View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Our $300 million shortstop probably doesn’t even make that play. So (bleep) annoying when they make the defensive play.

I think if we played another 40 games, Seager might have found his groove.

Let's see how well he does in the playoffs for his next team.

Can't believe he failed in 5/6 playoffs. Wow.

At this point we know what kind of playoff performer he is.

It's a tragedy we believed in him so much we always batted him in the top of the order.

Seager sucked this playoffs... but to be fair, he also was injured early on... then when Dodgers lost 1st two games via collapse in the late innings, I saw life sucked out of him... he got worse by every at bat.

Ok, whatever the reason, I’m glad to pass on those excuses to his next fanbase.

A guy as talented as Seager shouldn’t he struggling in the playoffs in 5/6 years.

This guy is just too talented. Whatever he does in the regular season, you just know he’ll do worse in the postseason.

I had so much hope for him this year. He was crushing it at the end of the regular season. I thought for sure it was going to carryover into the playoffs.

Then the playoffs started and he turned into a pumpkin for the 5th time out of 6 years...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Just a game at the end of the day guys. They’ll continue to make millions. Stay healthy..focus on family, friends and improving your life. Don’t let this bring you down. Chin up guys..Dodger baseball will be back in 5 months.

for sure.

for some reason, this isn't as disappointing as when we lost in previous years... probably because we won last year....

but boy, I still remember the pain when we lost to the Astro and Red Sox, Kershaw (bleep) on the mound... and then we get the news that both teams cheated, which added to the pain.

hope we do better next year. go Dodgers!

Thumbs up.

Also the Braves are a classy organization. Freeman is my favorite player not a Dodger and our boy Joc is there so I will be rooting for them.

I'll be rooting for the Braves as well... same feelings with Freeman and Joc... I still root for Joc. and I like Acuna Jr as well.

but to be honest, the Astros might be just too good. They've bounced back so well from the scandal, and Dusty Baker is a good manager.

Yeah looks like a tough road for the Braves but hopefully they get it done. Also forgot to mention, I always had a soft spot for the Braves since the Maddux, Smoltz, and Glavine days.

that Braves rotation was nasty.

spooky enough, late innings of game 1, what kept playing in my head over and over was the bottom 9th 1992 NLCS, Braves walked off to go to the WS... Bob Costas called it, it was so iconic..

that play kept playing on my head... I knew I jinxed it for the Dodgers... gives me the creeps. the game 2 was another walk off...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
seems like rotation next year will be Buehler, Urias, Scherzer, Bauer and maybe May?

May might come back in the last 20-30 games of the season, not before.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
2022 Dodgers:

LF: Pollock
CF: Bellinger
RF: Betts
3B: Taylor
SS: Trea T.
2B: Lux
1B: Muncy
C: Smith
DH: Justin T.

Rotation:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) ??
4) ??
5) ??

3) May
4-5) two of Scherzer/Kershaw/Bauer

May won’t be back until the end of the year and he won’t be a starter. He’ll be a reliever like when Urias came back.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Our $300 million shortstop probably doesn’t even make that play. So (bleep) annoying when they make the defensive play.

It's a tragedy we believed in him so much we always batted him in the top of the order.

Seager sucked this playoffs... but to be fair, he also was injured early on... then when Dodgers lost 1st two games via collapse in the late innings, I saw life sucked out of him... he got worse by every at bat.

A guy as talented as Seager shouldn’t he struggling in the playoffs in 5/6 years.

This guy is just too talented. Whatever he does in the regular season, you just know he’ll do worse in the postseason.

I had so much hope for him this year. He was crushing it at the end of the regular season. I thought for sure it was going to carryover into the playoffs.

Then the playoffs started and he turned into a pumpkin for the 5th time out of 6 years...

can't make excuses for him.. I think he should improve next year whatever team he's on.. he might not sniff the post season with another team, that's a real possibility.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I thought Gonsolin would likely start. He has a career 2.85 era in the regular season. And 9.45 in the playoffs. But as a #5 starter he should be okay.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
This post season wasn't a total loss. We beat the giants in front of their home crowd.

we beat the Cards via walk off with a CT3 homer... who until that point was 8 for 72 (or something).

we came back from the jaws of defeat in game 3, with a 6% chance of winning that game.. with a monstrous improbable Bellinger homer capped by a Betts winning double

CT3 had a historic game 5 with 3 HR, Pollack had 2 in that game, Bellinger and Turner had 3 hits each

boy, if I wrote this script, Dodgers should win it all.. sadly, starters just ran out of gas.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Lakers and Rams left (for me). Maybe I can get lucky with the Rams, because the Lakers are pretty ass right now.

Life long Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders fan here. It was always the Lakers first then Dodgers then Raiders. However, ever since Kobe retired, the Dodgers took the front seat for me. I like our Lakers team but it was never the same for me after Kobe's retirement. The Dodgers WS win was more meaningful to me than the Lakers title in 2020.

Agreed. Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.

I’ve never witnessed a Raiders title as a fan. I wonder if I ever will.

This might be the season. But then again I been saying that for awhile lol.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
This post season wasn't a total loss. We beat the giants in front of their home crowd.

we beat the Cards via walk off with a CT3 homer... who until that point was 8 for 72 (or something).

we came back from the jaws of defeat in game 3, with a 6% chance of winning that game.. with a monstrous improbable Bellinger homer capped by a Betts winning double

CT3 had a historic game 5 with 3 HR, Pollack had 2 in that game, Bellinger and Turner had 3 hits each

boy, if I wrote this script, Dodgers should win it all.. sadly, starters just ran out of gas.

Most frustrating thing about this game was the fact that our bullpen didn't allow any runs. If Roberts went with another bullpen game today then we would of had a better chance. Everyone called it on this board. Why is it that Roberts don't see what we see? I read everyone's post here and they all have better ideas than Roberts. I'm not saying Roberts is a terrible manager. He did win the title but sometimes his decisions are mind boggling. But no sense in crying over spilled milk.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Lakers and Rams left (for me). Maybe I can get lucky with the Rams, because the Lakers are pretty ass right now.

Life long Lakers, Dodgers, and Raiders fan here. It was always the Lakers first then Dodgers then Raiders. However, ever since Kobe retired, the Dodgers took the front seat for me. I like our Lakers team but it was never the same for me after Kobe's retirement. The Dodgers WS win was more meaningful to me than the Lakers title in 2020.

Agreed. Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.

I’ve never witnessed a Raiders title as a fan. I wonder if I ever will.

This might be the season. But then again I been saying that for awhile lol.

It's going to be hard competing vs. Mahomes and Herbert for the next 10 years.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

can't make excuses for him.. I think he should improve next year whatever team he's on.. he might not sniff the post season with another team, that's a real possibility.

The sad thing is they always do. Whenever a player leaves our team, they tend to become real good. A lot of them. Its like they use not getting signed by our team again or getting traded as motivation and become a star.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
The sad thing is they always do. Whenever a player leaves our team, they tend to become real good. A lot of them. Its like they use not getting signed by our team again or getting traded as motivation and become a star.

Is this a recent phenomenon?

If I recall, it started with Maeda and Verdugo last year, and then Kike, Wood and Joc this year.

Before that I don’t remember ex Dodgers killing it after they left us.

Like when we traded Puig and Wood to Cincinnati, they both struggled.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

We ensured they would be miserable before us.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Atlanta is a very lucky team in that they get to face a depleted Dodgers team in the NLCS. We are basically a 3 starter team now and those guys haven't been sharp or reliable this series. Pretty far cry from the healthy pitching rotation that the team should be fielding.

Lol. You guys buy every player in the league and you don’t have enough depth?

Totally agreed. Just goes to show you that all the money in the world can’t buy you a championship without a winning organizational culture. And also that last year’s Arlington Invitational “title” deserves an asterisk after all, since it was pretty much invalidated by this year’s humiliation.

My suggestions as a shrewd and erudite observer:

-Let Jansen walk since he’s a set-up man at this point and promote Treinen to closer
-Let Kershaw walk
-Let Seager walk if he isn’t willing to move to third. Not able to play shortstop defensively and Trea Turner is better.
-Let Joe Kelly walk
-Fire Roberts
Re-sign Taylor, Knebel, and Scherzer

This is hilarious. Last year was an asterisk but we got cheated in 17 and 18. I’ll trade your one asterisk for 2.

And we buy everyone? Really? Our MVP was Muncy..anyone could have had him. Bellinger our own. Seager our own. Kersh our own. Will Smoth our own. CT3 we traded for, BP mostly our own or relievers that were basically done that we revived.

We made a move for Scherzer and TT because again thanks to our amazing farm had the best pieces. This is also how we got Betts. Anyone could have had those guys. Boston could have signed Betts or sent him anywhere else same goes for the Nationals.You think they handed those players to us for fun?

We “bought” Pollock. We paid for Bauer who signed for a pretty good deal until the allegations.

Don’t be upset our team has one of the best front offices in all of sports. A great farm system and making pretty solid decisions (despite our harsh criticism here since we are all diehards) is the reason for the success we have achieved. We don’t just throw money at players or “buy everyone”.

Oh Urias/Walker from our system too.

It’s all just the usual bait from this troll. It seems like his whole life revolves around the Dodgers losing which is pretty pathetic.

Yeah troll…I’m sure Andrew Friedman is reading this board and will take all your suggestions into consideration….🙄

Last edited by oasisdude77 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Is this a recent phenomenon?

If I recall, it started with Maeda and Verdugo last year, and then Kike, Wood and Joc this year.

Before that I don’t remember ex Dodgers killing it after they left us.

Like when we traded Puig and Wood to Cincinnati, they both struggled.

I wasn't just referring to the Dodgers when I said our team. The Lakers as well. Should of been more clear. But yeah not all of them become stars of course.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Atlanta is a very lucky team in that they get to face a depleted Dodgers team in the NLCS. We are basically a 3 starter team now and those guys haven't been sharp or reliable this series. Pretty far cry from the healthy pitching rotation that the team should be fielding.

Totally agreed. Just goes to show you that all the money in the world can’t buy you a championship without a winning organizational culture. And also that last year’s Arlington Invitational “title” deserves an asterisk after all, since it was pretty much invalidated by this year’s humiliation.

-Let Jansen walk since he’s a set-up man at this point and promote Treinen to closer
-Let Kershaw walk
-Let Seager walk if he isn’t willing to move to third. Not able to play shortstop defensively and Trea Turner is better.
-Let Joe Kelly walk
-Fire Roberts

The fact that this tired p-footing bs shtick you've been pulling for the last ten years dating back to when you were just a wee boy is so hilarious to me..... Whatever gets your rocks off, CC.

PS: We beat you.

Kiss my Converse.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject:

It's sad the Dodger season came to an end. it sucks we won 108 games and could never get home field advantage. It hurts too because the Lakers have sucked ass the first two games of their season.

But you know, the Dodgers won last year, first title in 32 years. We have been very competitive the past several years, and injuries and tired arms did us in this year.

Next season what do we do with the free agents?

If Kershaw or Bellinger what top dollar, I say let them walk, Bellinger more so than Kershaw. Will Bauer be back - wish we could get out of paying him if he remains suspended. Scherzer would be nice to have back, I hope he stays. Seager I'm iffy on, especially for top dollar. Let T. Turner play shortstop, Lux at second base, Taylor maybe replacing Belli in centerfield.

Congrats to the Braves; at least we beat the San Franny Giants - that's the equivalent of the Lakers beating the Smeltics.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

-Let Kershaw walk
-Let Joe Kelly walk
-Fire Roberts

The fact that this tired p-footing bs shtick you've been pulling for the last ten years dating back to when you were just a wee boy is so hilarious to me..... Whatever gets your rocks off, CC.

PS: We beat you.

It’s literally his entire life which says a lot about him
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Drifts wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Yeah I was always on the ‘keep seager at whatever cost train’ but no more.

He is not even worth $200 mill let alone $300 with the fact that he’s always injured, average at best defensively and never comes up clutch sans one year (and it was never really clutch…they were usually first inning homers).

And most that post daily on the thread are aware of how much I hate his approach at the plate. He swings at the stupidest pitches and usually on the first pitch. Then, of course, as seen in this NLCS, he’ll reverse course and just stare at dead red strikes.

One of the most frustrating players I’ve ever seen man.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

-Let Kershaw walk
-Let Joe Kelly walk
-Fire Roberts

This is hilarious. Last year was an asterisk but we got cheated in 17 and 18. I’ll trade your one asterisk for 2.

And we buy everyone? Really? Our MVP was Muncy..anyone could have had him. Bellinger our own. Seager our own. Kersh our own. Will Smoth our own. CT3 we traded for, BP mostly our own or relievers that were basically done that we revived.

We made a move for Scherzer and TT because again thanks to our amazing farm had the best pieces. This is also how we got Betts. Anyone could have had those guys. Boston could have signed Betts or sent him anywhere else same goes for the Nationals.You think they handed those players to us for fun?

We “bought” Pollock. We paid for Bauer who signed for a pretty good deal until the allegations.

Don’t be upset our team has one of the best front offices in all of sports. A great farm system and making pretty solid decisions (despite our harsh criticism here since we are all diehards) is the reason for the success we have achieved. We don’t just throw money at players or “buy everyone”.

Oh Urias/Walker from our system too.

It’s all just the usual bait from this troll. It seems like his whole life revolves around the Dodgers losing which is pretty pathetic.

Yeah troll…I’m sure Andrew Friedman is reading this board and will take all your suggestions into consideration….🙄

Can you even be a giants fan and a Laker fan at the same time? Seems like bandwagoning to me. I mean why not go be a Yankees and Celtics fan…wth?!

Last edited by strong9 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Well guys it was a great run. Multiple division wins, playoff wins, penants, and a World Series win.

I believe our run comes to an end with the current squad. Unless we change things up I don't see us being in this situation next year.

Also big congrats to Braves. Destroy the Astros!!!!!

We need a new batting coach, that's for sure. Whatever advice they gave this year sucked.

Just catching up here. I think it is beyond the batting coach. The Dodgers and Giants have similar strategies. Home runs. Shouldn’t be lost on anyone that they come from the same executive and management tree. We need to be more about contact and hitting the opposite way. We seem obsessed with launch angle. Home runs left this team and they couldn’t score. Home runs came to this team and they’d blow people out.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

I heard Seager will probably go to the Yankees....Kershaw is linked to the Rangers, but his competitive side will probably still keep the Dodgers as an option.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Well guys it was a great run. Multiple division wins, playoff wins, penants, and a World Series win.

I believe our run comes to an end with the current squad. Unless we change things up I don't see us being in this situation next year.

Also big congrats to Braves. Destroy the Astros!!!!!

We need a new batting coach, that's for sure. Whatever advice they gave this year sucked.

Just catching up here. I think it is beyond the batting coach. The Dodgers and Giants have similar strategies. Home runs. Shouldn’t be lost on anyone that they come from the same executive and management tree. We need to be more about contact and hitting the opposite way. We seem obsessed with launch angle. Home runs left this team and they couldn’t score. Home runs came to this team and they’d blow people out.

Been the same story for several years (with the exception of last) - minimal situational hitting, over-reliance on the long-ball. This postseason tells it all - we clobber teams but have extreme difficulty winning tight games (with the exception of the gem in G5 in SF). That three strikeouts in a row sequence in the Seventh inning summed it up nicely.

Even with all the starting pitching injuries, if our offense could have generated a few key hits in the first two games (or last night), we would be advancing. Of course it doesn't help that Muncy - our most prolific power player and RBI generator - was lost on a fluke injury in the last game of the year.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
It's sad the Dodger season came to an end. it sucks we won 108 games and could never get home field advantage. It hurts too because the Lakers have sucked ass the first two games of their season.

But you know, the Dodgers won last year, first title in 32 years. We have been very competitive the past several years, and injuries and tired arms did us in this year.

If Kershaw or Bellinger what top dollar, I say let them walk, Bellinger more so than Kershaw. Will Bauer be back - wish we could get out of paying him if he remains suspended. Scherzer would be nice to have back, I hope he stays. Seager I'm iffy on, especially for top dollar. Let T. Turner play shortstop, Lux at second base, Taylor maybe replacing Belli in centerfield.

Congrats to the Braves; at least we beat the San Franny Giants - that's the equivalent of the Lakers beating the Smeltics.

It is a travesty that we didn't have home field in this series despite winning 18 more games than the opponent. Makes zero sense, especially considering that we would have had it in the next series. MLB needs to change its antiquated, illogical rules and get with the times. Re-seed everyone for the playoffs by record.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

It is a travesty that we didn't have home field in this series despite winning 18 more games than the opponent. Makes zero sense, especially considering that we would have had it in the next series. MLB needs to change its antiquated, illogical rules and get with the times. Re-seed everyone for the playoffs by record.

Isn’t it totally the opposite of that though? The NBA has 6 divisions just like MLB. The NFL has 8 divisions. Both have awarded weak division winners way too much; in the past that happened less often because they had fewer divisions.

One reason MLB went to 6 divisions was to get with the times.

It’s one reason I hate having so many divisions. It leads to more bs like this. The NFL has had 7-9 and 8-8 teams host a playoff game against a 12-4 team. It’s stupid.

But players and owners probably like having all those divisions too much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 387 of 395
Jump to: