šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject:

And Bucs receiver fumbles the ball and possession goes back to the Cowboys.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Bucs catch a break and the fumble is overturned.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Bucs offense or lack of it is atrocious for a "playoff" caliber team.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bucs offense or lack of it is atrocious for a "playoff" caliber team.

This why I think the current playoff structure is stupid. A losing team shouldnā€™t be in the playoffs simply because they win their division. It rewards mediocrity and thereā€™s now reason a mediocre team should be rewarded because their division sucks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Has an NFL team ever fired a kicker in the middle of a game?

LOL! Thatā€™s what Peyton manning asked on the Manning feed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Are the Boys playing prevent defense? Bucs with a TD.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Cowboys should just run every play. Time is the enemy of the Bucs now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

And that should just seal the game. Cowboys with another TD.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Maher finally makes an extra point.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Somebody give SAS a hug, the Cowboys are gonna advance in the playoffs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I think thats it for TB12's career....he looks terrible out there.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I think thats it for TB12's career....he looks terrible out there.

It should be it. But it won't be.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

So how does flag football work for the offensive and defensive line? Do they count to 5 Mississippi?

Do they actually block without pads?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Didn't think Dallas could win on grass but they'll have to prove it again against the hottest team in football next week
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Story of the Bucs dropped passes by receivers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject:

So Tom Brady unretired only to prove that he should have stayed that way.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Wondering how SAS is doing, he was repping his TB12 jersey on First Take.

I watched FirstTake this morning and SAS looked just like I thought he would LINK LINK Swagoo and Keyshawn took it to him. SAS had an answer. Stephen said Dallas should thank he for being an inspiration. He said was responsible for the win because he motivated Dallas. He said he wouldn't be responsible anymore, he 's not going to help them, he's not going to motivate them, they're going to have to do it on their own. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject:

No idea how cap works at NFL but if Brady takes paycut can Raiders build a decent OL atleast?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject:

IMO Brady should take the Fox Sports $375 million and try to negotiate for fewer than 10 years. He's looking more and more like Bret Farve. Reminds me of a fighter who can't leave the bright lights. It's not like he needs the money. I think his net worth is in the $250 million dollar neighborhood.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Damar looked great in that hospital picture. What a strong human being.

My hope is Damar doesn't try to play the game again. After a heart attack the heart is weakened.
Quote:
Even though part of it may have been severely injured, the rest of the heart keeps working. But, because of the damage, your heart may be weakened, and unable to pump as much blood as usual. With proper treatment and lifestyle changes after a heart attack, further damage can be limited or prevented.
I don't know whether or not the NFL has a retirement plan. If they have a medical plan maybe they'll keep Damar's medical insurance active.

He's still a young man. With proper care, he may be able to live long and prosper.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject:

^ They have both a pension plan as well as a medical plan. He qualifies for neither but the NFLPA has come out and said they'll take care of him.

Quote:
Damar Hamlin situation rekindles questions over NFL player contracts

It takes three campaigns for an NFL player to qualify for pension benefits, and a player must have competed for a minimum of three seasons before qualifying for the five years of post-retirement health insurance provided by the league. Hamlin, a sixth-round pick in his second season, is on a four-year, $3.6 million contract that is not guaranteed, like many NFL deals.

NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent, speaking to reporters earlier this week when asked about whether Hamlin is eligible for a pension, committed to taking care of the University of Pittsburgh alum in the future no matter if he is pension-eligible.

ā€œObviously in situations like this we expect, God willing, that he would recover,ā€ Vincent said. ā€œBut he will ā€” he would ā€” get the resources necessary to make sure he has what he needs to live a complete life.ā€

The NFL, however, is under no legal obligation to do that.

Depending on his recovery, Hamlin might be eligible for NFL disability programs and could file workersā€™ compensation claims if he is unable to resume his career. The NFL has faced litigation over denied disability claims, with resolutions going both in favor and against the league over the years.

The 2020 collective bargaining agreement includes a provision that sets annual payouts for total and permanent disability to $48,000. And in a controversial change that was later delayed until 2024, the league and union agreed to reduce disability payments if players receive similar checks from Social Security.

Asked in a press conference Thursday how much disability Hamlin might expect, NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith declined to comment. The NFL did not respond to The Athleticā€™s request for comment.

Ray Genco, a lawyer who has brought disability claims against the NFL and NFLPA, wrote in an email, ā€œUnder the new CBA, total and permanent disabilities resulting from on-field injuries to active players have a minimum monthly benefit of $4,000 per month, with it increasing under certain conditions. This monthly benefit is described as for ā€˜lifeā€™ or ā€˜as long as the disability persistsā€™ ā€¦ This payment comes with related medical expenses being paid by the plan, but those bills and treatment plans can be challenged and treatment often gets delayed for approval.ā€

Facing the prospect of modest disability payouts, some players seek to purchase supplemental insurance to cover the limitations of their NFL benefits and pay package.

ā€œHereā€™s the problem with football: The guys that need (supplemental) insurance canā€™t afford it,ā€ said Eugene Dorfman, president at Pro Players Insurance. ā€œThe guys that can afford it donā€™t really need it ā€¦ So if you look at Hamlin, heā€™s a sixth-round draft pick. He makes what, $875,000 this year? OK, after taxes, heā€™s going to walk away with $500,000. Thatā€™s not a $500,000 lump sum. Heā€™s getting $500,000 over 26 pay periods. And youā€™re asking him to purchase a policy, letā€™s say a middle policy, a million-dollar career-ending injury, itā€™s going to cost him $10,000 (annually). He canā€™t afford that policy, he canā€™t.ā€

One NFL agent, who requested and was granted anonymity because of the sensitivity surrounding Hamlinā€™s medical status, said while one couldnā€™t change the benefits rules, expect the Bills and the NFL to take care of Hamlin and his family.

ā€œThe NFL will take care of him, trust me on that one,ā€ he said. ā€œThe bigger issue is there is, no way from a PR perspective thatā€ they donā€™t help him. ā€œGuarantee the Buffalo Bills will offer him a job.ā€

https://theathletic.com/4062586/2023/01/06/damar-hamlin-nfl-contracts-benefits/

Quote:
So while the NFL says it will take care of Hamlin, many of his brethren may not have that afforded them. As a result, Rich Salgado, president of athlete insurance firm Coastal Advisors LLC, expects Hamlinā€™s situation to result in more players seeking risk policies.

ā€œWhen I sit down with guys, I explained to them they have this option,ā€ said Salgado, whose brother Jim is Hamlinā€™s position coach with the Bills. ā€œYou just have to pay for it.ā€
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks LongBeachPoly. That's good to read. I hope the NFL honors their commitment.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Thanks LongBeachPoly. That's good to read. I hope the NFL honors their commitment.

The NFL and Bills have already approved paying him his regular salary instead of the IR salary. It was a freak hit, if doctors approve he might play again. The heart is capable of healing and regenerating itself. I almost died from congestive heart failure in 2010 and now, with medication and more healthful habits, my heart is as strong as it ever was.

As for this weekend, the Giants +7.5 seems like easy money.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The NFL and Bills have already approved paying him his regular salary instead of the IR salary. It was a freak hit, if doctors approve he might play again. The heart is capable of healing and regenerating itself. I almost died from congestive heart failure in 2010 and now, with medication and more healthful habits, my heart is as strong as it ever was.

Wait, thereā€™s a reg salary vs an IR salary?

Never knew thisā€¦

Looks like youā€™re right:

Quote:
Hamlin's base salary for 2022 is $825,000, or $455,000 if he spent the whole season on IR. He stood to lose about $20,500 in pay for being on IR in Week 18.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Glad to hear you're doing well after a heart attack. If Damar wants to continue in the sport I hope he takes a noncontact position.

Key phrase "With proper treatment and lifestyle changes after a heart attack, further damage can be limited or prevented."

Comparing your attack to Hamlin's is like comparing a fighter to an office worker. The stress levels are night and day.

How much of a lifestyle change did you have to make? Do you think Damar would be putting his life in jeopardy if he were to play contact professional football? Another hit to the chest could trigger another attack, one that could prove fatal.

I'm a fan whose only horse in the race is the horse of concern. Again, glad to hear you're doing well. May your wellness continue. To quote Mr. Spock "Live long and prosper."

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 191 of 335
Jump to: