Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Starting Knebel says one thing - I don't trust you Urias to start the game!!!
Hopefully Urias isn't affected by this mind game --

Stupid move despite the analytics...

It's Urias. Kid's got ice water in his veins.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
#Giants Game 5 Lineup:

LaStella 2B
Ruf LF
Posey C
Crawford SS
Bryant CF
Yastrzemski RF
Flores 1B
Longoria 3B
Webb P

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Looking back at the regular season games and if I have this right it looks like Betts, Seager and Trea Turner didn’t face Webb in the regular season (in any of this 3 starts against the Dodgers). Trea Turner faced him once in a game when he was with Washington.

Muncy faced him several times, and so did Pollock who might not play. McKinstrey was in the lineup a couple of times and didn’t reach base.

My point is the lineups were significantly different in those games.

You're correct. I just looked at the game logs of all the starts vs the Dodgers this year (y'know, it's not like I'm going to get any work done today...lol) and yeah none of Betts, Seager and Trea played in any of the games.

The Giants have won all of his starts this year, but we were throwing out the likes of Zach Reks, Luke Raley and McKinstry.

I read about Webb always beating Urias this year, but fwiw Jansen blew one of those games after Urias left with a lead. In other game it was tied after both pitchers were taken out, and our bullpen was outpitched by theirs again. Those are the July games, and Urias more than held his own.

In May Urias had an awful start so Webb had by far the better day.

In any case, I read somewhere that Webb and Urias went head to head 3 times and Webb was 3-0, but that’s a misleading number.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

For a second I thought people were saying Gonsolin was starting.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
I think it’s a great move and smells of Friedman. I was asking for this in game 4..even better now. Best case Knebel goes 3 and Urias the distance. Don’t think for a second Doc has the brains to make this move.

This is modern baseball. This is a brilliant move.

I think this is really interesting and don’t hate it. One advantage is Julio might get to avoid the top of the lineup the first time. Might also help the team relax if you throw in someone that gives the team even just one good inning; game 1 got off to a horrible start and might have caused the hitters to press even more. Makes sense if Urias is a slow starter.

Would be even better if Knebel goes long enough that you can pinch hit for him and then bring in Urias.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

It shouldn’t mess with Urias warmup routine as he is expected to pitch several innings anyway, and Knebel most likely only goes an inning or two.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
I think it’s a great move and smells of Friedman. I was asking for this in game 4..even better now. Best case Knebel goes 3 and Urias the distance. Don’t think for a second Doc has the brains to make this move.

I think this is really interesting and don’t hate it. One advantage is Julio might get to avoid the top of the lineup the first time. Might also help the team relax if you throw in someone that gives the team even just one good inning; game 1 got off to a horrible start and might have caused the hitters to press even more. Makes sense if Urias is a slow starter.

Would be even better if Knebel goes long enough that you can pinch hit for him and then bring in Urias.

Yeah, Steve Mason had Urias's first inning numbers today. Can't remember exactly what they were, but they weren't exactly great. Something like a 4+ ERA and hitters hit like .260 against him.

But this will only work if Knebel can come out and put up zeros.

I highly doubt he's going to go 2, let alone 3, innings. But man, if he's still in there to get pinch hit for that would be great for us.

Means he's either dealing or our bats are doing their job to get down to his spot quickly.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Yeah so Tampa Ray's like. Just because it's modern doesn't make it better. You got a guy who is the first 20 game winner in the NL in 5 years and you tell him you don't trust him to start the game. He logic that he has bad first innings is just lame most starters have shakey first innings. If his first inning is inning 2 or inning 3 it's still his first inning. This just reeks of desperation and sends a negative message to the clubhouse.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Good luck tonight....
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Trae into a DP
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

.720 xBA (105.9 off the bat) on Seager lineout. Here we go again

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Good luck tonight....

Thanks.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Man, I’m so tired of seeing Mookie get on, only to watch Seager and Turner make outs after him.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

For being the fastest player in the league, trea sure seems to ground into a lot of double plays
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

2 down
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Mookie poor read again
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Only good thing about that half inning is I didn’t see many swings and misses like we saw in game 1. Can’t remember even one but I wasn’t counting so maybe I missed one or two.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

cmon Knebel
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Ump already screwing us
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

nice job Knebel
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Yeah so Tampa Ray's like. Just because it's modern doesn't make it better. You got a guy who is the first 20 game winner in the NL in 5 years and you tell him you don't trust him to start the game. He logic that he has bad first innings is just lame most starters have shakey first innings. If his first inning is inning 2 or inning 3 it's still his first inning. This just reeks of desperation and sends a negative message to the clubhouse.

I don’t think it sends a message they don’t trust him. Urias is still going to play a huge role in this game. The guy they don’t trust is really obvious in my opinion and that’s Gonsolin.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Strike 4!
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

This is the half glass empty type outlook IMO. You’re looking into this way too deep. It’s not that serious. They want Urias to probably get the last out or at least the 4th last out. If anything it shows they want to see him shut the other team down at the end like he did in the WS. Doesn’t send a bad message at all. Go out there..hopefully in the fourth and take us home. This has been happening in baseball for a long time and even if it’s kind of new for us doesn’t make it a bad thing. It’s fairly proven. Ace up our sleeve far as I’m concerned. I’m very proud of this move regardless the results.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

How are the bats looking? I can’t watch
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t realize the team would use a second reliever before Urias. Not sure how I feel about this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 260, 261, 262 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 261 of 395
Jump to: