DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

Lebron made a personal choice not to get vaccinated. That’s his choice anyway you look at it.

Lebron has made mistakes in his career, but one thing he hasn’t done is be irresponsible to his teammates when they depend on him to win.

Yes, he quit in 2010, but he wasn’t the first star to do it and anyone would be frustrated with a guy like Gilbert. He also made a very stupid decision with the “decision.” It’s why people to this day hate him.

The one thing he doesn’t do though is wear a mask to zoom calls pretending he is all about being safe and then getting COVID twice. He also wouldn’t live stream a video game while his own team is getting their asses kicked at the same time.

The only similarity between Dennis and Lebron is they both come to compete on the court. Just one is a star that is depended upon every night, while the other thinks he’s worth over $20M despite all his flaws and questionable judgement both on the court and off the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The only similarity between Dennis and Lebron is they both come to compete on the court. Just one is a star that is depended upon every night, while the other thinks he’s worth over $20M despite all his flaws and questionable judgement both on the court and off the court.

I'll certainly pray for you if Dennis re-signs with us.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn’t do anything more than a S&T with these concerns tbh.

And truthfully, I don’t remember the last time I saw a $20M+ PG who can’t execute a simple post pass!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

And truthfully, I don’t remember the last time I saw a $20M+ PG who can’t execute a post pass!

S&T will require Lakers assets though, i.e future 1st/2nds, etc.

I never considered him a "PG." I thought he would be a scorer off LBJ, but he's been forced into that role due to LBJ's injury. And he's done well actually in their absence.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Dennis without LBJ, solid numbers:

17ppg
8 apg (3 turnovers a game)
3.5 rpg
37.5% from 3 (3.8 attempts a game)
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

And truthfully, I don’t remember the last time I saw a $20M+ PG who can’t execute a post pass!

I never considered him a "PG." I thought he would be a scorer off LBJ, but he's been forced into that role due to LBJ's injury. And he's done well actually in their absence.

We were both advocating that they can’t lose Dennis because of salary cap considerations.

S&T is the way I would go because I’m not tying up over $20M to this guy when we have 37 year old Lebron and Anthony Day to Davis.

We will see what happens. He certainly has to come back and prove himself to his teammates. Talking about another player’s private matter, being irresponsible with his health and live streaming while his team is down bad is quite the predicament to be in...will be interesting to see how he handles some locker room issues.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

We were both advocating that they can’t lose Dennis because of salary cap considerations.

S&T is the way I would go because I’m not tying up over $20M to this guy when we have 37 year old Lebron and Anthony Day to Davis.

We will see what happens. He certainly has to come back and prove himself to his teammates. Talking about another player’s private matter, being irresponsible with his health and live streaming while his team is down bad is quite the predicament to be in...will be interesting to see how he handles some locker room issues.

Up to this point it seems he's very well liked by his teammates, particularly AD/LBJ (which sort of matters). If anything, I think it's AD/LBJ who are pushing to keep Dennis as opposed to replacing him with a minimum level player or finding a future trade using a trade exception (can't use it to sign a FA). I have not heard anything negative about Dennis and his teammates, but quite the opposite. I get we are frustrated and are looking for a scapegoat, but I will argue that he kept this team afloat with AD/LBJ out. The team is something like 1-6 now without Dennis.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Yeah, it's really bad if LBJ hasn't taken it because he has way more influence on millions of vulnerable Americans. However, LBJ was protected by HIPAA laws so it was messed up that Dennis outed him, if what he said was true.

If LBJ admits he didn't take it, I think it's even worse because he could actually help a community that has been more impacted by the disease.

HIPAA doesn't apply to Dennis. But it's not exactly like LBJ has been waxing poetically about the vaccine, and I agree with you, that it has a ripple effect b/c a lot of people look up to him.

My point is that you can't get angry at someone for something they are allowed to keep personal just because someone else outs him.

If he's silent, he's not helping anyone but that it his right.

It's like if someone was sleeping around with people when they had AIDS back in the day... and someone said they might have AIDS but you don't really know if they do... then you can't say it's messed up until you know it for a fact.

This is somewhat different because it's a vaccine vs. actually having the disease... but the principle is the same... you can get annoyed with Dennis because he's admitting he didn't take the vaccine... LBJ didn't admit it so you have to respect his privacy until he does.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Up to this point it seems he's very well liked by his teammates, particularly AD/LBJ (which sort of matters). If anything, I think it's AD/LBJ who are pushing to keep Dennis as opposed to replacing him with a minimum level player or finding a future trade using a trade exception (can't use it to sign a FA). I have not heard anything negative about Dennis and his teammates, but quite the opposite. I get we are frustrated and are looking for a scapegoat, but I will argue that he kept this team afloat with AD/LBJ out. The team is something like 1-6 now without Dennis.

Davis and Lebron are pushing to keep him? And you know this how? Talk about a post of complete nonsense.

What kind of teammate plays video games while their team is STILL PLAYING. He's been out almost a month because of COVID protocols. How many other players throughout the league do we think has been forced to sit twice? Probably not many. Guess it's just bad luck for him.

The offseason moves the Lakers made have been terrible. All of them. They wrecked team chemistry and made the team softer and easier to play against. Schroeder doesn't strike me as a true pro, like Danny Green, he strikes me as an immature gamer with a Youtube channel.

He has talent. But so do a lot of players. And he's about to be overpaid. He is an asset, so the Lakers need to make sure they handle this one properly. They either need to pay him or make sure they can at least get a trade exemption out of him. Suffice it to say, he doesn't strike me as the most selfless teammate, based on his time with the team thus far.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And whos fault is that? Its not like he broke a thumb or injured his knee, he is out because of his own poor choices. He will continue to be out in the future most likely because he will still continue to refuse to take the vaccine and he refuses to make smart decisions with his free time during the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Do you watch the interactions with LBJ/AD/Dennis? They look very engaged with each other on the bench, time outs, etc. They had some nice things to say about him too:

Quote:
“We need him to be the same Dennis,” Anthony Davis said after the Lakers’ win over the Orlando Magic on Monday. “He’s making the right reads, making great plays; he’s finishing, he’s shooting the ball. We need him to do the same things. We don’t want him to kind of fall back when Bron comes back, even though Bron does handle the ball a lot.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/4/27/22405908/lakers-lebron-james-wants-dennis-schroder-stay-confident-when-he-returns

Now we are delving into Dennis's personal life. Ok. But last time I checked, when his teammates were falling like flies with AD/LBJ out, he didn't sit out a single game and played hurt. He was one of our better players helping the team stay afloat.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

While he was giving it his all while LeBron/AD were out, it does not give him the right to be irresponsible. Whether he wants to vaccinate is up to him, but with that comes an obligation to follow Covid protocols. He broke them twice. That's a slap in the face to the team. LeBron is trying to get back on the court from an injury while DS is missing games due to irresponsibility.

There's gotta be some frustration within the team that he's out during this final stretch that determines whether we're in the play in or not.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
While he was giving it his all while LeBron/AD were out, it does not give him the right to be irresponsible. Whether he wants to vaccinate is up to him, but with that comes an obligation to follow Covid protocols. He broke them twice. That's a slap in the face to the team. LeBron is trying to get back on the court from an injury while DS is missing games due to irresponsibility.

There's gotta be some frustration within the team that he's out during this final stretch that determines whether we're in the play in or not.

I agree with this. No question he was irresponsible, at the wrong time when his team needs him the most.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I think you have seen enough of my posts to know that I don’t particularly scapegoat, I just call it the same way I see it and don’t expect 100% agreement.

I think AD/LBJ love the idea of Dennis competitive fire and to his credit he shows it on the court. He is fearless and make no mistake, the Lakers will need him to play a huge role if they are to repeat.

I just think he has (bleep) up at the wrong time and like I said, I’ve been critical of the supporting cast which has underperformed in general and specifically Gasol, Harrell, Wes and even KCP.

KCP looks like he was just banged up. Dude always plays. Wes busts his ass, but he’s just old.

Gasol wasn’t giving it his all and now with roster competition he is.

Dennis and Harrell are skilled players that have some pretty exposable flaws.

We will see how it all plays out in the playoffs.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

$215,277 paid to him Per Game
$0 Covid Shot

Two losses in a row

Half a million dollars to sit around and play video games....
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject:

Beyond anything else, Dennis is just a poor fit on this team. He's a fine player, to be sure, but his skillset is not optimal next to Bron and AD. He's a reluctant shooter, mediocre playmaker, and has a tendency to dribble the air out the ball. I don't think it's worth paying 20+ mil to a player who likely won't close playoff games.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

Do we have an updated timeline on his return? I believe he’s been out for one week as of today.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
Beyond anything else, Dennis is just a poor fit on this team. He's a fine player, to be sure, but his skillset is not optimal next to Bron and AD. He's a reluctant shooter, mediocre playmaker, and has a tendency to dribble the air out the ball. I don't think it's worth paying 20+ mil to a player who likely won't close playoff games.

And somehow we are now what, 1-7 without him. I think AD/LBJ know how well Dennis will work for them. And he will most def close out playoff games. Our early season death lineup was Dennis/AC/KCP/LBJ/AD.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Do we have an updated timeline on his return? I believe he’s been out for one week as of today.

Well since it’s pretty clear that he actually has Covid you *can* be out as long as you’re out in that circumstance :/. And then they have to return a certain number of negative results before they can come back. I seem to recall reading somewhere early on you know when he first got put in protocol someone saying 14 days. So if he’s not sick which he doesn’t seem to be then yeah probably another week.

But no no further official statements have been said about Dennis at this time.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

Well since it’s pretty clear that he actually has Covid you *can* be out as long as you’re out in that circumstance :/. And then they have to return a certain number of negative results before they can come back. I seem to recall reading somewhere early on you know when he first got put in protocol someone saying 14 days. So if he’s not sick which he doesn’t seem to be then yeah probably another week.

I am hoping we have him back for at least two games before the playoffs begin. Good to build some chemistry. Hopefully COVID did not hit him too hard.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

Have him come off the bench once he gets back.

We won last year with Lebron at the point.

Lebron
Caruso
KCP
AD
Drummond

To start
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

I am hoping we have him back for at least two games before the playoffs begin. Good to build some chemistry. Hopefully COVID did not hit him too hard.

Current cdc recommendations are 10 days since symptoms started or diagnosis of Covid if no symptoms.

Along with improvement of symptoms and no fever.

The exception is if he has severe Covid it has to be longer. Not likely he has severe Covid so my guesses it’s 10 days. So hopefully he is back soon

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

My second concern about him is if he will have lingering effects. Jason Taynum had to use an inhaler before games after getting Covid but most players should be able to return without effects like this.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Glad he’s back
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Oh great, the Youtuber/Twitch streamer is going to come back. Hooray....R.I.P. team chemistry.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Oh great, the Youtuber/Twitch streamer is going to come back. Hooray....R.I.P. team chemistry.

We don't make the playoffs without him so I'm sure he's saying your welcome schoolboy, you're welcome
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 138 of 284
Jump to: