View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Shanahan did everything he could to botch the game from playing for FG's to not going for it on 4th and 1 from the 50 to ice the game.

Giving the ball back to Dallas when they were going to go 4 downs to try and win was a terrible decision despite the final result.

Shanny is going to need to locate his balls before the next game, that said I will take it as Dallas is overrated and fattened up on the worst division in football.

They went for it on 4th and 1 with the QB sneak? Got it but Jimmy didnā€™t allow the lineman to get set.

There were just a few minutes left when Shanahan opted against a fourth-and-one attempt from the Dallas 49-yard line that, if successful, might have sealed the victory.

Under 3 minutes left, 4th and 1 up 6 points and he punts.

Brutal! But glad it worked out as I had the 49ers.

A few minutes left is an eternity when it comes to getting the one score that Dallas needed to tie it up. And if you fail to convert that fourth down with a few minutes left at mid-field you are handing Dallas the gameā€”especially since the Niners weren't playing great offense late in the game.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Shanahan did everything he could to botch the game from playing for FG's to not going for it on 4th and 1 from the 50 to ice the game.

Giving the ball back to Dallas when they were going to go 4 downs to try and win was a terrible decision despite the final result.

Shanny is going to need to locate his balls before the next game, that said I will take it as Dallas is overrated and fattened up on the worst division in football.

They went for it on 4th and 1 with the QB sneak? Got it but Jimmy didnā€™t allow the lineman to get set.

There were just a few minutes left when Shanahan opted against a fourth-and-one attempt from the Dallas 49-yard line that, if successful, might have sealed the victory.

A few minutes left is an eternity when it comes to getting the one score that Dallas needed to tie it up. And if you fail to convert that fourth down with a few minutes left at mid-field you are handing Dallas the gameā€”especially since the Niners weren't playing great offense late in the game.

There was only like 2:40 on the clock or something like that when it was 4th and 1 there, so I thought that was a tough decision. I probably would have went for it, since failure there isn't a death knell because they still need to score a TD and it's not like they can just have a short field to get into FG range and then tie or beat you. If you make the first down on 4th and 1, you're on the edge of FG range and you might be able to kick a FG even if you don't get another first down, and then you ice the game right there if you go up by 9. So I think the reward was worth it, while the downside wasn't a death blow by any means.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
What a deeply incompetent ref.

How to turn enough time for 2 plays into one.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1482880568412893185
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Took a while to get going but the Chiefs offense is warmed up and ready....Steelers went from being tied to being down 3 TD's.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Was a nice run for the Steelers but Chiefs are going to take it from here....blowout coming.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah this one is a laugher now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, no Super Bowl run for the Steelers...this one is over.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

There was only like 2:40 on the clock or something like that when it was 4th and 1 there, so I thought that was a tough decision. I probably would have went for it, since failure there isn't a death knell because they still need to score a TD and it's not like they can just have a short field to get into FG range and then tie or beat you. If you make the first down on 4th and 1, you're on the edge of FG range and you might be able to kick a FG even if you don't get another first down, and then you ice the game right there if you go up by 9. So I think the reward was worth it, while the downside wasn't a death blow by any means.

Not a death blow, but the way the Niners were playing late in the game, a huge risk that wasn't worth it in my opinion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Yeah this one is a laugher now.

Yep! And I am laughing and joyful to watch that POS Roethlisberger go down in his last game this way.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Took a while to get going but the Chiefs offense is warmed up and ready....Steelers went from being tied to being down 3 TD's.

Everyone gave up on the Chiefs mid-season but they are still a very good team.

I think Buffalo goes to the Super Bowl this year though from the AFC.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

It is a shame Indianapolis or the LA Chargers didn't make the playoffs as either would have been a better representative than Pittsburgh. Big Ben is done and so are the Steelers.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Buffalo @ KC
Bengals @ Titans
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
It is a shame Indianapolis or the LA Chargers didn't make the playoffs as either would have been a better representative than Pittsburgh. Big Ben is done and so are the Steelers.

Yep, they can't trade points with the Chiefs, their team isn't built for that.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Buffalo @ KC
Bengals @ Titans

Two great games, on paper. Allen vs. Mahomes, AFC Championship game rematch, Buffalo beat them this year in the regular season. Can't wait for that one. As for the other game, we just have to see if Henry is effective for the Titans. If he is, that makes their passing game all the better too. And of course Burrow is the real deal so it will be fascinating to see if he can take them on the road and pull off another win. Given the Titans' potential issues, it feels very do-able for Cincinnati. And both Tennessee and Cincy have fairly recent victories over KC. (Cincy just a few weeks ago, and Tennessee during last year's regular season.)

In the NFC, the 49ers are not the typical #6 seed from an efficiency standpoint, with both a top-10 offense and defense, so the Packers will need to be on their game. Especially since the 49ers under Shanahan have physically manhandled the Packers a couple of times, including in the NFC Championship a couple of years ago. As for the other game, I would have to imagine that the Bucs would much rather draw the Cardinals, because the Rams have given them problems and have the better defensive line, unless you think JJ Watt is going to come back and be a force off the injury. (And even then, the Rams still have the better D-line.) I'd still favor Tom Brady over Matthew Stafford in the playoffs, to be clear, but I'd have to think that the Bucs would rather see the Cards.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Regarding the Dak QB run...

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
Ā·
1h
I'm told OC Kellen Moore called the QB run and Mike McCarthy was on the headset to OK it. Not either's finest hour. Dak should have checked off. I don't get any of it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
Ā·
1h
I'm told OC Kellen Moore called the QB run and Mike McCarthy was on the headset to OK it. Not either's finest hour. Dak should have checked off. I don't get any of it.

I mean what was the end goal to running? Take time off a clock you can't stop only to gain a dozen yards?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

So did I, I bet the money line. The reason for the ? was because there were a couple of times he was criticized for 4th down calls.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Steelers may be the worst playoff team that I can recall...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Worse than the Patriots?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
Ā·
1h

Whats hilarious is that Kellen Moore was tabbed to replace Mike McCarthy if he is fired....guess they are gonna keep their playoff futility alive no matter who is coaching.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Worse than the Patriots?

I think so....the Pats played poorly, but the Steelers are just bad....just not much on the roster that I consider a big threat. Ben is a shell of himself.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Worse than the Patriots?

I think so....the Pats played poorly, but the Steelers are just bad....just not much on the roster that I consider a big threat. Ben is a shell of himself.

The Bears as the 7 seed last year were pretty awful.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject:

So many blowouts in the playoffs so far. 4 of the 6 games have been ass kickings. SF game was pretty close but I never felt the Niners were in any sort of trouble.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Michael Silver
@MikeSilver
Ā·
1h

I mean what was the end goal to running? Take time off a clock you can't stop only to gain a dozen yards?

McCarthy said after the game that they felt like getting the ball to the 25 for 1 play gave them a better chance of winning than just taking a shot at the end zone from the 40 with a Hail Mary. He didn't actually say 2 shots, but I assume that's what he meant, as with 14 seconds left you'd have time for at least 2 more plays.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
So many blowouts in the playoffs so far. 4 of the 6 games have been ass kickings. SF game was pretty close but I never felt the Niners were in any sort of trouble.

Two of the five games so far have gone Over the total. Those were the 2 games where I had the Under in my 4-teamer this weekend LOL. I had Buffalo and SF correct but boy, did I get the totals wrong!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 116 of 335
Jump to: