Official JEANIE BUSS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
So i guess Jay Mohr will be our next GM?

I doubt he has anything to do with the team.

I mean they were together for 5 years without anyone knowing they seem to stay out of each other's professional life.

You never know. The Rambii were part of the decision making process under Jeanie.....

Fair point but Linda worked with Jeanie since they were teens on the Lakers and that roller skating team. So she didn't come out of nowhere Kurt only got involved because he ended up marrying Linda.

I agree nepotism runs deep in this organization but Jay has nothing to do with basketball like Phil did.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

What is so attractive about a 61 year old woman? Pls someone elaborate. I'm a virgin so I don't know what love is.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
What is so attractive about a 61 year old woman? Pls someone elaborate. I'm a virgin so I don't know what love is.

Nothing. People who say otherwise are most likely lying or are trying to be white knights. That or they have Grandma fetishes.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Nothing. People who say otherwise are most likely lying or are trying to be white knights. That or they have Grandma fetishes.

Well, I'm guessing Jay loves Jeanie as much as Anna Nicole Smith loved that 80 year old billionaire.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Comes as a shock.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Comes as a shock.

Takes one to know one.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Well, I'm guessing Jay loves Jeanie as much as Anna Nicole Smith loved that 80 year old billionaire.

She has pocket personality.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

There is no decent gm who is really good at the GM and who can be her lap dog?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

age is nothing but a number - Aaliyah's song writer and producer
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Isn't Jay Mohr in his 50s? Sounds like they are age appropriate for each other.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

J. Howard Marshall was 62 years older than Anna Nicole Smith.

Jeanie Buss is 9 years older than Jay Mohr.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:08 am    Post subject:

twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
The NBA is the best soap out there and I'm reminded of the infamous shouting match between then GM Bill Polian and Jay Mohr on Indy radio nearly 20 years ago.

Thanks for bringing this up. Mohr expertly led Bill Polian into that minefield. Years later, Polian still does not realize that he had been played. I get the sense that this could be Jeannie a few years from now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Only ring Jeanie may get for a while is from her comedian fiancé.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
The NBA is the best soap out there and I'm reminded of the infamous shouting match between then GM Bill Polian and Jay Mohr on Indy radio nearly 20 years ago.

Thanks for bringing this up. Mohr expertly led Bill Polian into that minefield. Years later, Polian still does not realize that he had been played. I get the sense that this could be Jeannie a few years from now.

It came to mind because the local reporters mentioned it was the 19th anniversary of that (which coincides with the engagement news). Yes I believe this won't end well for Jeanie either. I mean Nikki Cox was never the same after being married to him.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

The most encouraging thing happening now is that the root problem is being seen, even by the mainstream. Ten years, largely filled with futility have finally led to an open dialog on the Lakers crisis of leadership.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The most encouraging thing happening now is that the root problem is being seen, even by the mainstream. Ten years, largely filled with futility have finally led to an open dialog on the Lakers crisis of leadership.

That's music to my ears. I've never been a fan of Jeanie ever since the Jim Buss days where she wouldn't fire him sooner. I sure hope changes would be coming soon. I hope Jeanie would just step down quietly and live a normal, peaceful and happy life with Jay and leave the basketball world for the more knowledgeable.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I would have supported the replacement of Jim (and even Mitch) if:

A. Jeanie had given good faith support in trying to help them succeed.
B. If and when a change was necessary, she would have used the value and prestige of the franchise to attract the most sought after talent and experience, rather than a troika of people with no experience running a franchise at all and simply just friends of the owner hiring other cronies nd no one wanting another outside voice of experience to trump their power and influence.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I would have supported the replacement of Jim (and even Mitch) if:

A. Jeanie had given good faith support in trying to help them succeed.
B. If and when a change was necessary, she would have used the value and prestige of the franchise to attract the most sought after talent and experience, rather than a troika of people with no experience running a franchise at all and simply just friends of the owner hiring other cronies nd no one wanting another outside voice of experience to trump their power and influence.

So why are loyalists chosen over competent management….and how does that get fixed?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject:

What is the worst thing in business?
Being emotional.
This is what is ruining her at the moment.
I hoped she learned from her father that emotions and business are two things that are against each other and cannot function together.
Unfortunately for us Lakers fans she didn't learn that. Still trying to run Lakers as family, keeping people who does not deserve it and making decisions by emotions. Typically woman when choosing guys by emotions. It always hit you in the ass at the end.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Criticism of Pelinka is a call to action for Jeanie. But Pelinka's actions are a product of meeting Jeanie's agenda while also appeasing Klutch. He may be a poor GM, but even a good one would find this job a challenge. There's some politics of the younger Buss brothers in there too. As much as they're beloved for their performance in the scouting area, it complicates the front office structure to have owners as subordinates.

Basically, we need a reset at an organizational level. The structure Dr Buss left in place isn't functional. A lot could be improved by bringing in a quality PBO (Klutch has filled part of that for now, but that is coming to an end soon). More than a trade to help this season, a shift in leadership is the key need.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think Jeanie is a good owner.
I don't even think she's an average owner.

But what I dislike more than that. Is comments made, that wouldn't be made if she was a man.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But what I dislike more than that. Is comments made, that wouldn't be made if she was a man.

This is fundamentally the issue today. She would be criticized way more if she was a man and that would be ok. She is a public figure, of the most public franchise.

This is part of the game. I love her but there is too much reverence for her as an owner.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This is fundamentally the issue today. She would be criticized way more if she was a man and that would be ok. She is a public figure, of the most public franchise.

This is part of the game. I love her but there is too much reverence for her as an owner.

No need for reverence, but she can be treated the same as the men without gendered arguments.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:07 pm    Post subject:

What really needs to change is the hiring process for pretty much all major roles on the team.

It's been talked about before, but the Lakers need ownership that will actually hire the best candidates for all roles on the team regardless of past friendships. That factors in too many roles on this team, and it's held the team back.

Jeanie has the Rambis couple in big front office roles. Jeanie claims Linda has no role in basketball decisions. But, Jeanie went to bat for Kurt in that same interview because he "been involved with the NBA for 40 years and has won championships as a player and assistant coach." Neglected to mention he has no prior front office experience, was an awful head coach, and even his success as a player and head coach came a long time ago.

Rob Pelinka was Kobe's agent and had no front office experience beforehand.

Ham was a former Laker assistant. He deserved a shot at head coaching somewhere because of his lengthy experience as an assistant, but he probably shouldn't have gotten it with a veteran team.

Magic obviously has a huge history with the Lakers and is close with Jeanie. His only front office job was his Lakers stint.

I'm skeptical this will change under Jeanie. The Lakers have had nepotism even under Dr. Jerry Buss. Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak were first time executives under the Lakers. Luckily, they had a lot of success with the Lakers.

But, it's a lot more difficult to find good candidates for front office/coaching positions if you're limiting the pool of candidates.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22
Jump to: