Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Congrats to the dodgers on a worthy season to follow up their title. No shame in getting beaten by a hit and hungry team that was just fresh and locked in. Repeating is hard.

Yep. Also if you play the same team in the post season enough times you are bound to lose one.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Just a game at the end of the day guys. They’ll continue to make millions. Stay healthy..focus on family, friends and improving your life. Don’t let this bring you down. Chin up guys..Dodger baseball will be back in 5 months.

for sure.

for some reason, this isn't as disappointing as when we lost in previous years... probably because we won last year....

but boy, I still remember the pain when we lost to the Astro and Red Sox, Kershaw (bleep) on the mound... and then we get the news that both teams cheated, which added to the pain.

hope we do better next year. go Dodgers!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Congrats to the dodgers on a worthy season to follow up their title. No shame in getting beaten by a hit and hungry team that was just fresh and locked in. Repeating is hard.

Yep. Also if you play the same team in the post season enough times you are bound to lose one.

we could've won this series had we taken games 1 and 2... those were ours. but then again, the WS is just different we just running on fumes... our starters are all out of gas
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Just a game at the end of the day guys. They’ll continue to make millions. Stay healthy..focus on family, friends and improving your life. Don’t let this bring you down. Chin up guys..Dodger baseball will be back in 5 months.

for sure.

for some reason, this isn't as disappointing as when we lost in previous years... probably because we won last year....

but boy, I still remember the pain when we lost to the Astro and Red Sox, Kershaw (bleep) on the mound... and then we get the news that both teams cheated, which added to the pain.

Thumbs up.

Also the Braves are a classy organization. Freeman is my favorite player not a Dodger and our boy Joc is there so I will be rooting for them.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
seems like rotation next year will be Buehler, Urias, Scherzer, Bauer and maybe May?

I thought all the dodgers players didn't want anything to do with Bauer.

I don't believe they have a say on the matter... Bauer is signed for 100mil/3yrs

I don't see him opting out. he might not get the same from other teams.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakers and Rams left (for me). Maybe I can get lucky with the Rams, because the Lakers are pretty ass right now.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

Also the Braves are a classy organization. Freeman is my favorite player not a Dodger and our boy Joc is there so I will be rooting for them.

I'll be rooting for the Braves as well... same feelings with Freeman and Joc... I still root for Joc. and I like Acuna Jr as well.

but to be honest, the Astros might be just too good. They've bounced back so well from the scandal, and Dusty Baker is a good manager.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Lakers and Rams left (for me). Maybe I can get lucky with the Rams, because the Lakers are pretty ass right now.

Life long Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders fan here. It was always the Lakers first then Dodgers then Raiders. However, ever since Kobe retired, the Dodgers took the front seat for me. I like our Lakers team but it was never the same for me after Kobe's retirement. The Dodgers WS win was more meaningful to me than the Lakers title in 2020.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

Same. For me it's ANYBODY but the Astros.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Life long Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders fan here. It was always the Lakers first then Dodgers then Raiders. However, ever since Kobe retired, the Dodgers took the front seat for me. I like our Lakers team but it was never the same for me after Kobe's retirement. The Dodgers WS win was more meaningful to me than the Lakers title in 2020.

Yup I’m with you on that front.

Anyways I think what makes it worse is having to now focus on the mess the Lakers are. I don’t even want to go check out the lounge I can’t imagine what a (bleep) fest that is with the start we have had. Haven’t had any time to focus on all the Laker nonsense..if they were at least in a good place the transition could be easy
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

You can time your watch by CandyCanes trolling when the Dodgers lose in the playoffs.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

I'll be rooting for the Braves as well... same feelings with Freeman and Joc... I still root for Joc. and I like Acuna Jr as well.

but to be honest, the Astros might be just too good. They've bounced back so well from the scandal, and Dusty Baker is a good manager.

Yeah looks like a tough road for the Braves but hopefully they get it done. Also forgot to mention, I always had a soft spot for the Braves since the Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine days.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Appreciate this. The only pain now is moving onto the Lakers and the pain it is to be a Lakers fan right now
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Also, I'll be rooting for the Braves to beat the Astros. They're a hungry team, and they have Joc. Also a fan of Freeman, Acuna and a few of their other guys.

Hard-fought series, no shame in losing to a hotter team.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

Yeah looks like a tough road for the Braves but hopefully they get it done. Also forgot to mention, I always had a soft spot for the Braves since the Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine days.

Don’t forget Gary Sheffield…
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Yup I’m with you on that front.

Anyways I think what makes it worse is having to now focus on the mess the Lakers are. I don’t even want to go check out the lounge I can’t imagine what a (bleep) fest that is with the start we have had. Haven’t had any time to focus on all the Laker nonsense..if they were at least in a good place the transition could be easy

Hahahaha yeah. Its the sky is falling mood in there lol. I don't even want to go on game threads lol.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Boy was 32 right..lmao
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

(bleep). Sorry, guys. Good luck next year.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Betts, Seager and Turner were 0-11 with a walk.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
You can time your watch by CandyCanes trolling when the Dodgers lose in the playoffs.

The guy was quiet as a mouse when we beat his Giants. Had plenty of chances to post then.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

Probably just jealous. A lot of people liked to troll the Lakers teams with Kobe too, despite him winning 5 championships.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:

for sure.

Thumbs up.

I loved that dude when he was with us and actually people remember him from his Yankees or Marlins days but his actual best years were with us
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

This post season wasn't a total loss. We beat the giants in front of their home crowd.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Agreed. Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.

I’ve never witnessed a Raiders title as a fan. I wonder if I ever will.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 386 of 395
Jump to: