View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
I came in about 3 minutes ago, to see who won.

I get all Jerry West, now, with the Lakers...too nervous to follow in real time.

I've always been like this (going back years...), but now it's worse. I tracked the score, but couldn't watch it live.

Perhaps it's because the Lakers haven't been in this situation in a decade, and I'm older and less patient.

So I'm not the only one doing this. I can't watch live after decades of watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.

That's it, I think. I'm in the same age range, and I've been watching since Magic's rookie season.

I'm saving what's left for the Finals.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I get all Jerry West, now, with the Lakers...too nervous to follow in real time.

I've always been like this (going back years...), but now it's worse. I tracked the score, but couldn't watch it live.

Perhaps it's because the Lakers haven't been in this situation in a decade, and I'm older and less patient.

So I'm not the only one doing this. I can't watch live after decades of watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.

That's it, I think. I'm in the same age range, and I've been watching since Magic's rookie season.

I'm well past that age range. I watch with much angst. I sit and squirm, cain't wait till the game is over. If we lose it takes a while before the disappointment fades. Been a Laker fan since 1960. I haven't been this wound up for quite a while. Our LeBron window is closing. Let's get it done this year.

#17 for Kobe & Gigi and too catch the damn Celtics.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I'm well past that age range. I watch with much angst. I sit and squirm, cain't wait till the game is over. If we lose it takes a while before the disappointment fades. Been a Laker fan since 1960. I haven't been this wound up for quite a while. Our LeBron window is closing. Let's get it done this year.

lbj window doesn’t have tobe necessary closing if the FO will tweet or retool the roster and not just wait on a dream of obtaining Giannis
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

lbj window doesn’t have tobe necessary closing if the FO will tweet or retool the roster and not just wait on a dream of obtaining Giannis
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

So I'm not the only one doing this. I can't watch live after decades of
watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.

Bron's window is closing, he's 35. If they tweak the roster he has maybe 2, 3, good years left. He's past his prime. IMO if they don't do it this year next year may be be his last best chance

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I DVR'd the Lakers and the Dodgers and would float back and forth to each one, so as not get too consumed by the Lakers, also I fast-forwarded that time the Lakers were up by 1 and the Nugg's had the ball, fully anticipating a 3-pointer to put the Lakers down by 2, when it didn't happen, I reversed and watched it...lol

DVR is the best way to go for all of us who experience the Jerry West Syndrome...

Sometimes I can't watch the play itself, I just look at the basket if it goes in. Weird things we do as fans.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.

Bron's window is closing, he's 35. If they tweak the roster he has maybe 2, 3, good years left. He's past his prime. IMO if they don't do it this year next year may be be his last best chance

With contending teams retooling next season, and teams like Golden State and Brooklyn potentially making some noise, we need to add a 3rd option guy to our team. Lebron is still going to be our leader and overall best player, AD our best scorer and defender, another guy to consistently help take the load off will be so important.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mirak wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

With contending teams retooling next season, and teams like Golden State and Brooklyn potentially making some noise, we need to add a 3rd option guy to our team. Lebron is still going to be our leader and overall best player, AD our best scorer and defender, another guy to consistently help take the load off will be so important.

That's why I want Seth Curry. He's a sniper. $7,461,380 not too much to pay for a player who shoots as well as he does. He's got Curry blood, Dell and Steph. He's not much on defense but he'd fill the scoring need.

He's shooting FG 47.5%, 3pt 44.3%

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63
Page 63 of 63
Jump to: