Welcome WES MATTHEWS Thread (No update on a possible return)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

Kudos to Wes Matthews. I don't expect him to be great but he is becoming more consistent and dependable.

His veteran leadership, skills and maturity will pay big dividends on down the road.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kudos to Wes Matthews. I don't expect him to be great but he is becoming more consistent and dependable.

His veteran leadership, skills and maturity will pay big dividends on down the road.

Good thing the Lakers have other option when KCP is struggling. I say put him back in the rotation whenever KCP is not shooting well. Or might as well give some of Kuzma and KCP minutes to him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Good thing the Lakers have other option when KCP is struggling. I say put him back in the rotation whenever KCP is not shooting well. Or might as well give some of Kuzma and KCP minutes to him.

Finding minutes for Wes, KCP, AC, Kuz & THT is a GOOD problem to have and it also shows the depth of the team.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

In multiple threads on this site you continue to try to take away Kuz's minutes.

Kuz is playing as well as anyone on the bench and better than some starters (see KCP and Gasol)

He's not losing minutes anyone.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
leking006 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

In multiple threads on this site you continue to try to take away Kuz's minutes.

Kuz is playing as well as anyone on the bench and better than some starters (see KCP and Gasol)

He's not losing minutes anyone.

People swinging the tide on Wes will go the polar opposite direction when he has a few awful 3 point shooting games again. Like most shooters he has big ups and downs ala Danny Green. When the shot is falling from the perimeter even remotely consistently he looks like a top end role player for this team but that wont always be the case. I like Wes and hope we keep him for depth but he's been in the NBA for a longgggg time, nothing new here. He has been huge the last couple games and deserves all the credit he is getting but when he has a few bad games let's remember that and not crucify him again.

Agree completely about Kuz as well. No way in hell i'm taking a single minute from him with the way he's playing on both ends this season. Him and Trez have done a great job of injecting life into the team when it's much needed lately. He was also one of the few guys putting in consistent effort on the defensive end last night.
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

This guy sucks.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

coldzim wrote:
This guy sucks.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

He’s been disappointing.

Looks like his confidence is gone now too
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

his confidence seems lower than Danny Green's and KCP's combined when they get at their absolute worst.

Didnt think it was possible
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
He’s been disappointing.

Looks like his confidence is gone now too
Along with everything else, unfortunately.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

The real question is what will happen first - wes scores a basket or we win a game?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
The real question is what will happen first - wes scores a basket or we win a game?

I think the real question is, will Wes score the next basket as a Laker or with another team. That will decide if we win a game imo
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Passing out of the wide open layup was the cherry on top. I like Wes, but he’s just not it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Passing out of the wide open layup was the cherry on top. I like Wes, but he’s just not it.

Dwight played last year like he cared and wanted to represent the Lakers, Matthews is a huge opposite of that, his heart is not in it and isn’t playing like he wants to be apart of this team, wonder what the FO did to convince themselves that this guy deserved the BAE, just because he went to a Laker game during the showtime days doesn’t mean he’s gonna play his heart out as a Laker.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Dwight played last year like he cared and wanted to represent the Lakers, Matthews is a huge opposite of that, his heart is not in it and isn’t playing like he wants to be apart of this team, wonder what the FO did to convince themselves that this guy deserved the BAE, just because he went to a Laker game during the showtime days doesn’t mean he’s gonna play his heart out as a Laker.

He is working his ass off, he could be just one whose game just fell off a cliff. He is at that age where it happens to most players.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

He is working his ass off, he could be just one whose game just fell off a cliff. He is at that age where it happens to most players.

Defensively he’s been active.. but you can tell by the eye test that he isn’t showing much, no reason why he is having multiple 0 point games.. even Ray Allen can score more for us right now lol
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject:

For the love of god Wes, just go away. Ask Frank to just bench you. It’s beyond embarrassing now.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject:

Hes playing so bad its making me wish we still had DG. thats a serious accomplishment.
ramoer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

He's getting way too many minutes. Time to cut this guy and move on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

He was pretty good last season. Really fell off the cliff this year. That's what happens at that age.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Hes playing so bad its making me wish we still had DG. thats a serious accomplishment.

lol, just to make u feel better, $15m vs min
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
For the love of god Wes, just go away. Ask Frank to just bench you. It’s beyond embarrassing now.

Absolutely...when you’re hitting the bottom of the rim on a layup it’s time to look in the mirror....acknowledge you’re completely worthless and tell the coach “save me from my pathetic self and just please don’t play me one more second.”
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Normally I don’t overreact, but this guys done. I’d be surprised if we don’t find a replacement.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Playoff Rondo... Playoff Wes, right? RIGHT???
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I never understood this signing for the Lakers to begin with... Good guy but his best days are long behind him. Nothing close to the player he once was, I see him as being dealt really soon!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11
Jump to: