Official JEANIE BUSS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

She only sells if her siblings wants out. His older brothers wants out but young ones want to keep it so she wont sell at this time. Fans will still come or watch at home so they will make money just like Knicks or Cowboys does without winning anything.

Even if she fires Pelinka i expect nobody other than Magic or Phil or Rambis to be hired as GM/President
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

This is our Laker team going forward. This is what has happened since we lost Dr. Buss. Get ready for many more seasons like this, this is who the Lakers are.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

Sell the team to Jeff Bezos and be done with it.

Hard to win with ownership like this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers have as many wins as documentaries/TV shows this summer.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Oh how soon we forget when all ya'll were ecstatic when Jeanie took over. This situation was easy to predict years ago.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And Jeanie is reportedly producing a COMEDY about a basketball front office.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Oh how soon we forget when all ya'll were ecstatic when Jeanie took over. This situation was easy to predict years ago.

It was and many predicted correctly. Yet some still support the spoiled Buss kids.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

It was and many predicted correctly. Yet some still support the spoiled Buss kids.

Can I be honest? In the past, I had found you to be pretty nauseating with your negative outlooks and takes but in the end, you're proven pretty damn correct on how this whole thing would end up.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
She only sells if her siblings wants out. His older brothers wants out but young ones want to keep it so she wont sell at this time. Fans will still come or watch at home so they will make money just like Knicks or Cowboys does without winning anything.

Even if she fires Pelinka i expect nobody other than Magic or Phil or Rambis to be hired as GM/President

I feel like the Lakers will be like the Cowboys. Cowboys last won the superbowl in 1996 but the team has grown to be the most popular NFL team without winning anything ever since.

I feel like the Lakers will be in the same boat. Mediocre management that would never win anything but the team would still be supported and liked by the fans.

I'm ready for 10+ years of no championships. I guess the status quo will remain. Jeanie is just going to continue to run the team regardless of how bad things get.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And Jeanie is reportedly producing a COMEDY about a basketball front office.

Only she thinks it's another documentary.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject:

Ballmer reportedly interested in buying Liverpool FC.

Time to sell, Jeanie. You don’t have the $ to compete.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

Get “sell the team” chants at games going.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
This is our Laker team going forward. This is what has happened since we lost Dr. Buss. Get ready for many more seasons like this, this is who the Lakers are.

This is who we are right now and looks like for decades to come. It sickens me to think that the responsible parties will continue with their pampered lives profitably while pitching this despicably sorry a$$ product for us to consume.

They know that so many of us are too fanatical to abandon our support for the team so they can just serve us a sh1tshow and we'll still accept it.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Ballmer bought the wrong team. He should have offered $5B for the Lakers instead of cheaping out and bought the Clippers for $2B. I think Ballmer is the richest owner in all of sports.

Imagine if we had Ballmer and Jerry running the team. Ballmer was like "how much do you want, Jerry? 5, 10, $50M? Here ya go."

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

For ALL of the Buss kids to agree to sell, an offer would have to be insane, so insane that it makes up for all the kids being able to kick back and profit because the brand is too strong not to sell. So I think we’re stuck with these idiots.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

Jeanie.
Jim.

Nah. They aren't it. But no way I see the Buss kids selling unfortunately.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

No way she sells. The Lakers are her lifeblood. I think she fires Rob and brings on someone more well-versed in the modern NBA, similar to what the Pelicans did with Dell Demps by replacing him with Trajan Langdon.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
No way she sells. The Lakers are her lifeblood. I think she fires Rob and brings on someone more well-versed in the modern NBA, similar to what the Pelicans did with Dell Demps by replacing him with Trajan Langdon.

She just gave Rob a new extension until 2026. I doubt she would fire him now and bring in some outsider. Until it actually happened, I won't believe it. I'm prepared for the return of Rob next season. At least we have very little assets left for him to throw away. Good thing we can't sink any lower so how much more damage could Rob do?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

She just gave Rob a new extension until 2026. I doubt she would fire him now and bring in some outsider. Until it actually happened, I won't believe it.

Perhaps... and maybe she waits a year or two before it happens. Maybe Rob resigns... I'm not sure how executive contracts work, but there has to be some clause that allows Rob to get a farewell. Just speculation on my part.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Can I be honest? In the past, I had found you to be pretty nauseating with your negative outlooks and takes but in the end, you're proven pretty damn correct on how this whole thing would end up.

Same...the truth hurts to accept sometimes but there are many posters, including ventura, that seemed to know long before I realized it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Ballmer bought the wrong team. He should have offered $5B for the Lakers instead of cheaping out and bought the Clippers for $2B. I think Ballmer is the richest owner in all of sports.

Imagine if we had Ballmer and Jerry running the team. Ballmer was like "how much do you want, Jerry? 5, 10, $50M? Here ya go."

Well, no. Saudi Arabia owns Newcastle United FC, the UAE owns Manchester City FC, and Qatar owns Paris-St. Germain PC. But if you're excluding sovereign wealth funds and oligarchs, you're probably right.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

I don't think she fires Rob because I believe he is doing exactly what she told him to do...forget about focusing on improving the team as a 1st objective...focus on saving money to avoid the repeater tax as the priority.

She wanted him to do the best he could but if it means producing a sorry product to get under the tax then so be it. The fanatics may complain but are too loyal to go anywhere so we can put whatever team we want on the floor and they'll stay.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

KD and James Harden are licking their chops since it’s almost a guarantee Jeannie Buss will throw them big $$$ when they’re older than 35.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/nflandhotdfan/status/1590594327654576130?s=46&t=9RXRJYe_rGEJqIXWoVQEVg

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

She just gave Rob a new extension until 2026. I doubt she would fire him now and bring in some outsider. Until it actually happened, I won't believe it.

Perhaps... and maybe she waits a year or two before it happens. Maybe Rob resigns... I'm not sure how executive contracts work, but there has to be some clause that allows Rob to get a farewell. Just speculation on my part.

The way it's almost certainly structured is that she either pays him the balance of his contract or negotiates a buy-out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 12 of 22
Jump to: