DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Losing Schroeder another 2 weeks to another positive test in the playoffs would be detrimental. We need EVERYBODY playing in the Playoffs. We can't take any risks.

This team clearly hurts without him.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Should owners be subjected to this type of risk?

I don't have a definitive answer and it's a touchy subject...

The Lakers are seriously risking their postseason chances. The top player in the NBA and then a top 3? on our team ...
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

From what I remember DS said in his interview regarding his COVID protocol, it sounded like he was leaning towards getting the vaccine.

He will have to wait 14 days after being diagnosed with COVID and if he is getting 2 shots, it could be towards the playoff times before he can be "excused" from certain COVID protocols..unless he gets the J&J shot which is just one shot.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
I passed up the vaccine the first time it was offered. Lost two co-workers to Covid. Not saying everyone who gets it will die, but it’s real. Needless to say I’m vaccinated now...after I got the virus and was sick as heck, meanwhile my wife only lost taste. I look at peoples lungs every day for a living and this isn’t some cold.

Why did you pass it up the first time if you’re a doctor?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
I passed up the vaccine the first time it was offered. Lost two co-workers to Covid. Not saying everyone who gets it will die, but it’s real. Needless to say I’m vaccinated now...after I got the virus and was sick as heck, meanwhile my wife only lost taste. I look at peoples lungs every day for a living and this isn’t some cold.

Why did you pass it up the first time if you’re a doctor?

Not to answer the question for Candy, but a few doctor's at my work initially passed up the vaccine. Just about all of them got it now.

One of the doctors got COVID 3 months ago and it scared the crap out of him. He was having a hard time breathing and wasn't sure he be okay despite that he was in his 40s and was healthy. He was fine after a few weeks, but he said the anxiety was too much for him so he was scared to get a COVID vaccine.

But after some time seeing others get vaccinated around him, he started to feel more comfortable.

My brother he is a nurse got COVID in December and still hasn't got a shot yet. He said the fear of putting "COVID" in him again is just too much.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Idiot was streaming his Cod games on twitch during the game. Go get your covid shot idiot.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Idiot was streaming his Cod games on twitch during the game. Go get your covid shot idiot.

During the Lakers game, tonight?

Wow. Yeah not worth it...let some other team take him, his video games and YouTube channel.

It’s not so much that he does all that stuff, it’s the stupidity of not being aware of his situation...or he doesn’t care.

If Kobe was around, he would say ship his ass out.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

$215,277 paid to him Per Game
$0 Covid Shot

If you opt out of the shot you should have to sign a waiver opting out of being paid for any games missed due to positive diagnosis?

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/josephtatul/status/1390521965002182658?s=21

SMH
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Clown
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2021/05/06/cooper-camden-philadelphia-76ers-covid-19-vaccine.html
Quote:
Two 76ers players, Danny Green and Isaiah Joe, recorded videos in which they encouraged others to get a Covid-19 vaccine and explained why they received theirs.

“I just wanted to get vaccinated because I wanted to get back to normal and to see my family and friends and inspire others to get our country back to normal,” said Green.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

During the Lakers game, tonight?

Wow. Yeah not worth it...let some other team take him, his video games and YouTube channel.

It’s not so much that he does all that stuff, it’s the stupidity of not being aware of his situation...or he doesn’t care.

If Kobe was around, he would say ship his ass out.

Someone's gonna come in and defend him, but with that and the COVID issue (twice in the season), it's just leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

Somebody on reddit summed up my thoughts about him:

"That's why this is on him. He won't get a vaccine, and on the day he outs LeBron and gets put back into quarantine an interview comes out where he talks about how he won't take the vaccine that was offered, but he also can't go back into quarantine.

I wonder how he could have avoided quarantine? Not only did he turn down the vaccine, but he also posted video of himself walking around amusement parks without a mask. He did everything that he was asked not to do, and I bet that he was still shocked when they told him that he let his team down again.

So, what did Dennis do tonight as his team was plagued by injuries and getting pummeled by the Clippers? He started streaming, and this is the guy that turned down 4/80, because he needs a "fairer" offer."

This dudes a clown and a selfish teammate. Covid isnt magically going away, more mutations may show up next season. If he won't take it seriously than no thanks he can find another team.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

This is Pelinka's doing.

Again, Robert Pelinka approaches his job as an agent, not a GM. He went for the so-called "sweet deals" without taking into consideration the climate and environment of the organization. That's why we have this logjam issue at the center position. Then he brings in yet another center because he cares more about scoring a cool "deal" than whatever the climate of the team is. I'm not fan of Gasol, but Gasol is playable and effective, to an extent, but Pelinka completely ignorned that and brought in Drummond anyway. Now we have at least one (Gasol) center not happy, possibly two (Harrell's been moping) and maybe even three (Drummond's getting frustrated).

Continuing with Robs take on this, we we have this selfish, greedy jackass Dennis S (tired trying to spell his last name correctly) instead of the high IQ, floor general Rajon Rondo, who was willing to play for a much smaller salary.
As soon as this arrogant a-hole Dennis S. turned down millions of dollars to play for the greatest franchise in the NBA, Rob should have shipped him out. He's selfish and unreliable, and he doesn't fit the mold of what we should have on this team. But the fact that we have him, instead of Rondo, and that we have the mess the center position, instead of the energy and positive vibes we had with Dwight and Javelle, points directly at the fumblings of Mr. Robert Pelinka.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Somebody on reddit summed up my thoughts about him:

"That's why this is on him. He won't get a vaccine, and on the day he outs LeBron and gets put back into quarantine an interview comes out where he talks about how he won't take the vaccine that was offered, but he also can't go back into quarantine.

I wonder how he could have avoided quarantine? Not only did he turn down the vaccine, but he also posted video of himself walking around amusement parks without a mask. He did everything that he was asked not to do, and I bet that he was still shocked when they told him that he let his team down again.

So, what did Dennis do tonight as his team was plagued by injuries and getting pummeled by the Clippers? He started streaming, and this is the guy that turned down 4/80, because he needs a "fairer" offer."

This dudes a clown and a selfish teammate. Covid isnt magically going away, more mutations may show up next season. If he won't take it seriously than no thanks he can find another team.

The thing that is truly amazing is the dude wears a mask to every zoom call with the media, but he gets COVID twice?

The perception (fair or not) becomes that he has character issues and is only using that mask so the media can’t tell his facial reactions to questions. Not someone I would give $20M+ to...even 16-18 is pushing it tbh. At least Kuzma and KCP are responsible and accountable to coaches and teammates.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

We don’t know his beliefs. Maybe being vaccinated is something he doesn’t take lightly.

Just hope he gets back in time and if you aren’t a fan this will make parting of ways easier
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

I just thank God that social media didn't exist during the launch of the polio and smallpox vaccines.

Of course, people tend to be a lot less selfish when it can happen to a young person vs. old or sick people.

The same people who argue that we can't do without even one less cop... are walking around exposing vulnerable people to Covid. There were 19,000 homicides last year which was extra violent because of lower police presence... and there were 578,000 Covid deaths. They are worried about 4,000 extra homicides... but somehow find 578,000 something that can just run its course. Even if the homicide rate went up ten times... it would be a third of the damage of Covid... but these people can't fathom life with one less police officer. And I don't even believe in defunding the police... I believe in reform so young black men don't keep getting killed... but I don't have a problem with police in general.

Schroder isn't an ass because he has his own view on the vaccine... he is one because what he does can kill a weak person. We've known since the beginning a young healthy person has almost no chance of dying... but since when is it acceptable to put old and sick people at risk. We get outraged when we see someone beat up an old person on camera... but this disease is like getting beaten from the inside... often slowly suffocating someone for months.

This isn't a two sides type of argument... it's science vs. either stupidity or supreme selfishness.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
We don’t know his beliefs. Maybe being vaccinated is something he doesn’t take lightly.

Just hope he gets back in time and if you aren’t a fan this will make parting of ways easier

I know some have issues with him not getting vaccinated. I don’t get into that debate. That’s a personal choice imo.

The part that shows his true colors is how he has acted in the media with the face mask and on twitch while his team is getting their asses kicked with no ball handling guards because he chooses when to wear a face mask and when not to...

The ironic part is he chooses to wear a mask in a tested area with not many people around.
Burner Account
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I know some have issues with him not getting vaccinated. I don’t get into that debate. That’s a personal choice imo.

The part that shows his true colors is how he has acted in the media with the face mask and on twitch while his team is getting their asses kicked with no ball handling guards because he chooses when to wear a face mask and when not to...

The ironic part is he chooses to wear a mask in a tested area with not many people around.

He's a strange fella he is...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

No apply this same level of hatred to LBJ, who is far more important to the team than Dennis. Both apparently have not received the vaccine...
Burner Account
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
No apply this same level of hatred to LBJ, who is far more important to the team than Dennis. Both apparently have not received the vaccine...

And I've ALWAYS noticed that Lebron be doing the peek-a-boo nose thing and chin diaper thing with his mask during games. Is that being very considerate of those around you, Leb?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it's really bad if LBJ hasn't taken it because he has way more influence on millions of vulnerable Americans. However, LBJ was protected by HIPAA laws so it was messed up that Dennis outed him, if what he said was true.

If LBJ admits he didn't take it, I think it's even worse because he could actually help a community that has been more impacted by the disease.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

How many times has Lebron been out due to Covid protocol? This is Dennis' strike 2.

I think both of them are selfish for not getting the vaccine. And Lebron is playing with fire by not getting it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How many times has Lebron been out due to Covid protocol? This is Dennis' strike 2.

I think both of them are selfish for not getting the vaccine. And Lebron is playing with fire by not getting it.

We may be able to surmount Dennis being out.

With LBJ out due to COVID? We are DONE.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Yeah, it's really bad if LBJ hasn't taken it because he has way more influence on millions of vulnerable Americans. However, LBJ was protected by HIPAA laws so it was messed up that Dennis outed him, if what he said was true.

If LBJ admits he didn't take it, I think it's even worse because he could actually help a community that has been more impacted by the disease.

HIPAA doesn't apply to Dennis. But it's not exactly like LBJ has been waxing poetically about the vaccine, and I agree with you, that it has a ripple effect b/c a lot of people look up to him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 137 of 284
Jump to: