DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Schro! Lets get this chip!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Even though I was hatn on ya... Glad you're well. We have missed your defense.

Schroeder is a high iq defender imho
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Nice! Now lets get the rest of the squad healthy and remind the league who we are!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

We'll need all hands on deck to defend this title. Welcome back DS!
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

Schroder should have monster games against two bad teams now that THT has risen to the forefront.

Won't be impressed unless he does it against the playoff teams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Schroder should have monster games against two bad teams now that THT has risen to the forefront.

So what do you consider the Houston G League Rockets?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

So what do you consider the Houston G League Rockets?

It's a totally fair point... but the jury's still out for me on THT.

I've simply said I want to keep him and see what he has just like I did with most of the other young kids.

I've seen enough to be intrigued and as I told you I'm glad we didn't give him up for Lowry.

Dennis on the other hand... I'm hoping for a miracle.

I mean if Julius can develop a 3... so theoretically can Dennis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: 8

Miracle? What are you talking about.

He was one of the primary reasons we stayed afloat when LBJ/AD went out. In those games, he went: 17ppg/8apg/3.5rpg/1.4spg, and shot 37.5% from 3. What were you expecting?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: 8

yinoma2001 wrote:
Miracle? What are you talking about.

He was one of the primary reasons we stayed afloat when LBJ/AD went out. In those games, he went: 17ppg/8apg/3.5rpg/1.4spg, and shot 37.5% from 3. What were you expecting?

I told you Dennis would be worth 21 million to me if his 3 ball became consistent. I was happy when we first traded for him because of his last season numbers. I thought he'd exceed them finally playing with some players who had more gravity. Then he regressed to his career mean.

I've told you also that I admire Dennis's competitive spirit... said he was tougher mentally than LBJ and AD... but the bottom line is you have to put the ball in the basket.

If he does that I'll be happy... and gladly admit I was wrong... so far he's been good, but not worth anywhere near that price he wants.

I just know if he puts up great numbers the next two games people will act like he's doing something. He needs to do it against the Clippers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

He started off the season shooting pretty poorly from 3 the first 35 games (31%).

Last 24 games he's shooting 36% which is at least league average.

What's hurting us a bit more is that at the bottom of the team, we have:

THT: 27% from 3
AD: 27% from 3 (this must absolutely improve or we are really in trouble)
Kieff: 31%
Wes: 33%.

Dennis on the season is now at 33.5%, but has been trending better. He's never going to be a lockdown 3 point shooter but I think he can shoot league average, especially with AD/LBJ drawing attention. He shot 37.5% without them, now imagine how many more open looks he will get.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just know if he puts up great numbers the next two games people will act like he's doing something. He needs to do it against the Clippers.

This is what people are doing with THT though. You have to see the whole page. THT is def showing a ton of promise and flashes, but also a lot of signs he needs a lot of work (3s, defense, turnovers) too.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Both Anthony Davis and Dennis Schroder didn't practice today. AD is considered PROBABLE for tomorrow's game. Schroder is a game-time decision.

I would be interested to know why a cleared player who really needs to play and gain chemistry with the team at a very important (he wants to start!) position did not practice the last practice of the regular season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Both Anthony Davis and Dennis Schroder didn't practice today. AD is considered PROBABLE for tomorrow's game. Schroder is a game-time decision.

I would be interested to know why a cleared player who really needs to play and gain chemistry with the team at a very important (he wants to start!) position did not practice the last practice of the regular season.

Could be protocols that he had to clear before hitting the court. Who knows. I'm not automatically assuming something nefarious on his part.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

Well I would think he couldn’t be at the practice facility if he hasn’t cleared in time, so I guess we will have to see if he is at the practice facility or if he gets on a zoom call where he makes sure to be responsible with a mask.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Well I would think he couldn’t be at the practice facility if he hasn’t cleared in time, so I guess we will have to see if he is at the practice facility or if he gets on a zoom call where he makes sure to be responsible with a mask.

Wow. The rage. You would punch this dude if you saw him on the street, huh?

I for one am happy we will have more than 1 player who can dribble the ball back. But that's just me.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

This kid is really under appreciated by some. He was really balling and you could see he has earned the respect of AD. He will be playoff Rondo on steroids when the show starts.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

This is what people are doing with THT though. You have to see the whole page. THT is def showing a ton of promise and flashes, but also a lot of signs he needs a lot of work (3s, defense, turnovers) too.

I expect inconsistency in a 20 year old... I don't expect it in a 27 year old asking for more than 21 million per year.

You don't see me griping about KCP and Kuzma... why? Because they are being properly paid as inconsistent players.

So Dennis either needs to accept 15 to 18 million in my mind... or start hitting his threes with consistency. I don't care about the fiscal realities of the situation... he needs to put up or shut up.

Last edited by BILBJH on Fri May 14, 2021 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I for one am happy we will have more than 1 player who can dribble the ball back. But that's just me.

Or you are his favorite apologist

I have nothing personal against any Laker. I call it like I see it. In the other thread, I even listed him as part of the closing lineup...I know pretty generous of me

Quote:
Anthony Davis and Dennis Schröder both did individual work instead of regular practice.

This is why the Lakers are the Lakers. I’m happy to see this. Yes, we are a player friendly organization, but you have to reciprocate and be a professional.

This is the right response. Dennis wants “fair?” Let him earn his way back into the rotation. The Lakers just said “That’s Tuff.” I think he will fall in line now because the spotlight is the brightest on the Lakers and he has no choice if he wants to secure the bag.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I expect inconsistency in a 20 year old... I don't expect it in a 27 year old asking for more than 21 million per year.

You don't see me griping about KCP and Kuzma... why? Because they are being properly paid as inconsistent players.

So Dennis either needs to accept 15 to 18 million in my mind... or start hitting his threes with consistency. I don't care about the fiscal realities of the situation... he needs to put up or shut up.

Going basically 18/8/37.5% from 3 (when everyone thought the Lakers would plummet and possibly miss the playoffs) didn't show you he's worth keeping?

Of course the playoffs will determine more, but he's easily shown he's worth over 18m. The Lakers disagree with you and offered him 4/84m. You can be happy or sad about it, but last time I checked, it's the Lakers that matter the most with respect to this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I have nothing personal against any Laker. I call it like I see it. In the other thread, I even listed him as part of the closing lineup...I know pretty generous of me

Quote:
Anthony Davis and Dennis Schröder both did individual work instead of regular practice.

This is why the Lakers are the Lakers. I’m happy to see this. Yes, we are a player friendly organization, but you have to reciprocate and be a professional.

This is the right response. Dennis wants “fair?” Let him earn his way back into the rotation. The Lakers just said “That’s Tuff.” I think he will fall in line now because the spotlight is the brightest on the Lakers and he has no choice if he wants to secure the bag.

Except they offered him a max extension, and he and his team know the problems the Lakers will have replacing his production if he leaves for nothing (which he can). I think they are closer to being on the same page than not. Who knows. Players are all different. Maybe he'll just leave the Lakers. I'm not worrying about that now. We have the playoffs to go through first.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Going basically 18/8/37.5% from 3 (when everyone thought the Lakers would plummet and possibly miss the playoffs) didn't show you he's worth keeping?

Of course the playoffs will determine more, but he's easily shown he's worth over 18m. The Lakers disagree with you and offered him 4/84m. You can be happy or sad about it, but last time I checked, it's the Lakers that matter the most with respect to this.

Well the Lakers also got rid of Dwight, Rondo, JaVale and Boogie... all who would play for half the salary of Schroder combined.

I don't care what the Lakers think... in this case they are wrong if Schroder doesn't improve.

We are at the point where we just have to hope he does well. Hoping for divine intervention more than good GMing at this stage in the season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Geezus. "Divine intervention" re: Dennis?

You don't care what the Lakers think? OK, why should anyone care what you (or I) think? Are you doing that "butterfly effect" thing that you used to harp about all the time again?

Dwight left for his own reasons.
Rondo wanted more $ and he's missed a ton of games this year and would have sunk when LBJ/AD were out.
JAV? Nothing
Boogie? Nothing.

I genuinely do not get the hate against Dennis. He is our 3rd most important player by a long shot. He has performed well under the worst circumstances (LBJ/AD) out and will now finally be able to play with a full squad again. Pray for LBJ/AD more than Dennis. We don't win without them and they are more injured than Dennis has been this year.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Fair or not - it is doubtful that DS will have to earn his starting role back. We haven't necessarily been lighting the world on fire in his absence.

Obnoxious salary demands aside, he's the best option on both sides of the court at his position on the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Fair or not - it is doubtful that DS will have to earn his starting role back. We haven't necessarily been lighting the world on fire in his absence.

Obnoxious salary demands aside, he's the best option on both sides of the court at his position on the Lakers.

Oh he’s going to start and play, no doubt.

I just think this was a little message to Dennis for being unprofessional.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Well, somebody True Colors aren't Purple & Gold...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 139 of 284
Jump to: