Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Marc Gasol numbers since Andre Drummond joined (6 games):

Quote:

Rebounds: 4.8

Assists: 2.8

Blocks: 1.2

Field Goal: 61.7%

3-Point: 55.6%

Mins: 17.54

Plus/Minus: -2

Gasol observations are all his numbers have gone up, most notably points, field goal and 3-point percentages have seen a bigger jump.

What's frustrating is that Lakers now have a fully motivated Marc Gasol who has a fire lit ever since Drummond came in that he's stepped up his whole game while playing fewer mins. And instead of the Lakers capitalizing on this new found fire and motivation, they just sit him on the bench.

Compare Marc's stat to Trez on that same stretch: @ironmamba

Quote:
Rebounds: 5.6
Assists: 0.5
Blocks: 0.5
Field Goal: 47.9%
Mins: 18.57

Plus/Minus: -33

That overall net -33 sticks out like sore thumb. If you count last night's -19 game, he's now an overall net -52.

Vogel is quick to bench Wes for THT, quick to bench Gasol for Drummond, but he won't do it with Trez.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

That overall net -33 sticks out like sore thumb. If you count last night's -19 game, he's now an overall net -52.

Vogel is quick to bench Wes for THT, quick to bench Gasol for Drummond, but he won't do it with Trez.

When I say I want Gasol playing it doesn't mean in place of Trez. I think both can play and maybe even compliment each other.

I can never see Vogel benching Trez at all honestly. Trez is the type of personality who will not take kindly to being benched and he will make it known in the media and even social media, ending up being a distraction in the locker room which can't happen this close to the playoffs.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

Trez and Gasol can play together. Trez at the 4 Gasol at the 5. Trez will be primarily in the paint and Gasol would be stretching the floor so they'd compliment each other very well. Gasol can also help the stagnant offense with his passing and getting the team in a flow.

Vogel's just being stupid.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

He needs to stop the passive aggressive stuff in the media. If he played as hard as he did after the Drummond to Lakers news, maybe he’s still a starter.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Trez and Gasol can play together. Trez at the 4 Gasol at the 5. Trez will be primarily in the paint and Gasol would be stretching the floor so they'd compliment each other very well. Gasol can also help the stagnant offense with his passing and getting the team in a flow.

This is what I don't understand. Why don't they play together? In my opinion, it's bad coaching not to see that.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Team high +12 doesn’t get PT in 2nd half
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Vogel did Marc dirty...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe gasol is our savior now with the way we trashed him earlier in the season, lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Gasol helps us get back in the game and Vogel doesn't play him in the 2nd half.

I question Vogel's coaching mind.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

He should be playing over Trez right now. I’m sick of seeing Trez screaming at the basket like he’s some super man when he dunks, and then stand there pretending he got hurt badly at least once a freaking game and giving the other team a power play and an easy score while he’s acting for a call on a play that happened five seconds ago. If you’re a tough guy, then man the (bleep) up and take the contact and get your ass back on defense. Don’t act like you got your eye gouged out and then be perfectly fine third seconds later after the other team has scored. It’s happened so often this season that I could see Trezget his arm ripped off with blood spurting everywhere on the court and I’d still spend the first few seconds thinking he’s faking; he just does it so (bleep) often
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I said months ago right here on LG. Montrez should not be playing center, and I wrote a detailed analyses as to why.

Again, Montrez is NOT a natural center. He played PF in college, and then was drafted into Houston's failed small-ball experiment as a backup, undersized center with length. Clippers continued that trend, but they used Montrez differently that the Lakers do. Lakers brought him in and continued to erroneously play him at the 5. Why? I'm no fan of Gasol, but he has some bankable skills at the 5 that Montrez doesn't have, and a tandem of Drummond/Gasol can do some damage. Montrez should do work at his natural position, but Vogel keeps putting him at the damned center position.
I'm trying not to second guest Vogel, but it seem seems obvious to me that Montrez is not being used correctly.

Dammit!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Gasol helps us get back in the game and Vogel doesn't play him in the 2nd half.

I question Vogel's coaching mind.

Lakers were down 12 before Marc came in, Lakers then make a run and get a 5 point lead before he sat back down.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I said months ago right here on LG. Montrez should not be playing center, and I wrote a detailed analyses as to why.

Again, Montrez is NOT a natural center. He played PF in college, and then was drafted into Houston's failed small-ball experiment as a backup, undersized center with length. Clippers continued that trend, but they used Montrez differently that the Lakers do. Lakers brought him in and continued to erroneously play him at the 5. Why? I'm no fan of Gasol, but he has some bankable skills at the 5 that Montrez doesn't have, and a tandem of Drummond/Gasol can do some damage. Montrez should do work at his natural position, but Vogel keeps putting him at the damned center position.
I'm trying not to second guest Vogel, but it seem seems obvious to me that Montrez is not being used correctly.

Dammit!

I actually blamed Harrell, but It looks like it's the coach. He's not using him properly.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He use Trezz as 4 with AD, but he is reluctant on using him as 4 with Gasol. I dont know why.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject:

This is on Vogel. He looks lost with his lineups, really he has been bad all season with his rotations.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This is on Vogel. He looks lost with his lineups, really he has been bad all season with his rotations.

As I just mentioned in the game thread, I think promises were made to Drummond to get him to sign and those promises limit Vogel's ability to use Marc.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

As I just mentioned in the game thread, I think promises were made to Drummond to get him to sign and those promises limit Vogel's ability to use Marc.

Nope, it's the bench rotations that were absurd. The starters are ok.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Nope, it's the bench rotations that were absurd. The starters are ok.

Nope, Marc did not come back with the bench mob in the second half.

Also, Drummond as a starter at the moment is not OK. But, those are two distinct arguments.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

Played 8 minutes last night and was a +12.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Played 8 minutes last night and was a +12.

Yeah but he can't jump, doesn't block shots, looks slow, can't dunk nor flex/scream after dunks /sarcasm
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

He has earned more run. At some point, you have to bench Keif and try the Gasol/Trez line up. Keif has gone ice cold the last four games, we have to adjust. Gasol will be huge for us in the Playoffs at some point.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
He has earned more run. At some point, you have to bench Keif and try the Gasol/Trez line up. Keif has gone ice cold the last four games, we have to adjust. Gasol will be huge for us in the Playoffs at some point.

5 games
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

in the expense of ad lebron and lakers title? i dont think this baby sitting will last any longernw that bron's back
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Vogal couldn't play Gasol 2 or 3 minutes in the 2nd half just to ensure the win? That's all it would have taken.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

if Vogel thinks "Well we need Kief for his floor spacing..."

Did he forget Gasol can stretch the floor too? And play defense? And playmake?

Kief can only do 1 of those things and he's been horrible at it the past few games, but Vogel just decides he wants to keep giving Kief opportunity after opportunity while whenever Vogel remembers Gasol exists he plays well and the team functions and runs better with him on the floor?

What I don't understand is that these things are plain as day to us all, but Vogel and coaches like him, such as Luke with that mentality... as we've seen time and time again decide to stick with stuff that doesn't work for the LONGEST TIME before even trying what is obvious.

The problem is Vogel said a month ago that he WOULD indeed be playing Harrell and Gasol as the backup 4 and 5 together with each other and even specified why it would work.

Then he goes on to NEVER do it.... then last night he sees how great we look with Gasol out there while Drummond is on the bench... but then decides to never use Gasol again in the 2nd half... he plays Harrell out there with Davis. .but NOT with Gasol... he plays Harrell out there with Kief but NOT with Gasol...

If you have one player that is out there to shoot threes, and another player that can shoot threes, pass and play defense... then it's only idiocy that you prioritize the player that is only there for one thing, and currently sucking at it for the player that's been consistently good at all three.

Again, these decisions really make me question Vogel's ability as a coach, particularly on the offensive end of actually understanding what works.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 48 of 65
Jump to: