What docs have you been watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 58198
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Watched "Assassins" yesterday. I guess it was released a year ago but I just heard of it recently. It covers the story of the two young women who were involved in the murder of Kim Jong-Un's half-brother at the airport in Kuala Lumpur.

It was interesting.


What's yer take, do you think they knew what they were doing or do you think they were duped into pulling a deadly prank?


I think they were duped. If they knew they were going to be involved in a murder, I don't see why they would need so many practice runs.

I think all those practice runs were so they'd be relaxed and wouldn't suspect they were rubbing a deadly nerve agent on their hands when the time came.


I think they were duped. Having forgotten the outcome of the case I was a bit on edge waiting to see what would happen to Doan Thi Huong.

Kim got what he wanted, world recognition, and he met and duped Dump.

Good watch. Thanks for the heads up. 👍🏾


I gotta disagree w/ you, Jodie and No. 1. They looked very intent in their stride and really got that into the guy's face as if the rag was a pie. They didn't appear to be pensive or hesitant in any way. I doubt they would've trusted two randos to do what they duped them into, much less two gurlz. A young woman like that might be hesitant to go rub a rag in a strange man's face based on how he would probably react to it. Imagine convincing two 20 somethings to do that at an airport.

Have you watched prank videos? How hard do you think it is to convince someone to walk up to a total stranger and kiss them, or pull a skirt up, or fake a robbery, or throw a pie in the face of said stranger? etc:

That would be a hard thing to do, imo.
Kim wanted his brother dead so bad, they would have made certain of the outcome by hiring two people to do it. Plus, that's something you definitely wouldn't put past Lil Kim to do. That's in the dictator rulebook. They have people killed from afar.

The perps were professionals. They did the job and kept the government out of it. Look at the players and their connections to Kim.

These women were either innocent or great actresses.


Stalin had Leon Trotsky killed in Mexico in 1940, well after he was an influential figure in Russia. He had been gone for over a decade living an isolated life in Mexico and they eventually got to him and he was killed by an ice axe. The axe penetrated his brain and he stuggled w/ the assassin until his bodyguards beat the assassin. Trotsky died the next day. The assassin did 20 yrs in a Mexican prison.

In 1978, dissident writer Georgi Markov was killed by a ricin pellet that was injected into his leg by an umbrella device. Guy walked up to him and stabbed him in the leg w/ the tip of the umbrella which implanted the pellet. He was in the UK at the time of his assassination.

Then you have the recent Putin poisonings.

Also the thing with the hands. I think it was like, I think Siti Aisyah said she went to the restroom to wash the gook off of her hands. The reason she held them high was she didn't want to touch her new LOL shirt and Doan Thi Huong didn't want to mess up her new purse.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 20367

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Cricket protein powder. Mmmm! You could be eating this, Jodie, Mule, CMB, Omar, etc! Grated crickets are right up your alleys, d00dz! Maybe it'll get you high if you snort it. Try a couple toots of cricket flour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzn0sRH_4Qc
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17711
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
"The Kings Documentary." A revealing documentary. I learned things about the fighters that gave me another perception of them as men.

I think Ray Leonard's journey was more storied. He was more celebrity than the other 3. I got the impression they envied him.

Duran's journey, more violent. He came over to me as if in a street fight would kick a man he had down.

Marvin was most underappreciated. He fought for the recognition he never received.

Hearns present physical condition allows he took the most punishment. I say that because of his slurred speech.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I levy a 9.


This documentary series has been great. I remember watching that Hearns/Leonard fight when I was a kid wondering why they stopped it. First time I've rewatched it since then. With DVR and grown-up eyes it was the right call by the ref even if Hearns was ahead on points. He was taking too many blows to the head and couldn't defend himself.

I had no idea what happened to Duran after 'No Mas" and Hagler's struggles with getting recognition prior to the Hearns fight went largely untold.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 58198
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

CHERNOBYL: THE INVISIBLE ENEMY. A documentary about nuclear energy, irresponsibleness and its consequences. The accident occurred in 1986. The region is still recovering today.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 11853
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CHERNOBYL: THE INVISIBLE ENEMY. A documentary about nuclear energy, irresponsibleness and its consequences. The accident occurred in 1986. The region is still recovering today.


Have you watched the docu-series on HBO? It’s called Chernobyl. I thought it was one of the best miniseries hbo has done
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 58198
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CHERNOBYL: THE INVISIBLE ENEMY. A documentary about nuclear energy, irresponsibleness and its consequences. The accident occurred in 1986. The region is still recovering today.


Have you watched the docu-series on HBO? It’s called Chernobyl. I thought it was one of the best miniseries hbo has done

I haven't. I have it in the queue. I'll watch it sometime in the near future.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 20367

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I was just watching this mini work documentary on the detailing process of Da Mule's van. Lookin sharp now, Mulez!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z9Q9X1jHFE
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 2474

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Just watched Fed Up, it was interesting, and definitely sad. It talks about the food industry and the shadiness of those people.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381335/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49217
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I was just watching this mini work documentary on the detailing process of Da Mule's van. Lookin sharp now, Mulez!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z9Q9X1jHFE


Not a Chrysler guy.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 20367

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject:

That Dating Game serial killer they recently did a Very Scary People epi on (on HLN chan) died in the jernt. Needless to say he was a bucket of filth, but even that doesn't do it justice. This guy was such a psycho that the woman on Dating Game called the producer and backed out on the date because she said he was creepy. He used photography to lure people in and the cops have a site up w/ his pics they collected over the years in an attempt to identify anyone in them. One woman they did manage to find, I can't remember if she was a victim tho, but I saw the site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/rodney-alcala-dead-dating-game.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage

July 24, 2021
Rodney Alcala, who was known as the “Dating Game Killer” and was convicted in the murders of six women and one girl in the 1970s, died on Saturday at a hospital in Kings County, Calif. He was 77.

Mr. Alcala, who was on California’s death row, died of natural causes, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

A longhaired photographer who lured women by offering to take their pictures, Mr. Alcala was convicted of killing a 12-year-old girl and four women in Orange County, Calif., and two women in New York, all between 1971 and 1979, the authorities said.

Investigators had also suspected him of, or had linked him to, other murders in Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona, New Hampshire and Marin County, Calif., the department said.

_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 58198
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject:

Finishing Naomi. A 3 episode documentary on Naomi Osaka. I was surprised by how much time is spent on things other than tennis. Her time off court is like a job. Her days are sunrise to sunset and then some. I can see why she has to fight depression. So many depend on her. She has little time for herself. I can see why she sometimes feels overwhelmed.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7744

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Finishing Naomi. A 3 episode documentary on Naomi Osaka. I was surprised by how much time is spent on things other than tennis. Her time off court is like a job. Her days are sunrise to sunset and then some. I can see why she has to fight depression. So many depend on her. She has little time for herself. I can see why she sometimes feels overwhelmed.

shes amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67602

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

I just watched Untold: Malice at the Palace on Netflix. It's pretty good. It's a little over an hour but they cover a lot. The main players interviewed are Reggie Miller, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and Stephen Jackson.

Quote:
Key figures from an infamous 2004 incident between players and fans at an NBA game in Michigan discuss the fight, its fallout and its lasting legacy.

_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 20367

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I just watched Untold: Malice at the Palace on Netflix. It's pretty good. It's a little over an hour but they cover a lot. The main players interviewed are Reggie Miller, Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and Stephen Jackson.

Quote:
Key figures from an infamous 2004 incident between players and fans at an NBA game in Michigan discuss the fight, its fallout and its lasting legacy.


It was all right. I felt bad for the Pacer fans (a new one for me). They didn't have any footage that wasn't already out there, but you had the fools involved making stupid analyses of how THEY were misjudged after the fact, both players and that fat fan who got decked. Woe is me standard. They called US thugs!, can you believe such a thing?! Ya think, Jermaine? Jeez. The accountability was pretty sparse there and I know I sound like Karen, but you don't do THAT and get away w/ your rep fully intact. At least not in the immediate aftermath. It was predictable that the media would have responded in the same way they did after Spree went at Carliesimo. The players involved gave the media a landslide worth of more mud to sling at the Gen X players (who already were called clowns, selfish, etc etc in every corner, dudes like Coleman, Webber, Sprewell, Rider, etc).
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 2896
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I also watched the Untold: Malice at the Palace episode.

I enjoyed watching the interviews with Jermaine O'Neal, Artest, and Stephen Jackson, but not Reggie (lol).

My position on that incident hasn't changed in all these years, and that is, screw those Detroit fans!

I'm not a violent person, but I wish Artest could have somehow punched the dude who actually threw the beer and everyone else that ran to the tunnel entrance to douse the players with drinks, popcorn, and especially that idiot that threw the chair. Make examples out of each and every one of these POS so no one ever tried that stuff ever again. Unfortunately we're still seeing it to this day as evidenced by those incidents happening when they started allowing fans into the arenas again recently.

Just because you pay for a ticket to a game doesn't give you the right to be a jackass. None of these idiots are trying that stuff in the street to those players' faces.

It was also very cringey watching that montage of news reporters calling O'Neal, Jackson, and Artest "thugs", saying that the NBA needs to clean up their image, and how they get paid millions of dollars (like what does that have to do with anything?). That stuff is racist at it's core and I'm glad that type of rhetoric has significantly declined since then.

That analogy to hockey fights and how that is just accepted as part of the sport because it's primarily white was spot on. I understand it's different in this specific instance because fans were involved, but the difference in the way those players are treated/looked at by society (hockey tough guys/enforcers vs. NBA thugs) still stands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 19535

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject:

waiting for John Lynch 9/11 american terrorist (I think it's coming out around 9/11)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 10617
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Questlove's Summer of Soul is really really good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17711
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Nanfu Wang's "In the Same Breath" was very interesting.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28417

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
That Dating Game serial killer they recently did a Very Scary People epi on (on HLN chan) died in the jernt. Needless to say he was a bucket of filth, but even that doesn't do it justice. This guy was such a psycho that the woman on Dating Game called the producer and backed out on the date because she said he was creepy. He used photography to lure people in and the cops have a site up w/ his pics they collected over the years in an attempt to identify anyone in them. One woman they did manage to find, I can't remember if she was a victim tho, but I saw the site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/rodney-alcala-dead-dating-game.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage

July 24, 2021
Rodney Alcala, who was known as the “Dating Game Killer” and was convicted in the murders of six women and one girl in the 1970s, died on Saturday at a hospital in Kings County, Calif. He was 77.

Mr. Alcala, who was on California’s death row, died of natural causes, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

A longhaired photographer who lured women by offering to take their pictures, Mr. Alcala was convicted of killing a 12-year-old girl and four women in Orange County, Calif., and two women in New York, all between 1971 and 1979, the authorities said.

Investigators had also suspected him of, or had linked him to, other murders in Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona, New Hampshire and Marin County, Calif., the department said.


Wasn't the Night Stalker also on that show?
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49217
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
That Dating Game serial killer they recently did a Very Scary People epi on (on HLN chan) died in the jernt. Needless to say he was a bucket of filth, but even that doesn't do it justice. This guy was such a psycho that the woman on Dating Game called the producer and backed out on the date because she said he was creepy. He used photography to lure people in and the cops have a site up w/ his pics they collected over the years in an attempt to identify anyone in them. One woman they did manage to find, I can't remember if she was a victim tho, but I saw the site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/rodney-alcala-dead-dating-game.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage

July 24, 2021
Rodney Alcala, who was known as the “Dating Game Killer” and was convicted in the murders of six women and one girl in the 1970s, died on Saturday at a hospital in Kings County, Calif. He was 77.

Mr. Alcala, who was on California’s death row, died of natural causes, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

A longhaired photographer who lured women by offering to take their pictures, Mr. Alcala was convicted of killing a 12-year-old girl and four women in Orange County, Calif., and two women in New York, all between 1971 and 1979, the authorities said.

Investigators had also suspected him of, or had linked him to, other murders in Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona, New Hampshire and Marin County, Calif., the department said.


Wasn't the Night Stalker also on that show?


You might be thinking of the Netflix documentary. Though he might have been an episode of the show The Z is talking about.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 49217
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Questlove's Summer of Soul is really really good.


Like really, really, really good.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28417

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
That Dating Game serial killer they recently did a Very Scary People epi on (on HLN chan) died in the jernt. Needless to say he was a bucket of filth, but even that doesn't do it justice. This guy was such a psycho that the woman on Dating Game called the producer and backed out on the date because she said he was creepy. He used photography to lure people in and the cops have a site up w/ his pics they collected over the years in an attempt to identify anyone in them. One woman they did manage to find, I can't remember if she was a victim tho, but I saw the site.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/us/rodney-alcala-dead-dating-game.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage

July 24, 2021
Rodney Alcala, who was known as the “Dating Game Killer” and was convicted in the murders of six women and one girl in the 1970s, died on Saturday at a hospital in Kings County, Calif. He was 77.

Mr. Alcala, who was on California’s death row, died of natural causes, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

A longhaired photographer who lured women by offering to take their pictures, Mr. Alcala was convicted of killing a 12-year-old girl and four women in Orange County, Calif., and two women in New York, all between 1971 and 1979, the authorities said.

Investigators had also suspected him of, or had linked him to, other murders in Los Angeles, Seattle, Arizona, New Hampshire and Marin County, Calif., the department said.


Wasn't the Night Stalker also on that show?


You might be thinking of the Netflix documentary. Though he might have been an episode of the show The Z is talking about.


Yeah you're right. Just looked it up and the dude has some resemblances to the Night Stalker which is where I got them mixed up.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89058
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Watched Val Kilmer’s autobiographical doc “Val” on Prime. At turns whimsical, nostalgic, informational, and touching, it was in the end quite good.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 20367

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Watched Val Kilmer’s autobiographical doc “Val” on Prime. At turns whimsical, nostalgic, informational, and touching, it was in the end quite good.


https://youtu.be/1uCy-T22el8?t=22
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139110
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ElliotTheFan wrote:
Just watched Fed Up, it was interesting, and definitely sad. It talks about the food industry and the shadiness of those people.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381335/


I watched this after reading your post, it was definitely interesting.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB