Rumor: The Lakers have shown interest in trading for DeMar DeRozan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3761

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.
_________________
DEAR BASKETBALL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2020
Posts: 133

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:
3baller wrote:
1OfThem1z wrote:

Basketball do you know it?


1OfThem1z wrote:
What do you guys think about Trey Burke if KCP leaves?

He can fit in nicely in the starting lineup. He's a scorer and can play off LeBron and AD.


That's rich coming from a dude whose off season move is to replace KCP with Trey Burke in, get this, the starting lineup
Did I hurt your feelings?😂


Only thing you can hurt are my/other poster's eyes after reading your bad takes
this is personal I can tell because you replying to my older post.😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10812

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

1OfThem1z wrote:
I don't care about fit. I don't see a team beating a trio of LeBron/AD/Derozan. Those are 3 legit all-stars. We now matchup better with the Clippers with Kawhi/PG vs Derozan/LeBron and they still have no answer for AD.

Anybody who think this is a bad trade for us doesn't know basketball. If you have a chance to pair 3 all-stars you do it and figure out this fit later.

We can add shooters in FA if we have to.


I'm mixed on this. He's very good at the mid range and get down around the basket game. But egad, that 3 shooting, and am just not sure if the defense becomes an issue.

With that said, a player like him to really be the #2 guy (or #1) when LBJ rests, or AD rests, or when both rest, is appealing, and would probably be a bit of a nightmare for opposing coaches. We'd just need to make sure there are sufficient defenders around him, and make sure he gets the lighter assignments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10812

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was wrong on Rondo/Dwight's fit on the Lakers. We all pointed out all the shortcomings while ignoring their positives to the team. I will absolutely not lose any sleep if the Lakers trade for DROZ. I think he can help the team.

He also isn't the ideal fit either, but neither were Rondo/Dwight (and I get that DROZ makes multiples more...but he's a possible expiring deal anyways).

It's really not as big of a deal that some are making it out to be. If anything, AD/LBJ has taught us how much they simplify things for other players due to their dominant play.


If its Kuz and Green, yea, I'm not really losing any sleep as well. Kuz a better 3 shooter, but DeRozan a vastly superior overall offensive player. While I appreciate the things DG brought from time to time, its not like he isnt a replaceable cog - assuming we keep KCP. AC would get more playing time as well, which is a good thing. I just hope he (AC) becomes a better 3 shooter in the off season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 10812

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.


You echo the other part of me that would prefer we move in a different direction that DRR...glad I'm not the one that may have to make this call.

But I will say this: I've been a huge supporter of Kuz but that has dwindled quite a bit this season. And I do not view DRR the as the same sort of headache WB can be (at this point, I would not touch WB with a 10 foot pole; his career at this point will probably end up on some perennial bad team where he can "run the show" like he wants, get them to be a 7 or 8th seed, and fade meekly in the first round).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21193

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Those that rag on Derozan need to have watched him in San Antonio last season, he was still a 22 ppg scorer but Pop put him in his best spots and he shot 53% from the field despite shooting 26% from three.

He'd give the Lakers a 3rd scorer, and all they got rid of was Danny Green and Kyle Kuzma, whom last season shot 31% and 36% from three last season.

If we unloaded Green and Kuzma and got Derozan. We'd still have the room to get Gallo on an MLE and sign Cousins and Howard back to the team then that'd be a solid off-season.

Personally my want for SG for the Lakers would be Joe Harris whom shoots 42-47% from three as I think that would fit even better, but adding Derozan to the team while losing Kuz and Green would be a plus not a negative.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 14602
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

That excitement Demar spoke about the Lakers coming fresh off a Championship and still wanting him makes me only think Popp is probably like F@%$ this I’m not trading you there!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21193

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Derozan Lockdown Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy456w_3X1A
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Nov 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

I don't understand how these guys can't shoot threes. It just blows my mind. How the hell can someone like Marc Gasol at age 32 decide he's just going to start shooting threes one day (.366 shooter on 3.6 attempts her game since then), but guys like DeRozan, Simmons, or Westbrook just can't do it?

My only hope would be that DDR could reinvent himself (like, say, Gasol) and add the skill. I mean, I gotta say, Rondo has transformed himself into a pretty decent 3 pointer shooter (.345 in the regular season since joining the Lakers, .400 in the playoffs this year). But, anyway, trading for someone that isn't a great fit on paper and hoping they transform their skillset doesn't seem like a great plan. For every Gasol or Rondo there are probably 10 guys that never pan out. Kuzma, for example, has been very underwhelming from 3 since LeBron joined, even though that has been a point of emphasis for him (or at least I presume).

I'm very lukewarm on DDR. I think there are better fits out there.


Last edited by LeBronsPregameChalk on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Nov 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.

Even if you think Kuzma is a playoff-caliber defender (that's romanticizing it, imo - I don't care what the advanced metrics say), you can't let that hold up a trade if you think it's an improvement. At best, Kuzma is a "playoff-caliber defender" that can't shoot well. You can easily find a playoff-caliber defender that can't shoot well on a vet min contract.

Green is a legit defender for sure but his three point shooting has gone to hell. Over his last 66 playoff games, he's shooting .330 from three. What the hell happened to this guy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 694

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Those that rag on Derozan need to have watched him in San Antonio last season, he was still a 22 ppg scorer but Pop put him in his best spots and he shot 53% from the field despite shooting 26% from three.

He'd give the Lakers a 3rd scorer, and all they got rid of was Danny Green and Kyle Kuzma, whom last season shot 31% and 36% from three last season.

If we unloaded Green and Kuzma and got Derozan. We'd still have the room to get Gallo on an MLE and sign Cousins and Howard back to the team then that'd be a solid off-season.

Personally my want for SG for the Lakers would be Joe Harris whom shoots 42-47% from three as I think that would fit even better, but adding Derozan to the team while losing Kuz and Green would be a plus not a negative.


Derozen would probably be featured more in the first half of the season to allow LeBron & AD to play less minutes and expend less energy on the court after this extremely short offseason. Most other teams' players will be coming in well-rested and of course will give their best efforts vs. the champs. Not saying I think DDR is the best option we have for that consideration, but it's important as we build toward a stretch run and a back-to-back championship.

If that is the way we go, I think it's critical that we add outside shooting with whatever else we do. Gallo or Ibaka would both be great. Joe Harris? Sign me up (better defender than he's given credit for, especially in a team concept). If Kuz goes, I really hope we bring back Kief-he's shown he can hit 3s and I can't argue with his toughness. Kuzma's salary desires are probably known to management, and franklt Derozen's might be too, which might be the subtext here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.

Even if you think Kuzma is a playoff-caliber defender (that's romanticizing it, imo - I don't care what the advanced metrics say), you can't let that hold up a trade if you think it's an improvement. At best, Kuzma is a "playoff-caliber defender" that can't shoot well. You can easily find a playoff-caliber defender that can't shoot well on a vet min contract.

Green is a legit defender for sure but his three point shooting has gone to hell. Over his last 66 playoff games, he's shooting .330 from three. What the hell happened to this guy?


As bad of a shooter as you say Kuz and Green are, DeRozan is markedly worse. He doesn't even attempt them as he's that bad. At their worse Kuz shoots low 30s percent and Green shoots mid 30s. DeRozan shoots upper 20s. And isn't as good a defender as either
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6502

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

I keep seeing proposals with the add on line stating “ then just add shooters”. Where are all these “shooters” coming from?

Wasn’t that the same issue from last year when they added guys like Daniels, Cook, Smith or Waiters and they couldn’t earn playing time? Or if they did were defensive liabilities.

Lakers were able to get amazing 3pt% increases with Rondo, Morris and even James and Davis from regular season to playoffs. But not the “shooters”. Who spent most of the time on the bench because they were not capable of doing what the Lakers did best.... play defense.

That was an identity to win games. What will the identity be this season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138773
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.

Even if you think Kuzma is a playoff-caliber defender (that's romanticizing it, imo - I don't care what the advanced metrics say), you can't let that hold up a trade if you think it's an improvement. At best, Kuzma is a "playoff-caliber defender" that can't shoot well. You can easily find a playoff-caliber defender that can't shoot well on a vet min contract.

Green is a legit defender for sure but his three point shooting has gone to hell. Over his last 66 playoff games, he's shooting .330 from three. What the hell happened to this guy?


As bad of a shooter as you say Kuz and Green are, DeRozan is markedly worse. He doesn't even attempt them as he's that bad. At their worse Kuz shoots low 30s percent and Green shoots mid 30s. DeRozan shoots upper 20s. And isn't as good a defender as either


DeRozan TS% .603
Kuzma .531
Green .552

Who is the better shooter?
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 894

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Motion 3pt shooting 3&D will bring an additional dimension to our half court offense.

I recognize the value of adding another playmaker. That's why my pipedream trade is for Joe Ingles. Playmaking wing defender who can shoot off the dribble and off screens who costs only 10.8M next season.


Which motion shooter?

Joe Ingles fell off a cliff last season. It won't show in the basic stats, but it showed on tape and advanced.


That's even worse if you're trying to make a case for DDR. Ingles fell off a cliff last season according to you and yet his RPM, PIPM and RAPTOR are still better than Derozan's. Derozan has the edge in BPM. Ingles will only make 10.8M next season compared to DDR's near 28M.

Also, Derozan is a high usage, ball dominant scorer. You know what happens to those type of players when they suddenly become a 3rd banana on their 1st year on a Lebron team? Yep, they fall off a pretty steep cliff offensively. And it's not like Derozan has his defense to fall back on if he can't get it going offensively.
_________________
Plan A - Schroder/Hield/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Plan B- Schroder/Powell/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12662
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Derozan Lockdown Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy456w_3X1A


I'm sold. And if Thibbs can scheme around Paul Pierce's defensive liabilities, Vogel can do the same with DD. Hate the Celts but that 2008 team was all-time great defensively.

The versatility DD would add to Bron and AD would be fun. They'd be a legit big 3. But no way Pop trades him to the Lakers though so this is pipe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.

Even if you think Kuzma is a playoff-caliber defender (that's romanticizing it, imo - I don't care what the advanced metrics say), you can't let that hold up a trade if you think it's an improvement. At best, Kuzma is a "playoff-caliber defender" that can't shoot well. You can easily find a playoff-caliber defender that can't shoot well on a vet min contract.

Green is a legit defender for sure but his three point shooting has gone to hell. Over his last 66 playoff games, he's shooting .330 from three. What the hell happened to this guy?


As bad of a shooter as you say Kuz and Green are, DeRozan is markedly worse. He doesn't even attempt them as he's that bad. At their worse Kuz shoots low 30s percent and Green shoots mid 30s. DeRozan shoots upper 20s. And isn't as good a defender as either


DeRozan TS% .603
Kuzma .531
Green .552

Who is the better shooter?


I should've been more specific. I'm addressing 3pt shooting. Mid range and at the rim is where Bron and AD already operate. Adding DeRozan is just creating more redundancy. We need to spread the floor and DeRozan hurts floor spacing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6502

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Spurs will trade with the Lakers. As will any team. Just depends on the deal.

I expect the Lakers to make one of these proposed trades, whether Derozan, Paul or name your pleasure. But I also expect it to be lopsided ( as least IMO) and be disappointed with it. And I might be wrong in the eventual outcome.

The clamor to add a third “star” will override the issues of depth, defense or team chemistry. I am in the minority that those things matter more then the cost of adding the “star”. We”ll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 7554

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

28% career 3pt shooting! Are we serious about getting this guy? He's not an all-star. He might be an all-star in the D-League...I mean Eastern Conference but he's not an all-star in the West. This guy left Toronto and Toronto won a championship. Came to SA and SA missed the playoffs. He was the number 1 or number 2 option in both teams. I was right about Dwight from day one and I'm gonna be right about DeRoz as well. I hope Rob thinks the same way again and stays off him.

Based on history, if the majority of LG likes this guy, then I'm positive he's going to be a bad fit for the Lakers.
_________________
He will be called Westbrick until he leads the Lakers in scoring in a win or produces a triple double.


Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7268

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Spurs will trade with the Lakers. As will any team. Just depends on the deal.

I expect the Lakers to make one of these proposed trades, whether Derozan, Paul or name your pleasure. But I also expect it to be lopsided ( as least IMO) and be disappointed with it. And I might be wrong in the eventual outcome.

The clamor to add a third “star” will override the issues of depth, defense or team chemistry. I am in the minority that those things matter more then the cost of adding the “star”. We”ll see.

Agree. They seem to be in rebuild mode. If deal makes sense they are smart enough to engage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 7554

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

Is it possible for a mod to add a poll to this thread? Something like "should we sign DeRozan?"
_________________
He will be called Westbrick until he leads the Lakers in scoring in a win or produces a triple double.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 10187

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Man the Spurs got hosed in the Kawhi deal. Leonard, Aldridge, Popovic, maybe a couple other decent moves by Buford and they’re a contender. Instead, they traded Kawhi and Green for DeRozan, and may be on the verge of tanking.

Now LG is split on whether DeRozan is worth Green and Kuzma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 4788

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Aiming for Deroz is the same kind of Front Office mentality that brought WB to Houston. A big name allstar without consideration to core personnel. You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders, both of whom have a known role on a championship team, and have the ability to become more comfortable hitting threes. They have both earned the trust of lakernation and should only be sacrificed for trade for a guy that is a long term investment that will be Mamba’s DFish or MJ’s Pip. The question is simply this: Is Droz AD’s reason to sign long term with Lakeshow? I say, Beal or no deal, and you run it back with a short term FA merc like Ibaka.


"You’re sacrificing 2 playoff caliber defenders..." Seriously?! DG and Kuz?! Also, remember, DRR is a multiple-year All-Star.


Yes. Seriously.

Even if you think Kuzma is a playoff-caliber defender (that's romanticizing it, imo - I don't care what the advanced metrics say), you can't let that hold up a trade if you think it's an improvement. At best, Kuzma is a "playoff-caliber defender" that can't shoot well. You can easily find a playoff-caliber defender that can't shoot well on a vet min contract.

Green is a legit defender for sure but his three point shooting has gone to hell. Over his last 66 playoff games, he's shooting .330 from three. What the hell happened to this guy?


As bad of a shooter as you say Kuz and Green are, DeRozan is markedly worse. He doesn't even attempt them as he's that bad. At their worse Kuz shoots low 30s percent and Green shoots mid 30s. DeRozan shoots upper 20s. And isn't as good a defender as either


DeRozan TS% .603
Kuzma .531
Green .552

Who is the better shooter?


I should've been more specific. I'm addressing 3pt shooting. Mid range and at the rim is where Bron and AD already operate. Adding DeRozan is just creating more redundancy. We need to spread the floor and DeRozan hurts floor spacing


As far as advance stats are concerned: layups, free throws and threes are king. DDR gets to the line at very high rate and like VLF started shoots a TS% .603.

So many times last year we lacked a guy who could manufacture a score and this guy does that better than almost anyone. As far as redundancy, we have a good coach who could rotate LBJ and DDR's minutes and create a system that plays to our strengths.

I don't want to lose Kuz so if we don't make this trade I'll be cool with it. But DDR is a great player that I think makes us a better team this year and maybe next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 2688

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

Watching the season play out in real time, did anyone think to themselves..."man...what this team really needs is DeMar DeRozan"? Seems like mostly everyone wanted someone who could slow down Kawhi (which funny enough turned out to be Kuz) and Rondo to not actively sabotage the team every time he stepped on the floor. Minor upgrades. And even with that we were still the best team in the west all season long.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 894

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Derozan's offensive impact will plummet as the 3rd banana. It happened to Bosh and Love, it's gonna happen to DDR. Being a negative player defensively, we would be lucky if DDR would have break even impact for us while we pay him 28M next season.
_________________
Plan A - Schroder/Hield/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Plan B- Schroder/Powell/Lebron/AD/Gasol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB