunday Ticket free all season for being a valuable long time customer and I didn't know it.

I'm good to go for a year.....

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I think Josh Allen will win regular season MVP

I also think we could see a Bills/Cowboys SB with the Cowboys winning it.

Diggs vs Diggs in the SB.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

A fan ran on the field and was being chased by security in the Pittsburgh game. The NFL doesn't show the chase anymore. The 15 minutes of fame has been eliminated. All you get now is a fine and possibly a ban.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A fan ran on the field and was being chased by security in the Pittsburgh game. The NFL doesn't show the chase anymore. The 15 minutes of fame has been eliminated. All you get now is a fine and possibly a ban.

I agree with why they do not show it.....still, often wish I could watch it!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think Josh Allen will win regular season MVP

I also think we could see a Bills/Cowboys SB with the Cowboys winning it.

Diggs vs Diggs in the SB.

I know the Cowboys have talent on both sides of the ball and are 5-1, but I'm not sold on them reaching the SB. They'd have to beat a couple of good teams to make their case.

I'm still going with the Bucs or Packers to win the NFC, at least for now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with why they do not show it.....still, often wish I could watch it!

Me too.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I'm still going with the Bucs or Packers to win the NFC, at least for now.

Watch out for Cardinals or Rams as a dark horse.

To me, Kyler Murray is league MVP so far this season.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Zuerlein finally hit a FG. Tie 29 29 probably going to OT

That New England team might be hard-pressed to win 7 games this season. I really don't think they have an identity on offense. They have a rookie QB who has excellent poise and a good enough arm to make the throws but they keep him on training wheels. They also some decent RBs, an unexpectedly bad offensive line, and a below average set to receivers. They simply don't do anything particularly well on offense. On defense they have a decent secondary and an uneven front seven.

The coaching has declined. In my opinion, some of that decline might be due to nepotism. When you have a head coach who elevates his kids, it can have a negative effect on the rest of the front office. It's no different in the business world.

That last play in OT summarizes the ineptitude. NE disguised a cover zero to look like a cover one, when in fact it was actually a camouflaged run-stop formation. For the life of me, I didn't get it. The entire purpose of putting 10 shallow either on the line or in the box is to pressure the QB into making a mistake. The tradeoff is that it leaves your CBs very vulnerable. The lone deep man (FS McCourty) wasn't really playing a true FS, he was playing more like a CB surrendering cushion to the TE. That left no one high... no one who could provide help. Meanwhile Jalen Mills who is the weak leak at starting CB is left on an island against Dallas' very high quality WR corp. Stupid. For what? Instead of pressuring the passer which is what you expect on a glorified cover zero, the defensive front pushes but does not open pass rushing gaps BY DESIGN. Crazy, the were fixated on stopping the run. For what reason? It was 1st and 10 at the New England 35. Had Zeke ran to the outside or caught a screen pass, the Patriots would have at best caused a two yard loss. Who cares? Dallas has Zuerlein, losing two yards in that field position wouldn't make much different to Zuerlein, and besides Dallas still had two more downs coming anyway. By committing 10 guys to a poorly designed run or screen defense, the Patriots were not (again by design) able to apply any pressure on Dak, which gave Dak all the time in the world to either hit a receiver, and gave the Dallas WR all the time in the world to gain max separation. And that's exactly what happened. Dalk had all day to throw while the Dallas WR Lamb had a good three step separation on Mills for an easy TD.

I'm not sure who to blame for this stupidity, but it was against what Bill Belichick always preaches: situational football. This was the wrong defensive play call for that situation. So who called it? It was either Bill or his son Steve Belichick, who is the de facto defensive coordinator.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Tennessee came to play against the Bills....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Virtually no chance of stopping Josh Allen on a QB sneak when it's 4th and a foot, unless there's a botched snap or that, a slip. Insane that it ended that way. It was definitely the right play to go for it, as playing for OT there is a 50/50 proposition to lose on the coin toss because the Titans were scoring at will in the 2nd half/4th quarter. A successful sneak had to be 95% probability there.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Virtually no chance of stopping Josh Allen on a QB sneak when it's 4th and a foot, unless there's a botched snap or that, a slip. Insane that it ended that way. It was definitely the right play to go for it, as playing for OT there is a 50/50 proposition to lose on the coin toss because the Titans were scoring at will in the 2nd half/4th quarter. A successful sneak had to be 95% probability there.

Weird, I composed the same probabilities in my mind, right before Allen tried the QB sneak which was the right play call. A FG from such a short distance has a 95% probability at that range, which is then followed by an OT coin flip which is a 50% probability, yielding a 47.5% probability of winning the game. Allen had a greater chance of scoring on the sneak than 47.5%, so going for the win in that situation was the right play call.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

Here's the question in my mind: When does it make sense to go for a new set of downs on fourth down. I would imagine the answer has several variables including how many yards to go, current field position, opponent's abilities on short pass and run defense, your own capabilities in generating short yardage, home field or away, and perhaps even score differential and time remaining in the game. I think every forward thinking team should have the number crunching available in real-time, communicated to the head coach over the headset.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I would always go for it in that situation and the play call is hard to argue agafinst.

The play execution from the Bills perspective was sloppy and the one D Lineman for the Titans made an amazing play knifing right into the hole on the snap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 82 of 335
Jump to: