Official JEANIE BUSS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Official JEANIE BUSS Thread

Dear Jeanie, you got:

- LeBron and AD throwing Rob Pelinka under the bus for lying to reporters

- Westbrook vs Vogel and the entire coaching staff

- Kurt and Linda Rambis shadowing everything like they’re the owners

Instead of running your organization, you are talking to Netflix to produce a comedy show about the Lakers front office. Oh the irony. You’re organization has become a joke, you can just hire a camera crew, no actors needed. But if you need the money, just sell the team.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

Not that good of an owner, but as Aeneas Hunter said recently in this forum she is the Teflon Buss. She doesn't get that much criticism, while there's another poster claiming this site is sexist.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

But she won a championship. Who cares if the Lakers missed the playoffs six years in a row. A championship is all that matters. The Rambii are the big winners in all this because they still get paid while not getting criticized as much.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I fault Jeanie for not holding Pelinka accountable. I am sure LeGM had some input but at the end of the day. He shuffled the roster too many times over the past two years and dealt away and overpaid the remaining assets. I think she needs a GM that isn't her friend and knows basketball. One that will stand up to her and say no, that is a bad idea. Jeanie is great on the PR side but awful on the basketball side, so she trusts Rob & Kurt and she needs to move on from them.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official JEANIE BUSS Thread

Nash Vegas wrote:
Dear Jeanie, you got:

- LeBron and AD throwing Rob Pelinka under the bus for lying to reporters

- Westbrook vs Vogel and the entire coaching staff

- Kurt and Linda Rambis shadowing everything like they’re the owners

Instead of running your organization, you are talking to Netflix to produce a comedy show about the Lakers front office. Oh the irony. You’re organization has become a joke, you can just hire a camera crew, no actors needed. But if you need the money, just sell the team.

When I read the news about the comedy show... I couldn't believe it was true. Had to Google it
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Jeannie is weak, emotional and hold grudges. Not a good traits to be the owner of this team. I’d much rather have Jesse Buss or even Jim Buss running the team.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jeannie is weak, emotional and hold grudges. Not a good traits to be the owner of this team. I’d much rather have Jesse Buss or even Jim Buss running the team.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ryan Ward @RyanWardLA

The highly anticipated 10-part docuseries, “Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers,” from Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and Emmy® Award-winning director Antoine Fuqua, will premiere Monday, August 15 with two episodes on Hulu. New episodes stream weekly. pic.twitter.com/DmZWPwaMjf

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1549796591988379648

https://gfycat.com/neighboringfreekissingbug
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

LG: where incels go to complain about Jenny ruining the team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

She's the owner of the team.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Look at the history of LG posts since 2007. "That girl Jenny . . . jenny's just an emotional girl . . . jenny doesn't have the balls of her dad . . . jenny only listens to her bff Linda . . ."

Miss me with that BS.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss got hacked scamming people off Zelle for a PS5
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
danzag wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Look at the history of LG posts since 2007. "That girl Jenny . . . jenny's just an emotional girl . . . jenny doesn't have the balls of her dad . . . jenny only listens to her bff Linda . . ."

Miss me with that BS.

Are you suggesting there is some kind of sexist bent to the criticism of Jeanie?

I wouldn't agree with that.

We heard the same kind of comments about her brother Jim.

Don't know who "Jenny" is. You are the only one I've ever seen on LG refer to Jeanie by that name.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Lakers Fans, my Twitter account has been hacked. Please do not engage with it or send any money. These are NOT legitimate offers. The Lakers will alert you when I am back in control of my account." - Jeanie Buss

Poor Jeanie.
You mean those PS5 giveaways weren't real
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
“Lakers Fans, my Twitter account has been hacked. Please do not engage with it or send any money. These are NOT legitimate offers. The Lakers will alert you when I am back in control of my account." - Jeanie Buss

Poor Jeanie.
You mean those PS5 giveaways weren't real

It seems not, but the luxury tax is.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers will be released Aug. 15 on Hulu.

Quote:
OC Register’s Kyle Goon

“Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers,” the latest offering of a number of Lakers-centric projects, unveiling new information might be beside the point. Director Antoine Fuqua got just a few minutes into the press day for the upcoming Hulu docu-series – staged at the team’s practice facility with a dozen former players – when he said the quiet part out loud.

“You have to remember, there’s a lot of misinformation out there as well,” he said, prompting more than a few chuckles. “There’s TV shows and other things out there that are not correct.”

It is tempting to view Legacy as the team’s attempt to straighten the record. Many of the principals encourage the idea. The recent shadow hanging over this release has been the dramatized HBO series Winning Time – a series that emphasizes the more lurid excesses of the early Showtime Lakers era and has been mostly shunned by its subjects.

Those former players who even admit to watching it (many claim they never will) say that HBO cheapened their story, and at times even got it wrong. Said Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, for example: “There’s always some stuff out there that’s not accurate, or way off course. And this gives me an opportunity to have my say, and be accurate, and hopefully people who watch this film understand it’s the real deal.”

But what Legacy might be, more accurately, is a counterbalance. It doesn’t so much push against other accounts as accentuate other sides of the story. As opposed to casted actors, Legacy prides itself on its first-person interviews of more than 75 key figures in the franchise’s history. Said Fuqua: “If someone disagreed, then they said it on film.”

It might seem surprising that the filmmakers got interviews with figures like former team president Jim Buss on his family squabbles that led to his ouster, or Jerry West whose frosty relationship with the franchise has been going on two decades. But it was a point of pride for the filmmakers that they tried to get everyone to talk.

That, of course, spans other eras including the Shaq-and-Kobe threepeat, and Bryant’s success later in the decade. But the filmmakers were also suddenly confronted by the history happening around them: James’ arrival in 2018; Bryant’s shocking death in 2020; the franchise’s 17th championship in the NBA bubble.

It was difficult, the filmmakers acknowledge, to try to get people to talk about Bryant on camera. Even today, it’s a raw wound for many of the Lakers’ top figures.

“You just have to be very delicate about it and human about it, and understanding you may not get that conversation on that day,” he said. “You have to wait. You may not ever get it.”

The sprawl of the documentary is tied to earth by the chronicle of the Buss family, starting with Jerry Buss’ entry into the NBA fray in 1979. In early episodes, he’s colored by all his flash and his foibles: Grainy, intimate footage of family vacations are interspersed with tales of his distance from his kids for much of their childhoods, and the film doesn’t exactly counter some of Winning Time’s characterizations of Buss as a gleeful playboy with much younger models on his arm at all times.

But there is a strong push by the filmmakers and family alike to show the side of Buss that made him such a charismatic figure and one still beloved a decade after his death. Abdul-Jabbar described how much closer he felt to Buss than all the team owners he had known before; former employees describe his warmth and confidence.

An anecdote that Mann hated to leave on the cutting room floor: Buss once called veteran team executive (now president of business operations) Tim Harris to leave tickets for “my guy at Southwest.” What Harris assumed was an airline executive actually turned out to be a baggage handler whom Buss had befriended in Burbank.

Legacy leans into a Mark Cuban quote in the documentary trailer about the Lakers’ story mirroring another HBO show: Succession. The start of the documentary drums up the drama by sitting each of the Buss children down on set, and Fuqua called Jerry Buss and his vision for the franchise, and his desire to hand off his life’s passion to his children as “the bloodline” of the entire series.

“If the Lakers aren’t doing well, the Buss family is not doing well,” Mann said. “And it’s not a cheap business to run. So being able to document the success of the Lakers up and down, and also the success of the Buss family was really fascinating.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/08/08/in-new-lakers-documentary-series-buss-family-players-give-their-side-of-the-story

https://tenor.com/bpmLM.gif
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Jeanie loves random attention

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1558842302214377476?s=21&t=qQDhnA7-liXBxDA1gxxAFw
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

So that's why she'll be on Kimmel tonight
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss: Westbrook was our best player last year and most consistent

In an interview with The Athletic, Jeanie Buss called Russell Westbrook the Lakers' "best player" last season:

"All I can say is that, from my point of view, [Westbrook] was our best player last year. He played pretty much every single game, showed up, worked hard.”
https://twitter.com/LADEig/status/1564638580449878020

CBS Sports NBA
@CBSSportsNBA
Jeanie Buss calls Russell Westbrook Lakers' 'best player last year,' backs off claim: He was most 'consistent'
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/1564649675621294081

Thoughts?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

In an interview with The Athletic, Jeanie Buss called Russell Westbrook the Lakers' "best player" last season:

"All I can say is that, from my point of view, [Westbrook] was our best player last year. He played pretty much every single game, showed up, worked hard.”

CBS Sports NBA
@CBSSportsNBA
Jeanie Buss calls Russell Westbrook Lakers' 'best player last year,' backs off claim: He was most 'consistent'

Thoughts?

No trade partner
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

Jeanie Pod interview w/Amick

Full podcast:
🍎 https://apple.co/3CE75Ak
🎧 https://spoti.fi/3ABHmpk
🔗 https://bit.ly/3AzXQOO
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

CBS Sports NBA
@CBSSportsNBA

Thoughts?

Maybe she watched all the games drunk. Or maybe she wanted to insult the rest of the team by saying that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

CBS Sports NBA
@CBSSportsNBA

Thoughts?

Russ did suit up while Lebron and AD were on the bench in street clothes. Yet posters here still blame the record on Russ instead of where blame should be placed.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thelakersreview/status/1564670619068669953?s=21&t=YqpGXq8dir1E_3RcS_caiw
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Russ did suit up while Lebron and AD were on the bench in street clothes. Yet posters here still blame the record on Russ instead of where blame should be placed.

So in your mind 78 games of negative impact is better than 56 games of positive impact? Perhaps they should just resign A.C. Green.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 5 of 22
Jump to: