DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Would Porland take Kuzma for Anfernee Simons?

I think he is ready to take the leap...
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

srekal2 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis wants 100M, but Lonzo is a better 3pt shooter and passer I prefer to go after Lonzo Ball.

How do you propose the Lakers sign Lonzo Ball with no cap space?

Sign and trade

Who would the Pels want off this roster? If you say Dennis, how do we know he wants to go to New Orleans?

Secondly, why would the Pels look to help the Lakers improve when they own multiple picks from the Lakers?
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Would Porland take Kuzma for Anfernee Simons?

I think he is ready to take the leap...

Simmons makes 3 million next season and Kuz makes 13 million.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
srekal2 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis wants 100M, but Lonzo is a better 3pt shooter and passer I prefer to go after Lonzo Ball.

Sign and trade

Who would the Pels want off this roster? If you say Dennis, how do we know he wants to go to New Orleans?

Secondly, why would the Pels look to help the Lakers improve when they own multiple picks from the Lakers?

I don’t think Dennis wants to be on the Pels, and doubt they want to pay Dennis 20m. However, given zo’s injury history the Pels may want him to be on the Lakers? 🤷 Over 4 seasons Zo is averaging 54 games a season.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

What is a full max these days? $27 million per year? I can't see another team offering him that right now, unless they just try to poison pill the Lakers...

But, at the same time, they have to realize that we could call them on their bluff, and they would get stuck with him on that deal. I truly hope we can re-sign him...Right now, he is a stock at a really low point. You never want to sell a stock at a low point, especially when you know it will go higher. Also, if you get him on a decent deal, he will be easy to trade if you change your mind later.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
What is a full max these days? $27 million per year? I can't see another team offering him that right now, unless they just try to poison pill the Lakers...

But, at the same time, they have to realize that we could call them on their bluff, and they would get stuck with him on that deal. I truly hope we can re-sign him...Right now, he is a stock at a really low point. You never want to sell a stock at a low point, especially when you know it will go higher. Also, if you get him on a decent deal, he will be easy to trade if you change your mind later.

i was one of the few fans of his. i think 16per is a good offer.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
srekal2 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sign and trade

I don’t think Dennis wants to be on the Pels, and doubt they want to pay Dennis 20m. However, given zo’s injury history the Pels may want him to be on the Lakers? 🤷 Over 4 seasons Zo is averaging 54 games a season.

Dennis is a guy who will play on Pluto if the team is highest bidder.

Why do you think he doesn't want to play for pels?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Ds would be good on peels with Zion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
srekal2 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sign and trade

Dennis is a guy who will play on Pluto if the team is highest bidder.

Why do you think he doesn't want to play for pels?

They have Bledsoe at PG. BI and Zion are also main ball handlers. What is he going to do? Sit in the corner and spot up? I highly doubt Pels will pay the $20m in a S&T to be hard capped for Dennis.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don’t think Dennis wants to be on the Pels,

They have Bledsoe at PG. BI and Zion are also main ball handlers. What is he going to do? Sit in the corner and spot up? I highly doubt Pels will pay the $20m in a S&T to be hard capped for Dennis.

my question was to the bolded part. it was about u saying dennis doesnt want to play for pels. why is that?

he will play for the higest bidder and worry about the role later
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

my question was to the bolded part. it was about u saying dennis doesnt want to play for pels. why is that?

And my question is why would the Pels give him 20m with Bledsoe there and if Zo is better why aren’t they keeping him? Unrealistic. Double S&Ts rarely happen bc two teams get hard capped. I doubt Lakers want to go through that hell again.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That’s a fair point. But Schroder may be motivated in part by choosing where he wants to play. So far, other than signing an extension with the Hawks, he’s had no control. I don’t know that this is a 100% mercenary decision.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And my question is why would the Pels give him 20m with Bledsoe there and if Zo is better why aren’t they keeping him? Unrealistic. Double S&Ts rarely happen bc two teams get hard capped. I doubt Lakers want to go through that hell again.

U said I don't think dennis doesn't want to play for pels. I am asking why
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

U said I don't think dennis doesn't want to play for pels. I am asking why

Probably because it’s a smaller market and they always lose.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

What exactly do you see in him and how do you expect him to help us win a championship? He's a great ball handler but a poor 3-pt shooter. He wants to start alongside Lebron but we've already got Lebron handling the ball and need him to spread the floor with his 3-pt shooting which he is terrible at. So again. how exactly does he help us win a championship?

Schroeder is a great player and nice to have if we didn't have Lebron. This is still Lebron's team for at least a few more years so we have to cater the team to Lebron. Right now, in the best interest of the Lakers, I just hope another team sees value in Schroeder and decides on a S&T so we could get something in return.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

The Knicks/Bulls/Raptors are expected to pursue Dennis Schroeder per Shams.. interesting thing is that all those teams can give us something in a S&T.. Lowry/Rose/Thad Young+Sato
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Knicks/Bulls/Raptors are expected to pursue Dennis Schroeder per Shams.. interesting thing is that all those teams can give us something in a S&T.. Lowry/Rose/Thad Young+Sato

Link?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Knicks Bulls and Raptors.

The Lakers team needs more offense. And in all honesty Lowry doesn't give us anything Schroeder already doesn't, except Schroeder is younger, plays solid defense and is faster and costs less.

Derrick Rose doesn't want to play with LeBron James, especially after what went down in Cleveland. Thad Young adds nothing of significance that Kuzma already wouldn't and doesn't.

Re-signing Schroeder shouldn't be to get the likes of Lowry whom is an older version of Schroeder with less in the tank and costing more money. You re-sign Schroeder and if you trade him you're looking to package him for a piece like LaVine.

Re-signing Schroeder isn't to trade a B+ player for a B+ player. It's to try to package him and get us an A player. Such as a LaVine, etc. You can't do a 1 to 1 for LaVine, but you may be able to if you package KCP with him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Link?

Heard it from the Trevor Lane show

Here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSoC-FhoBZg&t=134s
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
I don’t see the Pels being interested in a Zo/Schröder swap, but if they were I’d be all in on it.

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

The Pels are the type of team that trading Schroder for Ball might be mutually beneficial. The Pels are on the verge of breaking out... they need another piece or two but there were times where they looked like they could beat the best teams... then there were times where they looked terrible.

If I were Schroder that would be an attractive team because they have so much potential... Obviously Lonzo and LaVar like the idea of coming home and Zo playing more on the ball instead of a 3 and D guy. Zo could slowly take some of the load off of LBJ as he ages. Also it gives us the inside track of possibly adding Melo to AD later on.

Do I think Zo is a clear upgrade on Dennis? Not really... but he has steadily improved his three ball and he has the court vision that Dennis lacks. Maybe we'd have to give up something extra but I'd rather take a chance on the team player over the egomaniac.

New Orleans might do it because Schroder is a more polished player at this point
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I hoped Dennis would be better than he is, especially in the playoffs.

Underwhelming.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject:

Those arguing for Dennis the asset.

Question.

Do we all agree that the Lakers will not bringing back Dennis, THT, Caruso and Drummond. Some of these guys will be gone.

So if we can use bird rights and keep Dennis (we could). But then it meant we lost THT or Caruso or both, who would like that here?

There is a huge assumption here on going that the Lakers priority is Dennis. I don’t think this is the case at all. I think they want to keep THT, Caruso as well. I also believe they want to keep Drummond.

It’s all up to Jeanie, but I can’t see her want to dish out for a team that did not come even close to winning a ring this year. No matter what, we are losing assets. So we need to determine what hast most value. Keeping THT and Caruso, or keeping Dennis and Caruso or keeping Dennis and THT. There’s no way we are giving pay increases to all 3. Someone is moving on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Those arguing for Dennis the asset.

Question.

Do we all agree that the Lakers will not bringing back Dennis, THT, Caruso and Drummond. Some of these guys will be gone.

So if we can use bird rights and keep Dennis (we could). But then it meant we lost THT or Caruso or both, who would like that here?

There is a huge assumption here on going that the Lakers priority is Dennis. I don’t think this is the case at all. I think they want to keep THT, Caruso as well. I also believe they want to keep Drummond.

It’s all up to Jeanie, but I can’t see her want to dish out for a team that did not come even close to winning a ring this year. No matter what, we are losing assets. So we need to determine what hast most value. Keeping THT and Caruso, or keeping Dennis and Caruso or keeping Dennis and THT. There’s no way we are giving pay increases to all 3. Someone is moving on.

I can see them bringing back all three of Dennis/AC/THT. Drummond, not so sure, as he would likely take up the entire mini MLE and then we have not much to build out the rest of the team.

It's a bigger picture than one season. Now if you asked if all 3 would be on the roster come 2022-23 season, different question. I think they would bite the bullet to retain all 3 and figure it out later.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

Am I missing something?

I've heard "hard cap" brought up in this thread a million times in regards to a sign and trade.

Can't all parties agree to a sign and trade and then push it through officially after making all their other free agent moves?

I guess that leaves the door open for someone backing out. But if we're calling sign and trades "rare". Backing out of deals is rare x1000.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 189 of 284
Jump to: