DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Any thoughts on a DS sign and trade with the Nuggets for Aaron Gordon? The Nuggets need a PG while Murray recovers from his ACL, but they don’t need their PG to be a playmaker since they have the Joker. Aaron Gordon doesn’t solve our shooting problems, but he ensures that we get something of value for Dennis.

I was also thinking about a sign and trade with Minnesota for Ricky Rubio. Rubio could come off the bench to be our secondary playmaker and fill the Rondo role from last year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:
Any thoughts on a DS sign and trade with the Nuggets for Aaron Gordon? The Nuggets need a PG while Murray recovers from his ACL, but they don’t need their PG to be a playmaker since they have the Joker. Aaron Gordon doesn’t solve our shooting problems, but he ensures that we get something of value for Dennis.

I was also thinking about a sign and trade with Minnesota for Ricky Rubio. Rubio could come off the bench to be our secondary playmaker and fill the Rondo role from last year.

Any team S&Ting for Dennis needs to ask if they are willing to be hard capped to get him at his reported price.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

Aaron Gordon choked big time this playoffs.

He also seems to be losing some of his athleticism although I only watched him this series so I'm not sure.'

But that also might make him acquirable
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:

If you have no desire to keep DS at all and just want to dump DS for anything then sure. Otherwise, I think DS will be more useful to us than Gordon
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

He also seems to be losing some of his athleticism although I only watched him this series so I'm not sure.'

Denver probably feeling so sad that Jerami Grant didn't wanna re-sign
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

so denver is going to trade a defensive wing to the team that knocked them off and will be their primary competition next few years?
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:

so denver is going to trade a defensive wing to the team that knocked them off and will be their primary competition next few years?

Denver is going to need a point guard since Murray will be out most of next year. And I think DS actually fits with both Murray and Jokic. So I think he may be a better fit than Aaron Gordon.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Magic is certainly not a fan of how this guy operates
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:

Denver is going to need a point guard since Murray will be out most of next year. And I think DS actually fits with both Murray and Jokic. So I think he may be a better fit than Aaron Gordon.

Denver just gave their backup point guard, Monte Morris, a 3-year, $27 million extension. I suspect they will just run with him until Murray gets back. I don't see them giving DS $18 million plus to be a stopgap.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:

Denver just gave their backup point guard, Monte Morris, a 3-year, $27 million extension. I suspect they will just run with him until Murray gets back. I don't see them giving DS $18 million plus to be a stopgap.

They also have Campazzo and could decide to bring back Austin Rivers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Do you guys see a market for him?
Besides the Knicks, how many teams need a PG at the price he's looking for?
Toronto if Kyle leaves?
Lakers?
Pelicans?

I might be missing a team, but all other teams have a quality lead guard.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

^ Miami will likely let Dragic walk and are interested in Lowry so could make an offer to Shroeder if they lose out on Lowry.

Bulls if they lose out on Lonzo.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:01 am    Post subject:

Gordan is a scrub who can dunk.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
^ Miami will likely let Dragic walk and are interested in Lowry so could make an offer to Shroeder if they lose out on Lowry.

Re-sign Schroeder, hope Harrell picks up the Player Option. Sign Dragic in the off-season to play Backup Point Guard. Let Caruso walk.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Re-sign Schroeder, hope Harrell picks up the Player Option. Sign Dragic in the off-season to play Backup Point Guard. Let Caruso walk.

Caruso is one of the team's best perimeter defenders. Unless he is severely overpaid by a team, the Lakers should be prioritizing re-signing him at 5-7M a year short term (2-3 year) deal. Unlike Dennis, he is a natural fit, and has immense chemistry with Lebron.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Caruso is one of the team's best perimeter defenders. Unless he is severely overpaid by a team, the Lakers should be prioritizing re-signing him at 5-7M a year short term (2-3 year) deal. Unlike Dennis, he is a natural fit, and has immense chemistry with Lebron.

I would love AC if it's 5-7m a year. I fear a team like Dallas, with all the tumult there, may look to poach a Texas kid (and they have a lot of cap space that they could theoretically have). I could see them offering him something like 10-12m/year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

I would love AC if it's 5-7m a year. I fear a team like Dallas, with all the tumult there, may look to poach a Texas kid (and they have a lot of cap space that they could theoretically have). I could see them offering him something like 10-12m/year.

hypothetically, resign AC & THT, how much do we have to offer Dragic? miniMLE?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
MJST wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

hypothetically, resign AC & THT, how much do we have to offer Dragic? miniMLE?

That is all we would have, yes. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to re-stock a team with basically the mini-MLE and vet min deals. Trezz was the full MLE at over 9m, and even Wes made over the vet min last year (BAE).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SOLakerFan wrote:

this looks like AC's comp which means THT prob closer to MLE... DS or minMLE
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I find it hilarious that you see these guys like Cameron Payne, Reggie Jackson, Trey Burks, etc. All vet min or MLE type guys, play 5x better than and contribute to their team more than Schroder, yet the reaction here is “how can we replace him with only an MLE?”.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I find it hilarious that you see these guys like Cameron Payne, Reggie Jackson, Trey Burks, etc. All vet min or MLE type guys, play 5x better than and contribute to their team more than Schroder, yet the reaction here is “how can we replace him with only an MLE?”.

Can not get fortunate every year.

Last year, Dwight and Rondo were vet min guys. Dwight was huge in stopping Denver from being a bigger threat. Rondo was huge in series 2-4. Especially later on in series.

We missed both, and we missed Dannys man defense and size. Danny was a pretty inconsistent shooter for us as well, but at least he was good for some wing defense and size.

We really need to get back to what got us a ring, and then get even better support than we had in 19-20. Which I know is easy to say and write, but much harder to actually pull off. I like the first move we made, and that is to revamp our medical and health department. Whomever is working with AD and the crew needs to get them in better shape and strength.

Next, we need as many bigger versatile defenders that can shoot 3s. I can not say that enough, versatile defenders. Dennis is a good defender in some situations, but the playoffs exposed also how easy it was for teams to pick him off on bigger players. He can not stop players the way a bigger wing can.

We have a great foundation with AD and Bron. It should not be as hard as some are making it out to be. We have some assets - THT, Kuz, Trez (If he opts in as a trade asset). This year pick. We can make some moves. I am not of the opinion we are stuck, with the roster we have. We can and should make a lot of changes. Get bigger in the backcourt. Get better floor spacing from our 5s. Get AD to strengthen up and play the 5 every game in closing situations. Look for that bench PG that can run an offense for 6 minutes a half. Not earth shattering moves. Just solid moves that fill roles on the team.

We may get fortunate even in that THT may make some development and become a reliable 12-14 points a night shot creator for us, off the bench. This makes Kuzma much much more easy to move. I still have a hard time seeing teams being able to beat AD-Bron and good 2-way guys around them that can shoot 3s. I mean, 70% Bron and 90% AD were up 2-1 with a cast of misfits like Andre, Dennis, Trez etc. Imagine 90% AD and 90% Bron with some quality fits around them .... We are still a major threat next year, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

For every one of those you have 15 Quinn Cook/Dudleys. Can’t go 100% on min. deals.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Buha: What’s a fair price for Dennis Schröder? $20ish million annually?

Well, here is the list of point guards that made that much or more this season. There are only 13 names. Nine of them were All-Stars in one or both of the past two seasons.

New mailbag: https://theathletic.com/2662188/2021/06/24/whats-next-for-dennis-schroder-and-talen-horton-tucker-dream-free-agent-pickups-lakers-mailbag/?source=emp_shared_article

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4rOhagVcAIlynz?format=jpg&name=large

Not to mention there will be a robust market of point guards this summer.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/point-guard/
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Buha: What’s a fair price for Dennis Schröder? $20ish million annually?

Well, here is the list of point guards that made that much or more this season. There are only 13 names. Nine of them were All-Stars in one or both of the past two seasons.

New mailbag: https://theathletic.com/2662188/2021/06/24/whats-next-for-dennis-schroder-and-talen-horton-tucker-dream-free-agent-pickups-lakers-mailbag/?source=emp_shared_article

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4rOhagVcAIlynz?format=jpg&name=large

Not to mention there will be a robust market of point guards this summer.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/point-guard/

So supposedly he rejected a four-year, $84 million extension, which I believe when calculating the raises, it starts off less than $20M, or close to it? No details on the options. But perhaps the Lakers lucked out that he declined it. It will be interesting to see how much he gets this summer for sure.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

For every one of those you have 15 Quinn Cook/Dudleys. Can’t go 100% on min. deals.

you really expected them to contribute to anything on the bb court?

Cook was signed cause he is AD's BFF
Dudley was signed more for vet presence.

I for one never expected them to contribute to anything on the bb court
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 192 of 284
Jump to: