šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Yikes. Win your division and lose to the 3rd best team (by record) in the NFC West.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Yikes. Win your division and lose to the 3rd best team (by record) in the NFC West.

The Cowboys disappointment was extra special this year.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Looks like beating up on the WFT and others by 40 points isn't indicative of quality.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I think both teams just demonstrated that regardless of who won, the winner is going to have a very hard time advancing playing like that.

No way the Niners beat the Packers in GB. Aaron Rodgers is winning it all this year.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Mahomes' whole shtick was playing like Favre with results like Rodgers. Unfortunately, he is looking more and more Brett like with every season. And before people go blaming his Oline, it's top 5 in the league.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
While I thought the umpire did a questionable job at the end there with running into players and then putting it down in the wrong spot at first, you can't expect the officials to be perfect in these scenarios. You just can't run that play right there with so little time left. The 49ers had let them take those free 10 yard plays to the sideline but then they came out in a no sidelines defense on the final snap. At that point, you have to just take 2 shots at the end zone from where you are. Anything inbounds there and it was going to take a perfectly-executed spike to still have time on the clock. Just far too much downside with trying to get the ball 15 or so yards closer right there.

What an insanely crazy finish, with both teams doing their best to basically choke it away. Mike McCarthy vs. Kyle Shanahan, two chokers enter, one man moves on with a win LOL.

Not even remotely his fault. Like Tony said, the Boys should never have tried to set the ball themselves, and they blocked access to the ball for the ref.

Actually, what you can do is literally hand the umpire the ball. Instead of him grabbing it from the ground. To expedite the process. But yes, questionable was not the right word. As I noted, you can't expect the official to perfectly execute something at warp speed like that. YOU might be ready as a team, but to expect the official to be at the exact same speed as you are is not smart. They had zero margin for error and it would have had to literally be put down perfectly with zero wasted time for them to have still had a second left. And you can't take that risk when you run that play.

Sorry, but I'm confused. Everything you are saying absolves the ref that you are blaming for questionable actions. That last play blunder had nothing to do with the official.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Shanahan did everything he could to botch the game from playing for FG's to not going for it on 4th and 1 from the 50 to ice the game.

Giving the ball back to Dallas when they were going to go 4 downs to try and win was a terrible decision despite the final result.

Shanny is going to need to locate his balls before the next game, that said I will take it as Dallas is overrated and fattened up on the worst division in football.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I think both teams just demonstrated that regardless of who won, the winner is going to have a very hard time advancing playing like that.

No way the Niners beat the Packers in GB. Aaron Rodgers is winning it all this year.

I dunno.. there's some dude in Tampa Bay.. naaaa..
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I guess we'll find out next week. Which team is home?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

GB. Beating Aaron in GB in the dead of winter is going to be a tall, tall order.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

SF has bludgeoned GB in GB in the recent past. It's well within the range of outcomes.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I can't stress enough how awful the KC offensive gameplan has been so far. Beyond pathetic.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

GB. Beating Aaron in GB in the dead of winter is going to be a tall, tall order.

Brady played for many years in Gillette. If there's a player that's up to the task, it's Brady. Brady has more than 3 times the amount of postseason wins than Rodgers. Not saying TB will win, but the idea that Rodgers has the winning hand is not a sure bet.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Brady played for many years in Gillette. If there's a player that's up to the task, it's Brady. Brady has more than 3 times the amount of postseason wins than Rodgers. Not saying TB will win, but the idea that Rodgers has the winning hand is not a sure bet.

True. I've learned after that comeback against Atlanta in the Superbowl to never, ever, ever count out Tom.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

^
It will be SF at GB next week. The winner of Rams/Cards will travel to Tampa Bay.

KC finally woke up. 7-7 game.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
It will be SF at GB next week. The winner of Rams/Cards will travel to Tampa Bay.

Got it thanks.

Am I the only one that isn't confident the Rams are going to get it done. Feels like on any given week, they can lay an egg. Plus bad Matthew Stafford has been rearing his head for the last few weeks.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^

Got it thanks.

Am I the only one that isn't confident the Rams are going to get it done. Feels like on any given week, they can lay an egg. Plus bad Matthew Stafford has been rearing his head for the last few weeks.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Got it thanks.

Oh it's a dangerous game for the Rams, there's no doubt about it. I do think the Cards are a better opponent for them than the 49ers would have been just based on recent history, but anytime you have a QB with that kind of skill and dual threat ability, it's a dangerous game. I do think the Rams will win, but if bad Stafford shows up (and he has for the past 3 games), then who the heck knows.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what the ratings were for the Dallas/SF game. Could very well be the highest viewed non-Super Bowl game ever, or right near the top
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Got it thanks.

Straight up, I am still leaning towards the Rams but I could see them laying an egg at home like the Cowboys did today.

4 points seems like 1 too many to give potentially here, I think it will be the closest game of the weekend.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Shanahan did everything he could to botch the game from playing for FG's to not going for it on 4th and 1 from the 50 to ice the game.

Giving the ball back to Dallas when they were going to go 4 downs to try and win was a terrible decision despite the final result.

Shanny is going to need to locate his balls before the next game, that said I will take it as Dallas is overrated and fattened up on the worst division in football.

They went for it on 4th and 1 with the QB sneak? Got it but Jimmy didnā€™t allow the lineman to get set.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I wonder what the ratings were for the Dallas/SF game. Could very well be the highest viewed non-Super Bowl game ever, or right near the top

Traditional playoff rivalry game and the added bonus of Cowboys fans who think they could win the Super Bowl....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

They went for it on 4th and 1 with the QB sneak? Got it but Jimmy didnā€™t allow the lineman to get set.

There were just a few minutes left when Shanahan opted against a fourth-and-one attempt from the Dallas 49-yard line that, if successful, might have sealed the victory.

Under 3 minutes left, 4th and 1 up 6 points and he punts.

Brutal! But glad it worked out as I had the 49ers.

Last edited by LakerLanny on Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject:

OK the Chiefs finally realized there was a game going on. Just don't turn it over in the 2nd half and they will win easily.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I just watched the last play of the Dallas game again, as they showed it on the NBC halftime show. As Tony Dungy is explaining right now, Prescott should have held the ball after going down and handed it to the official. By placing it on the ground, it probably cost them a second and a half or maybe even two seconds. Now, maybe the official, in his haste, still runs into a player and doesn't get it down in time. (As DMR has said, you can't blame the official for trying his best in a situation like this and you can't expect complete perfection from an official in trying to hurry up.) But this is something that should be practiced and it's quite clear, from a former coach's perspective, that this play should be practiced and that the player who goes down in the field of play should get up and have the football and should hand it off to the official for the quickest possible placement.

They still would have been facing low odds of winning, so we can't say it cost them the game, of course. Still, the fact that the player didn't hand the ball to the official, when their play call was going to be cutting it very close as far as time left was concerned, shows a total mismanagement from the Dallas coaching staff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 115 of 335
Jump to: