DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
LakerDynasty6.0 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
The front office must have a list of ex-Lakers that they're calling. Thomas Bryant, Damion Jones, in a sense Beverley since we drafted him, and now Schroder.

He's a solid reacquisition but it still would be nice to have more length at the wing position.

Showtime reunion just happened in Hawaii.. Maybe they can get Coop to lace-up and be our missing "3 and D" guy...

Coop had great defense, for some reason he could not guard Andrew Toney.

you remember that factoid too? Andrew Toney was the 76'er that was, at least at times, their most explosive player. And, yep, when he got going Coop had no chance.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject:

I love this move! He received way to much hate. This board way overreacted. I don't love him at $20 million. But I certainly do at $2!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
I love this move! He received way to much hate. This board way overreacted. I don't love him at $20 million. But I certainly do at $2!

+1
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

Apparently he’s got issues getting along with teammates, and his game is a bit too much chuck and not enough set up to be a pure PG (doesn’t make good pass reads off the pick and role for example, thinks like a ball handling two), but when AD and Bron were out for extended periods, he led the team offensively and kept them above water, and was part of the number one defense in the league. Too bad we couldn’t get Caruso Kuz and KCP back too.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

He played great with Germany.

I'm happy we have him for the minimum, but I also wonder what would've happened if he had taken the 84M deal. Would we have made the WB mistake?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

Dennis played in Bud's system with Atlanta (2013-2018)

24 minutes
13 points on 43% shooting
2.5 rebounds
5 assists

He was probably brought in for his familiarity with the new offense.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Apparently he’s got issues getting along with teammates, and his game is a bit too much chuck and not enough set up to be a pure PG (doesn’t make good pass reads off the pick and role for example, thinks like a ball handling two), but when AD and Bron were out for extended periods, he led the team offensively and kept them above water, and was part of the number one defense in the league. Too bad we couldn’t get Caruso Kuz and KCP back too.

Ditto. I wonder how much of a proxy Beverly, Reaves and Toscano can be. That’s a smaller trio with less shooting capacity. But perhaps they can bring a similar defensive intent and intensity.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

Wasn’t the lineup of AD Lebron and DS pretty good in 2021?

I mean they went up 2 1 against the Suns until AD injury.

If the Lakers can find subs for KCP, maybe they be decent. Reeves or Bev might be able to fill that one.

Finding someone like Caruso could be difficult.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I remember him having such tunnel vision when going up court.. He woudl jump up from 8-10ft and then look confused and pass the ball somewhere (when I think he should have taken a shot at the rim)... it was dangerous because only rookies do it as often as him

I am very happy for both him and us.. his athletic ability and speed are sorely missed on this team... Plus we get another player with a chip on his shoulder.. something to prove...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

If the Lakers can find subs for KCP, maybe they be decent. Reeves or Bev might be able to fill that one.

I’ve seen this narrative a little too often. Not really singling you out fam, but I’m using it as a jump off.

You know why we won in the bubble? Bubble AD & Bubble Bron were healthy & rested AD & Bron before the playoffs. Folks keep going back to bubble AD like dude was some unicorn, but it’s right there in the name: bubble! Dude was kept in a bubble for 4 months before the season was unpaused and the playoffs started.

The reason it was won&done for us after the bubble is cause Bron & AD can’t stay healthy or reach the postseason with a full tank of gas under the traditional regular season. The reason they can’t stay healthy is due to roster construction and not applying the “luxury” of fielding a deep & talented enough team. More burden is placed on Bron & AD to keep us afloat during the regular season and they arrive into late April taxed.

Roster construction has always been trash. You put Bron at full time point gawd and give him playoff Rondo as the only perimeter oriented playmaker. Thank gawd there was 4 month layoff Rondo before playoff Rondo showed up and showed out!

Schro was supposed to be that guy for Bron as well, but proved he didn’t have that type of gravity to place Bron more offball or on the bench during the regular season. There is a reason Rob keeps over correcting the roster with a plethora of guards. You can’t have Bron run fulltime point during the entirety of the season like he did during our 2019/20 title season.

Russ was supposed to be that guy last year for Bron, but our roster refused to ACknowledge how much of a luxury it is to field a deeper team.

If Schro is to work this time around, he most likely comes off the bench and be the back up point to Bron like his role was in Okc to Russ, Cp3 and SGA. If Russ remains the starter, he needs to justify Bron offball more.

Meanwhile Damien and TB need to keep AD away from the 5 role during the regular season. If that happens, we get “bubble AD” back in the playoffs this year. This is why, I really want Myles here.

/rant
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

I was one of the biggest Schroder haters on this board but it was always about not being able to trade him at 20 million per.

At minimum wages it's a no brainer and I hope he does well for us.

Just don't want to see us get stupid if he has a good season.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

Big Props to him for handling his Ego and Humility.. Coming back to the same team he left on sour terms when he could have chosen someone else.. and letting us know he want to earn that respect back... lucky us
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
lar9149 wrote:

I’ve seen this narrative a little too often. Not really singling you out fam, but I’m using it as a jump off.

You know why we won in the bubble? Bubble AD & Bubble Bron were healthy & rested AD & Bron before the playoffs. Folks keep going back to bubble AD like dude was some unicorn, but it’s right there in the name: bubble! Dude was kept in a bubble for 4 months before the season was unpaused and the playoffs started.

The reason it was won&done for us after the bubble is cause Bron & AD can’t stay healthy or reach the postseason with a full tank of gas under the traditional regular season. The reason they can’t stay healthy is due to roster construction and not applying the “luxury” of fielding a deep & talented enough team. More burden is placed on Bron & AD to keep us afloat during the regular season and they arrive into late April taxed.

Roster construction has always been trash. You put Bron at full time point gawd and give him playoff Rondo as the only perimeter oriented playmaker. Thank gawd there was 4 month layoff Rondo before playoff Rondo showed up and showed out!

Schro was supposed to be that guy for Bron as well, but proved he didn’t have that type of gravity to place Bron more offball or on the bench during the regular season. There is a reason Rob keeps over correcting the roster with a plethora of guards. You can’t have Bron run fulltime point during the entirety of the season like he did during our 2019/20 title season.

Russ was supposed to be that guy last year for Bron, but our roster refused to ACknowledge how much of a luxury it is to field a deeper team.

If Schro is to work this time around, he most likely comes off the bench and be the back up point to Bron like his role was in Okc to Russ, Cp3 and SGA. If Russ remains the starter, he needs to justify Bron offball more.

Meanwhile Damien and TB need to keep AD away from the 5 role during the regular season. If that happens, we get “bubble AD” back in the playoffs this year. This is why, I really want Myles here.

/rant

Wouldnt you agree that part of the reason they ran out of gas and injuries caught up was the short/non existent break between bubble and 20-21 season? That team still had good enough depth to carry out the RS, and then unleash James-Davis in the playoffs. Sadly, they couldnt stay healthy. 21-22 was a completely different scenario, we banked on a 3rd star and Westbrooks ability to bring average teams into the playoffs. But that worked out bad.

James and Davis healthy come April and we have a shot, thats our formula. But can we get into top 8 with them 'coasting' or this team needs them to go all out?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
If he accepted the original offer, we probably would not trade for RW. It would have been a win-win situation

Wonder what trades we would have made then and how we look now if he said yes

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Bev is better than Caruso defensively.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject:

@Goodrich25: No doubt bro. The quick turn around did impact our health but I felt if Schro had embraced being Bron’s primary backup on the 2nd unit, it wouldn’t have gassed Bron out as much imho.

Last year if we had kept AC, Schro & Kieff via our bird rights (& willingness to pay the tax) then our title shot would have been more legitimate imho.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject:

Schroeder could have signed with 2 contenders in TOR or PHX but decided to come here to gain the respect of Laker fans, that’s a ballsy move.. I have mad respect for Schroeder now.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Schroeder could have signed with 2 contenders in TOR or PHX but decided to come here to gain the respect of Laker fans, that’s a ballsy move.. I have mad respect for Schroeder now.

Same here. Agree 100%.
But some here will still complain.
I think he’s a huge steal for 2.6 million. HUGE!!!
And he wants redemption.
I think of Howard in 2020. Dude was revitalized.
Dennis is only 29.
I wish him the best.
At least with Russ, Bev and Dennis, we have three tough dudes in the backcourt.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Same here. Agree 100%.
But some here will still complain.
I think he’s a huge steal for 2.6 million. HUGE!!!
And he wants redemption.
I think of Howard in 2020. Dude was revitalized.
Dennis is only 29.
I wish him the best.
At least with Russ, Bev and Dennis, we have three tough dudes in the backcourt.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
If he accepted the original offer, we probably would not trade for RW. It would have been a win-win situation

Wonder what trades we would have made then and how we look now if he said yes

I’m guessing that we would be trying to trade him instead of Russ. Pelinka is all about making mistakes to cover mistakes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

In Phoenix he would be battling Shamet for playing time behind CP3 and Payne.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

In Phoenix he would be battling Shamet for playing time behind CP3 and Payne.

PHX would have given him more opportunities because there not log jammed with guards like the Lakers, he knew what he was signing up for when he signed here with Bev/Westbrook/Nunn trying to fight for PT.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I generally agree, but it's worth remembering that we were 21-6 in '21 when Davis got hurt. We'd had a relatively soft schedule to that point, and the rest of the roster was better. On the other hand, we were offering Schroder a winning lottery ticket to extend for four years. The Schroder experience wasn't as bad as we tend to remember, and we often let the subsequent collapse color our memories. I admit that I'm guilty of this.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
zambia wrote:
LakerDynasty6.0 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
The front office must have a list of ex-Lakers that they're calling. Thomas Bryant, Damion Jones, in a sense Beverley since we drafted him, and now Schroder.

He's a solid reacquisition but it still would be nice to have more length at the wing position.

Showtime reunion just happened in Hawaii.. Maybe they can get Coop to lace-up and be our missing "3 and D" guy...

Coop had great defense, for some reason he could not guard Andrew Toney.

you remember that factoid too? Andrew Toney was the 76'er that was, at least at times, their most explosive player. And, yep, when he got going Coop had no chance.

I never thought i'd hear about Toney on LG in 2022
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

I only hope there is a trade to moves Russ otherwise not sure the point here. The team has no true wings other than Lebron there is a void for guys 6'7"-6'9" that can guard multiple positions. Instead a repeat of the 6'4" and under league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 255 of 284
Jump to: