Instacart driver fatally shoots Angie Harmon's dog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Instacart driver fatally shoots Angie Harmon's dog

Instacart driver fatally shoots dog belonging to actor Angie Harmon

Quote:
Charlotte-Mecklenburg, North Carolina, police confirmed elements of her story, saying in a statement that no arrests have been made, no charges have been recommended, and further witnesses will not be sought.

The police department said the driver told officers that the dog attacked him when he arrived at Harmon's home on the southern side of Charlotte shortly before noon Saturday and that he fired one shot in self-defense.

Two sides to every story, but if she was expecting a delivery, her dog should've been restrained - especially in an open carry state. And I'm a dog lover.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Instacart said in a statement that it suspended the driver and reached out to Harmon's household and that it is cooperating with police.

Quote:
"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident," the company said. "We have no tolerance for violence of any kind."

Quote:
Harmon, 51, said Monday on Instagram that she was home with her daughters when the dog, Oliver, was shot.

Quote:
"He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog," she said. "Our [Ring] camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t being recorded. The police let him go b/c he claimed 'self defense'.

He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn."
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Instacart said in a statement that it suspended the driver and reached out to Harmon's household and that it is cooperating with police.

Quote:
"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident," the company said. "We have no tolerance for violence of any kind."

Quote:
Harmon, 51, said Monday on Instagram that she was home with her daughters when the dog, Oliver, was shot.

Quote:
"He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog," she said. "Our [Ring] camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t being recorded. The police let him go b/c he claimed 'self defense'.

He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn."

It sucks that the dog got shot. But damn she is making all kinds of assumptions. How does she know that the driver noticed the ring door camera missing and decided to shoot the dog since he wasn't being recorded. Also when it comes to self defense, you don't have to wait til you get scratched or bit. I wonder how she would react if she had a gun and a dog looked like it was about to attack her. Would she wait til she got bit or scratched being shooting the dog?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
It sucks that the dog got shot. But damn she is making all kinds of assumptions. How does she know that the driver noticed the ring door camera missing and decided to shoot the dog since he wasn't being recorded. Also when it comes to self defense, you don't have to wait til you get scratched or bit. I wonder how she would react if she had a gun and a dog looked like it was about to attack her. Would she wait til she got bit or scratched being shooting the dog?

Yup. Unless she was watching him somehow, seems like her story isn't based on anything she observed.

I can't think of a reason for someone to just kill a dog for no reason, unless he's just a maniac.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yup. Unless she was watching him somehow, seems like her story isn't based on anything she observed.

I can't think of a reason for someone to just kill a dog for no reason, unless he's just a maniac.

Yeah. The fact that the officer let him go tells me he isn't some maniac.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:43 am    Post subject:

I found this on reddit:

Quote:
I live in a neighborhood connected to Angie’s and have walked past her house at least once a fortnight for the last couple of years.

Oliver was what I would call a “yappy” dog like many smaller and happier breeds - he would always run to the invisible fence line and give you that typical small dog set of barks before sniffing around for something better to do.

He was very little and never struck me as aggressive. Angie is a known lover of animals, caring for all varieties. It seems out of character for her to ever condone or house an aggressive animal and I find it hard to believe that Oliver would have attacked a delivery guy but wouldn’t have attacked all her baby animals, ducks, and chickens that Oliver lived with.

Wonder how small that dog was. The original story said it was a German Shepherd
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I found this on reddit:

Quote:
I live in a neighborhood connected to Angie’s and have walked past her house at least once a fortnight for the last couple of years.

Oliver was what I would call a “yappy” dog like many smaller and happier breeds - he would always run to the invisible fence line and give you that typical small dog set of barks before sniffing around for something better to do.

He was very little and never struck me as aggressive. Angie is a known lover of animals, caring for all varieties. It seems out of character for her to ever condone or house an aggressive animal and I find it hard to believe that Oliver would have attacked a delivery guy but wouldn’t have attacked all her baby animals, ducks, and chickens that Oliver lived with.

I thought the same thing. If it was some small dog then this changes my view,
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
I found this on reddit:

Quote:

I thought the same thing. If it was some small dog then this changes my view,

She had two dogs. One is the little dog and he was inside. It was the German Shepherd/Beagle mix that was loose.

Quote:
"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at the residence but did not attack," CMPD added in a statement.

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Most dog owners believe their dogs are sweet & lovable. Whenever there's an incident, they go into denial ("there's no way my dog would've attacked anyone"), followed by blame shifting ("well, they must've done something to provoke my sweet puppy"), then shock ("I just cannot believe that Fang mauled that 15 month old toddler").

Meanwhile, in 2022, 5,300 US postal carriers were bitten by "dogs who don't bite."
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Most dog owners believe their dogs are sweet & lovable. Whenever there's an incident, they go into denial ("there's no way my dog would've attacked anyone"), followed by blame shifting ("well, they must've done something to provoke my sweet puppy"), then shock ("I just cannot believe that Fang mauled that 15 month old toddler").

Meanwhile, in 2022, 5,300 US postal carriers were bitten by "dogs who don't bite."

I think this was the case here.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:31 pm    Post subject:

INSTACART DRIVER SAYS DOG BIT HIM

Quote:
The delivery man told authorities he had bite marks from the dog. Police, however, won’t confirm if they saw the lacerations. Instead, TMZ reports police didn't have enough evidence to charge the shopper.

If the dog bit him, then he also needs to sue Angie.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Since sharing her story, Harmon has received support from many Hollywood friends including Chelsea Handler, Allison Janney and Sunny Hostin.

Quote:
“OMFG!!!! I am absolutely mortified,” Holly Robinson Peete wrote in the comments section. “I’m so sorry Angie that you and the girls had to experience that. I could not imagine!!!!! You just can’t go shooting dogs!!!”

Quote:
Debra Messing added, “This is so devastating and horrific and traumatizing. …My heart breaks for all of you and for sweet Ollie. Fly with the angels pup. And curse that monster.

That's alot of judgmental hate for not knowing the entire story.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject:

That must have taken a bite out of the tip.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: