View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ESPN has to be absolutely heartsick. They paid all that money for the rights to air La Liga games and now Messi isn't there. Just absolutely brutal.

That's the problem with La Liga. There are three teams worth watching (Barca, RM and Athletico) and the rest are rubbish. Most games aren't even competitive. Their high end is great in Euro football, but the rest is BS.

Sevilla has won the Europa League six times in recent years. Villarreal just won that competition last season.

It's not just the three big clubs that are good.

You have to love European football, where there are about 10 thousand competitions that a team can win.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but this is the second rated club competition in Europe. If there's a way to rate clubs that aren't quite on top, it's that one. La Liga might not be as competitive as some other leagues, but it doesn't mean that all clubs except the first three are "rubbish."
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Yeah, but this is the second rated club competition in Europe. If there's a way to rate clubs that aren't quite on top, it's that one. La Liga might not be as competitive as some other leagues, but it doesn't mean that all clubs except the first three are "rubbish."

I hear you, I was just being silly. I did like it recently, though, where an EPL team that ended up getting relegated won the FA Cup. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ESPN has to be absolutely heartsick. They paid all that money for the rights to air La Liga games and now Messi isn't there. Just absolutely brutal.

At least they're getting Mbappe. Football has become a plaything for state-backed oil clubs. If Ronaldo joins City, he's going to get it from both fanbases.

It saddens me that he might go to City. It smells of desperation and clinging to relevance.

He apparently wanted to go back to Madrid, and Madrid said no thank you.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Ronaldo is actually going to United!

That's much better. Makes a lot more sense.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Disagree. I personally don't spend the time watching those clubs because the football isn't remotely interesting. I'm a Chelsea supporter and they've won the Europa League but I don't really consider that a victory of any renown. Kind of a consolation prize.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Disagree. I personally don't spend the time watching those clubs because the football isn't remotely interesting. I'm a Chelsea supporter and they've won the Europa League but I don't really consider that a victory of any renown. Kind of a consolation prize.

But there's no other way to evaluate clubs that aren't quite on the top tier. It's a competition of 4th, 5th, 6th placed clubs in Europe's biggest leagues. And Spanish teams have done well in that competition, proving that they aren't crap teams. Whether or not you or I find that competition entertaining is not the point.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: